The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Exactly, my first "grows" we're just that, dirt from the garden in pots when the weather warmed I tossed them in native soil near a creek, dumped some peters 20/20/20 on them then reeped the rewards! Now it seems everything down to the soil temps on some strains has to be within a certain range or you play catch up, especially when using LEDs they can make your leaf temps, upped room temps up by 10 deg and things got lots better, what I have noticed after some loss of hair is rarely if ever was it both a cal/mag issue, for me it was always just a mag issue, a tablespoon of Epsom salt in a gallon of water an wow, when I first started back I used soil and honestly the simpler the mix the easier the grow, I struggled with getting a good super soil mix put together, but I far from an expert but believe not everyone breeding/selling seeds had stablized their genitics before selling them, just tossed some pollen and called it good, with no or not enough backcrossing etc, I have wasted some cash on some junk that's for sure.... finding good genetics has made life simple again and helped me look like a pro. Lol ..
I think you nailed it with the LED thing. Or any high intensity light for growing indoors. You are already fucking with nature as far as light on/off times, constant wind, etc. so any misstep is going to be amplified.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I think you nailed it with the LED thing. Or any high intensity light for growing indoors. You are already fucking with nature as far as light on/off times, constant wind, etc. so any misstep is going to be amplified.
Took me weeks to figure out a tiny blue led on the heater that lit up when it was on was causing me all sorts of heck! Then I had planters on the cold floor and I kept getting mag issues, those two simple mistakes caused me months of lost time lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Took me weeks to figure out a tiny blue led on the heater that lit up when it was on was causing me all sorts of heck! Then I had planters on the cold floor and I kept getting mag issues, those two simple mistakes caused me months of lost time lol
My closet has a 2x4 and plywood raised platform, and pond-liner with a 3" lip and folded corners so it's water tight. Front is open so I can just wipe everything off with a damp towel easy. I want to yank the carpet up and lay some flooring or tile, but haven't decided which, and it would be a hassle with all the grows.

For cold floors just get the hydrofarm trays and some "bucket grids" or something to raise the plants up. Good for drainage, and more air if you are in cloth pots

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
My closet has a 2x4 and plywood raised platform, and pond-liner with a 3" lip and folded corners so it's water tight. Front is open so I can just wipe everything off with a damp towel easy. I want to yank the carpet up and lay some flooring or tile, but haven't decided which, and it would be a hassle with all the grows.

For cold floors just get the hydrofarm trays and some "bucket grids" or something to raise the plants up. Good for drainage, and more air if you are in cloth pots
I made some raised platforms with wheels a few years ago so I can move them easily, I put large under the bed storage containers filled with perlite, I was using them as sips when I ran soil but these days I do hydro, I just got tired of fighting bugs with soils... I just suck out the trays once in awhile if warranted, I have a circulating dwc I want to try one day... But right now things are going smooth I hate to change (lazy lol)... I put some linoleum on my floors real easy clean up and dirt cheap, some day thinking tile when I remodel I need to add more insulation under floors for our -20deg F winters...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I made some raised platforms with wheels a few years ago so I can move them easily, I put large under the bed storage containers filled with perlite, I was using them as sips when I ran soil but these days I do hydro, I just got tired of fighting bugs with soils... I just suck out the trays once in awhile if warranted, I have a circulating dwc I want to try one day... But right now things are going smooth I hate to change (lazy lol)... I put some linoleum on my floors real easy clean up and dirt cheap, some day thinking tile when I remodel I need to add more insulation under floors for our -20deg F winters...
I have the plant caddy's as well, but the sub-floor is because they don't roll well on carpet.
IMG_8716.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Sacred Lotus is light again and growing like weeds. They'll get some attention this morning, maybe some pruning, but no topping yet.
IMG_8730.JPGIMG_8727.JPG
I've decided on manifolds, just to give me more time to get the tops sexed. and I am using the slowest one as the guide.
Trinity worked into a regular bifold, IMG_8728.JPG
And where to top is easy. There's a runty sprout before the switch, but three sturdy ones just below.
IMG_8729.JPG
When it's ready, they all get topped.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I have the plant caddy's as well, but the sub-floor is because they don't roll well on carpet.
View attachment 64545
Those pond liners are awesome though, sure makes clean up easy in between crops, I have some in a couple tents I use for cloning and veg.. Did have a case of carpet beetles then flea beetles when I first started growing my meds again, I didn't have carpet covered well, carpet beetles didn't affect plants but we're creepy little buggers flea beetles chewed holes in bigger leaves I was like alright time to pull the carpet.... Caddy's sure save the back, each one has the Scrog screen attached so they can move independent, roll them up for easy access to prune etc,,

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I just need enough stem in that last pic to jam into a horticube. If it's a girl it'll either be a 3-top or 6. Probably 3 since the others are growing faster and will get re-topped first.
Threatening to try a manifold, did Scrog, sog, Etc. but never manifold except when a light fell and broke the main stem lol, years ago a large branch fell on my gorilla grow, bent several plants over 90deg, it's how I figured out LST, no internet etc in them days...does it work better with any particular strain or if it's sativa or indica?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything got water today. The Hippie closet this morning before lights out, and the big tent and sacred lotus tonight.
I think this hippie looks better than the last one. Not bigger or anything, but the buds look tighter. This will be a 5-minute per limb trim when I harvest.
IMG_8736.JPG
In prep for the manifold I put the lotus on an assembly line. They each lost the seed-leaf and shoot, and the next set up.
The leaves are pretty well open on all the keeper-shoots, but I'd like to see them bigger before I remove all the other solar panels.
IMG_8732.JPG
IMG_8731.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Real simple "Manifold 101"
The red arrows are where I pruned.
Pick the best/lowest set of shoots to keep (green circle) and nothing else matters. Watch them.
The yellow line is where I'll eventually top.
Something I have done in the past is to top it at the red X first. Clean off the shoots, but keep the extra (larger) fan leaves.
IMG_8732.JPG
Since I am just cloning to determine sex, I don't think what I take off needs to be that big, just needs to root.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Real simple "Manifold 101"
The red arrows are where I pruned.
Pick the best/lowest set of shoots to keep (green circle) and nothing else matters. Watch them.
The yellow line is where I'll eventually top.
Something I have done in the past is to top it at the red X first. Clean off the shoots, but keep the extra (larger) fan leaves.
View attachment 64595
Since I am just cloning to determine sex, I don't think what I take off needs to be that big, just needs to root.
You peaked my interest, I have the next clones vegging, most are about the size of those in your photo, I alway have a few extra in case something happens to a couple, think I'll use your mainline 101 on them, never to old to learn something new.. Thanks

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You peaked my interest, I have the next clones vegging, most are about the size of those in your photo, I alway have a few extra in case something happens to a couple, think I'll use your mainline 101 on them, never to old to learn something new.. Thanks
For clones it will be a little different since you likely won't have the matched pairs of sprouts on a node. So topping to keep two and training them will look weird at first. the same with secondary or tertiary toppings for more sprouts.

You basically top for two, then each of those for two more, etc.

On seed plant it breaks the apical dominance (fat center cola, smaller everything else) and get's you an even spread of fat tops. On clones you don't really have that. But if you look back at how I did the HC flower clones, it's all about pruning the limbs until after flip so you keep to keep mainly tops.