The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well, I reminded myself why I don't need beer. I picked up a 1 od Oktoberfest out of habit and didn't even open it until Christmas and usually had part of one occasionally when cooking with the rest. I had three working in the garden then felt like shit after. I had garden stuff to do but said fuck it. I'll take the needed nap then when I get up I tend plants.

So about 2am I'm making coffee and re-mounting drivers to move lights and then water evrything before the lights go out. The yellowing bar light from the 4x4 flower tent is gonna be great for veg. The light move was prompted because I flipped the regs but needed a veg tent for the Chemdog and Bombthreat. I fired up the clone tent 100w to keep them in while I sexed the others and the Dog did NOT like it. She drooped out like she was dry but wasn't. She's perking up a little. Both get new pots tonight and the BombBubba gets flipped.
IMG_8741.JPG
15 out of 20, with the older ones being the worst, but I saved both Dogma
IMG_8742.JPG
The two Headline and the Mutt are looking stellar, the Cherrywest is a fucking loser.
IMG_8743.JPG
These are the ones still being sexed. One definite girl, but she barely has a pistil, just the pointy nubs instead of balls.
IMG_8744.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Chunks hit 10 weeks Monday and the purple/black one gave up the ghost. Beautiful and milky and I was tempted to harvest a few times. I got a turkey-button though so she's done.
IMG_8750.JPG
The new closet lineup has the tallest from the 4x4 added on a shelf, no shelf for the Chunk because she's almost done. I may have to supercrop the Flamethrower on the left if she keeps going. Break her down like a shotgun. I have the light down to 60% is the main reason I bothered with a shelf.
IMG_8762.JPG
The Boogie tent smells like raspberry. The JDSkunk may take it over later or the Dirty Taxi but I doubt it. The remaining Chunk in here is getting close too.
IMG_8776.JPG
Then the puffball tent
IMG_8756.JPG
Now we do nap 2 until it's warm enough outside to garden LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Garden planning notes.

I have until the end of February to plant peas, then all the other early crops are in March. Beets and such. I think those will be great worm food for cannabis. That's also when I plan to start cover crops that are mainly things like legumes and root veggies.

I pulled out the string and line levels and I'll need to move a ton of soil to have one level garden, and the retaining wall needed would be about a foot higher. Since I am wanting it to be tall enough to contain a decent amount of mulch I am doing two levels of pots. I have some sturdy injection molded 5g pots but they aren't tall enough for the near part - unless I have a solid fence of plastic pots at the bottom. Fill them then level the soil behind them, then the cloth pots on top of that level. Set back so I can plant in both levels of pots.

That's probably plan "C" though and I haven't started backfilling soil yet. I ain't mooving all that shit three or four more times because it wasn't right. It's at least gonna last this season, and should be easily replacable next year pot by pot leaving room to work on a different retaining wall if needed. But the soil in the main garden will be set and I'll just be fucking with this edge.
IMG_8788.JPG
Depending on how much soil is left (if any) after filling those pots and levelling behind them, plan "D" is to have just the plastic pots and a few taller cloth pots at the end on this level, then so another row of cloth pots and another terrace far enough back that I have room for those clothes-drying racks for the tomatoes. The pots may also be a safe place to do some carrots or potatoes without the chipmunks getting them.

I got a selection of wire-mesh sacks to put the transplanted tomatoes and peppers into that should keep the main rootballs safe from passing underground traffic.

I have about 30g of fruit wood chips in a 60g cloth pot to age and a 2x2 raised bed full of some shit invasive shrub I have in the forest, There *was* a huge one by the garden. And the motherfucker will grow back unless I excavate it. But it's a nice windbreak by the garden, and it's lots of skinny straight branches that chip easy so I may keep it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Have you considered bucking the logs little by little and stand them upright for the bottom of the wall?
I considered that, and just stacking them lengthwise but since it's a retaining wall and it'll rot that would also be temporary, but harder to replace.

