The James Gang

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
My problem with having large man-hands and arthritic fingers is I always ended up with the pregnant ones. Smoked fine but wonky looking.
same prob.
My problem with having large man-hands and arthritic fingers is I always ended up with the pregnant ones. Smoked fine but wonky looking.
@H.A.F. i started pile in more at each end of the binder, thinner in the mid. by the time it makes first round things level out , some what looks like a joint, better than startin with a lump in the middle.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Starting from the bottom. The Polecat '91 could be triplets. The Savage Headband are the three bears... The Mad Dog CBG is a question mark. No clue what that compound is supposed to do... But they were free. It doesn't get prime real estate for now and will go in the slow tent. I decarbed 90% of the Sage CBD plant as soon as it was dry. I kept the 4 tops for curing and smoking.
IMG_1538.JPG
Of the seed plants only yhe Skunkwater x Pandemic looks like it'll be held back. I am not in a hurry on anything and flipping too early on tiny plants can be disappointing if it's good smoke. I think the main deciding factor will be when there's a good enough top to clone.
The 4 clones are still technically mom plants since I haven't flipped them but the Sangria Cookies and CCC are flipping soon. After topping their limbs shot right up.
IMG_1540.JPG
The SkunkXXX that had root nubs Sunday doesn't want to die. I may in fact keep a mom if it stays tiny. This is from the shrubby one
IMG_1541.JPG
The Sangria Cookies are flipping tiny because the first clone shows the mature stretch I didn't allow with the early flip. Had to raise the lights again.
IMG_1551.JPG
And this tent is the story of two Piffs. 54 days in 12/12 and the supposed 14-weeker is fading at 7 weeks and looks nice. The other one is looking a little deficient.
IMG_1542.JPG
Neither is really browning much so there's at least another 3-4 weeks...
IMG_1544.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Testing out my recently cured stuff and nothing sucks! The MAC1 x Orgi is the rock star. It was small, low yield, and frosty, and is also a one-hitter-quitter weed. Pack a bowl and go do something that doesn't require operating heavy machinery :) The runners up this round were:

I smoked one of those Momma Moonshine #4 and one of the DeChempose #1 this afternoon. Both were the earlier planst of each strain. Neither sat me down, both lighter on the smell and their sisters. I'll give them an actual test over the next few days to get a good impression before I try the others. If they are similar I dump them together, if not I keep the best. Last was the Lemon Tree S1. This is also gonna need a better look. It is frosty and sticky and smells like butterscotch candy, but it seems a little light on the buzz side.

All of this reinforces my 4wk flip/small plant theory. It limits both the stretch and the yield, but gets me that taste sooner. If I get one that yields and is great, cool! I'm done. If I get one that is great but low yield I'll have the clone to make more. But that's it.

Any larger quantity of the same stuff is going to get old before I get through it. Any mom I keep around long enough to want more of that smoke after I run out is too much work for the return.

More beans, but I think keeping with variety is still the way to go. If I have 5-6 regs that can all go at once, but any more than that and i'll save the rest to drop more later. I think 3 beans is going to be the minimum for the regs. And if I get three girls, rock on! I still have about 40 reg strains that I have only gotten a male from on the first one or two tries.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Freakshow is doing this wierd thing that looks like eggs. The pic isn't great and they and the pistils are whiter. They don't look like they'll unfold into pistils but they may, or they may be the calyx a pistil will pop out of. Nothing that looks like it wants to make pollen.
IMG_1552.JPG
And this is my favorite weed - so far - in about 5 years of smoking my own. This is the CLHP. It always has a nice orange/green contrast and keeps it when it dries. Not super frosty looking but it dumps kief. These are the largest tops I got but then again, they might be from the lowers. It puts out marbles top to bottom. The best part is that it makes you feel like Spiccoli. Bad part is that if you have a touch of tinnitus it'll make your ears ring ;)
IMG_1559.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I forgot to mention that this CLHP bean plant was done in 52 days. The first and second generation clones went a whopping 54 days in runs a month apart. When these start getting low I plan to just drop a bean every drop or two and see if I can pheno hunt a bad one :cool: :ROFLMAO:

