The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For what it's worth, I just noticed that there's almost a full moon out and everything is ripening.

I wonder if I had flipped it a week later if they would have synced up to the next full moon?

I bet most of the plants in the other group will be next full moon - and they were two weeks later on the flip.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
For what it's worth, I just noticed that there's almost a full moon out and everything is ripening.

I wonder if I had flipped it a week later if they would have synced up to the next full moon?

I bet most of the plants in the other group will be next full moon - and they were two weeks later on the flip.
The "ol" lady is synced up with the full moon. Lucky for me, best days to fish too. lol
Your plants could sync up with the moon maybe.
If the plant is "cannabalizing" itself, she getting close to harvest.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I picked up a few pks of County Line Genetics offerings, and I really gotta say I was highly impressed by quality of the beans, I knew they would be good, but these are real good-
View attachment 55300
These are the G13 Genius fems, I got the ‘Outdoor Growers’ bulk pk.
View attachment 55301
Here’s the 4th Gear. Great quality!
I see 4 females out of the bottom 10 seeds in the 1st pic and I see at least 6 out of the 14 seeds total in the bottom pic. Hard to tell the 1st pile. They are too close together for me to see in that top pic.
Don't laugh, I can possibly get around 20% more females this way. It's hard to explain how I do it.

Opie1

Master Grower
I see 4 females out of the bottom 10 seeds in the 1st pic and I see at least 6 out of the 14 seeds total in the bottom pic. Hard to tell the 1st pile. They are too close together for me to see in that top pic.
Don't laugh, I can possibly get around 20% more females this way. It's hard to explain how I do it.
The top pile (pic) are fems, the bottom pic is a pile of regs. Not laughing, I sort through mine and pick out what I think are females too. I picked through several different strains (regs) and selected 18 beans to go with 6 other fems for the UGC. We’ll see how it turns out.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
The top pile (pic) are fems, the bottom pic is a pile of regs. Not laughing, I sort through mine and pick out what I think are females too. I picked through several different strains (regs) and selected 18 beans to go with 6 other fems for the UGC. We’ll see how it turns out.
The top shoots holes through my theory if they are fems. lol
I look at the "shape" of the shell. Fems tend to be more round.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I ran one-each from a bunch of packs of regs, I picked the "worst" looking seed. Less color, smaller, whatever. H was a herm, N was a no-pop.
Dropped two of the G13xHP- both girls. This isn't counting my tester-pack runs.
1586253246177.png

Why save the worst? If they didn't pop, I have better ones to run ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My humidity is real low, so my drying is quick, pretty much no matter what I do short of putting a humidifier in where I dry it.
Add to that growing tiny plants, and the Biscuit was already down to the 25%-ish weight.
I got it trimmed, but I am NOT doing it after drying again. It clogs the scissors quick.IMG_6689.JPG
By my math it should dry to about 46g, so I got it a little early. Instead of even attempting to jar it I put it on my dry-sift screen with the lid. It has enough airflow to let it keep drying, but will keep the dust off.
IMG_6692.JPG
And with that in mind I am watching the CS close because it was larfy. It'll dry a lot faster.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Question for you experienced growers:

Keep or cull?
IMG_6718.JPG
The front-left runt was dropped on the same day as the 5 big ones. It has not dried out, or had any issues other than whatever this bonsai/dwarfism thing is.
I soaked the pot a few days ago, and it is drinking like the rest.

Anyway, it's a beautiful little plant but shows no signs of getting started well. Anyone have this happen before?

Big Perm

Budtender
Question for you experienced growers:

Keep or cull?
View attachment 55574
The front-left runt was dropped on the same day as the 5 big ones. It has not dried out, or had any issues other than whatever this bonsai/dwarfism thing is.
I soaked the pot a few days ago, and it is drinking like the rest.

Anyway, it's a beautiful little plant but shows no signs of getting started well. Anyone have this happen before?
Depends on how you want to be selective.
Personally, I see that stuff as survival of the fittests, and I'd toss it for the real estate.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How to dry and cure in 40% humidity part deaux.
IMG_6721.JPG
Weighed it again this morning and it was at 48g. Guestimating that it should end up at 46g based on initial math it is close enough. Feels dry to the touch, dense though.

I put it in a quart with a 62% pack and vacuum seal the jar. My theory is that this opens the pores of the weed like it would for marinating chicken.
Both the fat tops and the larf will equalize at whatever the general rH is, and slowly cure.
I dump it out and re-weigh a few times a day until it stops losing weight.
The first time or two it may feel moist to the touch again. I let it air before re-jarring it.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
How to dry and cure in 40% humidity part deaux.
View attachment 55587
Weighed it again this morning and it was at 48g. Guestimating that it should end up at 46g based on initial math it is close enough. Feels dry to the touch, dense though.

I put it in a quart with a 62% pack and vacuum seal the jar. My theory is that this opens the pores of the weed like it would for marinating chicken.
Both the fat tops and the larf will equalize at whatever the general rH is, and slowly cure.
I dump it out and re-weigh a few times a day until it stops losing weight.
The first time or two it may feel moist to the touch again. I let it air before re-jarring it.
Looks really good!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not sure which plant will make the most trim hash. If it is all small volume like the plants I'll probably toss it in with the flowers to cure as well. Still don't need anything for edibles.

Waiting for a rainy day after the Blue Eyes chop then I'll play with the trim in the freezer.