The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I know where all this came from - and may have another top-shelfer. The Puna Lites got chopped today and is impressive. The Headlites got jarred this morning and I puffed on some of that larf after dinner. Holy FUCK!
IMG_2632.JPG
They have the NL5 (beans from a reliable source in Seattle) that they have selected to F3, and it is in both crosses.
This is their (Chem '91 x NL1) x NL5 F3. I didn't get a lot off this one, but it has a little bit of it all. It has a sour/chemmy funk but not real loud yet. Pleasant. It has frost for days in the buds but not so much in the trim. What struck me was that it feels like velvet. You want to play with it, like mullein leaves or something. The consistency of the trich's is money. I also found 3 beans so far, all on the lower larfy stuff. Nothing fell out of the buds as I was trimming. I have the little pillbox in there in case I find more and I know the label is backwards but they were all girls so fuck it. I KNOW it's a Headlites bean, the rest is edjumakated guess.
IMG_2630.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Oh - I also live where things are relatively inexpensive. Read into that what you will but I have no worries about water, or electricity. 3br house w/ 2200 sqft, AC Kicking in September heat, three to four tents going, and my bill was just over $300. Just got my property tax bill for the year and it was just over $700.

Anyway, I was smoking about an ounce a month being stingy about it in case it took a while to get more. I was paying abouy $10/g but getting relatively good weed. I bought in bulk when possible, but I use that $10/g and ounce per month as my budget. I set aside roughly $300 per month which at first was buying me a light one month, then a tent the next, then ventillation, or I'd save up to get the smash.

Now I have spare fans and a seedbank with a mini fridge for it :ROFLMAO: I used to use that budget for buying nutes, now I don't need to and can use it for more beans I don't need, or to help cover the price of everything else going Kalifornistan. I started the first bean in 2014. It's taken a while but I am stubborn as fuck!
After the $500 ounce outdoor days went away and I went indoors I went from one of everything that grew into backups for backups but I remember having to drive 120 miles to replace a ballast that fried during flower because it was the only one I had.... Leafly just posted an article about if it's cheaper to grow your own or buy not sure where they buy their equipment but anyway I lost interest in buying long ago although I will try a strain I am interested in knowing it usually isn't going to be exactly the same out of my garden is it really about saving money? 🤔

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Leafly just posted an article about if it's cheaper to grow your own or buy
A. they are obviously talking only about legal states.
B. Legal states are mostly blue states with super high taxes, regulatory inspections and fees out the ass, etc.
C. Those non-essential-for-growing but gubmint imposed restrictions and fees killed small craft cannabis that was delivering to dispos.
D. The market gets flooded with weed grown at scale by those with the right friends in power.
E. Those fucks can only grow mids and have no clue why. Even if they hire Jorge Cervantes as a consultant they will never top the love and care a hobby grower can provide. They aren't drying and curing with care either.
F. The market is now flodded with weed competing for price because no one likes mids.
G. They will fail, and the craft growers that went gray and never stopped growing will start selling legal again.
*Canada just burned tons of excess weed that was government approved crap

So fuck leafly - they have no clue and they flood the world with misinformation about our weed. This article shows they are probably shilling for one or more of those big-ag producers that is losing their shit right now.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Oh - I also live where things are relatively inexpensive. Read into that what you will but I have no worries about water, or electricity. 3br house w/ 2200 sqft, AC Kicking in September heat, three to four tents going, and my bill was just over $300. Just got my property tax bill for the year and it was just over $700.

Anyway, I was smoking about an ounce a month being stingy about it in case it took a while to get more. I was paying abouy $10/g but getting relatively good weed. I bought in bulk when possible, but I use that $10/g and ounce per month as my budget. I set aside roughly $300 per month which at first was buying me a light one month, then a tent the next, then ventillation, or I'd save up to get the smash.

Now I have spare fans and a seedbank with a mini fridge for it :ROFLMAO: I used to use that budget for buying nutes, now I don't need to and can use it for more beans I don't need, or to help cover the price of everything else going Kalifornistan. I started the first bean in 2014. It's taken a while but I am stubborn as fuck!
well i only grew for bag seed since high school, allways in the wild several different places most times four or five just as a for sure way to get something.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So while the peasant world that doesn't grow is forced to buy beasters :ROFLMAO: I'll continue eating my cake ;)

I bucked the first of the Polecat 91 from Dominion and I am stoked. Bong-rips tell me it's not super high THC but I feel really good. It smells similar to that SkunkXXX with that almost skunk smell, but this is LOUD and not cured yet. I found one bean so far from the Bad Attitude splooge. It's looking like that might be fortuitous. I haven't touched the BA yet except the glove hash. It was that donkey dick that had no larf, but it is rank as well.

It's looking like it was all lower stuff ont that tent that got hit except for the CBG plant that was a midget. I just bucked it and hand-picked 10 beans from it, about 8 look mature. It is getting decarbed right now and I'm just grinding it all together and we'll see what it does. I'll likely try the first dose before bed tonight and see if it keeps me up, helps sleep or does nothing psychoactive.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
well i only grew for bag seed since high school, allways in the wild several different places most times four or five just as a for sure way to get something.
I have no hate for bagseeds. I grow a big variety so I am never sure what the pollen donor was but usually have a good idea - I'll keep some and shitcan the others.

