The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So far so good.
IMG_8786.JPG
tripod has weird node-spacing and stem thickness. Skinny at the dirt, then fat where the 3-thing is going on, then skinny again.
I think that's why I haven't topped it. It would be a big fat open wound where I wanted to top it.
IMG_8789.JPG
Looking at pics I think I'll top above the next set of leaves and just leave them on. 2 days and look at those lower snips re-vegging LOL
IMG_8791.JPG
Not done yet.
IMG_8788.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Almost 3 weeks on the Hippie Crippler and it is done. IMG_8800.JPG
Only going to get better, but I think that the vacuum curing during the initial jarring speeds things up.
It's great bowl weed. Slow burning and resinous, Don't know how the cones are going to work out because it's sticky.
I made some short-fatty's to see if they draw better. The tops ended up at 9, 10, 11, & 12g.

The smell is dank, kerosene undertones, but just a good weed smell. No freshness or sweetness. All dank.
It has a rich, smooth taste, like a good cigar but with weed. Real energetic, do-something weed though. Creative thinking stuff.
And I am going to let her sisters go long because of it, to see if there's a more narcotic effect to add to the mix.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Almost 3 weeks on the Hippie Crippler and it is done. View attachment 64952
Only going to get better, but I think that the vacuum curing during the initial jarring speeds things up.
It's great bowl weed. Slow burning and resinous, Don't know how the cones are going to work out because it's sticky.
I made some short-fatty's to see if they draw better. The tops ended up at 9, 10, 11, & 12g.

The smell is dank, kerosene undertones, but just a good weed smell. No freshness or sweetness. All dank.
It has a rich, smooth taste, like a good cigar but with weed. Real energetic, do-something weed though. Creative thinking stuff.
And I am going to let her sisters go long because of it, to see if there's a more narcotic effect to add to the mix.
Those buds look perfect!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think sometimes the fuzzy photos actually show the ambers best if the light is right.

Most of those are tops, and not as ripe as the lower stuff.

The G13G is nothing but little foxtails, and has been from the start. Almost no flower petals to trim. They just keep putting out another pistil/calyx on top of the last one. Fun to watch really.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sacred Lotus
IMG_8860.JPG
The big one center-left is already showing signs of maturity on the first node of the limb. Looks like it might already be popping nuts. Stellar grower though. If I was breeding this would get a checkmark in the box regardless of sex. I need to go look with the loupe now, or get a better pic. IMG_8859.JPG
This one is now "Trinity" (like from the Matrix) maybe that'll force it to be a girl :)
IMG_8856.JPG
For the others the decision is easy - 4 tops. For this one I don't know yet 3 or 6.
Shoots look tiny for now, but they look relatively uniform. Might be 6
IMG_8857.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mainlining 101.2
Next is decision time on how you want to create the manifold (think engine exhaust and shaped pipes - how it got it's name)

Some methods bend over the two main shoots at a 90 degree or close, then you keep and train every shoot off the limbs until you get the number of tops you want. I have tried this, and the tops aren't as uniform. They gradually get bigger towards the ends. Nothing wrong with it, but it takes time.

Since the original idea was to evenly distribute the flow of nutes to both limbs, I just keep doing that. So I know that 4 tops is next. Everything above those 4 shoots will be gone, so it's just a waiting game until those shoots look like they can support the plant well.
IMG_8858.JPG
For plants that seem slow, I'll start plucking the tertiary shoots above those 4 keepers, since they are more suckers than providers. Leaving the fan leaves on to feed the 4.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Day 32 - one down and one clone gone.
View attachment 65216
Ha! I just noticed the blob of glue on the cut to the main stem! Do you do that to keep shit out of the stem, and to prevent issues with fluid pressure loss after cutting? I’ve never really found if either of those are real issues but, awhile back I started cinching a thin zip tie around the stem, nice and tight like a tourniquet, just below where I top them, and it’s probably all in my head but I swear they don’t stress at all when I top them this way.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Ha! I just noticed the blob of glue on the cut to the main stem! Do you do that to keep shit out of the stem, and to prevent issues with fluid pressure loss after cutting? I’ve never really found if either of those are real issues but, awhile back I started cinching a thin zip tie around the stem, nice and tight like a tourniquet, just below where I top them, and it’s probably all in my head but I swear they don’t stress at all when I top them this way.
I always try to top as gently as possible I don't even use scissors cuz I'd hate to stress the plant or slow it down in any way
Obviously it's not a huge factor