The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i've been making a few mods to my bucket cloner got a new timer to handle the short water times between longer dry time!
since I am taking clones for preservation and not for production I only need one to root. I'll probably take the top and the lowest two or four limbs on a plant I want a mom of. I'll flower out the seed plant as soon as I see roots, and if all the clones make it to pots I'll keep the best as a mom and flower the rest.

But I am only doing this for known fire that fits into my "medicine" category.
Chem91,
CLHP if I can ever get another one,
Headline is the 707 Headband x Texas Shoreline. This smoke is very close to the CLHP in all respects.

That's it for now.
I'm hoping the Headlights is as awesome. It's the NL5 Haze with the 707 Headband also from Skunktek. I don't like the hazes so much, but if the NL5 and the Headband kill that nervous-weed thing I get off the hazes it has potential for being an all day weed. I also have a Kush from Freeborn that is crossed with that same 707 Headband. If it's that Headband that rocks me, then I have a herd of feminized beans to root through, keeping a mom, then checking the next to see if she's an upgrade.

But there's a chance that it's the TX Shoreline side of the cross that I am a fan of. In that case . I have about 20 beans left after the one in flower and the two in veg to find another good one. I think there'll be lots.

I also have the CLHP crossed to some 'chemdawg' :rolleyes: that I snagged off dagga. I'll flower clone any girls in case I get some that are like CLHP and not a half-ass chem. But for everything else I really just like the variety I get from seed. I don't want any more than a 3x3 for a mom tent with a few comfortable happy mommys in there.

I have only found a few that I miss when they are gone. But all of those so far have been fems which is wierd, and all have been great for me regardless of if one looked or smelled a little different from it's sister.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I broke down and got a new AC Infinity 4x4 light. I was gonna get the bar light model but the flat ION-Board was cheaper, and the ones I already have work great. The bar light was just starting to look yellow compared to the rest. I think it's gonna be the new veg light and beef up that tent. Upgrades all around. Like Oprah was here. The light is on 60% and the plants were praying hard by this morning so no complaints.
IMG_8608.JPG
Then there's the things you can learn reading the instructions. I was today years old when I knew you could hang the light directly from a spreader bar on the tent. I got another foot of height in the tent. The other tent has a 3x3 size light in a larger tent, so I think having it on strings is better.
1707652713053.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I flipped all the regs in my veg tent. I fired up the 100w 3x3 for the Chemdog and the Bombthreat to stay in veg. One to get clones from and one just to get bigger before flip. I may top the Bubba and go for 4 or 6 tops. I'll be getting a new herd of seeds wet too. Still kicking around stuff in my head on what approach to take with the Trinity x 707 OG that are supposed to be male heavy. I am leaning towards 5 and see if 20% girls is possible. Then I can drop some other stuff too.

Bobby Legit

What smells like a skunk, Dad?
I been keeping an eye on leds for when mine inevitably putz out. AC Infinity is one on my 'possible' list. Seems to check a lot of boxes.

How long have you run them?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just got 20 beans wet. I did 5 each of the CLHP x CSR, Trinity x 707 OG Kush, Xmas Bud, and Dogma.

The Dogma are Trinity x Chem, and are my last 5.
The Trinity x OG are supposed to be a lot of males so not really counting on one from them.
The CLHP x Chemdawg Special Reserve hopefully has a girl leaning CLHP

I'l be cloning any girls from them after they show. The Xmas Bud is just to see if I like it.

I'll be whittling down the current regs as they show, and probably chopping chunkadunks as I stick new girls in. 3 of the 4 are getting very close.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I been keeping an eye on leds for when mine inevitably putz out. AC Infinity is one on my 'possible' list. Seems to check a lot of boxes.

How long have you run them?
I started with the 100w for the clone tent. Then I got a 3x3 version last year sometime. I got another 3x3 maybe 6mo ago, and now the 4x4.

The customer service on the fans made me pull the trigger on what light to get

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This was a do nothing night so I just looked at everything. I took two fan leaves off the Flamethrower and it smells just like oranges. I rubbed the leaf stems and my fingers smelled like orange peel for a bit.

