The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have the leafy bitch Lemon Cello still to buck so I'll try and remember to get pics. I got the Duban put away earlier and am smoking on some of the smalls. It's like a grape scented dryer sheet that a cat pissed on. Crazy, but I have enough to know if I like it or not. I got a few left in a freebie pack and it was regs. If the high is that different I may have another mom possibility. Just judging from the early cheat I think it'll be better as a long cure flower. It's smokable now so that means it's pressable. And I can let some get extra dry for the vaper thing.

I have some plants that are getting to the flip or up-pot point so I need to get high-er, take some notes, and figure out which are which. I know I need to take at least 10 clones (T-hole/Deep Chunk) though so I'm waiting on the arctic weekend to pass before even thinking about cloning.

As I fire the other tents back up I'll have to set the mini up specifically for taking lots of clones. and the 3x3 back to vegging stuff I don't want to flip yet. I'll also have an internal debate on whether to flip the cloned moms before seeing rooted clones.

Lots of fun mental exercises to keep me from being too bored.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I say leafy and larfy - here's what I mean.
IMG_3528.JPG
But the smell just from bucking the buds off the stems is amazing. I had to look at pics and re-think my attack. I left all the fan leaves on so it would hopefully dry slower, but there were 6 main limbs and none were lolli-popped in veg or early flower. Too much flower for the plant I think. I expected skunk to be dense. But it brings the roasted lemon scent hard just brushing away shiny leaves with almost no trichs.
IMG_3534.JPG
There's some there there, but I am not spending too much time trimming I think the fan leaf removal will be it, then a large tin and let there be shake. This might end up best smoked old-school. If it came in the bag and was not a stick or stem, you smoked it. I also will try pressing, but it is too sticky for sift.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Both of these are really strong, only hanging for 8 days. The cold helps but the rH dropped too. Jarring them was for preservation unlike usual. I'm watching the three I have hanging very close. Anyway, the durb is a frosted purple/green and the skunk is a "my shit has been in leaf-shade" greenIMG_3539.JPG
A tale of two tops
IMG_3536.JPG
That said I think both are pretty damn good. I been puffing on one or the other since before dinner, including finger hash, and haven't pulled out a cured strain to finish off a good buzz.

Next is a yin/yang bowl LOL
IMG_3547.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Thanks for the additional info but I am not venturing down another rabbit hole. I am replying to the pertinent part. I can fill it twice and that's fine but the vaping high itself is just different to me. I smoked cancer sticks for a few decades, so that probably has something to do with it.

The price and the fact that it needs no electricity made me want to try it. I thought about getting extra screens for it but it seems sturdy enough and doesn't clog like a smokig screen.

I am a paper & bong dude whether i like it or not. I now have this for vaping as another way to try all my weed. I also have the nug-smasher and have a few dabbing accessories, but I don't see diving down that rabbit hole either. I can see buying a new banger if one breaks, but I don't see me worrying about it while I don't have one. I noticed the cap on the "B" is very flimsy. I can see that being damaged easily just enough so it doesn't work right. Same thing, if that occurs I think I might buy a replacement because it works well, but I wouldn't ne Jones-ing and stalking the mailman waiting on the new one.
Dynavap is all I use. I personally like it best through a small dry bong. It makes it easier to get a nice draw from it and it makes it a nice cool vape. The o-rings in the regular models don’t really wear out though. I’ve had some of my Dynavaps for 4+ years and the o-rings still look and work like new.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dynavap is all I use. I personally like it best through a small dry bong. It makes it easier to get a nice draw from it and it makes it a nice cool vape. The o-rings in the regular models don’t really wear out though. I’ve had some of my Dynavaps for 4+ years and the o-rings still look and work like new.
I just dropped in to add a quick note. The Dogma from 707 has school cafeteria on hamburger day terps. In a good way. The high is spectacular, Real full meaty taste to the smoke as well.

Through the vape it was pine/cedar all day. So those terps are in there, which is why I think I like the smoke - through a bowl :ROFLMAO:. Both are good :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK, I'll admit I'm having fun with the dynavap. I haven't had to deep clean it yet, and a q-tip seems to do the trick at least for the time being.

Here's what I am noticing. There is a "one-note" terp profile to most stuff. It's very tasty and might give you an idea of the most prominent terp, or just the most volatile one. The County Line Hashplant is citrus. not lemn or lime or grapefruit, but citrus peel/oil smell.

The second hit always gives the buzz and sometimes the good cough feel like you're smoking. But it has more of a popcorn-plus taste to it.

I think it's a cool tool to add to the fun bin, but I actually like smoking. Hitting a bowl of green after trying some in the vape I think I can pick up different notes in the smoke I might have been missing.

