The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Decisions decisions... :unsure:

3 days, and 10 of 12 seedlings are up. One dud Vin Santo and one Soundclash. One of the other Soundclash was a helmet head, but none of the three had tails,so I am thinking that's just a hard-crack seed in general.

Since it was two regs, and I base my drop on getting 50/50 m/f ratio I can drop a few more beans - or not.

Since the next dud in the 007up pack gets me a new pack I am gonna get ready to drop two of my remaining 5. Don't even know if the runt is a girl yet, so I might as well.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Seeds Here Now 'guarantee' is for 70% germination. For a 12-pack of beans that means four need to fail instead of three. :unsure: Mathematically that might as well have been 66%. Also there is a limit of three times you can use that (supposedly) forever. That said, I think they have to have that kind of policy to prevent scammers - if I push the issue they'd cave. Pretty sure they like my business.

There was a large % sale so I dropped this month's weed budget on more beans. Picked up some Mz Jills (Querkle) and Maddfarmer (Lemony Wicked). I've wanted to try both breeders, and both are strains they are proud of. I just picked ones I have heard of or heard them talk about. I got Cali-O S1 fems from Humbolt CSI which is another on my list of some original breeders cuts just for my personal knowledge (and enjoyment 😁 ) I know that they are reversed S1's, so there will be a lot of phenotypical expression - but these cuts go back to when they just started naming strains, and there's a short family tree.

Last was TH Seeds which is another breeder on my list to try. I looked at a few others on my list, but ths shopping trip was for a variety of the cheaper stuff. His prices were reasonable at less than $10/bean so I started clicking through his in stock strains. Yahtzee ;)
Named after the famous L.S.D. experiments in the 50’s this mostly Indica hybrid will truly hypnotize you. A cross of the legendary G-13™ and LA’s finest O.G. Kush™, that produces very tight resin coated buds, with addictive qualities that cannot be underestimated. A piney flavor that lasts and lasts and a hypnotic high make MK the ultimate head stash! 1st place winner at the 2003 Cannabis Cup and 2nd place in 2004 – watch out for future wins from this super Indica. The pine is something I like, and haven't grown in abundance. If I'm gonna try it I'll try them from people that won cups with it.

I think that's it for now, saving for any fall/winter drops from Freeborn, Aficionado and a few others. The way I see it, these breeders get a big reputation for a reason. But I want to see for myself.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Soooooo there was definitely a dud in the 6 Vin Santo I dropped - it was ME :rolleyes:
IMG_5227.JPG
I noticed it in time that there was no major surgery involved. I wiggled the cup a little and loosened up the dirt and it popped right out
IMG_5228.JPG
Oh well.
IMG_5231.JPG
This is veg, and I'll be making room for a few more when I flip the tent.
IMG_5233.JPG
The Freakshow just got bigger pots, the auto is looking sharp now, and the clones are still just extra weed. If I have a lot of girls they can hang out and get pruned back until I smoke the moms. It'll be a while before I get back around to dropping more. Freak #2 is now Freak #2 because it bifurcated itself there's one crazy fan leaf in the center and two main limbs 😁
IMG_5232.JPG
This is the veg tent that will be flipped when most of these are ready. If I have one or two that start stretching crazy I can flip a single or two but I'd rather flip a big group and then stick a few in the closet to get bigger. The 007-up and the sideways Oilspill will likely stay in veg, and the cabbage-leaf Royal Kush has some sturdy looking sprouts but short.
IMG_5236.JPG
There is ZERO node space before the first set of fan leaves on each side. I'm getting this big before flipping
IMG_5238.JPG
I flipped the FloRida Kush and the Forum Cut GSC. Both look beautiful and flipping now I have room to let them triple in height if they want it. Since I'm not chucking (again) I'm not keeping them around. If I decide to in the future I'll have a good idea what traits each cut carries, and I'll know where I can get the ones I want ;)
IMG_5234.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
1 for two (so far) on the 007up everything else is vertical.
IMG_5242.JPG
I moved the 007up runt back in here with stuff I know will flip later
IMG_5241.JPG
The three in front here got topped a node high (6 limbs). If the lower 4 sprouts are the keepers they get topped again and flip with the rest, if not the lower set get pruned and they wait.
IMG_5243.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This tent is about 50/50 tall and short (for now)
IMG_5266.JPG
And so is this one.
IMG_5260.JPG
5 of 11 will be ready in a week or so, but the closet is gonna get crowded.
IMG_5261.JPG
if I shove the other 6 in here. So clones may have to go, or get flipped as is when that day comes.
IMG_5254.JPG
These are now in the open air and getting some wind.
IMG_5253.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That tall Mimms is is getting thick.
She's tacoing up top, but that's to be expected when you bump your head on the lights ;)
She's also the one I have a clone from. I don't know if I'll need extra of that weed LOL
Actually, the CLHP is the same. Plenty in flower now, and it's a fem I have more beans of. Anyone want a couple of flower clones?