The Flashback '68 has varriegation all over. Perfectly healthy but with splotches, and some that really get a curl if it's just on one side of the blade.
IMG_8629.JPG

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Trinity lineup has my attention. BACK in the old days that was the first craft bud we'd gotten out of Washington that wasn't Canadian beasters. The first ⁰bud not the smell like npk gh hydro piss.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Trinity lineup has my attention. BACK in the old days that was the first craft bud we'd gotten out of Washington that wasn't Canadian beasters. The first ⁰bud not the smell like npk gh hydro piss.
My understanding is that the original Trinity was another Skunk1 selection, like the Cali-O, BC Lemon Skunk, and the UK Cheese - among others.
I have seen Trinity seeds I have bought or would buy from three breeders, andd they all run in the same circles. Caleb from CSI obviously has the cut and subsequent crosses. I got the T-Star from Top Dawg which is the Trinity and JJ's version of a male Chemdog, then Shawn from 707 has the cut. I got the Dogma from him which was with HIS version of a Chemdog male, but when I went to get a second pack they were gone :oops:. That's when I found JJ's cross and snagged a few packs. Both top notch.

707 only has it now in bulk packs in a few crosses. $100 for 100 beans. I got 112. I emailed him for info and he said the Dogma was the only one that had a decent m/f ratio and he could put in packs. The ones in bulk had too many males in the test run so if he put them in packs he'd have to deal with a lot of replacement bullshit. Every girl he got was top notch, but it just wasn't worth the headache. With the bulk seeds it's a dollar a bean. If you want to bitch about not getting enough girls from a sack of dollar beans then party on Garth - shop elsewhere. Here's the one I got, and he also has the Kush Cleaner crossed to it. I have toooooo many KC crosses so I got the other option. I am sure both are killer. And there was no wierd shit with paying invoices. you can use a debit card on the site just like it was tomato seeds. No delay in turnaround waiting on some dude to check an e-mail, then send you an invoice, etc. I got a free pack of beans but he doesn't load you up on freebies like some.

Trinity x 707 OG Kush (707seedbank.com)

I'm gonna try and keep one or two as moms, but with the volume of regs I'll have to drop I'll just be snagging flower clones. If you get them right as they show the first pre-flower the reveg doesn't seem to be as harsh.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a cement mixer full of reamended soil that's been resting and staying moist. But I haven't sifted the roots out yet. I like waiting until the net round of up-pots is starting so as much of the root mass can break down as possible. This should be enough to do 4-5 males out of the 9 I flipped.

I also have the Chem91 that needs a mom-pot while I wait for clones, and the Bombthreat HP13 can just get flipped. I stuck both in the 3x3 with the 100w to get a little more stretch maybe and also stuck the big seedling dome in there.

I have three 7g pots still as harvested with the cannabis rootball still in tact, one from the Chunkadunk and two that had lettuce and stuff growing in them after last harvest.

Next will be 4 more Chunkadunk, and 2 of the Raspberry Boogie look to finish before the others. Most of that tent is turning now.

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Thanks for the link. I understand his logic. That happened on my vinsanto seedrun 80% males. Im gonna tryand reverse my clhp and get some in the freezer.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thanks for the link. I understand his logic. That happened on my vinsanto seedrun 80% males. Im gonna tryand reverse my clhp and get some in the freezer.
I am down to 2 unopened packs and a half pack and have gotten nothing but duds. I just bought that cross from dagga to see if I can find something close. If you have it going don't lose it! Share the cut! Not with me, but with someone, or make more beans, or both. No matter what seed I popped it was amazing, even though there were slight variations the high was always exactly what you needed at the time.

If you get the S1's out of it I'll buy a pack or three ;)

If you get a chance to buy any, the Headline from Skunktek is the closest I have found to it. I have done several variations of different headband crosses so I am pretty sure that anything with the TX Shoreline is what to look for if you can't find that.

I want to know the technical breakdown of the terp/cannabinoid profile to know what it is that I love so much LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Watering night, but I checked for trichs and balls first. Harvested the tiny cookie leaning Chunkadunk, and lost a Comet Fuel to dude-ism. I already have a Forbidden Fruit girl though, so that's good.

Those sachets are part of my new years resolution. I got praying mantis cocoons from Natures Good Guys last year and it was cool to watch. I decided that I needed to insert known beneficial bugs into the system. I got the indoor garden pack and there was way too much, even for all the plants I have. I watered in the trifects of good nematodes, and got the sachets of two different mites.

Here's the cool part. I set up an account, and the lacewing eggs that were supposed to come with it were held on to so I can release them in the outdoor garden when I buy those bugs in spring. I also got the pirate bugs, and I'm gonna snag a jar of rove beetles soon.

I think having the cover crops and the thick mulch I should be able to re-use the rice hulls and transfer some of the stuff to the new plants. I see that soil/mulch layer asbeing where they hang out.

