The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@TreeFarmerCharlie
Fat joint and another idea popped up.
If it is terrior, and the skunk weed we got originated in that region of the Appalacians, how long would it take for your soil to change the genetic presentation of a strain? Like if you planted some of those skunky beans from a skunky plant in your soil, then bred it for more beans, how long would it take to lose the expression?

What if it was nothing but breeding the right beans in the wrong place? And if 'finding' it was more about location than the particular strain?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
@TreeFarmerCharlie
If it is terrior, and the skunk weed we got originated in that region of the Appalacians, how long would it take for your soil to change the genetic presentation of a strain? Like if you planted some of those skunky beans from a skunky plant in your soil, then bred it for more beans, how long would it take to lose the expression?

What if it was nothing but breeding the right beans in the wrong place? And if 'finding' it was more about location than the particular strain?
Yeah, it’s an interesting topic for sure

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
@TreeFarmerCharlie

I did mess up some by only breeding the earliest plants eventually the buds & plants became smaller they finished the end of August--1st week of September in those days we had heavy frost early September the stink remained though...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Zaphod420 - here's another trick I figger'd out for the manifold building.
Before
IMG_7230.JPG
And after removing the two leaves that are pointing in and covering the center.
IMG_7231 - Copy.JPG
The two sprouts next to the red circles are my 4 tops, nothing else above that matters. But instead of topping and losing all that growth power I am going to start removing stuff until those 4 tertiary branches look self sustaining. Next I'll pinch off the tops and any sprouts above those 4 that get big enough, just leaving the big solar panels until I top - which will be at the node I removed the two leaves from.
IMG_7232.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Trasplanting early didn't seem to hurt. I think taproot's may have found bottoms because the growth is starting again. I think I am goint to keep the bagseed on the right just because I may have a few radishes ready by harvest as well :ROFLMAO: I may flip all of these early - maybe three weeks on the 24th - instead of waiting the extra week. I have more beans of all and want a taste, but I have 18 beans ready to drop on the first and I need to make room. After that I'll be back to liesure growing. This can be a "see what happens" grow. I think this might help the plants do better in the smaller pots.
IMG_7236.JPG
The Mojito is sink or swim. It is still putting out top growth but nothing resembling a leaf yet...
IMG_7238.JPG
The Creature Panic from Solfire has a second set of three-toes. So growing faster might not mean maturing faster. Nice sprouts starting.
IMG_7240.JPG
The Truffles from Aficianado
IMG_7241.JPG
And the CTZ from Riot. This is an eleven+ week strain that calls for light feeding throughout the grow, so I think the living soil thing will work well.
IMG_7242.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Zaphod420 - on the manifold/mainline thingy, those 4 sprouts could be grown out, tied down, topped again, whatever. The other thing to do is keep the stems clean of lower sprouts until you flip. As soon as they are big enough to open leaves I snip them.

Flipping early it should grow like the other 4-tops and need very little training.

@Zaphod420 - on the manifold/mainline thingy, those 4 sprouts could be grown out, tied down, topped again, whatever. The other thing to do is keep the stems clean of lower sprouts until you flip. As soon as they are big enough to open leaves I snip them.

Flipping early it should grow like the other 4-tops and need very little training.
I have 3 of Budderton's Lemon Slush X Baboon Wine regs coming up and I'm totally going to give your manifold technique a shot H.A.F. (y)
That should make it a breeze to manage them in a 3 X 3 until they get sexed and really easy if any of them turn out to be male.
LS X BW 1,2,3 D19.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got some top shots to sort through to see if any are good. I don't turn fans off for pics because my stoner ass forgets to turn them back on.
But I wanted to get this jotted down before I forgot. I molested underneath a few lower nugs to really get a good stem rub.
Clockwise from the back left
- BCL with a somewhat fruity sweet smell. Nothing much yet, same bud structure as the other taller BCL
- Orgi with a strong fruity bubblegum smell, maybe the Goji OG? Hairs are still Guy Fieri and no sign of turning at a quick glance. More compact and the buds don't show the same density or structure as the front one.
- Orgi that is straight citrus. Pistils are curly and sparse enough that you can see the 'meat' of the flower. Like a cactus.
- BCL that is taller is BLUEBERRY!!! I can't see any other difference between the two besides stature. One is a mini-me of the other, but without the strong blueberry.
IMG_7260.JPG