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
The Freakshow is doing this wierd thing that looks like eggs. The pic isn't great and they and the pistils are whiter. They don't look like they'll unfold into pistils but they may, or they may be the calyx a pistil will pop out of. Nothing that looks like it wants to make pollen.
View attachment 117528
And this is my favorite weed - so far - in about 5 years of smoking my own. This is the CLHP. It always has a nice orange/green contrast and keeps it when it dries. Not super frosty looking but it dumps kief. These are the largest tops I got but then again, they might be from the lowers. It puts out marbles top to bottom. The best part is that it makes you feel like Spiccoli. Bad part is that if you have a touch of tinnitus it'll make your ears ring ;)
View attachment 117529
Beautiful plants and buds. Love the high brix in veg.
Have you ever smoked a strain that helped with pain? I've had success with creating topical cream for pain relief but have never found a strain that I can smoke for pain relief.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Beautiful plants and buds. Love the high brix in veg.
Have you ever smoked a strain that helped with pain? I've had success with creating topical cream for pain relief but have never found a strain that I can smoke for pain relief.
I think I get that more from the edibles, but I always accompany edibles with smoke sooooo...

Smoking 1:1 THC:CBD flower did nothing for me on the first plant. The one I just grew had a lot more terps so maybe a lot more meds? It has a taco smell. I kept a little to smoke but decarbed about 2 zips. It works well.

I have a degenerative disc thing where the squishy stuff in the spine just degrades. Not a continuous pain thing but if it acts up it could show up as nerve pain elsewhere. The ones where I get the real stoner relaxation are great for keeping those from happening as often. Probably why I lean more towards the real potent, but also sour/skunky/cheesy/funky leaning plants. Those terp combos seem to just relax you in general.

I took a bowl-hit of that most recent CLHP last night and had to pee. :ROFLMAO: Not like I was gonna piss myself or anything but after the perfect bongrip where you have no desire to cough and you feel the effects taking hold - as I was standing there I felt the buzz creep down my neck and spine and when it got to the bladder it relaxed 😁 it wasjust a moment of stoner realization where I said "wow" and remembered it.

So the answer to the original question is yes but rare. I think your nose will tell you what you like. Chemdog doesn't smell nice. But after you've smoked it there's an associative thing with your senses that tell you "that is a good smell". Try lots of stuff and trust your nose LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All the closet seedlings hit 4 weeks today, and it's looking like these will flip at either 5 or 6 weeks, or I don't top and flip them as trees whenever.
Along with the 4 clones it's too crowded so I need to fire the slow tent back up. That tent is gonne be mainly for starting fall veggies but the 4 clones can go back, and the SW x P. Easier than Where's Waldo to find that one. They all got the seed-leaf and 3-toed leaf and any associated suckers removed. Some had great side branching, others next to nothing.
IMG_1560.JPG
There are killing it - mostly - 12 days in. 8 are ready for prime time and might see new pots in 2 days. That 2wk mark seems to be a good standard from these small cups. The CBG will shift tents along with the two wonky Savage Headband - nothing wrong with it but if it's for actual medicine? might as well veg longer.
IMG_1561.JPG
The baby bear is just a runt and looks fine, but the momma bear looks like a dead end. IMG_1562.JPG
And I got a varitey harvest today so I figured a pic would be justified. The "heirloom cherries" are prolific so instead of leaving a few smaller green tomatoes hanging on I have started taking the whole bunch once the bulk are ripe so the next bunches up the vine get more attention. They can ripen on the sill. The yellow "honeycomb" cherries are super sweet and the candyland mini's are bountiful. Had a big rain and a few started splitting. 3 "our favorite" bonnie tomatoes and one pink Brandywine. Some Chicago white-spine and Marketmore cukesm a California Wonder bell that was a dry-farming experiment (eeded more water LOL) and a few shishito. Last but not least - does anyone know hoe to cook a watermelon radish so it doesn't taste like dirt? IMG_1564.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Actually, once I get the seedlings out of that propagator them and all the slow plants should fit in the mini-tent.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
All the closet seedlings hit 4 weeks today, and it's looking like these will flip at either 5 or 6 weeks, or I don't top and flip them as trees whenever.
Along with the 4 clones it's too crowded so I need to fire the slow tent back up. That tent is gonne be mainly for starting fall veggies but the 4 clones can go back, and the SW x P. Easier than Where's Waldo to find that one. They all got the seed-leaf and 3-toed leaf and any associated suckers removed. Some had great side branching, others next to nothing.
View attachment 117566
There are killing it - mostly - 12 days in. 8 are ready for prime time and might see new pots in 2 days. That 2wk mark seems to be a good standard from these small cups. The CBG will shift tents along with the two wonky Savage Headband - nothing wrong with it but if it's for actual medicine? might as well veg longer.
View attachment 117567
The baby bear is just a runt and looks fine, but the momma bear looks like a dead end. View attachment 117568
And I got a varitey harvest today so I figured a pic would be justified. The "heirloom cherries" are prolific so instead of leaving a few smaller green tomatoes hanging on I have started taking the whole bunch once the bulk are ripe so the next bunches up the vine get more attention. They can ripen on the sill. The yellow "honeycomb" cherries are super sweet and the candyland mini's are bountiful. Had a big rain and a few started splitting. 3 "our favorite" bonnie tomatoes and one pink Brandywine. Some Chicago white-spine and Marketmore cukesm a California Wonder bell that was a dry-farming experiment (eeded more water LOL) and a few shishito. Last but not least - does anyone know hoe to cook a watermelon radish so it doesn't taste like dirt? View attachment 117569
My garden has been producing a ton this year. Last weekend I pulled out 6lbs of carrots and over the last week I've harvested and pickled 7lbs of cucumbers. All of my cabbage and lettuce has been harvested and the second round has been planted. I've pulled easily 15 pounds of green beans so far, a ton of zuchinni, and now the spaghetti squash is finishing up.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also - the last of my 4 AC Infinity clip fans showed up. I will buy a few more. I now have a plain fan and an oscillator in each flower tent. The oscillator comes on with the lights and blows between them and the tops, and the stationary one is on the opposite side of the tent at the floor.

