The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the zoom zoom on the Sangria Cookies. I got a good bit from the seed plant but it's going to last longer than it looks. There was no trimming. If you snip it off the stem just right you don't even have to pluck the fan leaves.
IMG_1630.JPG
This one smells like cherry Skoal chewing tobacco in the tin but once you get it kind of ground up it lights up the sour fermented smell. IMG_1631.JPG
I say "kind of ground up" because this will fuck your grinder up. I gave it 2-3 twists and dumped it - then dug out the sticky bits. In the bowl it smokes like hash. I had one flame-up and there is no such thing as a one-hitter so just pack the bowl.
IMG_1633.JPG
If anyone has tips other than just using scissors hook a brother up!
IMG_1632.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
that is one thing with all the talkin heads havin fingers in the pie,the stuff i have looked at are all about keeping your solvent after extraction.( looks like a whisky still on steroids)
One of my storage methods for excess weed that isn't worth my time to hash is to decarb it and wash it. The everclear looks brown/green when infused and I usually have no clue the %. Most of my uses for that involve it evaporating. Then it's hash oil ready for edibles and roughly 70-80% THC

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Nah. It's just that there is no science. Period. They have inklings what CBG may do. No scientific, double-blind, placebo-controlled, etc. studies. Just surveys of people taking CBG because the guy that gave them their medical scrip said so.

As far as full spectrum that's what my THC plants are for. I want the cultivars that have it all. Plenty of THC punch with all the secondary and minor cannabinoids you can jam in there.

But if I want CBD then I want to grow a plant that is specifically CBD, not something claiming to be a 1:1 - since every pack will have variations. If I want that high CBD and high THC (or whatever) medicine then I should grow the best CBD plant and the best regular plant, then mix the flowers after.
i rember someone sayin that a pine tar kush helped alot with IBSD!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the babies and the SW x P, all loving the mini tent environment. They got a little water around the edge today, next time they need water they get soaked. I'll also take the seed-leaves and any sprouts from them. I'll wait on the 3-toe node this time.
IMG_1634.JPG
And here's the 3rd Savage Headband.
IMG_1635.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My worms have been eating great with all the garden trimmings. I am starting to freeze stuff for worm treats for the winter. I have a food processor that is mainly for worm stuff, and a blender. But I got a cheap juicer that is surprisingly the easiest thing.

It's a cheapo spinning, grinding, pulp-slinging, juicer, but the leftovers are ground super fine and easy to mess with, and it chews stuff up super quick. The juice can be added back to whatever extent is needed so it freezes well and the rest can be used to moisten the worm bedding or toss on the compost pile.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Anyone know what causes "the claw" on that lower left plant? It's not even strain specific because the one next to it is from the same pack. Might be my first pre-sexed cull. Nothing is showing yet and a few are starting to stretch a little.
IMG_1637.JPG
The notso-moms tent has me thinking Carl Sagan quotes about billions and billions of stars
IMG_1642.JPG
The Freakshow puts out super-white super fluffy flowers
IMG_1641.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@High kev - What the fuck? That Albany Piff is probably the ugliest girl I have brought to the party in a long while. Whiny little bitch is never happy, probably going to hell because she's never prayed a day in her life. 9 weeks in on a suppposed 14-weeker and I doubt she'll have any leaves left by then if she gets that far...
IMG_1639.JPG
@High kev - Holy shit! That Albany Piff is probably the prettiest girl I have brought to the party in a long while. Started blushing around week 7 and has autumn colors in late summer. No telling what part of the rainbow she'll be when it's done. IMG_1640.JPG
Thought I'd have a little fun there :cool: 🤷‍♂️ Bet that caught some peoples attention :ROFLMAO: I have been plucking yellow-wilties off the first one every few days. I even gave her some homemade calmag!!! That said both are packing on the smells now and getting that knobby bud structure like little flower clusters. I was expecting a lot more stretch and more airy buds from a Piff but what the hell do I know LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have no hummingbird feeders. Too easy to do more harm than good if you aren't obsessive about changing the food. But my beans have an assortment of flower colors. The Black Coat runner beans are very red and where this little guy is usually seen. This morning it did an entire tour of the garden taking a few breaks. Didn't like the marigolds, but it did like the cucumber and tomato flowers.
IMG_1643.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My garden is roughly 30'x30', so for a 'turtle pen' I think this guy has it pretty good. The darker soil to the left next to the cucumber flower on the pic is where it digs in. They cover themselves with loose stuff most of the time and stay hidden. I haven't seen it for a few days and thought it had gotten out, but I was raking and uncovered it. Just covered it back up and I guess it's cool being in there. I'd like to find some company for it but I found out why they are hard to find unless you see them on the road or moving.
IMG_1647.JPG
I think it has other spots because it's definitely like waldo. Next time he's gone I think he'll get a bigger pond there.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I bought three of these last summer in the grocery store and they were in cute little 4" pots. After a summer of taking outer leaves whole and letting the new inner ones grow I learned to just snip half the leaf, and snip as many as you need. Clackamas Coot is a strange strange person, but he knows growing. The third is in a plastic pot and in the shade and doing as well, but not reproducing. Now that I found the spot for them to live permanently I need to do a big harvest so there's not as much to deal with and break during the planting. Then I figure a few days to let them heal up and get them in the ground. My plants will get fresh aloe next watering but I think most will be diced up and fermented. I made a tiny batch that is now a year old and almost gone, and still smells great.
IMG_1651.JPG

