The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm not talking big money stuff either. It was $60 for a tall 2x2 tent from iPower, and $75 from another vendor.

The thing is, the iPower one was 58" in the amazon listing. The other one was 60". I'm not paying $15 for 2" more of tent. But if I was making tents I think I would stick to regular measurements. Who would make a 58" tall tent, when 60" is 5 feet?
Capture.JPG
I think it was a typo that was supposed to read "48", but fuck them - I didn't screw it up.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I'm not talking big money stuff either. It was $60 for a tall 2x2 tent from iPower, and $75 from another vendor.

The thing is, the iPower one was 58" in the amazon listing. The other one was 60". I'm not paying $15 for 2" more of tent. But if I was making tents I think I would stick to regular measurements. Who would make a 58" tall tent, when 60" is 5 feet?
View attachment 42421
I think it was a typo that was supposed to read "48", but fuck them - I didn't screw it up.
My wife would pay $15 for 2 more inches all day long.

Done being miffed about it - big fat joint fixes most things :)

But I am done with the south american river place...
From what I’ve seen Amazon has better tents than many of the online places I’ve looked/shopped. I’ve bought 4 and am happy with all of them. Pretty sure 2 are the same tents. 4x4s from Growtent, then a 2x2 from CoolGrows and a mini from Secret Jardin.

I haven’t light leak tested them, but their zippers seem solid and I’m pleased with them. Would order them again unless I wanted to go with Gorilla...but for what I have now there’s no reason and I probably purchased all 4 for the price of a Gorilla.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
From what I’ve seen Amazon has better tents than many of the online places I’ve looked/shopped.
Yes, but they don't make tents. There has to be another warehouse style vendor for growing supplies. Amazon is like Walmart. cheap ass place to buy stuff with zero product support for anything you buy, and employees that know jack shit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything was ready for checking/jarring for long term storage or some other form of playing with weed that isn't cured yet :)
The Paradise Diesel is really taking on the ecsd notes, like the fresh gas smell is gone and it's getting some sour to it. 2g shy of 6oz of "marketable" bud that will never see market :) I've tapped into it for some testing, so it was probably a little over. After trimming off the "loose" nugs that separated from the lower part of the tops (the 4 short ones) it's a little closer to 50/50 tops and nugs.
IMG_5312.JPGIMG_5313.JPG
The 4th gear and the Black Widow each filled a half-gallon jar almost to the neck. Check out the density difference. The 4th Gear is the champ.IMG_5314.JPGIMG_5315.JPG

And the hulk got her last watering tonight. She's gone in the next few days. It really has that opaque look to it from most of the trichomes ripening,
IMG_5316.JPG
And the tip-top of the tallest cola is turning finally.
IMG_5319.JPGIMG_5319.1.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nursery update
Everything is alive!
IMG_5322.JPG
The Biscuits have zero stretch.
IMG_5323.JPG
I think the attempt to make the BBF shorter with the Dank Sinatra worked well, all 5 Blue Eyes are shorties.
IMG_5324.JPG
The SCJ has tipping-over issues, but seems healthy.
IMG_5328.JPG
The CS has purplish (or dead-ish?) tips on the leaves.
IMG_5327.JPG
Blackwater looks perfect
IMG_5329.JPG
As does the pig whistle, one leaf may be a little funky, but healthy.
IMG_5330.JPG
And last but not least, SchwaggyP's HAOG skunk is a lazy stoner that finally woke up :) Looks to break soil this light period since I'm only a few hours in.
IMG_5326.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Never thought much about Chicago, standard FM filler for the most part. I watched a documentary about Terry Kath (guitar player) and he was way more than I thought. I guess Jimi Hendrix was impressed with him and thought he was better? Anyway,

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No reason to post a lot of pics. Took about a dozen of the Hulk, not ready yet. The seedligns are a day older and alive, but there's this :)
IMG_5333.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I like using these half-size solo cups for seeds, or the seed-starter soil. You can tell when the roots have started drinking. IMG_5352.JPG
When they look like the one bottom right I add water :)

And now that it's bigger I can see there was some issue with the CS. But the next leaves are popping and look fine.
IMG_5353.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lights on in a few, and harvesting the Banner is a gameday decision every day now. I'd really like to see less white pistils but I'm not letting it get too amber.

Here's a few from last night. Looks like there's (what would have been) some beautiful purple hues in between the death and destruction :) IMG_5347.JPGIMG_5349.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those leaves are fugly!!
Bottom leaves are mostly fine, a little splotchy but I've seen worse. What you see there is a prime example of keeping your QB's at full power no matter what, and frying your upper fan leaves. It has the unique ability to accentuate and accelerate any deficiency great or small :)
IMG_5345.JPG
That has always leaned me towards harvesting earlier because I get tired of looking at it, but the buds themselves show nothing bad that won't be pruned off, so fuck it!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The only white pistils left are on little single-calyx "last gasp" attempts to make seeds. I would like to see a little of an amber hue to it rather than just opaque, but close is good enough at this point.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@J.James tester update.
The 3 Blueberry Biscuits may be back to two in a bit.
IMG_5360.JPG
Got some wonky stuff going on with the one.
IMG_5363.JPG
Another looks like it has the some bonus growth going on.
IMG_5364.JPG

The Blue Eyes have 2 with a wierd curl to the seed-leaves.IMG_5365.JPG Been this way since they opened up, just haven't grown out of it.
IMG_5366.JPGIMG_5368.JPG
This one looks like it had a little of what the other two ad but got over it.
IMG_5369.JPG
Everything is still vertical. but the one with the lily-pad on top might be a dead end though.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Day 120 for the beast, and I think she's done. I'm getting stuff set up for chopping and trimming.
IMG_5374.JPG
And all the babies were starting to look a little harsh, (rH down in the 40's) so I blasted the tent with a tank of humidifier last night. I might do that for a bit. I have a heater on a thermostat in there keeping the intake temp warmer.
IMG_5372.JPG