I may get older and have to switch, but after listening to Heavy Daze from the potcast on the Breeders Syndicate interview I'm not scared of the smoke as much. Seems it interacts with the alvioli and stuff in the lungs different than tobacco tar. The tar from weed doesn't kill the little things in the lungs, it just coats them. So when you are done coughing that's pretty much the end of it. After a few hours the lungs are back to normal but with tobacco you'd have to stop for several months for those things to start to regenerate.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
When you get the popcorn flavor that’s usually a sign that you’ve vapes all the flavor out of it. If you are getting it on a fresh bowl then try heating a little closer to the closed end of the cap. This will cause it to click a little earlier and will give you a slightly cooler vape.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When you get the popcorn flavor that’s usually a sign that you’ve vapes all the flavor out of it. If you are getting it on a fresh bowl then try heating a little closer to the closed end of the cap. This will cause it to click a little earlier and will give you a slightly cooler vape.
That's usually on the second or third heat-up. It's like the first one opens up all the flavors, but the second one actually activates them all up nice for a buzz. I tried just doing that first hit and is feels 'blah'.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
OK, I'll admit I'm having fun with the dynavap. I haven't had to deep clean it yet, and a q-tip seems to do the trick at least for the time being.

Here's what I am noticing. There is a "one-note" terp profile to most stuff. It's very tasty and might give you an idea of the most prominent terp, or just the most volatile one. The County Line Hashplant is citrus. not lemn or lime or grapefruit, but citrus peel/oil smell.

The second hit always gives the buzz and sometimes the good cough feel like you're smoking. But it has more of a popcorn-plus taste to it.

I think it's a cool tool to add to the fun bin, but I actually like smoking. Hitting a bowl of green after trying some in the vape I think I can pick up different notes in the smoke I might have been missing.

I may get older and have to switch, but after listening to Heavy Daze from the potcast on the Breeders Syndicate interview I'm not scared of the smoke as much. Seems it interacts with the alvioli and stuff in the lungs different than tobacco tar. The tar from weed doesn't kill the little things in the lungs, it just coats them. So when you are done coughing that's pretty much the end of it. After a few hours the lungs are back to normal but with tobacco you'd have to stop for several months for those things to start to regenerate.
trouble with cigs very few people, can get past the nicotine ,part to quit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last night everything got water with LAB and some Quillaja powder. The CLHP youngun got a stool to match her older sister and the Chemdog
IMG_3554.JPG
In here two of the Irie plants got step stools as well. Not too worried about an even canopy but there was a foot difference that I could fix easy.
IMG_3553.JPG
The two worst bird-claws of The Stones got a glamour shot. Still seem perfectly healthy - just chilly
IMG_3550.JPG
After I watered those I added some coconut water powder for the babies. They all got soaked so the pot, plant, soil, etc all weighed 900g, then set in a tray to drain before going back in the tent. This was the first good soaking since the repot. If they drink it quick that happens sooner rather than later. I need to play with soil again to get it ready. With it being chilly overall, the plants have slowed. I set a heater in the lung room and dropped their exhaust down to the lowest setting but still on 24/7These guys can take a humidity bump at lights out as long as it's not a cold one.
IMG_3556.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This morning I bucked the John Lemon. I'm glad I have more going because this dried too quick - chopped on the 22nd but already down to 25% of the wet weight. The terps have mellowed but I think they'll come back as it cures. Probably still moist on the inside of the flowers.
IMG_3557.JPG
I took them down to nugs to be safe. Those 8 at the bottom all lost a set of nugs under the big top. If there was separation and a somewhat moist looking fan leaf poking out I snipped the nug off to get to the next level.
IMG_3558.JPG
There was kief galore, so that and the gram of finger hash I got should rock. It's about the size of one of thoe little inscense cones.
IMG_3561.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thinking and notes. Two of the irie are looking like the one above with slight differences. The Jack the Ripper seems really hairy, and it definitely has a citrus cleaner smell - which I am hoping leans towards lime in the jar. Those three hit 9 weeks Thursday. That's also when the second drop of seedlings hits 4 weeks.

I think a lot will jump into 1g's just to buy more time. A few are looking like beanpoles with no branching, si those will probably be trees and flip sooner. I didn't check fem or reg, but fems would get the 5g as soon as I up-pot. Once i dive into it I'll have the other tents fired up for veg. I can flip about 18 regs to end up with about 9 girls.