If you buy weed and find a seed it was likely from a mono-crop. You have an S1. Not an intentional one but an S1. Might be more herm prone but if you see no nanners in the mom-bud then it might not be an issue.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
B. Legal states are mostly blue states with super high taxes, regulatory inspections and fees out the ass, etc.
C. Those non-essential-for-growing but gubmint imposed restrictions and fees killed small craft cannabis that was delivering to dispos.
D. The market gets flooded with weed grown at scale by those with the right friends in power.
E. Those fucks can only grow mids and have no clue why. Even if they hire Jorge Cervantes as a consultant they will never top the love and care a hobby grower can provide. They aren't drying and curing with care either.
F. The market is now flodded with weed competing for price because no one likes mids.
G. They will fail, and the craft growers that went gray and never stopped growing will start selling legal again.

So fuck leafly - they have no clue and they flood the world with misinformation about our weed. This article shows they are probably shilling for one or more of those big-ag producers that is losing their shit right now.
home grows are the only way to go ,i controll what i feed, not the grow room boss.

I can only hope big ag and their shills ,fall flat on that face , along with the friends in power !

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I can only hope big ag and their shills ,fall flat on that face , along with the friends in power !
Rethink and reset. We need federal decriminalization. That is the only way. The Big Ag guys want a whole country full of customers and they don't want to have to follow each shitty blue-state-reg already in place to sell the same weed in different packaging to satisfy each state - and some places city or township. Most of the stoner activists in legal states are at their state capital trying to get the fucked up laws they voted for changed instead of trying to remove the idiots in power that made the regulations.

I will never buy their weed, and neither will you - but stoners bitching on youtube will change nothing. We need their lobbyists and their lawyers and the money they can invest in getting them a larger customer base. If you brew your own beer you probably aren't gonna buy budweiser. But it's good knowing the cops aren't gona bust down your door for brewing it, and that if you have a bad batch and need to buy some beer at the store you can.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Federal can tell state and local to pack sand and their continued attempts at local regulation will cause lawsuits they will lose.

States are still worried about how federal will step on them for being legal while it is still federally legal. How fucking worried you think they will be when all authority is removed from their hands due to federal decriminalization?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Rethink and reset. We need federal decriminalization. That is the only way. The Big Ag guys want a whole country full of customers and they don't want to have to follow each shitty blue-state-reg already in place to sell the same weed in different packaging to satisfy each state - and some places city or township. Most of the stoner activists in legal states are at their state capital trying to get the fucked up laws they voted for changed instead of trying to remove the idiots in power that made the regulations.

I will never buy their weed, and neither will you - but stoners bitching on youtube will change nothing. We need their lobbyists and their lawyers and the money they can invest in getting them a larger customer base. If you brew your own beer you probably aren't gonna buy budweiser. But it's good knowing the cops aren't gona bust down your door for brewing it, and that if you have a bad batch and need to buy some beer at the store you can.
Got agree with that one @H.A.F.i've tryed to talk to all these closet, smokin hillbillys and i think they like it the way it is,guess they do'nt want the state reps and such knowin what they think! It's time to speak up now,If your state has'nt already put crappy laws out there, on a unsuspecting public! sorry!!for the rant@H.A.F.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I uppotted all but the God's Paintbrush. Three still haven't shown but the SWxP and the other Dogma have preflowers starting that are pointy and ain't on stalks. The GP lost all it's droopy palm fronds and if it doesn't perk up IDGAF what sex it is.
IMG_2647.JPG
The MK Ultra and lettuce are both close. It's at 9 weeks as well. One side had a finding nemo lower limb that was removed.
IMG_2648.JPG
and one that wasn't
IMG_2638.JPG
Underneath it's still just unripe but you can see the milk on the other pics
IMG_2645.JPG
Since I had a 5g ready for the GP and was up-potting the other stuff I went ahead and gave the Savage Headband mutant some room.
They are at 9 weeks today and the tall one looks closer.
IMG_2636.JPG
The lone survivor Reveille has great stretch on all the lowers that need it. I pinched the main stem between three of the nodes to slow the top down.
IMG_2637.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got agree with that one @H.A.F.i've tryed to talk to all these closet, smokin hillbillys and i think they like it the way it is,guess they do'nt want the state reps and such knowin what they think! It's time to speak up now,If your state has'nt already put crappy laws out there, on a unsuspecting public! sorry!!for the rant@H.A.F.
That's a double edged sword. "High mr public official, I want you to know that I'm doing this illegal thing, and it shouldn't be illegal" :unsure: :oops:🔗

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What we need is for Marlboro to use their lobbyists so they can sell their skunk-light with filters nationwide. And we need idiot stoners to quit fighting them. Join them and mayby your hippie do-gooder thing can be making sure their mids aren't that bad. There are gonna be single mom's in trailer parks using their WIC checks to get bud at the walmart. None of those people are gonna buy our craft cannabis for twice the price as long as they can get high cheap.

Get past that and realize that those people will never be our customers, but it would be great if they were someones because it was a nationwide comodity. Maybe those people splurge on a tent at tax time and they start the journey too.