The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The bigger of the two G13HP has a triploid limb. three shoots and fans at every node. Hoping it's a girl. They are both 10 days from flip, and no puberty. Since learning that flipping too early can cause herms, I guess it's good they are taking their time to show.

I find running perpetual is the best. I might lose a strain along the way but i am on 3rd gen Dubstep...all of them beautiful and strong.
I did a few seeds...picked my favorite, took cuts and just keep those going.
So far (this harvest may change that) the 4th Gear is the only strain I'd want to mother. I love everything, but it has a cool buzz.

But this seed-tester thing is my gig. If I find something that is my style, @J.James will hook me up with another pack.

That said, I have yet to get a bad strain from him. If he keeps sending seeds and I keep dropping them - I'll take "Gimme that new fire" for $200 Alex" :cool:🤙

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This guy (house wren) reminds me to check on my plants before lights out every morning. He also fucks with my cat endlessly.
IMG_6326.JPG
And I had an arrangement epiphany: Moved the NB into the closet with the rest that are at the same stage. This is the planned space for my HC project.
IMG_6329.JPG
And the BHP/G13 will replace the harvested ones in here.
IMG_6333.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't know if this is factual or just anecdotal, but from what I have seen in my grows if a plant is male it's usually not this shy about showing it's balls. The G13HP were both 30 days at flip, no different from the rest of the hoard. Seems every male I have culled to date showed in a week or less.

The DCP is starting to stretch now, so the thinness no longer looks like anorexia.

The Blackwater and the Biscuit look to finish first. Not even looking at trichomes until the white pistils are gone. I'm letting these all go for some couch-lockiness.

No signs of foxtailing on anything - yet.

The tops on the two Blue Eyes look different. Shape and plumpness. Might be two phenos?

Probably one last feeding for the first flip. Since I finally got a whole room full of plants to this stage healthy I'm going to try and kill them :) Non organic PK boost coming . I have an assortment to choose from, but the Cha Ching (9-50-40) seems to do well.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I find running perpetual is the best. I might lose a strain along the way but i am on 3rd gen Dubstep...all of them beautiful and strong.
I did a few seeds...picked my favorite, took cuts and just keep those going.

That way i dont need a mom tent. They do take a while to get going but once it gets roilling a long timing is relative.

Your tents are looking GREAT !

I had to flick off 2 helmets from walter white. My new method which is working great, gently hold the staff and flick it like when you launch a peanut off your finger (PING}). If you catch it just right that cap goes PING! and flys off....2 for 2 :D your mileage may vary.

They were in pure coco from seed and those are so delicate you cant dick around with them much or they die.
Just had some trouble w helmets stck on . Have to try this method. Have a feeling I will be very gentle about it . Need to try something other than saturating

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@sfrigon1 Helmet heads are not that bad, just a pain. Depending on how careful you can be with tweezers squeeze the seed sides. Like you would open a sunflower seed. Don' try to crush it or yank it off, just hold it and squeeze gently. You cant hold THAT steady so it will pop off. :)

Just make sure it is moist. If the sack is still sticking to the leaves that causes issues.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
@sfrigon1 Helmet heads are not that bad, just a pain. Depending on how careful you can be with tweezers squeeze the seed sides. Like you would open a sunflower seed. Just make sure it is moist. If the sack is still sticking to the leaves that causes issues.
It's weird I've never had this issue before. Got some pretty old hb's ,wondering if age is a factor. They popped hella fast as well

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got up this morning and one HC was laying down. Soaked the soil around it and it perked back up.
IMG_6341.JPG
Really short compared to the others, and one is really tall. I am thinking these might be wild and finicky like I heard the MAC are.
IMG_6342.JPG
And the others are looking better every day.
IMG_6343.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Blues sisters got soaked and their last feeding. (middle and back two). The DCP got watered, and the 1st G13HP showed pistils and graduated to a three gallon. If the other is a girl she might go to a 2gal instead.
IMG_6346.JPG
Biscuit already getting an amber or two.
IMG_6348.JPG
Nice little candelabra under the top.
IMG_6349.JPG
The G13HP. I pruned the round of shoots (2 each limb) that are right below the green hooks. The set right above them will probably go too, I just don't take too much at once. That's probably about as far as I'll stretch them Just enough to keep light going down the middle.
IMG_6352.JPG
Tops getting plump
IMG_6351.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I should clarify - the "last feeding" is because I use the dry top-dressings. They should have the food they need while still bulking, but I'll watch ppm's on run-off for low numbers.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Know your mutation!
1584817361534.png
Whorled phyllotaxy
Phyllotaxy is the botanical term for the arrangement of leaves on a plant stem. The basic leaf arrangements are opposite and alternate (also known as spiral). In the case of opposite phyllotaxy, two leaves originate from the same position on the stem, while in alternate phyllotaxy each leaf originates from a unique point on the stem. Whorled phyllotaxy is an interesting variant where several leaves arise from the same point on the stem.

Young cannabis plants display opposite phyllotaxy, with alternate phyllotaxy becoming evident as the plant nears sexual maturity. Whorled phyllotaxy is a relatively common cannabis mutation, and causes three or more leaves to grow from each node rather than the usual two. Along with the extra leaf or leaves, an extra branch is also generated at each node, meaning that plants with whorled phyllotaxy often grow extra bushy!