The James Gang

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Early smoke report - I like it!
Real sharp kerosene smell - not much else for now. The larf ground up beautiful, slow burning in the bowl. Smooth for just-dry, and no grassy taste.
I am going to attempt to twist a fatty, but this stuff is resinous - might be better in a bowl :)

The Rainbow Man is going to be an easy grow. VERY expressive plants. No guessing when they need water.
This is last night just after feeding
View attachment 63901
And this morning
View attachment 63902
Doesn't show as well in the pics, but the leaves on the "bush" plant seem skinnier than those on the 4-top.
All the leaf blades are spindly compared to the other plant. Like it knows it needs to let light get down in there LOL
View attachment 63903View attachment 63904
They love to pray. Wait till she starts throwing colors

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hippie Crippler is just pretty to me. Real sharp colors even though they are just different shades of brown and green LOL
IMG_8688.JPG
Sacred Lotus got a teaspoon each of JumpStart scratched in, and about 500ppm of big-bloom and junk.
IMG_8686.JPG
Next watering or before I'll prune away the bottom node 3-toed leaves and shoots. Every time I have kept those shoots one of the two has been runty. IMG_8687.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I’ve only just started growing outdoors again the last few years after retiring the passion while the kids were growing up. One thing I’ve noticed is we never seemed to have as many growing issues with the old landrace strains a couple decades ago as what you see today with all the hybrid cross strains floating around .No argument the potency has improved out of sight but it seems some genetics can be very prone to issues even grown outdoors . Maybe I’m missing something?
I fully agree with you, at least the few strains I had in the 70s-80s and think of all the abuse I put skunk #1 thru while learning and she never did anything weird, I also took a break to raise my boys,, when I started back I had hermi issues etc. felt like a newbie again lol

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
I fully agree with you, at least the few strains I had in the 70s-80s and think of all the abuse I put skunk #1 thru while learning and she never did anything weird, I also took a break to raise my boys,, when I started back I had hermi issues etc. felt like a newbie again lol
Yeah I’m dazed and confused more so than normal when I’m trying to work out just what the fuck the plant is responding to ? Then you look up deficiency charts and a lot of the issues display similar plant reactions so it’s like yeah yellowing of the leaves could be 🤔 or it could be 🤪 or it could be 🖕🏻. It’s a lot of trial and error and experience I’m guessing . Seems gone are the days when you threw a seed into some shitty dirt , watered it and maybe threw some Chook shit on it and it did the rest . Seems knowadays the plant has become a bit precious and those hardy survive at all costs traits have been bred out ?

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Here's the DBB in a nutshell. Only thing I can figure was that it was an everything deficiency because she needed food.
I think the fan leaves have served whatever purpose they might have had, but this will look like a skeleton in a few.
All the new stuff looks good since being fed.
View attachment 63960
To be honest, I'm just tired of looking at them LOL I think it'll look like a whole new plant, maybe force some of the bud-leaves to pick up the slack
View attachment 63961
I switched nutes 5 week of flower and she ended looking just like this, eventually figured out it was ph issues (bad pen), ph was creeping up fast on the new nutes and locked out everything.... I was so glad when it finished,

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Yeah I’m dazed and confused more so than normal when I’m trying to work out just what the fuck the plant is responding to ? Then you look up deficiency charts and a lot of the issues display similar plant reactions so it’s like yeah yellowing of the leaves could be 🤔 or it could be 🤪 or it could be 🖕🏻. It’s a lot of trial and error and experience I’m guessing . Seems gone are the days when you threw a seed into some shitty dirt , watered it and maybe threw some Chook shit on it and it did the rest . Seems knowadays the plant has become a bit precious and those hardy survive at all costs traits have been bred out ?
Exactly, my first "grows" we're just that, dirt from the garden in pots when the weather warmed I tossed them in native soil near a creek, dumped some peters 20/20/20 on them then reeped the rewards! Now it seems everything down to the soil temps on some strains has to be within a certain range or you play catch up, especially when using LEDs they can make your leaf temps, upped room temps up by 10 deg and things got lots better, what I have noticed after some loss of hair is rarely if ever was it both a cal/mag issue, for me it was always just a mag issue, a tablespoon of Epsom salt in a gallon of water an wow, when I first started back I used soil and honestly the simpler the mix the easier the grow, I struggled with getting a good super soil mix put together, but I far from an expert but believe not everyone breeding/selling seeds had stablized their genitics before selling them, just tossed some pollen and called it good, with no or not enough backcrossing etc, I have wasted some cash on some junk that's for sure.... finding good genetics has made life simple again and helped me look like a pro. Lol ..