The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a ton of those growing in the field behind my shop. I've been "chopping and dropping" them for the last three years to cover the huge patch of sand I've been trying to fill with vegetation (anything with roots) to give myself a starting point to plant a cover crop.
I need to experiment drying some out and see if it stays plush or if all the fluff falls off. Might cause problems in the winter if you can't save it :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was checking the MAC1 x Orgi and it's done, Tomorrow afternoon it comes down. Then I checked the Lemon Tree (middle) since it has been showing some fade -
IMG_1088.JPG
I forgot that a lot of @Heisenbeans fems have a short flower time. They always seem to sneak up on me. 7 weeks 3 days, about 75% milky with maybe 5% amber on the actual flowers. The leaves are heavily populated with amber and should make some fine dry-sift.
IMG_1081.JPGIMG_1082.JPG
Everything got water with LAB and a little fermented blackberry juice. The Momma Moonshine that I thought would be closest just have a few leaf ambers up top but starting to get milky. And they'll have some weight. IMG_1086.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So I was impatient. Done is done, and I think after a few hours they were as hydrated as they are going to get from the watering, so took down the MAC1 x Orgi, 90g wet so less than a zip but probably 20g of that is trichomes. There is not a shiny surface.
IMG_1098.JPG
And @Heisenbeans Lemon Tree S1. This was 180g wet so right in the ballpark with all my other plants.
IMG_1103.JPG
So this has just a dank OG smell that may or may not cure into a lemon thing.. But it is also frosty as hell. What is wild is that while snagging the Lemon Tree I did smell a very lemon-peel smell. Really sharp on the fingers. I sat there with the tent open (really good light LOL) snipping all the fans and stuff off and I wasn't getting the smell. After I got everything done I went back to the tent and starrted checking stuff. The Rock Island Rocket flower clone I have going is the lemon bomb! Who knew? (probably @J.James LOL)

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
So I was impatient. Done is done, and I think after a few hours they were as hydrated as they are going to get from the watering, so took down the MAC1 x Orgi, 90g wet so less than a zip but probably 20g of that is trichomes. There is not a shiny surface.
View attachment 116150
And @Heisenbeans Lemon Tree S1. This was 180g wet so right in the ballpark with all my other plants.
View attachment 116151
So this has just a dank OG smell that may or may not cure into a lemon thing.. But it is also frosty as hell. What is wild is that while snagging the Lemon Tree I did smell a very lemon-peel smell. Really sharp on the fingers. I sat there with the tent open (really good light LOL) snipping all the fans and stuff off and I wasn't getting the smell. After I got everything done I went back to the tent and starrted checking stuff. The Rock Island Rocket flower clone I have going is the lemon bomb! Who knew? (probably @J.James LOL)
The rock islands have a serious lime terpene that comes out really well if used for hash and other concentrates. I looked for Spyrock Chem leaning plants to use in that project because I knew that Lime would shine threw

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Did some culling today. The Lemon Tree and The Cream clones are gone. The LT just because it needed more lemon, and TC because it is just real good smoke. Full cure it's nothing more special than other stuff I have. Definitely watching the rest of that pack close and it'll get dropped sooner rather than later, but I need to be selective.
IMG_1111.JPG
The Momma Moonshine #4 flower clone got ditched because the short flower version just wasn't it. The other two MM's I have 2 each and all 4 are re-vegging nicely, as is the MAC1 x Orgi. The two little veg clones in that tray are the Cotton Candy Cookies and the Crazy Hazy. Just preservatioin because I haven't tried them.

The upper tray has the Sangria Cookies that's in flower and the Sky Cuddler that I still haven't flowered. I took another set of clones to keep it small and was going to flower the mom, but the clones are sloooooow. Probably end up sticking it in a bigger pot and flowering a SOG if I can get clones going. I took clones of the Sangria Cookies and will flower the mom as soon as one shows roots. I'll get pics of the tent in a minute - you'll see. That one the mom is gone so the few beans I have is all there is unless Hillbilly Bob finds another one. Keeping this as mom for a bit though. You'll See ;)

The triptastic part is the tale of two skunks. The bookends in that upper tray are the same cross. Still waiting on the moms to cure but the 10-day test when I was jarring it says I might keep both. So that's three long-terms moms I have established - and eventually one or both Momma's. Definitely #6.
IMG_1110.JPG
The First auto got taken down, kind of fluffy but it has some strong funk-berry terps. The Mind Crawler seems to be following the same exact pattern. The Freak got up-potted and will veg for a while and I'll look at it and enjoy it...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Chemdog, Crazy Hazy and Cotton Candy Cookies are the ones just filling out. CBD in the upper right and CLHP left and middle by the door.
IMG_1133.JPG
The two Mommas and the DeChempose in here have a week or so. Really want to see some plumping on the momma's. The other one is the Grandpa's Stash clone.
IMG_1142.JPG
The Sangria Cookies and BHP are the tall girls in the back. The Piff are filling out like the Chemdog, and the Rock Island Rocket flower clone.
IMG_1134.JPG
The Sangria Cookies. Pics do not do it justice. Starting to fade.
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1137.JPG
See, I told you :cool:
IMG_1140.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
While I'm pretty high I'll re-hash the RIR real quick since @J.James mentioned it and I haven't gotten to try it yet. I have plenty of beans and should have just dropped a handfull but I am stubborn. I dropped a few for the breeding project that never was. Luckily I was keeping males. The RIR showed a few preflowers that appeared to be on stalks and had that male look to them. I set it by the window instead of culling and the pre-flowers went away. Once it got mature it showed self-induced preflowers- with pistils everywhere and no sign of a nut.

