The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First run of worm castings. I scraped the goodies out of the bottom and there were castings above and below that window screen I have stuck in there. almost a gallon of castings from there, and sifting the bottom tray through an 1/12" screen. The mass of worms I have is stupendous. I have not been feeding enough compared to all the worms I have added I guess, but there were little to no food scraps anywhere. Now I have it set up right with an almost full bottom tray that's mainly castings and bedding, then a top tray I won't mess with as much so the food stays where I initially put it. I put an assortment of stuff on one side of the top bin to see what they prefer.

I stuck a few food items in the castings to try and draw up any babies and get them back in the bin. I saw many of the less than one inch variety nso they are feeding and breeding.
IMG_5309.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
From the bottom up. These are just under 65w. In a few days they'll go to one gallons, stay in the mini tent and get another 65w added.
IMG_5329.JPG
These are the ones not ready to flip and the auto. The three PTK are on the chubby ones on the corners. Since all three are behaving the same I may go with a mainline on them - just keep the best two shoots then top those. The Freakshow are not getting topped. Theres a Royal Kush and an Oilspill runt in here, and the 007up just got topped for 6 limbs. The auto Chem D is upper left.
IMG_5328.JPG
Thes are ready in a week or so, except the cabbage leaf RK in the middle. The CLHP and Mimms Kush flower clones are in here and flipping with the first batch and/or getting culled. I may do another crazy "zero square footage" pruning on them to make them flat and just stick them in the corners.
IMG_5323.JPG
because I'm gonna have plenty of flower from the moms. IMG_5315.JPG
Here's the light-banger twin towers Mimms. Leaves are taco's and I'm watcjing real close for stress-nanners but so far she's a champ. She's the Mimms I have the clone from.
IMG_5317.JPG
This is the shorter one, both have exactly the same smell and have had since they started smelling. Just different sizes.
IMG_5318.JPG
The CLHP fem is the other clone. and she's a chunky-bud girl. Gonna have plenty of her too.
IMG_5319.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I may be holding off on the next drop because I see a traffic jam forming. The veg plants are at 6 weeks today and I usually have stuff sexed by now. Live and learn LOL

I'm going to keep the stuff in smaller containers longer for now unless an individual plant starts needing water daily. Might keep the babies in the cups longer before up-potting.

One thing to un-jam it is that the three baby fems (Chem's and UK Cheese) are probably going in the same large pot. That should be fun...

The auto ChemD can finish outside if needed, I have the fem seeds now. The first one is out there and not doing much but it will have a top bud :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is just after feeding and lights out, the droop is not standard, the taco-ing is ;)
IMG_5341.JPG
These just got flipped at 6 weeks. I don't have a lot of hope for the cabbage leaf Royal Kush in the center so it's flipping as is. Not much in the limb department, so if it's a girl it shouldn't take up much room.
IMG_5344.JPG
These have mostly another week to go, maybe two on a few. Everything just got a good feeding so it should take off shortly.
IMG_5346.JPG
Plugged in the second 65w light after I soaked them, and next move could either be a feeding as is or into a 1gal.
IMG_5348.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random stoner stuff. I usually move the stuff out of the solo cups as soon as I see roots at the bottom. I think this might actually be keeping the plants smaller, at least initially.

Here's my theory.
When the roots hit bottom and start circling something signals the top to "start growing, this is as much root space as we get",
When you up-pot them your "transplant shock" is just them shifting modes again from primarily rooting to primarily vegging as far as energy use.
When I have transplanted prior to them circling the bottom I have still seen the "transplant shock" delay - which I think is just like after they have been rootbound. It's just rooting. So after up-potting, then a few days (depending on how much larger you went) for the roots to hit bottom, the tops start growing.

But I think they explode based on root mass. Like, going from a solo cup then letting them fill up a 1 gallon they'll do it quicker, but then the growth-rate is only based on a one gallon root-mass as far as how quick they grow. If you go to a 2 or 3 gallon, it'll take longer to hit bottom (not much) but you'll get more growth once it kicks in.

Could have some effect on node spacing if I'm right.

