The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The runt Hippie is actually moving now, the small G13 is not.
IMG_6392.JPG
As it happens, yesterday I fired up the heat mat for tomatoes and peppers. that nice little spot in the middle has another G13 seed in it now. IMG_6407.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I know what you mean about self control...i have to sell my cloner before its too late...lol.
Providing there's at least one female I'll have a large quantity of the Hippie Crippler. Doing clones and a second run just because.
Based on what I see so far, every pack of seeds I have is fire, with one possible exception (DCP).
So whether it's testers, those auction packs, whatever, if they're regs from now on I'm dropping the pack and growing enough to get tired of :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Tough call this morning, but having dropped one extra G13 Genius I am dropping another this morning and two BHP.
Seeing the Hippie Crippler pass them in days was enough. No more cubes unless cloning.

I'm going to dissect the slowest of each to see if I learn anything. the other two will chug along for a bit.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I checked the tiny G13 and it had on lone skinny taproot coming out of the cube keeping the plant alive. I suspect the others have a root or two more.

Definitely goes up as a fail. The other thing I tried with the seeds the holes were too deep. All 6 popped, but got hung up in the tube.

There's a way to make it work I'm sure. Skinnier cube, shallower hole, don't put in dirt until you see roots. I'm done playing with it.

If anyone that wants to try, I had 100% pop consistently. the method was just off.
Positioning dry seeds in them, then flooding the tray for 24hrs, then draining the excess worked great for germ. If you were doing a lot of seeds it could definitely be a thing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the verdict, and my best scientific explanation.
The horticubes setting on a hard surface retain water well.
In soil they act like a reverse sponge. ALL water was leeched into the soil and the cubes were dry.
Day one in soil probably started killing off all but the taproot. secondary rooting died probably day 2.
IMG_6409.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Blackwater x ???
BM.JPG
is racing the Blueberry Biscuit to the finish. Haven't checked trichs yet, but almost all the pistils are down and tight.
BB.JPG
And it's getting that silvery look from the milky's coming on. Won't be long. This and the Blue Eyes have rock hard nugs. Top to bottom.
BB.1.JPG