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Northern Lights runt is pissing me off - more about me than anything else. That is one that should have been vegged longer and the lower stuff pruned away. Lesson learned (again :rolleyes: ) but perfect timing since I have a tent half full of stuff that shouldn't flip with the rest of the drop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Update on crap I posted elsewhere - more for my reference (when did I do that?) 😁
My tribute to Frenchy was cleaning out the freezer, putting raw material (no bag) in the ice/water in my 7 gallon bubble-wash machine I got because he told me it was good :)
IMG_5270.JPG
Since I don't have a freeze-dryer I stuck it in the fridge with the 25m screen then a towel wrapped around it, and set a gallon of milk on it to lightly press some excess water out and the towel to wick it away. 12 hours and I think that's as much as it will squeeze out. Since I have a weed-n-seed fridge it will slow dry in there, dark but open. The thing rarely kicks on unless I open it. IMG_5280.JPG
I also got my replacement beans for the 007up that had a shit germ rate (2-6). I have heard they are great breeders, so maybe something happened to the pack... I got a completely different strain as a replacement.
IMG_5274.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
preface: I have been working on some Frenchy method hash today and I haven't done much of anything. Fucked-upper than a football bat most of the day. Random shit follows.

I like the lemon terp. I got the 007up because it was a Lemon Tree cross.

I got the Lemon Tree cross because I got the Lemon Tree Testers from @Heisenbeans and #1 has straight lemon oil/rind-limonene in your face. You have to blend it, and it carries through nice. Running low so I planted another one.

I have a bagseed that volunteered in a pot and I grew out that was lemony, sticky and awesome, but not much there, and it's really no better than an average buzz. But the flavor is there. It'll probably be hash before I smoke it all.

I just grew out my second Lemon Tree and it ain't lemon. :rolleyes: Damn stuff smells like something dipped in herb-butter. Something sweet, but a little funky like crab instead of corn - but it may cure out either direction. But it ain't lemon :cool:

I also have a few Royal Limez going and got a freebie second pack from Emerald Mountain when I bought something else.

My latest bean purchase had some Lemony Wicked from Maddfarmer.

I think I am done buying citrus.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got about 3/4 qt of the Lemon Tree, and It is still in burp mode with the other H plants I had going. Nice assortment of aroma therapy at burp-time.
GMO Cake is 3/4 of a half gallon jar, and smells like something sweet soaked in terpentine.
The AC x ADub contest plant (The candleabra) is half a qt, and so far it is sour, with a hint of liquid smoke

The SD x AC tester that became Sundae Batter was another half qt, and looks to be something special. It smells like dryer sheet - fresh, in your face, then berries or something. It is greasy. It is medium dense, fairly frosty but not a powdered sugar nug, but there was zero kief, and zero finger hash on the gloves. There was a wet layer of oil on the finger tips where I touched the stem. After I snipped the big fans off and got it jarred there was very little trim but it was all shiny. I decarbed it and I'll let you know LOL.

I also got the Zkittles auto jarred and was pleasantly surprised. Better return than the first one since I got better info by the second auto. But what I like is that it looks and smells exactly like the first one. The buzz on the first is really enjoyable. Happy high. Makes me want to try out a reg or fem Zkittles and compare. Pics of all this when it's cured, but I am stoked to burn some.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Was the trim/larf you used wet or dried trimmed before going into the freezer? That's a spicy meataboll
All of it was 7-10 day dry then freezer. The stuff I trim on harvest day has no trichs worth saving. If it is worthsaving I keep it with the plant until I jar it.

I have also been leaning away from the "picture-trim" where everything is manicured. I take off anything with a stem, then any leaf tips thatt are naked looking. I leave the crows feet at the base if they are frosty. I can clean all that up when I roll it. I also break down everything to individual nugs instead of leaving big flowers.

It smells like sweet gas :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Citrus - Forgot all about the orange stuff. I have Cali-O, Orange Berry Smoothie, Orange Blossom Special, a few Tangie or Clementine crosses where it isn't i the name and I for got which they are, and Grapefruit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
2 days ago all the veg plants got a little (1qt) of aloe fermented plant juice, powdered aloe, and some LAB and molasses. They liked it.
IMG_5286.JPG
The 007up (front right) is thriving now, so I'm moving some that I know won't flip with the rest back in here.
IMG_5287.JPG
And these are mostly rooted where it's obvious in the clear cup. They got their first good watering with coconut water, which should stick the soil together well for an up-pot in a few days. I usually see a growth spurt after the first soak. IMG_5289.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How are you liking the rice hull mulch so far?
Does the water flow right through it or pool up for a bit?
It gets gnatty, but no worse than anything else. I only watered through it once so far and it seems fine. I have a clean shopvac set up for feeding day, and plan to suck all the hulls off, top-dress, water, the put new hulls one. I got a 25lb bail of the stuff fairly cheap, and I am afraid to unpack it :ROFLMAO: the shit will not go back into that sock once I bust the seal, and I have no idea how much storage space I'll need once I do but it's compacted into about a 1.5'x1.5' cube. I have a feeling it'll be a Wile E. Coyote moment when I open it up :cool: