The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I already posted a pic, and it's not beautiful instagram weed, but two of the three Momma Moonshine plants were exactly what I wanted for smell and taste, and they also pack a punch. It's gonna last me a while. The earlier one is still up for debate on the buzz but the smell and taste are not there. Might be a good strong edible or hash run. Good for storage purposes too. I can combine the two like plants now.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Banana Hashplant isn't cured yet but it's good enough to stop burping daily so it's going into the weed fridge to finish up for a few weeks. Very dense and sticky, not hashy. I bet it would press well but you'd get nothing for return on bubble or dry sift. This smells more like baked goods than any other cookie strain I have grown. Not sure how far removed the Black Banana Cookies is from GSC but there's something to that lineage. I don't get banana, but maybe a banana bread that's not too heavy on the fruit. I have about two weeks before I get to try it. I find that cheating early on the dense/sticky stuff is rarely as satisfying as the kiefy strains. IMG_1617.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got that new Ardent FX on 7/10 and so far it works well. I have two of the Nova's that I got for about half price at two separate times that are now emergency spares. It has a setting for CBD and a setting for THC decarbing. I learned that CBG should be decarbed like THC, and that no one really knows much about it but it *seems* to be an enhancer. No buzz properties on its own but it makes your cannabinoid receptors work better to absorb whatever other stuff you are introducing.

What I am learning is that for the home grower that wants meds it might be better to grow a CBD plant (for example) than one that 'supposedly' has a 1:1 ratio or something. Grow 100% CBD, 100% THC, 100% CBG or whatever then combine it after the fact.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I got that new Ardent FX on 7/10 and so far it works well. I have two of the Nova's that I got for about half price at two separate times that are now emergency spares. It has a setting for CBD and a setting for THC decarbing. I learned that CBG should be decarbed like THC, and that no one really knows much about it but it *seems* to be an enhancer. No buzz properties on its own but it makes your cannabinoid receptors work better to absorb whatever other stuff you are introducing.

What I am learning is that for the home grower that wants meds it might be better to grow a CBD plant (for example) than one that 'supposedly' has a 1:1 ratio or something. Grow 100% CBD, 100% THC, 100% CBG or whatever then combine it after the fact.
I asked Floyd from Hoku Seeds about CBG and he said the one thing it is really good for is helping relieve people of gastrointestinal issues.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I asked Floyd from Hoku Seeds about CBG and he said the one thing it is really good for is helping relieve people of gastrointestinal issues.
I listened to an old podcast from Shaping Fire and the Dr went over the one unofficial study of people that used it for over 9 months. That was one of the benefits, but there were others. This was all based on what the weed doctor recommended for medical patients (i.e. lab rabbits) and then talking to those that used it as recommended. Could have all been based around a handful of doctors and what they prescribed it for.

So - if the weed doctor always said "take the CBG" whenever the patient mentioned tummy troubles then the results of any survey along those lines is gonna be skewed towards certain ailments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Alrighty - Going through the weed fridge and consolidating and sorting al the recent piles... Other than the fact that I love growing and smoking, I do this as a public service to give any insight I can to a strain I have tried or a breeder I had good or poor results from.

I have a few tins that have 5 compartments and probably holds about 2zips packed full, but I keep the last of the fire strains in one, and the last of the other stuff in another. Basically bowl weed and joint weed. The rest of the fridge is full of 800ml and 1200ml tins and some of those have dividers and have Member Berry on one side and Grandpa's Stash on the other (for example) if they have similar profiles, same breeder, same grow, whatever.

The Two DeChempose are still on the scales... weighing the buzz against the Chemdog. Unfortunately all chems will be judged that way. Other strains I love have a different buzz and might get kept even if they aren't as potent as long as it's a desired effect. If I grow a chem I don't want to smoke a disappointing chem. I can grow better ones.

The 2 later Momma Moonshine were both keepers but I decarbed the early one. One has a little more of a cheese/fermented smell than the other but both have a half-a-joint buzz that lasts. The one I identified at about week 4 of flower turned out to be the one I like best and is what I remembered so that is satisfying.

Three of the clones in flower are all justified following the cured-smoke check. The Sky Cuddler I haven't tried yet, but the Sangria Cookies is a definite top-shelf - it just isn't a big yielder. I'm hoping that one of the SkunkXXX from TH Seeds stands out from the other since the plants are so different now that they are mature, but the moms got dumped together - and are both keepers. It has a skunk smell! It's just not that loud. It has that high though which is all that matters. Perma-grin and let's do something! Both were far superior to the Bluperskunk from Riot.
IMG_1621.JPG

All the one-off's like the Lemon Tree, the MAC cross and such take up almost no room. The mini fridge full of stuff I can't cull plus the fact that I had to flip the most recent batch without topping and getting that clone - Karma. I am done cloning for the near future. Nothing I dropped is the last of anything, and most are the first.

I always have the option to snag a flower clone if I find a unicorn, but my unicorns have been far less rare. Either my standards are too low or I have an amazing selection of beans to grow - neither is changing any time soon ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Basically I could shut down the grows for a while with no worries but I am not doing that so I have to be more selective. If anyone else gets into the same 1st World "predicament" :unsure::cool:😁🤷‍♂️ My solution is the 1/2" bucket grid. I bust up all the multi-nug flowers - tops especially - and get rid of all the stem. I break everything down to it's lowest common denominator and then roll it across a grid. Any larf, lowers or shake get sifted out. Depending on volume and how much I love it I might toss all that in a coffee grinder for a pulse or two (it has no stems) and do some pre-rolls or just send it to the freezer for hash.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I listened to an old podcast from Shaping Fire and the Dr went over the one unofficial study of people that used it for over 9 months. That was one of the benefits, but there were others. This was all based on what the weed doctor recommended for medical patients (i.e. lab rabbits) and then talking to those that used it as recommended. Could have all been based around a handful of doctors and what they prescribed it for.

So - if the weed doctor always said "take the CBG" whenever the patient mentioned tummy troubles then the results of any survey along those lines is gonna be skewed towards certain ailments
i take it this translate to you can only have this part of the cannabis plant,no full spectrum cannabis allowed .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i take it this translate to you can only have this part of the cannabis plant,no full spectrum cannabis allowed .
Nah. It's just that there is no science. Period. They have inklings what CBG may do. No scientific, double-blind, placebo-controlled, etc. studies. Just surveys of people taking CBG because the guy that gave them their medical scrip said so.

As far as full spectrum that's what my THC plants are for. I want the cultivars that have it all. Plenty of THC punch with all the secondary and minor cannabinoids you can jam in there.

But if I want CBD then I want to grow a plant that is specifically CBD, not something claiming to be a 1:1 - since every pack will have variations. If I want that high CBD and high THC (or whatever) medicine then I should grow the best CBD plant and the best regular plant, then mix the flowers after.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Floyd told me he became a believer after a friend of his who has Crohn's started taking CBG tinctures and it relieved their symptoms when all the other meds they were on weren't helping.
I'm definitely not bagging on it as a medicine - Hell, I have one growing :cool: but I have no clue what it does.

I think most cannabinoids including THC are more like a multivitamin or a general antibiotic or anesthesia, than a medicine that only does "___".

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
And the "doctor" writing the scrip for the CBG might just be an investor in the local CBG distillation factory or whatever.
that is one thing with all the talkin heads havin fingers in the pie,the stuff i have looked at are all about keeping your solvent after extraction.( looks like a whisky still on steroids)