That leaves 12 to get bigger. I'll probably end up closer to 15 and 15. I'm gonna get really high and go sit with them and take notes, maybe rearrange again. I keep saying I'm not taking clones, then I see the T-hole and Deep Chunk I know I can't get more of... I am thinking that if the Deep Chunk stay short they are prime candidates for a manifold. And there's always re-veg and flower clone oce I see if I even get a girl. It would be a whole lot easier if that Rev dude wasn't a dick. I have seed money to burn if I find a winner but he gets none.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I have the leafy bitch Lemon Cello still to buck so I'll try and remember to get pics. I got the Duban put away earlier and am smoking on some of the smalls. It's like a grape scented dryer sheet that a cat pissed on. Crazy, but I have enough to know if I like it or not. I got a few left in a freebie pack and it was regs. If the high is that different I may have another mom possibility. Just judging from the early cheat I think it'll be better as a long cure flower. It's smokable now so that means it's pressable. And I can let some get extra dry for the vaper thing.

I have some plants that are getting to the flip or up-pot point so I need to get high-er, take some notes, and figure out which are which. I know I need to take at least 10 clones (T-hole/Deep Chunk) though so I'm waiting on the arctic weekend to pass before even thinking about cloning.

As I fire the other tents back up I'll have to set the mini up specifically for taking lots of clones. and the 3x3 back to vegging stuff I don't want to flip yet. I'll also have an internal debate on whether to flip the cloned moms before seeing rooted clones.

Lots of fun mental exercises to keep me from being too bored.
well the arctic weekend is over flip to 50's

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think it's gonna work out. I have room for one in here if needed
IMG_3568.JPG
I could fit 1 or 2 in here now but the three Irie are at 9 weeks today. All three gone in a week or so.
IMG_3574.JPG
The JTR is strange looking but smells nice
IMG_3586.JPG
Then I saw how the leaf rails were formed - crazy little spikes with trich's all around.
IMG_3586 (2).JPG
None of these were rootbound. Still had a little water left from 2 days ago. I snipped every seed leaf and any assosiated shoots. I have 4 fems and they all got topped leaving 3 nodes/6 limbs. The 9 big ones up front are getting a 2g and moving to the 3x3 tent at some point in the near future. They are the 5 Thunderhole and the four 707 plants. I think the cold set some things back more than others which works out well. I'll be spreading these out best I can but I'll end up with a lot in flower at once...
IMG_3567.JPG
Some have huge leaves, but none have much secondary growth. I'll have to figure out which to top and which not to. Some are branching slowly, and some I don't think will branch at all, like the beanpole plants a few grows back.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's what I have sorted so far about future drops. I am leaning towards getting more 7g pots just for the headstash grows.

I could survive on just the CLG gear I have, the Irie, and the 707. The CLG has some in every category. Lots to pack-hunt, but the CLHP and the Baguettes crosses have all been top shelf from every girl. And it's a wide variety, not everything and it's brother x cookies. I won't be snagging any Irie stuff for a while though, I have lots. But I will be keeping my eyes open for new 707 stuff.

I'll also be watching for Duke Diamonds new gear once he can sell again. But the Dominion stuff has been hit or miss so far which surprises me. The Savage Headband is very nice, but nothing of his has knocked me on my ass yet except the Thunderhole. Same with Ethos. And I have a lot of beans from both to run yet...

Transitioning from the mini solo-cup, to the half-gallon, and then to the 5qt bucket size seems to be a good plan to get regs bigger before flip without wasting too much soil on males.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Here's what I have sorted so far about future drops. I am leaning towards getting more 7g pots just for the headstash grows.

I could survive on just the CLG gear I have, the Irie, and the 707. The CLG has some in every category. Lots to pack-hunt, but the CLHP and the Baguettes crosses have all been top shelf from every girl. And it's a wide variety, not everything and it's brother x cookies. I won't be snagging any Irie stuff for a while though, I have lots. But I will be keeping my eyes open for new 707 stuff.

I'll also be watching for Duke Diamonds new gear once he can sell again. But the Dominion stuff has been hit or miss so far which surprises me. The Savage Headband is very nice, but nothing of his has knocked me on my ass yet except the Thunderhole. Same with Ethos. And I have a lot of beans from both to run yet...

Transitioning from the mini solo-cup, to the half-gallon, and then to the 5qt bucket size seems to be a good plan to get regs bigger before flip without wasting too much soil on males.
who handles the 707 gear?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

the more i read what you are up ,to to manage numbers needed,never saw a mini solo before!
They have them at Dagga Gardens. The breeder is Sha-bud, one of the writers for skunk magazine who was an old deadhead. I like that his prices match what he sells. Cool new crosses, $50-$60. A pack of their Lemon Tree regs - $200.
thanks@H.A.F.