The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I use those little 10-20 tray inserts to start veggies. Some things can go right from those to outside soil if you time it right. The mini solo cups are a good next size to start culling tomatoes and peppers from if needed. After that the 18oz solo cups should easily get stuff to outdoor transplant.

I found a calendar online to enter your tentative last frost date and it tells you what to plant when based on when it can go out and the total grow time it needs before going out.

Just randomly looking through bud pics and found this of one of The Stones - does that look like Kieth Richards?
IMG_3593.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Did some New Years re-potting. These need some water before lights out tomorrow at noon but no hurry. They are mostly the few-days-later drop and smaller. The Deep Chunk are in the corner because they supposedly like less light and that seems fine with them.
IMG_3616.JPG
The Thunderhole, the two Burnside from Smiley's Garden (Ghost OG x Sky Cuddler Kush), and the 707 plants (Dogma, Mayday, ChemPower x 2)
IMG_3609.JPG
the "2-gallon-short" pots are exactly the size of a 5qt paint pail. I am topping all these and letting them stretch a little before flip. All regs and these will be flipped in these pots and the girls will go to 7g instead of 5g.
IMG_3610.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All the re-pots are at the point where they could start showing me pre-flowers without flipping.

Most of the smaller pots are all getting flippped soon. The Lemon Tree fem and the GMO Cake fem will get up-pots and longer veg.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
All the re-pots are at the point where they could start showing me pre-flowers without flipping.

Most of the smaller pots are all getting flippped soon. The Lemon Tree fem and the GMO Cake fem will get up-pots and longer veg.
You flip to 12 then transplant? I've always been afraid to do that.
How is your Williams Wonder coming along?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You flip to 12 then transplant? I've always been afraid to do that.
How is your Williams Wonder coming along?
I have pretty much everything BUT Williams Wonder going :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️ The one I grew way back was good smoke.

Yes. I flip regs first then up-pot girls only. Doing the living soil and going mainly into 5g pots I have a 3 month window before they get rootbound. Keeping plants and pots both small makes it work.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These have done nothing but stay healthy since up-pot. No crazy growth. I topped almost everything in veg and left 6 limbs, most will end up keeping the best 4 limbs. The two Burnside and the Mayday showed no sign of branching so they got flipped. The Mayday looks to be female already the Burnside are androgenous. I have a Homecoming Queen and one of the taller Thunderhole (bottom left) marked as possible dudes - but they're dudes. Just givigng it a day to make sure.
IMG_3635.JPG
These all get some kind of attention tonight. I need to flip a larger group and hold some back in the 3x3 tent above. Only thing not topped is the mystery survivor middle-right that looks stellar now.
IMG_3632.JPG
This tent got the Mayday and Burnside, but it's also primed to lose The Cream and The Machine. Both have ambers scattered and hit 10 weeks Thursday. Lost one of The Stones to week 7 nanners. Long, obvious ones dangling out of the buds in about 4 places. It was the furthest along and had few white pistils left compared to the other three. Jack the Ripper got pulled just over 9 weeks for being done.
IMG_3633.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think the method to the madness to get all those plants divided up is that there are some I know I like that I want a stash of smoke. If I veg for 6 weeks most end up in the 3oz range. Flipping at 4 weeks I get 1.5-2oz plants just to try the smoke and figure where the rest of the pack should fall in my drops. Trees seem to end up in the 1.5oz range, topping leans towards the 2oz.

Basically I need to pull stuff I don't want flipped out of the tent with all the 1/2g pots and flip that tent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I am no longer running testers I don't feel as obliged to do glamor shots of buds or detailed smoke reports - I have a LOT of strains jarred, curing, a few hanging. That said I don't mind talking about the interesting stuff I find or exceptional highs, new breeders, etc. That said, if there's anything you know I grew or have growing that you are specifically interested in lemme know.

The most recent thing I am digging is using the dynavap before smoking on something. I still smoke to get high - but the vape thing puts you on the right path of figuring out the flavor. I still haven't found much 'complex' via the vape. You get one major volatile terp for the most part. Some taste good vaped and some suck. Best one I have found is the (wait for it...) CLHP. It has a sour/citrus that IS actually 'complex' to the point that it's two flavors instead of one. Depending on first or second hit you get one or the other.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I forgot what I even got on here to 'report'. The Skunkwater x Pandemic from Family Tree is curing up nice. Most of that group is about three weeks in - no more real burping needed and it's all smokable. This and the Durban had the stank this round, the rest are some form of citrus/sweet.

SWxP smells like the monsanto aisle at the hardware store. Most chemmy thing I have grown yet. The taste is spot on with the smell and it lasts the whole joint. I put it out halfway and enjoyed being stoned for a bit, then fired up the rest to see if it builds or not. It has a ceiling I think, but it's a high ceiling. I think it will cure into a respectable chem-type fun high.

But in the dynavap it has an off-putting chemical taste like soap or something.

That was why I brought it up - super potent in every category I can think of from smell to taste to buzz so it should rock in a vape right?
If I bought this in a mylar at the dispo specifically for vaping I'd think someone tampered with it.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I have pretty much everything BUT Williams Wonder going :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️ The one I grew way back was good smoke.