Anyway - I wrote that stoned as hell yesterday and waited to post it until I could re-read it and see if it made sense 😁
These are getting one gallons today. Everything looks healthy and normal, and the UK Cheese looks like it's jumping into it's own schedule early. Twice the size of the others. The Vin Santo are looking like sextuplets, which is cool, and this 007up is doing better than the last one. actually catching up to the Chems.
IMG_5350.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These loved the feeding. First time starting them off with the more natural stuff. I used a half dose of the FFHF top dressing that I usually use, so actually about a 1/6th dose. They mainly got insect frass and fresh worm castings and they look lush. Everything perked up.
I'm waiting on the PTK to stretch and I'll start pruning lower shoots to try and get some separation in the 4 tops. But wanting them to grow and removing leaves is counter-productive. The three in the middle row I'm just waiting on them to get bigger than the pot they're in LOL
IMG_5349.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just saw the SupaFreak (Humbolt Seed Co.) available and didn't snag them - and now they are gone. I still have three Freakshow beans but that is next on my list for fun/wierd plants to keep in the garden. It's a Freakshow F6 pheno hunt then backcross or Bx6 if I get the nomenclature right, but it's basically another Freakshow.

Also want to grow one of those ducks-foot plants like the Frisian Duck

Someone should cross weed with a cucumber or grape so it get's those tendrils to support itself :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The juggling begins. I ditched the shelf and moved the runt Northern Lights to the other tent since it's flipped now. This is my elite cut tent. They have priority then whatever else can fit as stuff cycles out. It will probably end up having a shelf just for sexing smaller stuff. IMG_5354.JPG
NL, and the CLHP and Mimms Kush clones are in here on the right. I bumped up the small Royal Kush to flower just because I needed the room. I have stuff already showing sex 2 days into flip so I'm not worried about them being immature. The stuff still in veg I just want more of or a better structure.
IMG_5353.JPG
I needed room because you can only fit 10 one gallon nursery pots in the mini tent. I'm keeping this in mind for future drops, because the lighting in the mini tent rocks, just not much height. The PTK are finally getting a ittle stretch on.
I put the biggest and smallest seedling repots in here because - fuck it :cool:. The 007up is a few days younger.
IMG_5352.JPG
Moving those two also satisfied the OCD part of me. The repots got 1/4 cup of fresh worm castings as their first shot of nutrients, and maybe some baby worms to hatch. These will be the first to get treated as living soil from the beginning, and most will go into that build-a-soil blend after sexing. I am going back in after burning one and doing this to add some cover crop seeds, and some rice hulls to everything that I didn't hit yet.
IMG_5351.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The re-potted ones will get a mixed cover crop, but the just flipped will get a cover crop if they are girls, there are a few that are already tentatively male, just waiting on the definite "no pistil" thing with the sexy parts.

This is what I meant with the Wile. E. Coyote reference and the rice hulls. Picture a 50lb bale machine compressed, then band-sawed in half. I needed to find a good tub to set this in and just pick out bits as needed.
IMG_5364.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The other thing on the rice hulls is that bale cost $40. I put everything I vacuumed off the last batch out in the compost pile along wigh most of the adult gnats. I am planning for this to be a 'disposable' or expendable product in the grow a little goes a long way. Replacing it every feeding growing my old way would not be cost prohibitive.

But with the cover crops it changes the ball game. I probably won't have to re-apply things I would have in the past. With the worms I'll likely be adding more.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I gave each of these some individual attention. The three PTK got majorly snipped. All are showing offset nodes so they'll flip as I cull stuff in the other tent. I think the stretch will get them where they need to be. Everything else got a cover crop "12-seed blend". The PTK and those I just flipped are close enough to either up-pot or culling that it isn't worth it. Stuff would just be sprouting as I crush it during a re-pot, or bury it to sink a stretchy trunk deeper. or toss it in the recycle bin. Old retired dudes can take naps then get up when the lights come on if there's stuff to do but the other seedlings can wait until morning. That's just assembly-line crap that goes well with coffee.
IMG_5365.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I am growing purple weed I like it when it's the buds that are purple, not the leaves. The Tall Mimms is getting close and getting nice magenta/purple brachts
IMG_5376.JPG
I think it came on quick like the leaf change. But I can also see the back side better now that has been shaded most of the grow.
Growers note - the plant had light, that side did not. The shade didn't matter at all. Probably nicer because it was protected.
IMG_5367.JPG
The other one none of the pics came out, but it's further behind. This tall mimms will be going as soon as I start seeing a few ambers. I have the short one, and the clone of the tall one. this can be the early-chop test. Something about this rapid color change makes me want to take it down, but there's still too high a percentage of white pistils. IMG_5370.JPG
The CLHP is going dark soon.
IMG_5377.JPG
Milky and amber on the leaves, but still a little too much clear on the buds. A fine specimen - and I have a clone of this too ;) IMG_5371.JPG
Some trich-check pics
IMG_5372.JPGIMG_5374.JPG
I lasso'd the Flo Rida Kush I don't think there will be any airflow problems with her or the Forum Cut GSC. Both are starting to stack so I think the bulk of the stretch is done. The GSC will probably get a center stake just to keep her sturdy.
IMG_5378.JPG
Listening to podcasts, and learned that the GSC is supposedly from the Flo Rida that got hit with Durban Poison - or vice versa.
There'll be no money, but on my deathbed I'll achieve total conciousness
So I got that going for me