I still have one vivo-sux fan in he closet but that's a little more sound-insulated than the tents. The decible level in my grow room is almost nil now with all fans and exhausts on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My garden has been producing a ton this year. Last weekend I pulled out 6lbs of carrots and over the last week I've harvested and pickled 7lbs of cucumbers. All of my cabbage and lettuce has been harvested and the second round has been planted. I've pulled easily 15 pounds of green beans so far, a ton of zuchinni, and now the spaghetti squash is finishing up.
I just have the small tester garden to see what to plant bulk of next year, so I get a random "what's for dinner?" harvest daily. Today those ripe cherry tomatoes and peppers are going in the crockpot with a pork butt. The radishes are all gone now those 4 were all that actually fruited no daikons made a radish thicker than a pinky.

I have some 3-foot tall second-run tomatoes that are just starting to flower, and a bunch of peppers and tomatoes in 4" pots ready to go in the ground soon for a third run. I am collecting some locally produced seeds to plant next year of the stuff I liked that did well.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I just have the small tester garden to see what to plant bulk of next year, so I get a random "what's for dinner?" harvest daily. Today those ripe cherry tomatoes and peppers are going in the crockpot with a pork butt. The radishes are all gone now those 4 were all that actually fruited no daikons made a radish thicker than a pinky.

I have some 3-foot tall second-run tomatoes that are just starting to flower, and a bunch of peppers and tomatoes in 4" pots ready to go in the ground soon for a third run. I am collecting some locally produced seeds to plant next year of the stuff I liked that did well.
Yeah, I have a ton of tomatoes, too. I've pulled some out already but they are really just starting to ripen now.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yeah, I have a ton of tomatoes, too. I've pulled some out already but they are really just starting to ripen now.
I stepped out and snagged some pics. Only one of my big tomatoes have done well. The Bonnie "Our Favorite" has put out some bio mass. It's the obvious one up front, but I have a cherokee purple and a pink brandywine that are now pruned back to one vine each and may start doing better - or they get replaced. It looks pretty naked because I have been keeping them lollipopped up to the first bunch of tomatoes.
IMG_1566.JPG
These are the heirlooms, and below them is now a cucumber trellis
IMG_1569.JPG
And the candyland are now a canopy. I just tied all the stems together to get a better perspective of where I can plant.
IMG_1572.JPG
These are the next generation. All oddball stuff that I'll get seeds from if it does well. I am goint to crowd these tomatoes together and keep them all pruned to one main stem. Having half a dozen limbs all making fruit from the same set of roots is not as good as having half a dozen rootballs and single-trunk plants.
IMG_1579.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There's not much too those candyland tomatoes, but by weight I probably get more of them than anything. I'll toss them in the freezer until I get a quart or two then season them up and cook them down. Not much meat to them but the juice is always tastier than big tomatoes. I'll seive it and then reduce the juice to a strong tomato broth then freeze it in ice trays. Middle of winter you can add a cube to whatever and get that blast of flavor.