So I stuck it in the veg tent to get true leaves again, pruned it back a little, then pruned away several lower limbs after I flipped it. Should be a great smoke just because of the fucked up way I grew it. :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Gave the Sangria Cookies tent a little water, the Piff didn't need much since they're still getting settled in. Mainly progress checking. The SC is getting some milk to it with a very few ambers just starting to show up top.
IMG_1149.JPG
IMG_1150.JPG
The Momma Moonshine #6 is getting that plump look to the calyxes that the other one isn't. This is the star. The 27th is 11 weeks on these. and they likely won't see much longer.
IMG_1151.JPGIMG_1152.JPG
This one is about done without hitting that individual-calyx plumpness. This is hanging n until the 11week mark and not much more.
IMG_1154.JPG
No good top pics except this one small part that was in focus. Since the first one I chopped wasn't that special I kept all the tops as 'real good smoke' for cone-packing or the chillum, then decarbed the rest. It s fantastic in that capacity ;)
IMG_1157.JPG
The second DeChempose is gonna be 9 weeks on the 29th. I was hoping for a good 10wk chem but since the first one nannered I'll settle for a well-done nine-weeker that's clean.
IMG_1160.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For anyone wondering whether they can get weight and frost without harsh chemicals, the last thing these got was lactic acid bacteria and fermented blackberry-water. Not factoring in time and labor the cost is probably less than a penny. Whatever the input cost of the sugar and milk were.

Good genetics and TLC :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Cool stuff. Just got into [K]NF myself, went out yesterday to collects some imo.. Looks dope as usual @H.A.F
The IMO is what steered me away from full-on cult membership ;)

You can't convince me that a bean crossed between something from Thailand and something from afghanistan, bred by a dude in Oregon, that I am growing in a tent gives a DAMN what is in my back yard. And what about the dude in the third-flower walk up in NYC?

One thing I am playing with is bokashi. It makes mycelium at the drop of a hat and that is what the goal is in the rice-baskets thing outside. It was made with the EM1 that will eventually come from an IMO process so the cultute should be similar.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
For anyone wondering whether they can get weight and frost without harsh chemicals, the last thing these got was lactic acid bacteria and fermented blackberry-water. Not factoring in time and labor the cost is probably less than a penny. Whatever the input cost of the sugar and milk were.

Good genetics and TLC :)
i done about the same thing ,fermented watermelon-water.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Mommas are done. Just shy of 11 weeks and the lowers look done compared to the outer parts of the tops. Some of those spindly bud-leaves on the lowers look like the trich's fell off already. Both have that fermented berry body-odor funk and might be a little different maturity-wise.

Not much to do to take them down since I already pulled most of the leaves. The best news is that I have re-veg shoots popping on both flower-clones of both plants. If they need to go longer I'll know next time. I think these must lean more towards the landrace Thai than the moonshine.

That also means I have room to clear the closet and sort all the rest between the two tents. Which means I checksed the box to drop beans. Which means I already did that part LOL. Now I need to go harvest and stuff.

I dropped 5 Bad Attitude from Dojo Seeds (full pack) I aquired 3 years ago and have no clue how old they were before they got put in the charity auction basket. GMO x Sinister Rogue. If they pop and they are good - cool. Then I dropped a selection of one or two beans from each new pack I got from DAGGA Gardens. Of the 4 breeders I bought beans from Brandon Rust counts his... The rest I got two to four extra beans per pack.

Kulla380

Really Active Member
The IMO is what steered me away from full-on cult membership ;)

You can't convince me that a bean crossed between something from Thailand and something from afghanistan, bred by a dude in Oregon, that I am growing in a tent gives a DAMN what is in my back yard. And what about the dude in the third-flower walk up in NYC?

One thing I am playing with is bokashi. It makes mycelium at the drop of a hat and that is what the goal is in the rice-baskets thing outside. It was made with the EM1 that will eventually come from an IMO process so the cultute should be similar.
Bokashi is the MVP! Not only does it help with whatever is in your garden, it helps me with food waste. And worm bin has got me to start growing veggies and soon microgreens aswell.. It´s a big winwin and a life changer.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I found a way to curb my seed-buying addiction. Buy more seeds!

Just dropped about $40 at Baker Creek for another 15 or so packs of assorted veggie seeds :) Much safer on the wallet, and most of the stuff you don't have to do anything special to get seeds for next year.

I am planting a variety of everything to see what does well here this year just to get more seeds from those. Once I get my large garden set up for rows of plants I'll mass produce a few things there and keep the backyard garden for tomatoes and peppers.

I just started the last section of my garden with some beets and such for fall. I also culled a cherry tomato and a cucumber that were not super. I filled in the blanks with new tomato plants I had started so I have more slicers. All the 18 varieties of carrots are coming up but I have fucking chipmunks and have no clue if they will make it to term.

I can see most of my garden from the back door. I pruned back the mulberry and peach trees back right now that they are done fruiting and un-shaded another 30 square feet or so. I have been both lolli-popping my tomatoes and snipping every sucker and they are still fruiting well and are way easier to manage and wath for bad bugs and worms.
IMG_1210.JPG
The green hydrofarm plant dish there behind the monolith is a bird bath I keep filled when I water. The fleet of birds I have removing insects from the garden is amazing. This is the grandpa of a huge flock that resides near the bird feeder. Yesterday he decided it was cool to take a swim while I was fairly close. Great stoner moment.
IMG_1211.JPG
IMG_1213.JPG
This is from this morning though. he is the only bright red one. Grandma has a bright red beak and some flair, but the younger ones are all fairly dull brownish red. Anyway, I usually burn one looking out the back door and tripping on whatever is there.
IMG_1214.JPG