The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh yes... I want a better than average chance at seeing that kfc pheno so I figured I better make it a 3 piece.
Something I just happened to read in a seed desciption was that "this cross delivers the expected 1-3-1 phenotypes" which is 1 like mom, 1 like dad, and three with a good mix. Then it described what the mix produced.

Makes sense.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Something I just happened to read in a seed desciption was that "this cross delivers the expected 1-3-1 phenotypes" which is 1 like mom, 1 like dad, and three with a good mix. Then it described what the mix produced.

Makes sense.
Just pontificating, obviously that doesn't account for dominant strains. Like they say anything bred with Deep Chunk or Runtz or some others are going to come out like that dominant strain most of the time.

I wonder where that would put S1's where the mom is the dad?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everyone got their Thanksgiving dinner. 0ppm water! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :ROFLMAO:
I was gonna flip these yesterday but I just can't. But since we can drop the contest beans saturday that seems a good day to do everything.
IMG_7365.JPG
I think having the cover crops is making a big difference on the ladybugs hanging around. They are lazy and I would never pay money to get some for predator purposes, but free ones seem fine.
IMG_7360.JPG
And I'm glad I didn't auto-cull the Querkle. all that growth where nanners would usually show up is just extra flower.
IMG_7362.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The tester tent is on fire. 2 crosses, 4 very different plants, all seem to be killing it.
IMG_7370.JPG
Briscoe County Line - Boo-berry cereal version
IMG_7366.JPG
Briscoe County Line - citrus diesel version - chunky and faster ripening.
IMG_7367.JPG
Orgi BX - strawberry Bubblicious version - triploid, looks to be the longest flowering, still just one or two brown pistils right on top of a few flowers.
IMG_7368.JPG
Orgi BX - orange 'looks like a cactus" version.
IMG_7369.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Zaphod420 Here is the pruning I did on the manifold (half of it at least). What you are wanting is tops, so I primarily keep the stuff that sprouts after flip. Any sprouts that get big enough to open a set of leaves is going. Once pistils pop you stop unless it's a real stretcher. It's about really focusing the bud growth.

I took the 4 leaves that were crowding in the center all scrunched up (2 yellow arrows), then I pinched all four sprouts at that node. Since I just flipped I may be keeping everything else, but this is how it starts. I may keep those outer fan leaves until harvest.
IMG_7373.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you were vegging longer keeping those lower sprouts cleaned off is all you do. Keep the fan leaves if they aren't in the way, prune them if they are.
It ain't rocket surgery.

And once you do it you'll play around with different ideas.

@Zaphod420 Here is the pruning I did on the manifold (half of it at least). What you are wanting is tops, so I primarily keep the stuff that sprouts after flip. Any sprouts that get big enough to open a set of leaves is going. Once pistils pop you stop unless it's a real stretcher. It's about really focusing the bud growth.

I took the 4 leaves that were crowding in the center all scrunched up (2 yellow arrows), then I pinched all four sprouts at that node. Since I just flipped I may be keeping everything else, but this is how it starts. I may keep those outer fan leaves until harvest.
View attachment 102071
Perfect pics and very easy to follow instructions H.A.F. All 3 of my Lemon Slush X Baboon Wine plants are going to be sporting this manifold of yours. (y)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Perfect pics and very easy to follow instructions H.A.F. All 3 of my Lemon Slush X Baboon Wine plants are going to be sporting this manifold of yours. (y)
Ain't mine. You basically lollypop them a little at a time until flip. i leave the fan leaves because they don't take as much as they give but it's the same theory.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All my manifold cut LSBW are plugged in and looking good. I did ad lib a bit on the one in the back left seeing the 2 sprouts above the 3 leafs looked better than the sprouts above them on the next node (one was gimpy) so I just started there.
View attachment 102095
Yeah, runty ones aren't great. I tried just tying down three to keep the runt the same height and they were always tiny compared to the rest at the end.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just ground up my last two nugs of Sangria Cookies from Hillbilly Bob at CLG. This was from January, and it still smelled like new. Fermented fruit leaning more towards the sweet than the sour. First fruity strain that has rung my bell a few times with the one-hitters. I am not big on the GSC forum cut I have. It's pleasant but doesn't really thrill me. But so far I have loved everything it touched.

This is now on my list of "run again soon" unless something in the tent now fills the bill. Very pleasant smoke, tasty, smells like you want to eat it, and it's potent.

I only have 5 beans left but luckily they are fems. Next bean will definitely be a longer veg. Maybe a bigger pot. Might have to incorporate one corner of each tent for a re-grow that is on it's own cycle from the rest.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Went ahead and flipped the veg closet. A little over three weeks. but they loook healthy. I have heard that flipping too early will cause herms but I have also heard about "root-and-fruit" being a viable option for seed plants. Get them rooted well and flip. Many small plants instead of a few big ones. Sounds perfect for the contest.

So I'll be sacrificing a little weight on the three plants but all I want is a good taste to see what I want bulk of later.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Trying to incorporate a little of the old soil into the mix so I have enough to get the contest plants to flip. I had three 5g pots with worms and everything, another 5 of the original BaS mix that wasn't used yet, and an 8g tote of FFHF that had been organic and mushroom-y.

Added some craft blend and frass, some bokashi and mixed it up. soaked everything then topped it with a layer of castings, a layer of compost and the rice hulls and soaked those. The big pots are great for mixing soil inside. I have half a 60g cooking until I need to up-pot.
IMG_7382.JPG
When it's time I'll mix it all together again with the rice hulls aerating a bit. This is how I keep it from being a litter box 😁 (they come in a 2-pack)
IMG_7386.JPG