The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hippie Crippler update. Day three from chop, at about 45% of harvest weight. 330g to start, 142g now.
82g will be at 25%, then I'll look for it to stop losing weight. It usually settles out around 23% (76g for this) but I wait until it doesn't lose weight for about 12 hours before jarring.
A few times I have gotten it perfect, and it actually gained a little from the rH pack after jarring.
Original pic and todays to show what little shrinkage there has been. Much density.
IMG_8454.JPGIMG_8534.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sacred Lotus day 17. I took the dome off, and they have a few hours left until lights out. If they still look good later they move on. Introducing wind other than the exhaust sucking air through is next. IMG_8569.JPG
tripod is doing the runty-leaf thing on this node. I think it'll all depend on what happens when I top.
If the whorled stuff transfers to the secondary shoots, it's probably gonna be a dud. Not bad, but lots of little flowers if it's a girl is my guess.
IMG_8570.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Coty's started yellowing, cups were dry, first feeding. Looking for some growth explosion in the next few days.
I love when they get past babies and become plants :)
IMG_8576.JPG
And this tent got fed & soaked.
I took several pics, but it doesn't show up well. The difference between the two RM flower sizes is starting to show.
On the one with a bunch of limbs I pinched off most of the lower buds from the skinny stems. Definite larf with maybe half a dozen pistils total.
IMG_8588.JPG
G13 Genius...
IMG_8587.JPGIMG_8585.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Early smoke report - I like it!
Real sharp kerosene smell - not much else for now. The larf ground up beautiful, slow burning in the bowl. Smooth for just-dry, and no grassy taste.
I am going to attempt to twist a fatty, but this stuff is resinous - might be better in a bowl :)

The Rainbow Man is going to be an easy grow. VERY expressive plants. No guessing when they need water.
This is last night just after feeding
IMG_8588.JPG
And this morning
IMG_8602.JPG
Doesn't show as well in the pics, but the leaves on the "bush" plant seem skinnier than those on the 4-top.
All the leaf blades are spindly compared to the other plant. Like it knows it needs to let light get down in there LOL
IMG_8603.JPGIMG_8604.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After 6 hours under vacuum with a 62% pack I re-weighed everything. The tops together lost a total of .08g and the nugs gained .18g - so I think I nailed the dry on this one. Now it's just replacing the fresh air, not worrying about mold. .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the DBB in a nutshell. Only thing I can figure was that it was an everything deficiency because she needed food.
I think the fan leaves have served whatever purpose they might have had, but this will look like a skeleton in a few.
All the new stuff looks good since being fed.
IMG_8611.JPG
To be honest, I'm just tired of looking at them LOL I think it'll look like a whole new plant, maybe force some of the bud-leaves to pick up the slack
IMG_8613.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In other news, nothing else is pissed at me.
The Sacred Lotus loved the food, Triumvirate looks like it is going to be a novelty. I have room for cool stuff if it's a girl LOL
IMG_8610.JPG
A tale of two pruning's for the Rainbow Man. It'll be cool to see the final weight difference.
IMG_8621.JPG
G13 Genius
IMG_8616.JPG
Scamdemic
IMG_8619.JPG
and the BHP
IMG_8620.JPG
IMG_8615.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Weird - or cool or something...
I have a little vacuum container for marinating stuff. I use this if there's room for the 1st week after bucking, and I keep it under vacuum to open the pores and allow easier moisture exchange. IMG_8624.JPG
I weigh the tops and nugs separate since they dry at a different rate. When I first weighed it, the tops were 44g and the nugs were 34g. After a few days, the tops weigh 43g and the nugs 35g. Same total weight but it shifted LOL

I also finished my 4th can of blackberries and juiced it. Anyone need any? IMG_8622.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Update on the DBB. After I fed her and soaked her everything looks mostly normal. The fan-leaves were shot except one or two.
Looks like a new plant
IMG_8626.JPG
The flowers themselves look fine and super frosty
IMG_8627.JPG
And the runt Hippie Crippler is in that colorful stage with about 50/50 on the pistils. Racing the G13G to the finish. IMG_8633.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Sacred Lotus are drinking like fish. They have been getting ~200ml each every other day for the past week, and are light and ready for more in 48hrs. I gave them a decent soaking today, and soaking to run-off will be their new thing :) They've been getting 400-500ppm of big bloom and all the little micro-additives. HLG 135 on full blast, but high.
IMG_8637.JPG
I lowered the light yesterday to get them in the 20k lumen range, and as they grow they'll get more. IMG_8639.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Can I get in trouble for keeping Hippies in a closet?
IMG_8658.JPG
If you get a chance to run her or any of her crosses it might be worth your effort :)
IMG_8659.JPG
Soaked yesterday morning, mostly light this morning. trying to decide whether to just water next or repot.
I am leaning towards the re-pot so they have a little more 'new-dirt-food' to keep them busy for a few days.
By the time they are ready for the next watering they'll get the first top-feed.
IMG_8669.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All these got soaked this morning, and the Rainbow Man got a fat feeding. Chomping ppm like pac-man.
IMG_8661.JPG
G13 Genius - just - DAMN!
IMG_8663.JPG
She is getting a few random ambers already, so this will be a "when it looks done" chop. The trichs will be there.
The brown-to-white pistil ratio is changing fast compared to the HC runt that flipped the same day.
Almost 10 weeks since flip for those two.
IMG_8664.JPG
The Scamdemic is starting to brown
IMG_8662.JPG
And I don't know why I was worried about the BHP - she's taking her time and plumping some now - definitely gonna have those long pointy carrot-buds :) IMG_8667.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For the record, the G13 Genius is just a 4-top that I left some extra lower shoots on. No telling how fat or tall the tops would have gotten if I had pruned those away LOL