The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They don't need food for about the first week, js. Surely you have a little something you can splash in the water. 2g Calcium Nitrate per gal would do wonders for your garden.
I mixed up a little big bloom in the starting water, but I think it got leached out. Not sure if the residue stays in the foam. I guess I meant that compared to soil where RO water in a spray bottle is fine, it's just more trouble to mix, then pH something.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
After using rockwool i am not a fan. I have topangas in coco and in rockwool and the rockwool is really behind in development.
They get moldy. They hold water too long. Bleh

I like watering every day and i love coco. The stuff works for me like a champ.

But i do like these rockwool things i got for clones because they are so easy to put on the clone without breaking it
grodan 1 inch plugs.jpg
Then i put them in coco..100% of the time. If i use a water system i just wash off the roots or put them in coco in the flood and drain :D

Soil is weird. Having to read plants for their needs...they need what i give them :D LOL (please girls i was kidding)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After using rockwool i am not a fan. I have topangas in coco and in rockwool and the rockwool is really behind in development.

But i do like these rockwool things i got for clones because they are so easy to put on the clone without breaking it
View attachment 53014
Then i put them in coco..100% of the time. If i use a water system i just wash off the roots or put them in coco in the flood and drain :D

Soil is weird. Having to read plants for their needs...they need what i give them :D LOL (please girls i was kidding)
I did that splitting the rapid-rooters open, then the little plastic trays to hold them back together around it. Those definitely won't work for seeds. :)

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado

View attachment 53014

Only thing I like about him is their ability to not drown the roots no matter how wet . Never really started seeds in em just clones.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I used them for seeds too. I like a long tap root put it in the middle in a tray. I can open and look at them. 4 for 4 so far
And for the big cube I think it is for clones. They are too ugly, it is a visceral betrayal lol red cup yellow floor

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I used them for seeds too. I like a long tap root put it in the middle in a tray. I can open and look at them. 4 for 4 so far
And for the big cube I think it is for clones. They are too ugly, it is a visceral betrayal lol red cup yellow floor
I cut some down into little round cylinders about an inch wide. I'm all about trying different things. I'm thinking about germing some more shit seeds and trying a few methods. I am pretty sure that I just rushed it.

I think thinner will be better, maybe shorter too. I just hate messing with helmet-heads, and these seem to be good at scrubbing the embryonic shit off the coty's before they pop up. The rapid rooters did too for the most part.

The loose soil just doesn't. So all I need really is something the roots can get through quicker, just because my intent is to get them into soil.

The soil part is because the starter soil has food stuff for seedlings that I don't have to mess with or mess up.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I left these outside all winter, using the onions, and the rest just covered with leaves. Had our last frost so I busted them back out. The thyme is killing it. The parsley was, but I think my woodchuck is done hibernating. The only herb he has messed with is the parsley and both looked the same yesterday. If I have any parsley seeds I am spreading all of them somewhere I don't mow.
IMG_6247.JPG

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I cut some down into little round cylinders about an inch wide. I'm all about trying different things. I'm thinking about germing some more shit seeds and trying a few methods. I am pretty sure that I just rushed it.

I think thinner will be better, maybe shorter too. I just hate messing with helmet-heads, and these seem to be good at scrubbing the embryonic shit off the coty's before they pop up. The rapid rooters did too for the most part.

The loose soil just doesn't. So all I need really is something the roots can get through quicker, just because my intent is to get them into soil.

The soil part is because the starter soil has food stuff for seedlings that I don't have to mess with or mess up.
I use half and half starter soil myself when they are in there 1 gal and that usually feeds them a few weeks then I amend once before flip . It's def so I don't screw up and it's been working lol. Ya the BBC x g13 are in it right now

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I use half and half starter soil myself when they are in there 1 gal and that usually feeds them a few weeks then I amend once before flip . It's def so I don't screw up and it's been working lol. Ya the BBC x g13 are in it right now
I've never had issues with the soil itself. The plants seem to like it. I just have to mess with baby plants with tweezers and stuff more often than not.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The big-top
IMG_6253.JPG
You san see theres a little more stretch to the three taller ones in the rear. The two Blue Eyes in the back and the BB in the middle. The CS and BM in front
are already filled in. IMG_6265.JPG
Here's some plants I didn't pic yesterday. The Blackwater x ??? is a 5-top, and all are getting plump.
IMG_6254.JPG
The two Blue Eyes from @J.James
IMG_6260.JPGIMG_6261.JPG
And the Frosted Blueberry Biscuit :)
IMG_6263.JPG
IMG_6259.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Day 18 into flip, and the DCP is still ugly, up-potting did nothing. I was tempted to mess with it but the lights clicked off. She's getting amputated tonight so she takes up less room, and baby will stay in the corner. I want to get a taste, so this might be a time to try that single main cola thing (or close) on a plant.
IMG_6268.JPG
Other than that the closet is rocking. It has a general dank sweetness, but no defined smells really
IMG_6267.JPG
This closet and the Nigerian Bubblegum are about the same in maturity, So I might end up propping her on a bucket in here if/when I need room. The HAOG Skunky VA looks more promising with the lights out. The leaf-to-calyx ratio looks more leafy up top, but if they all plump up it should be good.
IMG_6269.JPG
And these are slow. Might be going back to soil - decision soon because I am dropping the Hippie Crippler soon. Been bugging the hell out of @J.James and figuring out calendar stuff with what I have growing already, and I think enough stuff will be cleared out before I need tent room.
IMG_6270.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Todays smoke is some Paradise Diesel, so here's a half-ass smoke report. This smells like weed and get's you high :cool: 🤙
IMG_6274.JPG
A little more in depth, it's a full-body high, but no couch lock. This is good 'getting stuff done' weed. Wake'n'bake stuff.