I have some big square block ice trays for whiskey that stack nicely in a vacuum seal bag.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just snagged another regular clip fan off amazon. It's $50, but with free shipping. Almost the same price as putting one on "pre-order" with AC Infinity and paying them for shiping. And I get it in a few days instead of waiting on them to do another production run.

That will hook up the closet and finish that room. I am done now until they are more readily available but I want another oscillator or two.

This is good enough to see the durability. I am loving them just based on how quietly they push air. The main part is sealed so there are no vents to allow dust into the motor area like on all other clip fans.

That said, it's a clip fan which has up to this point been a disposable item. If I get a year or three out of them it's worth the extra cost. They do have a 2yr warranty...

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Have you ever smoked a strain that helped with pain?
Upon further review...

I should point out that I do take the occasional hero dose of Vitamin M... :cool: After a 25yr career of that being the go-to when vicodin or percocet wasn't called for (about 50% of the time...) my body is conditioned for it.

edited: 👆 that's Motrin, not Mushrooms LOL
1658555977963.png

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was cleaning and trying to consolidate stuff and put together a little late 70's/early-80's travelling nostalgia. When weed was sensimelia or seeded the frisbee was the perfect prep/rolling tray and the 1.5's had that nice scoop-flap to get the seeds rolling. The Proto pipe (with poker) was the one-hitter of choice. The postal scale was what the QP guys used. The guys we bought it from had the triple-beam :cool: and if you had a Dr's appointment and didn't snag a set of hemo's you were a pussy 😁 The only thing missing is the Crown Royal bag to put everything in. It fit under the seat and the bag kept stuff from bouncing out.
IMG_1580.JPG
The 4-non-mom's are all puffing up nicely.
IMG_1583.JPG
The Piffs are definitely growing different, but mostly everything is liking the open space.
IMG_1584.JPG
You can see the fingers on the rear plant leaves that are half bleached, and they all look dull. But @High kev did a fine job on the other one.
About 6 weeks to go though... damn.
IMG_1585.JPG
And the seedling babies got new shoes. the two Savage Headband wierdo's and the CBG plant are in the short bus tent.
IMG_1590.JPG

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I was cleaning and trying to consolidate stuff and put together a little late 70's/early-80's travelling nostalgia. When weed was sensimelia or seeded the frisbee was the perfect prep/rolling tray and the 1.5's had that nice scoop-flap to get the seeds rolling. The Proto pipe (with poker) was the one-hitter of choice. The postal scale was what the QP guys used. The guys we bought it from had the triple-beam :cool: and if you had a Dr's appointment and didn't snag a set of hemo's you were a pussy 😁 The only thing missing is the Crown Royal bag to put everything in. It fit under the seat and the bag kept stuff from bouncing out.
View attachment 117583
The 4-non-mom's are all puffing up nicely.
View attachment 117584
The Piffs are definitely growing different, but mostly everything is liking the open space.
View attachment 117585
You can see the fingers on the rear plant leaves that are half bleached, and they all look dull. But @High kev did a fine job on the other one.
About 6 weeks to go though... damn.
View attachment 117586
And the seedling babies got new shoes. the two Savage Headband wierdo's and the CBG plant are in the short bus tent.
View attachment 117587
Your nostalgia pick brought back sum memories... Those jb 1.5 papers was nice for rolling sum real fatties... Down side of em the paper was thick imo. Back then didn't care anyways... Lol. We wood call em bed sheets..
The scale could b pretty close depending on who's eyes was weighing...lol
Kool stuff and Kool plants man!
Thx