The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
"I mean, they're not gonna kill ya so if you give 'em a quick short, sharp, shock they won't do it again. Dig it?
I mean he got off lightly, 'cause I could've given him a thrashing. I only hit him once!
It was only a difference of opinion, but really I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?"

m4s73r

The Laziest
These are my favourite ones, keeps things interesting after the boring same ol same old. I don’t even pick my runs anymore because I’m so bored with everything. I’ve always got something in testing phase since I’m always looking for interesting and unique plants.
After 10 years growing I FEEL this. LOL I tell my wife all the time that growing is now more of a chore than a hobby. Ive only ever done fem seeds, so Im kinda excited to try breeding. Just cant decide what cultivar to get to find males from. I kinda wish that we could shop for seeds based on how they are breed. Meaning soil, hydro, indoor, outdoor, training ect. In the prior page I saw it was mentioned about Terrain effecting wine flavor. I totally believe this can be held true to Cannabis as well. id love to buy seeds from a breeder that does indoor, led lights, organic soil. To have strains that are bred in this environment would be steller.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After 10 years growing I FEEL this. LOL I tell my wife all the time that growing is now more of a chore than a hobby. Ive only ever done fem seeds, so Im kinda excited to try breeding. Just cant decide what cultivar to get to find males from. I kinda wish that we could shop for seeds based on how they are breed. Meaning soil, hydro, indoor, outdoor, training ect. In the prior page I saw it was mentioned about Terrain effecting wine flavor. I totally believe this can be held true to Cannabis as well. id love to buy seeds from a breeder that does indoor, led lights, organic soil. To have strains that are bred in this environment would be steller.
I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and hearing the breeders talking about what they breed for, how they grow etc. I've only been doing this 3-4 years, and I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I have a few strains on my 'go to' list, but I keep finding more so the bean-bank just gets bigger.

I'm figuring out that I like the dank over the fruity and Chemdog is probably top of the list so far. The Chem's from Humbolt CSI are both up my alley.
The County Line Hashplant from @J.James has a sour, fried chicken, eleven herbs and spices smell and taste and fucks me up pretty good. His Homecoming Queen is like pine and incense and another top shelf.

The 007up from Swamp Boys is a STELLAR buzz, but they grow hydro and their seeds are shit. Out of 6 dropped I got 2 duds, a male, 2 mutants and a runt that flowered out. Just got a mutant out of the replacement pack because the first pack was not worth the $$...

Cookies doesn't really thrill me but I can smoke it like cigarettes and enjoy it. Zkittles has a really happy buzz.

Anyway, I'm still learning. Growing out something from a lot of breeders now to see if there are any that grow what I like to smoke. I'll be growing a mix of old and new eventually with stuff I know I like and the hunt for the next one.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@m4s73r the avacado tech is just feeding the worms in the pot. Mash up avocado, banana and or other worm food and stuff it in the shell, then put the shell upside down on the pot. Worms thrive under it and make lots of high-test castings and lots of baby worms. I switched to little bowls so I don't need to buy avocado, but in a bed your size you could use a big melon or something.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and hearing the breeders talking about what they breed for, how they grow etc. I've only been doing this 3-4 years, and I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I have a few strains on my 'go to' list, but I keep finding more so the bean-bank just gets bigger.

I'm figuring out that I like the dank over the fruity and Chemdog is probably top of the list so far. The Chem's from Humbolt CSI are both up my alley.
The County Line Hashplant from @J.James has a sour, fried chicken, eleven herbs and spices smell and taste and fucks me up pretty good. His Homecoming Queen is like pine and incense and another top shelf.

The 007up from Swamp Boys is a STELLAR buzz, but they grow hydro and their seeds are shit. Out of 6 dropped I got 2 duds, a male, 2 mutants and a runt that flowered out. Just got a mutant out of the replacement pack because the first pack was not worth the $$...

Cookies doesn't really thrill me but I can smoke it like cigarettes and enjoy it. Zkittles has a really happy buzz.

Anyway, I'm still learning. Growing out something from a lot of breeders now to see if there are any that grow what I like to smoke. I'll be growing a mix of old and new eventually with stuff I know I like and the hunt for the next one.
Ill be honest, I live in a state that just got Medical legalized so I am not familiar with much. I still buy from The 'tude. Recently a friend brought me buy a GG#4x GSC. I grew clones of it for awhile. 2 member of my family have degenerative disk disease. I have it in my neck and step dad has it in his back. So we are into good pain relief cultivar. I will say we both like Northern Lights Blue from Delicious seeds for pain relief. This is why I am wanting to get into breeding. Im ready to make cultivars specifically for my application.