Someone in the garden thread mentioned bringing clay into the indoor soil and if I have an established food chain of life in my soil I don't think there would be much issues bringing in small quantities of stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
no more heat mats for seedlings. The three I really cared about popped, that's then Muttzarella hidden. But I had duds galore, and two Cherrywest that just popped out of the shell and stopped. I repositioned them and both are still green, one has new growth. But this is a known short strain so I likely won't keep a runty-small plant. The three are fems and will veg until clone-able.
IMG_8707.JPG
The Sunset Sherbet back right should be next to go - super tall - gotta be a dude. Next to it are the two Frosty MACFish and both have a real short lower canopy then a long neck to the top. The middle one has fantastic undergrowth so I am hoping it's the girl.
IMG_8706.JPG
This is the rig to drop 20. the light keeps it plenty warm enough andd the coolest it can get is room temp. Heat mats are for clones. 15 of these flip as soon as it seems feasable, with the goal of snagging a few flower clones, then smoke the mom(s) to find a keeper. The Xmas bud is just for smoke though, until I see if I like the profile. I have more, and I know where to get more, so I am not stressing keeping a mom this batch.

I already know the Trinity is my jam, so I'll probably end up keeping a lot of moms at first. The Dogma is gone so I'll keep the girls and decide on which Chem cross to keep. When I get around to dropping the T-Star from JJ it will be in competition for that trinity/chem slot.

The Trinity x OG is an unknown. I will be keeping any girls I find and then if there's a keeper grow the rest looking for upgrades.
If I get one girl out of 5, 20% ain't bad. If it's a sausage fest I drop 10. I might even start dropping them at 12/12, then revegging the whole plant for a girl if the ratio is real bad. I'll have the Trinity x Chem selection to keep me company while I figger it out.
IMG_8709.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For moms I am looking at it as filling slots, And I may have several clones holding spots (lower, lower, top) from each fem, or from each girly-reg ID'd after flip. The flower clones are almost a must with the volume of regs I will be running through.
Spaced nicely (not crowded) in the Oasis cubes I can fit 4-5 rows of 3 in each 1020 tray. 15 clones per tray and only needing to pot one out of three.

Chem91
Headline
These two are a given, but I will be doing them as a rotation too since I have more beans. I may end up with a mom-check bean in each drop for one of my keepers if I still have beans left. All about the upgrades, and I can flower out any that root that I am not keeping, so I get to see if the clone smoke is as good as the seed. But I can dedicate a whole dome to getting those going and still have plenty of room.

CLHP [Or select cross]
Trinity x Chem [Dogma and/or T-Star]
Trinity OG - still a maybe but holding slots while I figure it out.

The Trinity may just end up filling one slot, but if the OG cross is different enough I'll keep one of each. The Dogma and T-Star all smoked the same on the initial runs that made my buy more so that one will probablyh go down to ease of rooting or better structure or something.

But I am missing the sweetness. I am hoping that Raspberry Booogie fills the slot because I know where to get a bunch if needed. I have really liked the fermented leaning fruity strains. But the candy/fruity strains always taste like burnt sugar to me and the high just isn't all that. Or if it is it doesn't last for shit. Based on the description the Forbidden Fruit might be that plant. But I don't want a candy store/farmers market of that stuff to manage.

I'd like one day-time smoke that is a haze leaner without the nervous. Maybe it's the Headlights which would be convenient. But that's about it. I have some CBH crosses, but gave away all the ones crossed with other hazes. Crossed with a broadleaf might be something I enjoy. The odd thing is that (so far) even the Freeborn weed I have enjoyed, but it wasn't all that. His stuff might be where I find that daytime smoke, but so far there's been nothing that made my mouth water and the jars go empty.

Everything else I am growing for "that other smoke". the new stuff that keeps the old stuff fresh. I have tons of 707 stuff that I have loved but when it was gone I just checked the box that I got to try it, and I'll grow more. Nothing bad to say about it, I got high, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't medicine. The Dogma, and hopefully another Trinity offering, but the rest is just great smoke. Damn it's gone, oh well.

When I have 5 Chunkadunk to smoke and the first, early one rocks me pretty good; the others are gonna at least keep me out of the "keeper" weed for a lot of the time. Then there's the next harvest, etc. But right now I need to bulk up the medicine chest so the current Headline is all flower and on a high chair to eat the best light.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have been working on a few theories about weed like why purple plants don't ever seem as potent as green ones. I think it has to do with loss of chlorophyll as it purples and less ability to photosynthesize when they get old and purple. Bro-sci idea I can't even test.

