The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK. I seriously had to move the plant by the door so I didn't forget. I can take it in the dark now and make sure it's the right onewith little effort.
IMG_0915.JPG
The other thing on that pic is the two DeChempose in the foreground. This is the perfect pheno hunt for me. the dark green one has a sweete chem smell. It'll depend on the buzz but it ain't chemdog... Smells good though. The other one is straight chem funk. My nose says I'll like it.
I have the rest of that pack to play with still, so I'll know some of what to look for and if I like it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wow. Retirement has it's advantages. Gardening and yard work this morning and the heat was oppressive. Lack of humidity meant I needed to provide it... felt like cutting weight after a few hours. Sooooo long story short I took a 'nap' that lasted until the alarm on my phone said my lights came on. About 7 hours :cool: I've been doing a lot of stuff.

Everything got some "IPM water". I added MicrobeLift BMC and a small sack of insect frass to the water to soak for a bit. It came out looking like a weak tea. Took lots of macro pics to check progress. The two remaining Mommas have a bit to go They both look like the one on the left now
IMG_0959.JPG
The #6 which is the gem I was loking for had a fucked up little limb. Hard to see all og it but that's not flash, there's a varrieagated leaf, but there's a half-bleached-looking albino nug as well. I snipped that and it's hanging for a tester.
IMG_0961.JPG
The shorter DeChempose is close and also got a big leaf removal. The dark green one is not nearly as close.
IMG_0975.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I see people down-playing tent growers but I won't change. I like having the independently controlled environments and if needed, light cycles. The whole room is darkened, so lights out as long as the door's closed there's no way to get a light leak. All drivers and power strips are outside the grow area. They all have the same lung room, but I can adjust the exhaust speed and light intensity as well as the time for each space. There was a convenient little nook that was just enough bigger than the 40" x 40" tent to allow air-flow around it.

This is standing beside the late flower tent (above) in my optimised bedroom. All three vent through the attic. There's a hole drilled in the closet to the laundry room next door to power it from a different breaker. The Albany Piff graduated from left to right with their stretchy spurt, and I pulled two off the step stools and moved them left.
IMG_0965.JPG
I want the closet to be a flip-room for sexing during early flower for lots of one gallons, and overflow only if I get a larger than expected harem, but empty otherwise and ready for the next full drop. For now it has the Chemdog, Cray Hazy, Cotton Candy Cookies, the CBD plant and both CLHP.
That intake vent is a foot or so higher inside the closet than the one at the baseboard outside the closet. Like a periscope to help keep light out. I had a traditional vent cover both in and out but it was a bitch to clean. Now it's just two little sheeds of washable filter top and bottom.
IMG_0966.JPG
The frost-rail tent is cruizing. The MAC1 x Orgi is on it's last legs and is a frost bomb. Darker purple than it looks on the fans.
IMG_0967.JPG
Not as wierd as it looked early on. Enjoy :)
jedi speak ***ignore the cat hair. it's not what you are looking for***
IMG_0971.JPGIMG_0969.JPGIMG_0968 (2).JPGIMG_0973.JPGIMG_0968.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Today was Bluperskunk. The glove hash from yesterday is still like a fruit roll-up. The SkunkXXX stayed moist instead of drying out too.
A few grams of larf for a carrier and some hash snakes are the ticket. The cone dodn't burn for shit so I took it apart and stuck it in a bowl.
Good buzz. That's all I'm really looking for, but i'm a snob and that's about the only box it checks after 10 days.

The bud is not the best structure, kind of larfy and there were nanners in two of the 4 tops. I pulled it because of those nanners, and if they didn't happen then the rest of the issues might have corrected themselves. It's worth taking the mature clone full term to see if maturity was the only issue, but I'm not momming it. It might eliminate the issues and be more stable and a little better density. Less than an ounce from the 4-top. Basically it was the ugliest of the three skunks and the easiest to cull the clone from if the buzz was not imediately there. I have more beans. As it stands since there is buzz-potential I will just flip the mom so I can put the rest of the pack in the right category for future drops. Probably flip a few of the clones as the tents clear out.

I may keep one or both SkunkXXX. The early one has a Chemdog smell with a hint of sweet. Little cookies nugget buds that are dense, Nothing too fat on the tops where PM might be an issue. The second one doesn't have the chemical smell, but it will take jarring it before I figure it out. It's got a few more days of hanging.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK! The after dinner smoke was the SkunkXXX and it has the high school buzz. This was the TH Seeds (adam dunn) cross of Skunk1 which is notably NOT skunky. "Shiva Skunk" which is an NL Haze x Skunk1, and "'82 Kentucky Skunk" which I never heard of but must have some dank, or it's in the NL Haze.