@m4s73r the avacado tech is just feeding the worms in the pot. Mash up avocado, banana and or other worm food and stuff it in the shell, then put the shell upside down on the pot. Worms thrive under it and make lots of high-test castings and lots of baby worms. I switched to little bowls so I don't need to buy avocado, but in a bed your size you could use a big melon or something.
Funny you say that, The beds just got a pumpkin treat. I took the tops off the pumkins, hollowed out the top of them a little then buried all but the stem in the soil. With as much as i chop the cover crop that grows, im confidant the worms are getting plenty of food. In my beds if you lift a rock, worms everywhere lol.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Funny you say that, The beds just got a pumpkin treat. I took the tops off the pumkins, hollowed out the top of them a little then buried all but the stem in the soil. With as much as i chop the cover crop that grows, im confidant the worms are getting plenty of food. In my beds if you lift a rock, worms everywhere lol.
The little cups last me about 2 weeks and it's not just the food. That's also a little humidor for them to hang out and have little worm orgys. But like the pumpkin, I'm trying to miniatureize stuff to keep the same system going.

m4s73r

The Laziest
The little cups last me about 2 weeks and it's not just the food. That's also a little humidor for them to hang out and have little worm orgys. But like the pumpkin, I'm trying to miniaturize stuff to keep the same system going.
Im going to have to do that in my other bed since its new and i only put a handful of worms in. I always worry about there being too many worms in the beds. But I dont run too many red wigglers. I have those in a worm bin. I mainly stick with the European night-crawlers since they are a more of mid range dweller that eats larger pieces. I find them in the root mass most of the time. They are great if your someone that lifts pots and moves pots around as they can help prevent compaction.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Im going to have to do that in my other bed since its new and i only put a handful of worms in. I always worry about there being too many worms in the beds. But I dont run too many red wigglers. I have those in a worm bin. I mainly stick with the European night-crawlers since they are a more of mid range dweller that eats larger pieces. I find them in the root mass most of the time. They are great if your someone that lifts pots and moves pots around as they can help prevent compaction.
I have both worms in both. I bought red wigglers to get started, then added stuff from the yard into the bin. They reproduce quick, but they die too, I am pretty sure they maintain a consistent population once they reach that density.

I have a quadrant of the pot that has the worm feeder and no cover crop. I move them around a little but I am limited because of the cover crop. I think nextg feed I'll do that and see what happens.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mojito mutant and the other bagseed are gone. Everything got a 1qt dose of recharge regardless of plant size. The little ones here were pretty light. If my luck holds all three regs will be girls.
IMG_7267.JPG
The only cull in here being the one plant I dropped two of to make sure I got a girl - that's just good karma. Rearranged by height and I don't remember what's where...
IMG_7285.JPG
And these are now obviously 4 phenos. BCL left, Orgi right, 4 different tops.
The rear BCL with the light smell resembles the front Orgi with the citrus scent.
IMG_7270.JPG

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Room conditions definitely affect the final product, I have a few friends I share my creations with and they both end up with different destinations from the same cuts, I’ve tried to explain to them that they can’t duplicate my results unless they copy my parameters. They of course don’t nit pick vpd like I do along with watching their metabolism, it’s really a fascinating thing watching them ramp up in perfect conditions. Small changes in environmental conditions dictate many different aspects in the final product, taste, structure, colours, potency. I prefer no Co2 and fresh air that’s 20c colder than the room, and keeping the RH around 35-40% from week 5-8 helps get them really frosty, and negative pressure helps bring out the trichomes too.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I use a cup of oatmeal, cornmeal and 1/4 cup egg shells put into a bullet blender until a fine powder toss in some banana peels blend until a paste spread a little and your worms will go ballistic increases their loving feeling too... I omit the banana peels and sprinkle in my worm bins then mist with water worm party on! They almost walk upright lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Room conditions definitely affect the final product, I have a few friends I share my creations with and they both end up with different destinations from the same cuts, I’ve tried to explain to them that they can’t duplicate my results unless they copy my parameters. They of course don’t nit pick vpd like I do along with watching their metabolism, it’s really a fascinating thing watching them ramp up in perfect conditions. Small changes in environmental conditions dictate many different aspects in the final product, taste, structure, colours, potency. I prefer no Co2 and fresh air that’s 20c colder than the room, and keeping the RH around 35-40% from week 5-8 helps get them really frosty, and negative pressure helps bring out the trichomes too.
I take that elevator to a different floor. I use domes for seeds but that's about my only crutch. I have a spare bedroom where everything is, and the house stays in the 72f range. I moved all the drivers out of my tents to drop temps, and my humidity is in the 40-60 range year round. I dialed in my lights to about 80% power, found the right exhaust setting to keep temps good, and now other than raising and lowering lights I don't do much.