Another one is why you don't need to pH water for living soil but it can be catastrophic in DWC if you are not precise.
I wish I saved the podcast, but I have a feeling it was Matt Powers discussing how microbes actually feed the plant. The short version is that the root exudates actually strips the microbe of all the calcium it brought, then recodes the DNA to send it back out on it's next mission to get some molybdenum, or boron, or whatever. The same microbes are being reprogrammed and recycled, and the more "living" your soil is the better the plants can do it.

In a bottled nute recipe system you are providing (supposedly) all the plant needs, but it's already chelated so microbes are not necessary for the intraveinous absorption by the roots. That's a whole issue by itself, and why bottle growers feel such success when they pull off a good harvest. But the reason it is imperative is that different nutes are available to the plant at different pHs. You as the chemist are prescribing what the plant can eat, and trusting that the bottle has it, and that every plant wants the same thing at the same time.

But if the roots are recoding microbes to get the next need, they are likely using pH as a factor in in that re-coding, making sure the microbe has the ability to attach an element that requires a certain pH. So as long as the water you are adding is not super basic or acidic, the roots do the rest.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have been working on a few theories about weed like why purple plants don't ever seem as potent as green ones. I think it has to do with loss of chlorophyll as it purples and less ability to photosynthesize when they get old and purple. Bro-sci idea I can't even test.

Another one is why you don't need to pH water for living soil but it can be catastrophic in DWC if you are not precise.
I wish I saved the podcast, but I have a feeling it was Matt Powers discussing how microbes actually feed the plant. The short version is that the root exudates actually strips the microbe of all the calcium it brought, then recodes the DNA to send it back out on it's next mission to get some molybdenum, or boron, or whatever. The same microbes are being reprogrammed and recycled, and the more "living" your soil is the better the plants can do it.

In a bottled nute recipe system you are providing (supposedly) all the plant needs, but it's already chelated so microbes are not necessary for the intraveinous absorption by the roots. That's a whole issue by itself, and why bottle growers feel such success when they pull off a good harvest. But the reason it is imperative is that different nutes are available to the plant at different pHs. You as the chemist are prescribing what the plant can eat, and trusting that the bottle has it, and that every plant wants the same thing at the same time.

But if the roots are recoding microbes to get the next need, they are likely using pH as a factor in in that re-coding, making sure the microbe has the ability to attach an element that requires a certain pH. So as long as the water you are adding is not super basic or acidic, the roots do the rest.
From what I understand, the reason you don't have to pH with living soil is because some minerals in the soil, and the microbial life, buffer and help keep the pH in range for the plants to be able to uptake the nutrients.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
From what I understand, the reason you don't have to pH with living soil is because some minerals in the soil, and the microbial life, buffer and help keep the pH in range for the plants to be able to uptake the nutrients.
Ok, but how? What mechanism takes water that would fuck up a chemically grown plant and makes it safe for living soil?

That's the part I am theorizing. the roots are programming each microbe as it is sent back out to get whatever minerals it needs. Multiply that times billions and you have programmed, pH adjusted microbes running all through the rhizosphere maintaining that proper soil pH just by being there.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ok, but how? What mechanism takes water that would fuck up a chemically grown plant and makes it safe for living soil?

That's the part I am theorizing. the roots are programming each microbe as it is sent back out to get whatever minerals it needs. Multiply that times billions and you have programmed, pH adjusted microbes running all through the rhizosphere maintaining that proper soil pH just by being there.
I don't know the science behind it all but I would assume that the digestive process of the microbial and insect life has a part in it in the same way our urine comes out at a different pH than what we put into our body.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have been doing a lot of 2-3 bean drops for regs and gotten more duds than I like. I noticed doing the 20-bean drop that I dumped the beans to count, then put the best looking ones back in the container. Just a habit because I'd rather not have my last bean be the possible dud. So in general when I open a pack, any iffy ones get wet directly.

I had enough pop up to check on those that didn't The Trinity OG are 100%
IMG_8719.JPG
Xmas has a slow one but moving
IMG_8720.JPG
I found one dud CLHP cross.
IMG_8721.JPG
And the Dogma are older beans and I only got 2 maybes out of 5. Left one had the root growing up, the other is a helmet head I need to check on later.
IMG_8724.JPG

I am wondering if some of the older beans just lost vigor due to one of the many storage practices I have had before getting the little fridge.