The main thing I want to do is find out how much of a wall I actually need, since it's a lot taller on one end. Something out of rock or block or brick is the eventual solution.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The next flower batch is settled. I have 2 Potion D'Amour, 2 Catpiss Kush, and a Comet Fuel all with girly parts. I soaked them good and I'll up pot net watering and get them into flower tents.

I had to pull the Flamethrower and the BJC off the caddies to give them a few more inches clearance. As soon as the FT starts obviously stacking instead of stretching I am gonna supercrop. I want it to be one-and-done and not have to fuck with them twice. I have the light at 60%. I stuck the almost-done Chunk in there for a lower light finish.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have one Chunk left. Full moon is on the 24th and she's leaning towards that for harvest. This was the second tallest Chunk. And it's on a foot-tall stand :rolleyes: The tall plants are just stoopid.
IMG_8860.JPG
I got the 5 new 707 plants up-potted. They're with the Top Dawgs
IMG_8851.JPG
I have the mid-to-late flowers all jammed together Gonna be a wide variety!
IMG_8854.JPG
On the purplest of the two purple Raspberry Boogies I have pink trichomes, including the heads
IMG_8857.JPG
Zoomed in on the left side
IMG_8857.1.JPG

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I have one Chunk left. Full moon is on the 24th and she's leaning towards that for harvest. This was the second tallest Chunk. And it's on a foot-tall stand :rolleyes: The tall plants are just stoopid.
View attachment 135497
I got the 5 new 707 plants up-potted. They're with the Top Dawgs
View attachment 135494
I have the mid-to-late flowers all jammed together Gonna be a wide variety!
View attachment 135495
On the purplest of the two purple Raspberry Boogies I have pink trichomes, including the heads
View attachment 135496
Zoomed in on the left side
View attachment 135498
Shes got her mommas looks, hopefully she delivers the berries and fuel.
Oooweeee, I'm definitely backcrossing the #6.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's fun to have pretty or wierd plants in flower, but it's all about the smoke for me. Freakshow is fun to grow and see what it does, but it's mostly mids. It had a decent aroma and flavor but very little potency. And when I dump the bowl in the ashtray they all look the same :cool:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is veg now. The two in back are the Chem91 (L) and the Bombthreat HP13 (R) They both got rootbound and the Bomb went sideways. The Dog drooped a bit but then was fine. The Chem91 is getting cloned, the Bomb is just vegging longer to get some flower out of a short plant. I also wanted to see healthy new growth. I am just flipping it in that 3g since I can always re-pot from that if needed. I'll make room tonight. If it leans Bubba it's gonna have zero stretch. I think some of them get shorter LOL

I could clone the Chem91 top but there's not much limb growth. :unsure: I may go ahead and try getting the top rooted while waiting for the limbs to grow out. I have the 3x3 empty now except for the tomato plants in the Chunkadunk pot 😂. The mini tent is rigged for a heat mat and dome. It's time to start the cloning.

The two Headline and the Muttzarella in the 1/2g pots are vegging until I can clone something as well.

All the seedlings will be getting flipped at 4 weeks and only flower clones taken when they show. I have to have the cloning 'system' clicking by then. It's 15 plants, but the 4 Trinity are probably dudes. Even if half are girls it's 7-8 which is a good tent full.

I have a known hard frost this weekend, then the sweet potato is going outside, she'll be wanting to root into the aloe pot shortly.
IMG_8870.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think my meds will be well settled after I get through this lot, so I'll be hunting more stuff I generally don't go for but is probably fire. There's more 707 fruity/candy crosses I haven't dropped yet or haven'd gotten a chick, and that Frosty MACFish that I just got 2 dudes from. I have some Blackbird with pineapple, and White Widow, and the Jinx watermelon that I also got dudes from.

