The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had a pot of the old soil with a cover crop that I just set outside to go to seed. Only one of the varieties of seed did that so here's my first "harvest" of what I think is alfalfa. That's enough for a cover crop on a few pots, but I can see doing this near or in the garden next season to just make my own seeds for that. The alfalfa can be a good sprout tea as well.
IMG_7389.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Happy about their first night of extra sleep.
IMG_7390.JPG
To see if I could make room I tied up all the limbs on the big BCL, and the two Orgi got half-hoops to corral them a bit. The smaller BCL is finishing quick and needed nothing. I might be able to get three extra plants in here. Getting the limbs pointing vertical I can get them toghter withour stuff tangling up.
IMG_7398.JPG
Both BCL have a blueberry smell now. I sinched up that lazy-eye limb after I took the pic.
IMG_7394.JPG
No complaints about this. All four look like thei'll supply some weight.
IMG_7395.JPG
The Orgi have plump nugs all the way down. And lots of them on the outer limbs of tthe puffball. IMG_7392.JPG
IMG_7393.JPG
Dropped the lights a little for the shorties.
IMG_7402.JPG

My Budderton's Lemon Slush X Babbon Wine middle leaves are now bumping into each other(red arrows) which are now shading my four tops(yellow arrows) Is there anything I am looking for before I take/cut them H.A.F. And would you say it time to start pinching the the tops above them and just leave all the big leaves that aren't blockling light to my 4 tops?
1a.jpg

County Line Hash Plant 1,3 and a Northern Lights have all sprung right up on day 4 from getting wet. CLHP 2 is still thinking about it.
3.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Is there anything I am looking for before I take/cut them H.A.F. And would you say it time to start pinching the the tops above them and just leave all the big leaves that aren't blockling light to my 4 tops?
I would remove those two leaves as soon as they become an issue. Also any tops you are not keeping above that can go. I just pinch them off as soon as I can get to them, and doing a little damage doesn't matter because it'll all be gone shortly. So if you don't have a decent enough thumbnail jamming skizzors in is fine. Something else I just remembered is taking the two tops as soon as there's a good bit of foliage below them. Just snipping them off to focus all the growth on your keepers. 1a.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I flipped those babies in the closet at 24 days instead of 28 I have nothing to look at in the mornings, and less to do.
So I got a piece of shit "not even 2x4" tent rigged for an overflow veg area. I just need to wire the two HLG 135's together and put them on the same driver. For veg I ran them at about half power, so in my mind it should be safe but full power on the driver will only juice the boards to about half power? Comments from actual electricians appreciated. I have both drivers and could plug them both in if that other thing is a stupid idea. Just wanted to have one plug.

But that means I can go ahead and start that process to drop the contest beans with no limitations.

I would remove those two leaves as soon as they become an issue. Also any tops you are not keeping above that can go. I just pinch them off as soon as I can get to them, and doing a little damage doesn't matter because it'll all be gone shortly. So if you don't have a decent enough thumbnail jamming skizzors in is fine. Something else I just remembered is taking the two tops as soon as there's a good bit of foliage below them. Just snipping them off to focus all the growth on your keepers. View attachment 102204
I really like how your manifold is looking H.A.F. (y) All those 4 remaining tops will have a "Main Line" to nutes. I know cannabis plants can trans allocate resources anywhere they are need but I'm sure it has to burn energy to do so. I am really interested to see what kind of tops this produces as I get the feeling they are going to be really nice.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I really like how your manifold is looking H.A.F. (y) All those 4 remaining tops will have a "Main Line" to nutes. I know cannabis plants can trans allocate resources anywhere they are need but I'm sure it has to burn energy to do so. I am really interested to see what kind of tops this produces as I get the feeling they are going to be really nice.
It's still gonna be strain specific. Like I said, I did it for a while back at the beginning of this thread, and was still learning and playing with ideas. If you want to look back and see how I came to those conclusions feel free to check my math. It's all bro-science based on anecdotal evidence.

From what I have see you end up with 4 exact replicas of what the top would have looked like as a tree. Same size and weight, no larf.

Since I flipped those babies in the closet at 24 days instead of 28 I have nothing to look at in the mornings, and less to do.
So I got a piece of shit "not even 2x4" tent rigged for an overflow veg area. I just need to wire the two HLG 135's together and put them on the same driver. For veg I ran them at about half power, so in my mind it should be safe but full power on the driver will only juice the boards to about half power? Comments from actual electricians appreciated. I have both drivers and could plug them both in if that other thing is a stupid idea. Just wanted to have one plug.

But that means I can go ahead and start that process to drop the contest beans with no limitations.
I got bored to and decided to unbox and set up 2 MAXSISUN Mother Fu.... MF 2000's over BCL 1,2 and OrgiBX2. They will be my test monkeys to make sure 1400 samsung diodes powered by 460 Watts from Meanwell drivers in a 3 X 3 is a good idea or not.
BCL OrgiBX New Lights.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got bored to and decided to unbox and set up 2 MAXSISUN Mother Fu.... MF 2000's over BCL 1,2 and OrgiBX2. They will be my test monkeys to make sure 1400 samsung diodes powered by 460 Watts from Meanwell drivers in a 3 X 3 is a good idea or not.
I still have my mini tent for the seedlings so I don't need the veg tent for a few weeks. Might not need it at all if I jam the closet plants in the tent.

That's all depending on if either of the two regs pop male. That should sort itself out before I'm done in the mini tent, and the first BCL might be close to harvest then as well.

So I said fuck it. I've had pretty good karma with this shit so far- ride it over the cliff I say!!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I may be on to something...
IMG_7408.JPG
Instead of using a cardboard tip I just stuck it on a funnel and started packing the cone. some fell out the bottom to start, but eventually a clump stuck. I packed the butt end before I twisted it.

Here's what my epiphany was - it doesn't un-twist like a regular joint at the end, and you don't get that cardboard terp from the tip.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am loving this tent. I think removing the big fan leaves helped a little. I dialed up the lights to about 80%. (four 135w boards.)
I pull the front plants out every time I water, so I went ahead and propped them up.
Instead of tying things to a cloth pot (easy to break limbs) I just put spreader bars on the manifold limbs.
IMG_7422.JPG
The ladybugs find a place they like and hang out, but some actually prowl around the leaves. The biggest surprise is that they are still hanging around and not crunchy things on the floor. But I hear the most active feeders are the newly hatched ladybugs. I am looking into ladybugs now to find out where the eggs are gonna end up and if I need to watch the mulch, the cover crop or the leaves for babies. IMG_7423.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The journey begins. I have a shotglass of worm castings in the bottom of each cup, poked a hole in the seed-starter soil and sprinkled VAM endo mico's, then added beauvaria bassiana to the spray water I used to get them going. Heat mat, a bunch of water in thebottom so it stays humid and a heat mat under the tent.
IMG_7425.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
The journey begins. I have a shotglass of worm castings in the bottom of each cup, poked a hole in the seed-starter soil and sprinkled VAM endo mico's, then added beauvaria bassiana to the spray water I used to get them going. Heat mat, a bunch of water in thebottom so it stays humid and a heat mat under the tent.

Damn looks nice and organized! You reminded me I need some solo cups I ran out so I used what I had on hand but want to get them in some media ASAP I best run and buy some during lunch time

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The solo cups they sell at the store, and the clear cups do not fit together right because of the proprietary square bottom that Solo has... I do the cup-in-cup method just so I can see the roots.

I found a set of generics that nest nicely, and also some slightly smaller clear cups that work for a dome if I am not filling a propagator. These smaller ones (8oz) is the same thing.