The James Gang

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Here's something anecdotal that the BHP comment got me thinking about. I have done dabs now from actual concentrates. I tried almost everything I have because you never know what will stand out. Turns out a GMO cross pressed best, and that it is also already a well known fact.

Here's the rub. Concetrates = concentrating whatever is there. If it's low THC it's gonna be higher THC. But it doesn't change the effect other than being stronger.

So a beautiful high is gonna be intensified. So is an average high. Intensely average. Think about it :)

So by my little experriment I have proved THC % doedn't matter - at least to me. You can raise the THC percentage but you can't change the genetics.
from what i've watched from out west , these oil press extraction outfits mingle a lot ,of different strains and such together.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
So have I - I tried everything separately but if it didn't rock my boat it all got put in the same jar. Also a lot of the dry-sift I use comes from multiple plants. I rarely get enough trim hash from one little plant.
i could not see ever( with the current pace of our electied officals ) being able to grow outie like those guys outwest so smaller it is.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i could not see ever( with the current pace of our electied officals ) being able to grow outie like those guys outwest so smaller it is.
Knowing what I know now about growing, and knowing what my end goal is (not income), I will not grow outside unless it's just to toss an auto out to see what happens. Regulated or not will never matter to me- that all has to do with the market, state taxes, licensing, local taxes, inspections and their fees, post production sales taxes, yada, yada, yada.

Gubmint licensed and approved growers in Canada had to compost tons of weed because no one was buying their mids, and they never thought about shelf life... The entire country is "legal" and there are still regulations on how and what you can grow, how much, etc.
All those Big Ag people in the industry are hurting because they drove the price of good weed so low. They are probably getting subsidized for weed no one smoked while the small farmers are folding.

Know who isn't doing bad? All the friends, family, and campaign donors of the politicians that got hired on to be the new "Plant-count-inspector", and hundreds of other new gubmint jobs that all come with a fixed salary, early retirement, and a pension until the people die. That is why they need all the fees and taxes and it's a game you'll never win unless you are on the gubmint/theft side of the game.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
WOW. My back hurts. The assembly line, I had to make sure this would fit in the tent. I use that brush as an applicator and just tap some into each hole.
IMG_3431.JPG
and I was able to keep the pepper in here for now. I'm rigging a supplemental light in the dining room for getting my outdoor stuff started, might as well do it now and use it.
IMG_3432 (2).JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was worrying about room, but they are already at 3 weeks. The ones I am just flipping as usual will be out of here soon. And I don't need a calendar, I can up-pot to 5g's as needed to fill gaps. Since they are only in 1/2g pots they should stay a little smaller in the interim.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Are you plugging the starts in using the same size shot glass or filling it up with seed starting mix?
The seedling mix is just in those little cups. That is regular soil in the pots but I cut it with some fresh peat.

I took an empty cup same size to fill in around in the pots. Easiest thing for me is to just put the pot in a pile of soil, scoop some into the bottom of the pot so the little cup is about the right level then heap the whole thing with soil. I mess with it and tap it and make sure it's settled, spin the cup then pull it. You have to have the moisture right.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It'll be only be a week in these pots before I start flipping but I think the ones I'm flipping are all regs. The small pots should be fine until I can cull males. When I flip the first batch the others should be ready for topping and taking the pertinent clones.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The DeChempose from Covert is a great high, but it took a longer cure. I got two phenos and I swear both look like twins of the ChemD and the Chem91. One is knobby with little dark green dog-tongue leaves on the buds and one had tight, neat little hairy-pinecones like the D.
IMG_3434.JPG
I chopped these back in June and they have never been bad, but I am just now getting that "oh wow!" effect of being higher than you expected :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was debating starting a new thread in the "Grow Journals" section when County Line got the long pause. But the more I think about it having other people post CLG gear here is cool, and I'll probably always have some going. Aside from the CLHP I have a few Homecoming Queen going, and a line of ones I want to hunt through en masse looking for unicorns.

But I also thought about the fact that not everyone buys beans when they shouldn't then has ~45 plants going and only a few that are multiples of a strain. I'm gonna smoke them so I might as well review it.

But it is a grow journal...

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Knowing what I know now about growing, and knowing what my end goal is (not income), I will not grow outside unless it's just to toss an auto out to see what happens. Regulated or not will never matter to me- that all has to do with the market, state taxes, licensing, local taxes, inspections and their fees, post production sales taxes, yada, yada, yada.