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
I just saw the SupaFreak (Humbolt Seed Co.) available and didn't snag them - and now they are gone. I still have three Freakshow beans but that is next on my list for fun/wierd plants to keep in the garden. It's a Freakshow F6 pheno hunt then backcross or Bx6 if I get the nomenclature right, but it's basically another Freakshow.

Also want to grow one of those ducks-foot plants like the Frisian Duck

Someone should cross weed with a cucumber or grape so it get's those tendrils to support itself :)
add in a little willow tree for cold hardy and being able to stand under water and start growing agin.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Does anyone have or know of a definitive list of cannabis categories? Not like Indica/Sativa/hybrid, but if you were putting a seedbank in order and wanted plants of similar growing characteristics in the same category. Something like Haze, Kush, etc. ,

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Babies are good
IMG_5385.JPG
The Freakshow and the 007up (6top) are what's left to flip.
IMG_5384.JPG
The Freaks just keep pumping out nodes, but no major stretch. I'm digging that central leaf on the one that bifurcated. Like a little tree :)
IMG_5383.JPG
I'll be re-dropping some stuff next run, and room is no longer a problem. Lost both Oilspill, the Queens Sangria, and a Royal Kush to maleness, and one of the two Royal Limez is looking male. No females yet but one Limez is leaning that way. Saw what might be a pistil, should know tomorrow. The RK that are left are a runt and the cabbage leaf which still haven't shown. Basically a shit return on this drop. I'll get a few that will have plenty of room. Flipped the three PTK to get them sorted. I was hoping to clear a big chunk of my new-bean list as far as at least trying some of everything. Next is gonna be either a random one-each of the same regs and just run whatever is female. But I;m running 6 females next so it might wait.
IMG_5381.JPG
I chopped the CLHP and the tall Mimms. Didn't get great harvest pics, but the cured buds are gonna be amazing. Room in here for whatever, so it'll probably be for tall plants. IMG_5386.JPG
The CLHP I tried to get a pic without the support pole and it started falling over so I chopped it and hung it. No pics. The Mimms came out OK, but not a great pic.Doesn't show how purple tinted the buds are.
IMG_5390.JPG
But this does.
IMG_5392.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just entered the harvest notes in my little spreadsheet and did the math adding up the four CLHP and the two Mimms Kush limbs. Both plants had the same total wet weight of 279g. Crazy. Should get just over 2oz out of each. Both were right at 9 weeks.

The Mimms that is still going is chunkier than the twin towers was. She's foxtailing pretty good all over and just doesn't look done - but probably is. Just soaked everything and I'll check it again when it needs water (or not)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Connoisseur smoking is kind of my thing now, and I found a series that has a lot of great ideas. "The Ganjier" is just this dude getting high with famous breeders or others in the weed industry. Pretty lame - except that Frenchy, Leo Stone, Mean Gene, and lots of others go on there and bring their own headstash and how they like to smoke it. Not posting videos because of that damn Utoob age bullshit, but search it and watch. There are a bunch of 2-3 minute clips, of bs, but the half-hour-ish ones are good. From The Dank Duchess: Bejeweled Joints, Heavenly Hashish I learned about the "witches hat" and I'm sold.

Pack the last 1/4" fairly loose, then crimp it. make the it flat, then concave it with the little ridge around the edge. Hit that with a quick blast of flame, then pull the top off. Now you have a perfect 'pre-cherry' end that will burn even. I light it with no inhale until it's glowing, then the short quick puffs to get it going. You aren't sucking burn't paper or a ton of heat through the cone. It preserves the terps.
IMG_5398.JPG
Since my old fingers don't agree with rolling, making the little hash snakes to stick in the middle of a joint doesn't work with cones. It squishes down, or ends up alongside the paper. But little BB's of hash dropped in at regular intervals as you pack it work well. I keep several strains ready to smoke so I have options. I'll grind up a few nugs and pack a few cones then the rest goes in a doob-tube, color coded for strain, either for the bowl or blending with other leftovers.
IMG_5397.JPG