First impression of the smoke is lung expansion. I just hit a bowl and as I sat there thinking about "I wonder how this is gonna..." the expansion hit critical mass. It is also a good expectorant :ROFLMAO: I cleared out the windpipe for a few minutes then the "cough to get off" high school buzz was there.

I am riding it at the moment and the first thought is that I only have three more reg beans so I have to start thinking about at least taking clones. All three of the skunk clones were tops that took well and have had no issues but I was only planning on keeping one Skunk to play with instead of three. Now it's up in the air because I can only reasonably expect that the one that went a week longer is likely even better. They're still in one gallons, so the one I decide to keep I'll up-pot to get those clones-limbs moving.

I pretty much quit watching Adam Dunn podcasts. Can't stand the guy. Blindest liberal there is with the stupidest world-view I can imagine based on comparing Denmark in the 80's to America all rolled in that left coast mindset. He and his crowd also seem to think that they just need to find the right wording for the regulations to let the state control them - then it's fine. Fuck him. But his beans are good. Two separate things. Keep moms and I don't have to support him monetarily any more LOL

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
OK! The after dinner smoke was the SkunkXXX and it has the high school buzz. This was the TH Seeds (adam dunn) cross of Skunk1 which is notably NOT skunky. "Shiva Skunk" which is an NL Haze x Skunk1, and "'82 Kentucky Skunk" which I never heard of but must have some dank, or it's in the NL Haze.

First impression of the smoke is lung expansion. I just hit a bowl and as I sat there thinking about "I wonder how this is gonna..." the expansion hit critical mass. It is also a good expectorant :ROFLMAO: I cleared out the windpipe for a few minutes then the "cough to get off" high school buzz was there.

I am riding it at the moment and the first thought is that I only have three more reg beans so I have to start thinking about at least taking clones. All three of the skunk clones were tops that took well and have had no issues but I was only planning on keeping one Skunk to play with instead of three. Now it's up in the air because I can only reasonably expect that the one that went a week longer is likely even better. They're still in one gallons, so the one I decide to keep I'll up-pot to get those clones-limbs moving.

I pretty much quit watching Adam Dunn podcasts. Can't stand the guy. Blindest liberal there is with the stupidest world-view I can imagine based on comparing Denmark in the 80's to America all rolled in that left coast mindset. He and his crowd also seem to think that they just need to find the right wording for the regulations to let the state control them - then it's fine. Fuck him. But his beans are good. Two separate things. Keep moms and I don't have to support him monetarily any more LOL
You should look into Serious Seeds if you like his beans. They have some of the same genetics.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You should look into Serious Seeds if you like his beans. They have some of the same genetics.
Actually what I am seeing is that the chem and sour leaning stuff is just my thing. This one is. Smelling the other more skunky smelling one I am more drawn to the chemmy stuff. Just what my nose tells me I'll like. To test that theory I got that Mr. Trees cross with his Pam Anderson and a Kandahar Maruf Red, and his cross that had Chem91. The Afghani description of "foul" should check that box LOL
1655517780157.png
I heard Duke Diamond say that he believes that there is NL Haze in the Chemdog - just his guess. If that's the case, I have about 8 different Mr. Nice strains with a lot of that stuff. I also have some NL from Hillbilly Bob and I'm sure more stuff with NL in it.

When I added this last - and I mean last for a damn WHILE - bean purchase to the spreadsheet I am up to over 100 reg crosses and 1000 reg beans... Also about 300 fems in over 60 flavors. I think I have everything I want now. To be honest the Chemdog and the CLHP are the lynchpins for me. I have only been doing this for a few years and already found two strains I would be happy with if that's all there was. Everything else is gravy.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More stoner thinking. Since the CLHP is readily available and very inexpensive compared to the Chemdog, I shall clone it no more. Every time the tin gets low drop a bean. That will actually be my last bean purchase for a bit. I have 11 CLHP left but I want a long-term supply. Next time @J.James has testers ready to send out I am snagging a few more packs. And yes - I buy stuff that's not testers and I don't even ask for a discount :)

The Chemdog will have to be a clone thing as much as possible.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
SkunkXXX #1 is already a keeper. I have been garden-busy and getting stuff done high as a kite, resetting the garden for fall. I have one "dwarf" cherry that is in a pot that has to go. I limited it to 3 vines and it's about 8 feet tall. Just putting out average cherry tomatoes so it is being planted around for now with some new beefsteaks and such. I dead-headed all three limbs at the top and as soon as the last few tomatoes start turning it goes. For now it's shade for the new ones since there's some scorchers coming up.

