The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When a breeder has won 16 cannabis cups, Then in my opinion, its safe to say his seeds are worth the $$$. People like Leo Stone put in the time it takes to make a strain stable but still get a full range of expressions out of a single pack of seeds.
I've said it before about being a tester - the pay sucks but the benefits can't be beat :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I ran a set of bagseeds in small (2oz and less) cups to find an option I like. The 2oz cups hold enough soil so that when they get bigger you can wet them pretty good without harm because it still dries quick. My goal was to get them rooted in seed-starter soil, but then get them into soil with some food in it sooner.

I have time to check on them frequently, and I have no problem up-potting regularly. They also get individual attention. Lights go out in a bit so I checked them, and this one got a few sprays of water. A few more probably will when they come back on.
IMG_8337.JPG
If this doesn't work as well, I'll go with a mixed-soil larger cup next batch with the seed starter just in the top half. Or stick one of these cups in to make a hole, then fill the hole with seed-soil

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess I should quit being worried about plants getting too tall after vegging for 6 weeks ;) I still have a foot or so I could raise the lights.
IMG_8338.JPGIMG_8343.JPG
The Rainbow Man paused on the stretch after repotting and a good soaking, but still have no tops so there's time.
IMG_8339.JPG
Looks like a good room pairing.
IMG_8341.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The closet is dankness. I repotted the DBB, and I think I neglected her because she started yellowing on the bottom. I got her fed, put in a 3-gallon and soaked yesterday and she looks much better. The Hippie Crippler has a roasted coffee note to the dank, and the G13 Genius has less dank and more floral/cedar.
IMG_8350.JPG
More milk - less clear
IMG_8347.JPGIMG_8348.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These are the last two that I have growing that I have more of to grow later. The mystery plant and the BHP fem are both filling out, and staying tiny. I like the smaller plants when growing variety because you can fit more - but I think with the Sacred Lotus I will be pushing the veg window out a little more. I think I should pay more attention to actual growth rate during veg instead of just waiting for them to get a certain height (which has been about 12-18").

As it stands I'm guessing a few ounces from each plant. With a 30-day veg that seems to be about the average for me.
IMG_8344.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've heard that male plants are taller, but I've seen plants do the opposite. Out of curiosity I numbered these today. There are a definite 5 tall ones that might need support in the cup #1 of those 5 is the triploid. #6-11 are medium height, and #12 is tiny. Just want to see if any of that pans out later. IMG_8355.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sacred Lotus update Day 7. Propped a few yesterday, may do a few more. First set of true leaves is popping on most.
IMG_8361.JPG
Gave them each a couple of good sprays with a water bottle as well and look fine today, might do the same thing tonight or tomorrow.
Thinking about either day 14 or when the first true leaves are wide open to do the repot.
IMG_8362.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What I have found is that on the flash pics, the sparkly bits are the clear trichs.

Looking through the loupe says pretty much the same thing, almost no clear, but still very little amber.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well. I jumped the gun on the RM. 50/50 male female. Guess that @J.James isn't the Rainman LOL. one of the 4 tops and one of the shrubs each dropped nuts. Only day 12. I don't know what I saw that made me think girl, but I looked them over close and there were no pistils so not herm. Just stoner with old eyes.
IMG_8391.JPG
Actually kind of happy, because I have room now. I spread out the shrub and tightened up the 4-top, and took some more sprouts on both. there are 4 more long sprouts I'll probably take on the shrub. When the first Hippie Crippler harvests there will be another rearrangement, maybe shutting down the small tent and returning it to veg when the Lotus are ready.
IMG_8390.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Speaking of the Hippie Crippler. She got her last watering and could be harvested any day.
IMG_8384.JPG
Side-by-side with the former runt - which is looking like another plump monster.
IMG_8380.JPG
But I don't recall posting many pics of the runt lately - like a twin with her sister, but a few weeks younger.
IMG_8383.JPGIMG_8381.JPG
Can't wait to see the flower clones plump up. I may bump them up another pot size next watering and then see about rearranging.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I now know exactly where I am at with the other two RM. Not bad :) They were just repotted about a week ago after I thought they were girls :)
IMG_8397.JPG