The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got another HLG 260 to replace the two 135's in the big tent and free up the 135's for other uses. Might need them with all these likely girls now.
I should be able to fit six 5gal on the side and middle but that is jammed in and I don't like that too much :)
IMG_8191.JPG
I was going to pull everything out because it all was supposed to need water, up pot a few, etc. and rig the new light - the DBB was all that needed water so procrastination won out. I moved the DBB to the closet to free up enough room for everything for now. The 135's will probably be in a short-term flower tent once I up-pot stuff.
IMG_8189.JPG
G13 Genius :)
IMG_8190.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just noticed looking at the pics that the Rainbow Man is putting out some 11-blade leaves - and that the HLG lights already have them looking better.

And they still have every sprout on them since i topped. I'll probably take a round of lower shoots each watering until they start showing good tops. They'll probably end up flowering with more junk on them than I usually leave. I've been taught not to take too much at once.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got a killer deal on a light (HLG-260XL) from @J.James. This takes the place of two HLG-135's - same exact board output.
It's done nothing to change the environment in my tent except drop the temp a degree (one driver vs two, more heatsink) :)
IMG_8208.JPG
It pairs with the HLG-260XW in the closet
IMG_8209.JPG
And one 135 was immediately placed into service to make room.
On 12/12 for now with the flower clones, but this will be the veg tent until I get something better.
IMG_8216.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I grow the plants like bonsai - pruning and training and junk - I like to try different stuff just to see what happens. That's how I lucked into that little 4-extra-decent-tops thing with the BHP and Scamdemic.

The Rainbow Man get up-potted tonight and pruning and training started. Since I have 4 girls, I can guarantee you they will likely get pruned differently just to see what happens. Whichever one looks most promising will get that same look, but the rest will be whatever the plant says.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got into this on a different page, figured I might as well drop it here. I use the Fox Farms "Happy Frog" top feeds and you can see the results - only partially my doing, because I don't use it like they say, but like I have learned on here. I took this and adjusted it to my reality:
FFHF-e.JPG
Every other week was a repeat of the previous week, but lighter (less stuff) - gone. too confusing.
I don't do foliar feeding, but I use the Flower Kiss liquid (because I have it)
I use the Rhise Up (or other mycho's) at transplant, so it's not part of 'feeding'.
I started at exactly 25% of the liquid additives but then adjusted it to the next ml up to make it easier.
The dry feeds are ~1/3 of recommended but it's a teaspoon or so per gallon of soil. I use about that amount and get an even layer on the soil then rake it in.

So it went from this
FFHF-e.JPG
to this
FFHF2.JPG
The only "scheduled" feeding is the first one at about a month. I usually skip the veg feed and the flip feed is next a week or so later either just before or just after I flip. The first feed doesn't really pump those run-off numbers up like the next ones do.

After that it's based on run-off. When it drops, I look at the plant and decide where it is in flower and give it that.
I'll usually spread out the dry and liquid feedings by a watering.
I never dry feed at transplant so that's a good time for the full liquid mumbo-jumbo.
And I add the calmag, silica blast, and amino's every time I water. Having a little bit of ppm in there as a buffer helps make pH-ing the water easier.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
3 hours of messing with the plants - and I missed Tucker - now I have to stay up late :)

The little project was feeding the clones, and jamming the DBB in there. This is why I hate this tent - too damn skinny.
But for little seedlings it'll be fine.
IMG_8238.JPG
The Rainbow Girls got 5 gallon pots, some training, and the first round of pruning.
I probably tossed 50 long-stem viable clones. With more to follow.
I'm going to leave at least one like a shrub, but for now they lost the first node of shoots all the way around.
Each limb lost either one or two more upper shoots on the outside (that would be on the bottom when LST'd over).
I only trained them over as far as the pot-edge to save space (damn Scamdemic never did straighten up LOL) - I have height available.
IMG_8228.JPG
And since there will be lots of rearranging I stole my pot caddies from this closet. They don't move much. I kind of need more - but that's way down on my list. Taking the one from under the scamdemic leveled everything out in the tent until the RM get going.

These are on cruise control. I'll need to stake up the runt HC next watering.
IMG_8232.JPGIMG_8235.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
*cough cough*
Right now I'm wondering if I'll be harvesting Hippie Crippler or tomatoes and peppers first - gonna be close. Both are just turning LOL

And I am definitely pruning up the flower clones for just fat tops. The mom and the runt look to be beasts.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More pruning on the RM. They showed exactly no effect from yesterdays pruning so I said screw it and got them closer to the final product.
They are also stretching pretty good. I'll definitely be rotating plants when they get about a foot taller. BHP and Scamdemic in the closet with the DBB, and the remaining tall ones shifted to the tent. Hopefully I can chop the HC before I have to do the shuffle.
IMG_8244.JPG
Back center is the one I kept for a shrub. Already had a fairly even canopy below the tops.
IMG_8242.JPG
And the flower clones are non-stop. I took a bunch of shoots yesterday, and they grew 3-4" overnight, the 1 gallon pot 4-tops were dry after a day, so they got their 2 gallon pots.
IMG_8245.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think the one RM with the canopy will get extreme pruning on the 4 tops. Might take lower tertiary shoots off where I can to beef up the extra tops.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It has a nice orderly set of tops, but then the extra sprouts above that level will keep getting pruned away (red stars) as soon as they have a noticeable stem, until they get good flowers on the tops.
IMG_8242.JPG
If they stretch like mad, this might be the best of the bunch.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking at an easy initial fix I might do without raising lights and such.
BHP and Scamdemic can fit in the small tent, maybe the DBB too. Flower clones belong right beside the RM height-wise in the big tent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
DBB wouldn't fit, but these ladies have a nice home now with room to grow. The lower set of tops on the BHP is now just undergrowth.
IMG_8256.JPG
Rainbow Man on the sides, HC flower clones down the middle
IMG_8255.JPG
So the DBB is the oddball in here
IMG_8258.JPG
And since I'll be having three separate HC harvests, at least it looks like it won't suck. IMG_8260.JPGIMG_8261.JPG