Gubmint licensed and approved growers in Canada had to compost tons of weed because no one was buying their mids, and they never thought about shelf life... The entire country is "legal" and there are still regulations on how and what you can grow, how much, etc.
All those Big Ag people in the industry are hurting because they drove the price of good weed so low. They are probably getting subsidized for weed no one smoked while the small farmers are folding.

Know who isn't doing bad? All the friends, family, and campaign donors of the politicians that got hired on to be the new "Plant-count-inspector", and hundreds of other new gubmint jobs that all come with a fixed salary, early retirement, and a pension until the people die. That is why they need all the fees and taxes and it's a game you'll never win unless you are on the gubmint/theft side of the game.
it needs to be like any other veg. in the garden and leave me alone !

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I was worrying about room, but they are already at 3 weeks. The ones I am just flipping as usual will be out of here soon. And I don't need a calendar, I can up-pot to 5g's as needed to fill gaps. Since they are only in 1/2g pots they should stay a little smaller in the interim.
i'am glad to be able to keep track of your grows, you have helped me a bunch with timing out ,when to start the next round amoung other things!thanks @H.A.F.I REALLY LIKE THE CEDER DRY CAB,sorry bout the caps!

Last edited:

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
@Nobighurry I should add that I smoke a lot of weed, and then there's RSO, edibles, the occasional dab... I have a fairly high tolerance and some strains others love don't always float my boat. I have always had an addictive personality, whether it was scrips or alcohol. I found a medicine I can be "addictive" with and it isn't nearly as harmful to my body as the alternatives.

Anyway, I like hashplant and this one never grew out as a hashplant for me. It has been very sticky/greasy and never dropped any kief. I am wondering if I have just gotten one pheno, or if one is just more dominant. If I didn't smoke 24/7 it might just kick my ass - who knows LOL
Most definitely 2 phenos I agree one stays sticky/greasy stuff was like 90wt gear oil got on you and everywhere stayed... I do not have a huge tolerance back when I smoked alot (70s) I did hash was the big gun then lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Food for thought. sometimes pain is the body's way of telling you to slow the fuck down. Had shoulder surgery about 15 years ago and after some motrin and feeling great I did too much today I feel it. No re-injury or anything but stuff feels stretched.

Here's the epiphany though. Vitamin M (motrin) can take the egde off and make you feel like doing more than you should, so you do - then you need more motrin - then you feel OK - wash, rinse repeat. It's a good business model right?

Weed will take the edge off but not to the point of "wow, I can do stuff like when I was 30" so you don't tend to over-extend. I think the high from good weed will start to fill in those blanks you happen to need filled though, and the better the weed the more instances that it will have the right medicine for you.

I think dropping regs by the job lot instead of two-fers I should be able to divide each run into the best smoke, the the best press, then still have some for edibles or other meds. Technically the 4 Stones are the beginning of that. but it was only a 6-pack.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The DeChempose from Covert is a great high, but it took a longer cure. I got two phenos and I swear both look like twins of the ChemD and the Chem91. One is knobby with little dark green dog-tongue leaves on the buds and one had tight, neat little hairy-pinecones like the D.
View attachment 123474
I chopped these back in June and they have never been bad, but I am just now getting that "oh wow!" effect of being higher than you expected :)
u just cured that batch to my sweet spot for, the high that i like!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking at that pic above the lower-middle row (4th from top) is the Thunderhole. The three in the middle look like regular broadleaf plants, and of tose one is taller than the other two. The one on far left is a thin leaf, and the one far right is like a bundle of canoe paddles.

Other than size I don't see much variation in the Deep Chunk at the bottom, and I bet that's the male/female ratio. Watch it be 4 dudes and a chick.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I love being high. Took some pics, looking and cropping, then had an epiphany. I have a mini tent that's off. Pretty sure it'll hold all 5 T-hole and all 5 Deep Chunk. But then I might be better served putting the ones I want to flip next in there. I have two 65w lights in there, permanenly mounted near the roof. Pretty sure I can fit 12" tall plants in there easy. It's also a tighter micro-climate and I can really play with it to dial it in. It's also in the same veg room as the 3x3. and both just vent into the room, so added BTU's for the upcoming cold snap.

So I'm doing that now and stuff needs water too. I never water right at lights on unless something is in dire need. Haven't had that happen much, but I also like to let them get their day-motor running full speed before I make it rain.