I Also cleared out a 3' diameter zucchini that was pumping out flowers and making no fruit. I have about five more ~12" tomatoes I started a month or so ago that aregoing to get planted somewhere but I filled the garden where it will be needed with 6 assorted slicing tomatoes. Trained up some cucumbers and all the other tomatoes. I have a crazy assortment of stuff out there so it'll be cool to see what thrives.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I haven't done any outdoor growing because of bugs, and other reasons. But I had a few flower clones I didn't want to keep and I took the Velvet Heat and just put it in the ground in a shady spot. Basicaly wanting to see if the re-veg happening outside was a viable option (seasonal). With this in the ground since april it went through the one late hard frost. It got a few pitchers of water carried out when it was a baby but I haven't done anything but toss a handfull of castings and a bucket of mulch around it.
IMG_0996.JPG
The thing I have noticed doing the cover-crop garden is that I get a solid dew most mornings. Haven't had a decent rain in a month but the garden hardly needs water. Same thing here.
IMG_0997.JPG
I also started a dozen Comfrey inside this winter and stuck them in various places around the yard. Only one took. But I understand they are hard to eradicate so this is all I'll need. Probably add a few more in this area now that I know.
IMG_0998.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Cleaned up the second SkunkXXX and I think I may have another winner. Since I have three reg beans left they're likely all male... So I have two plants that I really don't need to choose between but was hoping to. Might be a set of clones taken soon to give them a second try. The Bluberskunk is just gonna get flowered out. I have an hour before lights out in the clone tent so I may fuck with that.

The Momma Moonshine/Dechempose tent is about a week out, then I have empty spaces.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Something I have been doing for a final test is kind of a wake-n-bake, but simpler. First thing before making coffee I'll pull a good one hitter. Then I'll leave it at that while I check the garden - give it enough time to settle in and make a final determination on keeping or hashing. This is over three months on these. It didn't brown a bit with age.
IMG_0999.JPG
I decided that if the Bluperskunk doesn't like my growing style of flipping at 4 weeks I don't need to flower the clone and see "what if"... and maybe have it herm anyway. That pack will be likely "run a bunch and see" now which is down a rung from top shelf. It's on the left and compost now. What is crazy is the two skunks middle and right. The moms were almost identical and have the same buzz profile. One is slightly more cheesy than the other but they are curing up really similar. The clones are like two different plants entirely. The right one I could clone now, the other I would have to put under more light or something. But it is a beautiful little shrub!
IMG_1003.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lost one of the DeChempose to nanners at 7 weeks and 4 days, no pollen on any of the areas near the nanners so I don't think any opened.
-1 for Covert Genetics... The other one looks great though. The one I chopped has about 50% milky so there'll be some smoke there. But honestly it's not the pheno I was watching anyway. The darker green one has a kind of sweetness to the harsh chemical nose. Like a specific scented cleaner I can't put a finger on just yet.

I was taking tons of close-ups to check for amber and only got one good room shot. The tents I am still thinking about so there may be updated pics later. That is the Chemdog in the middle and it looks spectacular compared to the first one I ran. But the late-flower tent now only has 4 plants in it.
IMG_1004.JPG
There are still 7 in the other tent. With some rearranging based on height I can almost empty the closet. One of the Momma Moonshine has a lot of leaf ambers up top so that will likely be the one that gets everything rearranged. I'll be dropping beans soon, but first I need to sort the clones. I soaked them this morning but nothing else. I need to decide on cloning, up-potting to delay decisions, up-potting and flipping, or compost.

The Cream from Irie is a known up-pot and flip. It was a mutant with possibilities, but it's just realy good smoke and I can hope there's another girl in the half-pack left, and it's lanky and I don't think will shade anything. Since it's just for more smoke I can supercrop if needed.

The Lemon Tree is over 6 weeks in and has great dank OG smells but no lemon yet. I know the last one did the same and ended up really nice but not lemon at all. But the first was like lemon pledge and was fire. so I know it's in there. I have 6 or 7 left. But I also have slome serious lime dropping next. Funk and foul from a few with the Kandahar and some NL5 crosses, then crosses with both Lime1 and Black Lime Reserve from Mean Gene. Also Mojito from Swamp Boys. In the "run it before it gets too old" category there's a 5-pack of GMO cross regs from Bad Attitude. Those came from the auctions on here a few years ago so I have no clue how old they were before I got them.