Yes. I flip regs first then up-pot girls only. Doing the living soil and going mainly into 5g pots I have a 3 month window before they get rootbound. Keeping plants and pots both small makes it work.
look to be doin a good job from here!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Since I am no longer running testers I don't feel as obliged to do glamor shots of buds or detailed smoke reports - I have a LOT of strains jarred, curing, a few hanging. That said I don't mind talking about the interesting stuff I find or exceptional highs, new breeders, etc. That said, if there's anything you know I grew or have growing that you are specifically interested in lemme know.

The most recent thing I am digging is using the dynavap before smoking on something. I still smoke to get high - but the vape thing puts you on the right path of figuring out the flavor. I still haven't found much 'complex' via the vape. You get one major volatile terp for the most part. Some taste good vaped and some suck. Best one I have found is the (wait for it...) CLHP. It has a sour/citrus that IS actually 'complex' to the point that it's two flavors instead of one. Depending on first or second hit you get one or the other.
Don’t know if you’ve tried it yet but bubble and dry sift hash that hasn’t been pressed vapes really well in a Dynavap, too. Just pack it very loose so it’s like kief in the bowl. If you want to make sure it doesn’t gunk up the screen then put a thin layer of flower in first. When you’re done, and it’s time to empty it, just barely heat the tip up and it comes right out with the “digger outer” built into the cap. I’m vaping some sangria cookies dry sift hash right now and it has so much flavor. I vape full on temple ball hash in mine, too. You can sandwich it in flower or wrap it in cotton (same type of cotton used for vaping wicks)

Last edited:

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I still think trying it with a "full sized tip" will allow you to capture the subtleties. I usually vape 1-2 half caps per sesh throughout the day and they taste good. I also use one set to the standard full cap when I'm trying something new to get an idea of flavor and effects. It also gets used dry in a water piece for those times I want a nice bong rip.

I'll have to dig around the bone yard to see if there is an extra tip I can send your way to play with.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I still think trying it with a "full sized tip" will allow you to capture the subtleties. I usually vape 1-2 half caps per sesh throughout the day and they taste good. I also use one set to the standard full cap when I'm trying something new to get an idea of flavor and effects. It also gets used dry in a water piece for those times I want a nice bong rip.

I'll have to dig around the bone yard to see if there is an extra tip I can send your way to play with.
You don't have to worry about that. I have funds - it's just whether or not I get into something. I'm OCD/ADHD when it comes to something like that. Once I'm in, I'm all in. But I think if I was to get "into" it there would be Puffco or Volcano involved. And I'm not. It'll be a month or two and I'll want a new gadget. Use will determine if I get an upgrade or something different.

If I do choose to upgrade I'll hit you up for recommendations.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For most things small scale is all I need. Like the nugsmasher mini. If it t works reliably that's good enough. I have sat there and done 2-3 'bowls' on the vaper just because. Boredom and the efforts to alleviate that rule my life 😜 If I have to get real high and spend a few hours smashing nugs - I have that time.

But I bought bubble bags, made bubble hash, and never really smoked it. With the press I can still use it like hash and roll a snake for a joint, or get it on top of a bowl, or whatever. But you can't really dab bubble hash without a LOT of purification processes. Way too much work for what I could do in 2 minutes on the press and have it be cleaner. I got a mini bubble-bag with my magic butter machine and I see the others being used for that type of thing instead of hash.

I washed a half-gallon jar of decarbed weed yesterday for eventual cannabis oil. I have enough edible stuff made that I don't need it all hanging around. I want full spectrum and it can have all the plant stuff in it that it extracts so I let it soak for a while, shaking occasionally. I have a 1.75L of super-infused everclear now.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the latest OCD thing. When I jar stuff I don't trim a lot. I do pull off most sugar leaves if they look like they might be a mold issue. Little crows feet that are tight against the nug and protecting it are fine. So I don't get much dry sift from a pile of trim that'll fit in your hand. And if I don't see kief dropping some just go straight to compost. I let it get real dry then scrub it around a wide-grade kitchen sifter, then take those crumbles and dry sift it through a 120m screen. With the smasher and the vap-er I ain't worried about getting stuff pure but when the parent plant cured I'll re-sift it through a few screens to see what's what.

IMG_3637.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Here's the latest OCD thing. When I jar stuff I don't trim a lot. I do pull off most sugar leaves if they look like they might be a mold issue. Little crows feet that are tight against the nug and protecting it are fine. So I don't get much dry sift from a pile of trim that'll fit in your hand. And if I don't see kief dropping some just go straight to compost. I let it get real dry then scrub it around a wide-grade kitchen sifter, then take those crumbles and dry sift it through a 120m screen. With the smasher and the vap-er I ain't worried about getting stuff pure but when the parent plant cured I'll re-sift it through a few screens to see what's what.

View attachment 123898
looks like a good stockpile, from what i see.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Didn't get pics because the lights were out but I find being impulsive is good sometimes. I needed to flip something to make sure I spread stuff out or I have to start worrying about having the soil to up-pot a lot of girls at once.

First cull was a Thunderhole so I flipped the other 4. Seems putting them in a new pot to give them time also made them grow bigger. Who knew :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also flipped the regs I have packs of remaining. All those just topped a few days ago. I held back the 4 fems and the Deep Chunk which all need new pots so they can get bigger. The three remaining 707 plants are the only 2g plants not flipped. I am leaning towards manifolding or something to let them get some age before flip. It's all in the signature block.

I could end up with my 100w clone tent flipped as well before it's said and done.