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
I bought three of these last summer in the grocery store and they were in cute little 4" pots. After a summer of taking outer leaves whole and letting the new inner ones grow I learned to just snip half the leaf, and snip as many as you need. Clackamas Coot is a strange strange person, but he knows growing. The third is in a plastic pot and in the shade and doing as well, but not reproducing. Now that I found the spot for them to live permanently I need to do a big harvest so there's not as much to deal with and break during the planting. Then I figure a few days to let them heal up and get them in the ground. My plants will get fresh aloe next watering but I think most will be diced up and fermented. I made a tiny batch that is now a year old and almost gone, and still smells great.
View attachment 117861
Does freezing temperatures kill aloe and succulent plants?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The glove hash mix from last round of harvests that I decarbed that turned into a rapid-hash ball is about a month old. That's about a 5g ball IMG_1670.JPG IMG_1675.JPG
Looks like a fudge brownie ;)
IMG_1674.JPG
I decided to bust it open and see how it was curing, then take a little to test - and then I went to bed early LOL. I put a wad under a homemade hash dome and burned it like an inscense cone. Let the glass fill up then clear it like a gravity bong. I got three good rips off of it and coughed my ass off for about 5 minutes. Then it was super nice for about an hour then it was nap time.

In other news, I am keeping the signature block updated mainly for my reference. I gender discriminated one Puna Lites and one Headlites from Blackbird, and I think one of the Bad Attitude is looking mannish, but not sure enough to pull the plug yet.

I identified three girls. One of the Bad Attitude, the Lime1/Grape Soda Skunk x Wilson and the Pam x KMR that is not droopy and fucked up. The fucked up one is looking male as well so thatt's good... I think I was going to cull it anyway. With the KMR being a landrace or heirloom or whatever Mr Trees said there will be some fucked up stuff in it on the most recent podcast. Hoping to up-pot all the girls at once but the soil is ready and I don't wnat to leave them in the 1/2g pots too long. But they can still go two days without water so it ain't that bad. So far the only dudes I had at least two plants of.
IMG_1677.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Here's the zoom zoom on the Sangria Cookies. I got a good bit from the seed plant but it's going to last longer than it looks. There was no trimming. If you snip it off the stem just right you don't even have to pluck the fan leaves.
View attachment 117753
This one smells like cherry Skoal chewing tobacco in the tin but once you get it kind of ground up it lights up the sour fermented smell. View attachment 117754
I say "kind of ground up" because this will fuck your grinder up. I gave it 2-3 twists and dumped it - then dug out the sticky bits. In the bowl it smokes like hash. I had one flame-up and there is no such thing as a one-hitter so just pack the bowl.
View attachment 117756
If anyone has tips other than just using scissors hook a brother up!
View attachment 117755
looks great to me @H.A.F.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And then there were 8. I have 5 girls now, 2 probable girls and one still gender neutral. Lost two Bad Attitude but have two pistil-wearing girls so that was a good 5-bean drop for old beans. A dud, two girls and two boys. These may be in new pots by morning if I get bored.
IMG_1682.JPG
That's 8 possible plants, or one tent full. I have 8 plants in the other two tents that can be combined whenever. The two Albany Piff are fading quick so there may be one or two harvests by the end of the week. I'm letting the red one go as long as possible but I stripped most of the leaves from the strugglebus plant. Both have a new flush of pistils continuously up top but the red one still has a few popping on the lowers where the 'yellow death' version is finishing evenly everywhere but the tops. Chemdog is looking terrible too, should be a good one! LOL
IMG_1684.JPG
The clones all look clone-y except the Sangria Cookies back-left. That could easily be a 4-top from a bean. The Sky Cuddler is back-right.
The two SkunkXXX phenos are up close, and that's tiny bok choy for the cover crop. I add dried crumbles weed trimmings on the pot instead of doing chop and drop with the cover crop (prevents the chance of moldy wet green leaves) so it really doesn't matter what I put in there - I am investigating good food crops. I think lettuces, maybe some tiny carrots and such. They just have to finish or get close in the alloted flower time.
IMG_1683.JPG
Once the closet is empty these guys move in and get ready for flip. Lots more branching on these but I think growing trees with a fat top for a bit might be good for a change. That Skunkwater x Pandemic runt got moved to the clone/slow tent with the fucked up Savage Headband. Hopefully induce a little stretch. If not I may snip every fan leaf and force some of the limbs to do something. Or I find a spot to flip a runt on a shelf.
IMG_1681.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had another regular 15-18 reg-bean drop but with the fems in the most recent batch I need to re-think it. It's the first of the month so I'm dropping something... as soon as the closet is cleared I'll be dropping 10 beans. I have one Cement Shoes fem left from Cult Classic. It was a gift, but out of three i got a dud and a herm-fest so far. Really want it to work out. '09 Animal Cookies x OGKB x Wet Dream(Blue Dream x Williams Wonder F3)

I have two 5-packs of Step Child from Best Coast so one is getting wet - Rude Boi x ISE (InterSpecies Erotica?) - both are supposed to be potent.

And I have 9 Mojito from Swamp Boys so I'm saving a 5-pack for later and drop 4 - Limegerian x Orange Blossom Trail, which is a Skunk1 pheno.

I broke down and made a small bean purchase from DAGGA Gardens again. I have enough chem stuff in the seedbank for now until I need more Chemdog S1's so I am looking for the lemon/lime. I got the Lemon Cello which happens to be another Skunk1 pheno and they describe it as a "sweet skunk" so there's no confusion. That was a little pricey, but for 10 fems not bad.

I snagged a 15reg pack of Amy Aces because I'm tired of hearing about it on all those podcasts that The American One frequents. He's the podcast dude that sounds just like Vin Diesel.

And lastly I am trying out a breeder called "2-buck". all his packs are $50 for 25 beans. Fuckin' A. I snagged the Lemon Hashplant x 88G13 Hashplant. It just fit right in with what I was hunting for.