And I already have plant tags made up for those I previously dropped :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Shes got her mommas looks, hopefully she delivers the berries and fuel.
Oooweeee, I'm definitely backcrossing the #6.
I just noticed that they are past 8 weeks. They hit 9 on the 27th. Did you do any inside to know how long they might take? I'm thinking those few white pistils I'm still seeing might be camoflage :cool: If I count those pink trichs as ambers that one is super done. But I also think I saw some actual amber so who knows. I might have to judge all three on the green one. All three have great smells and are pretty loud but only one is like actual raspberries. One has a sweet jerky smell to it.

Looking like the full moon on the 24th is gonna thin the herd a bit. The JD Skunk and the Dirty Taxi flipped with them, and the Skunk might be done too.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I just noticed that they are past 8 weeks. They hit 9 on the 27th. Did you do any inside to know how long they might take? I'm thinking those few white pistils I'm still seeing might be camoflage :cool: If I count those pink trichs as ambers that one is super done. But I also think I saw some actual amber so who knows. I might have to judge all three on the green one. All three have great smells and are pretty loud but only one is like actual raspberries. One has a sweet jerky smell to it.

Looking like the full moon on the 24th is gonna thin the herd a bit. The JD Skunk and the Dirty Taxi flipped with them, and the Skunk might be done too.
Nope, all outdoor between 63 and 71 days. Last year being the longest. Hopefully one of them delivers something enjoyable.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Full moon tomorrow is also watering day, so I'm gonna make the call on a few plants after louping them during watering. Since it's dry here I'll water right before harvest then take them before lights on the next evening (optimally). The contenders for chop are the JD Skunk and Dirty Taxi. The Skunk looks more finished from a distance but in macro it looked like a lot of clear.
IMG_8876.JPG
Both are "test" plants to see what might be in the rest of the pack. The DT is the back left. It has lots of new pistils but also looks like it will keep putting out new ones forever. I noticed the weight drooping the lower limbs last watering and snagged this tonight.
IMG_8882.JPG
The jungle only has the three RB's to check, but I think the pink trichomes just are, and are not a sign of ripeness. Might as well see where it goes.
I have the super-purple and the green on the extremes but the other one might be a good early harvest check.
IMG_8885.JPG
I haven't louped the lowers on the purple one to see if it's the same, but every flower is purple so it likely is.
IMG_8890.JPG
Last, I flipped the Bomb and unless it starts stretching I think the 3g will suffice. It's on a 2' tall shelf, but I think the lower light I have the WNBA under will be good for it. I was gonna put a tall one from the 4x4 to put in here but I want them to get more light.
IMG_8875.JPG

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I forgot to ad the pic in the right place, but that nug is off the skunk and has no white pistils, but also no ambers I can see.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have been thinking about the two supermodels I have pushing 5' tall and I know that the 5g of soil likely won't take them through a long flower.

One Idea was to sacrifice the pots and get the plants into bigger pots just slicing up the old ones. Way too much chance of fucking up the whole tree trying to make it better.

Two was to just top the main cola and sacrifice them now. with"X" number of limbs and no stretchy main cola the pots would be fine. If it's tall and long flowering I think haze, and something I wouldn't want a lot of anyway. But that would suck so bad to look at during that entire long flower. I vegged a few too long as a newb and had to do that and it was a hot mess.

Three, and the one I am considering most since it take the least effort and damage to the roots is to cut up a plastic pot and make an extension to add more volume vertically. if I scuff the stem that will be covered then doctor it with rooting gel or aloe before I add the soil it will be like taking a clone and I sould get more roots to attack more soil without stem rot the only real concern. Treating it like a clone then adding the soil should remedy that. I'm thinking that a 5g pot with no bottom and slit up the side to get it around the trunk should do well. I have a 5g living soil pot that the seam came loose on I could try with one, then the plastic on the other.

Main thing is that with me vegging everything a month, this isn't the last time I'll get the stretchers I wasn't prepared for. Having an easy solution is key to not stressing over shit.