They are living in my terrior - which is close enough even though it ain't perfect.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I use a cup of oatmeal, cornmeal and 1/4 cup egg shells put into a bullet blender until a fine powder toss in some banana peels blend until a paste spread a little and your worms will go ballistic increases their loving feeling too... I omit the banana peels and sprinkle in my worm bins then mist with water worm party on! They almost walk upright lol
I definitely buy a few worm treats in the produce section. I think mixing everything up is the best option since I am reusing the soil. The ones in my bin get a larger variety but the main thing they always get is cannabis leftovers. I dry out culled males and stuff from regular pruning and use it with paper for the new bedding.

I scraped the mulch layer off the two new pots in my veg room which was mostly rice hulls and I stuck that as the next layer of bedding in the worm bin. They went nuts like I fed them tomatoes. So I am sticking with that as my mulch layer from now on. Really easy to work with compared to straw and it doesn't mold like straw can.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I take that elevator to a different floor. I use domes for seeds but that's about my only crutch. I have a spare bedroom where everything is, and the house stays in the 72f range. I moved all the drivers out of my tents to drop temps, and my humidity is in the 40-60 range year round. I dialed in my lights to about 80% power, found the right exhaust setting to keep temps good, and now other than raising and lowering lights I don't do much.

They are living in my terrior - which is close enough even though it ain't perfect.
For me Local terror has never been more apparent than this season I grew a bunch of clones off same mom I gave 4 to each of my 6 friends they all live within 100 miles of me all grown outside half grew them in the ground the others including mine were in pots it was amazing to see how different they looked different amounts of sun and nutrients most tasted "similar" but not exactly the same

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I tried fermenting a few things so far with mixed results.

Aloe is the easiest since it's mostly water to start with, just that and brown sugar in the dark for a month. I use a mason jar, but I use a coffee filter for the lid so there's air exchange. I strain it and use about a tsp per gallon when I water with aloe. I also take a decent sized leaf off the aloe plant and stick that in the blender fresh. Add some LAB culture and bubble it for the afternoon before watering that evening.

The other thing I did that I'm saving for bad bugs was peppermint. I snagged a bunch of flowereing tops and packed them in sugar but after a day or so I had to add a little water to get the process moving. Now it smells exactly like acetone or nail polish remover. Crazy stuff.

That drove me to the obvious next step. Use weed.

I am dropping three sets of 6 regs shortly and I'll eventually be culling a bunch. I want to try a large batch of fermented weed to then use as plant food. I don't know about using males for that because of the different hormones in the plant - and superstition... But I'll either be culling some females, or pruning off lots of lower stuff to make more girls fit. I'm going to try fermenting that.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For me Local terror has never been more apparent than this season I grew a bunch of clones off same mom I gave 4 to each of my 6 friends they all live within 100 miles of me all grown outside half grew them in the ground the others including mine were in pots it was amazing to see how different they looked different amounts of sun and nutrients most tasted "similar" but not exactly the same
I saw that with the ChemD auto (freebie) from Ethos, and the ChemD S1 from CSI Humbolt. I now know I have tasted legitimate ChemD because the resemblance is unmistakable - but the reg is ten times the plant the auto was. And the buzz was more face-punch.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member

I love this, what’s that adage about prisoners ruling the prison?
All kidding aside, I have to do that because that’s the difference between someone walking or copping.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
I tried fermenting a few things so far with mixed results.

Aloe is the easiest since it's mostly water to start with, just that and brown sugar in the dark for a month. I use a mason jar, but I use a coffee filter for the lid so there's air exchange. I strain it and use about a tsp per gallon when I water with aloe. I also take a decent sized leaf off the aloe plant and stick that in the blender fresh. Add some LAB culture and bubble it for the afternoon before watering that evening.

The other thing I did that I'm saving for bad bugs was peppermint. I snagged a bunch of flowereing tops and packed them in sugar but after a day or so I had to add a little water to get the process moving. Now it smells exactly like acetone or nail polish remover. Crazy stuff.

That drove me to the obvious next step. Use weed.

I am dropping three sets of 6 regs shortly and I'll eventually be culling a bunch. I want to try a large batch of fermented weed to then use as plant food. I don't know about using males for that because of the different hormones in the plant - and superstition... But I'll either be culling some females, or pruning off lots of lower stuff to make more girls fit. I'm going to try fermenting that.
The mash from my bubble bags gets spread in my front flower beds and I dump the water in there as well, I also use this treatment for my Lilacs and they go ape shit.