The James Gang

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
We already covered that. the 'manifold' is the specific 8-top that fans out from the first two limbs (the instruction pic) instead of repeated topping which is 'mainlining' the nutes directly from the trunk up an equal path to every top.
Are you sure you didn’t type that backwards? If not then I’ve had it backwards. I thought “mainline” was the specific 8-top and “manifold” is when you just top and pin down in a manifold pattern?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Are you sure you didn’t type that backwards? If not then I’ve had it backwards. I thought “mainline” was the specific 8-top and “manifold” is when you just top and pin down in a manifold pattern?
It started with this (at least documented) - Main-Lining Tutorial on Training Marijuana Plants | Grow Weed Easy
which says mainlining is that first topping keeping only two nodes then working that mainline into a hub or manifold.

This came later and was a specific manifold based on the theory in the first one - Nebula's Easy Manifold (Cannabis "Main-Lining" Tutorial) | Grow Weed Easy

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't like the Nebula one because the inner 4 limbs are usually smaller than the ones on the end. I have done all of them and variations of those based on bordome and "lets see what we can fuck with next!" :ROFLMAO:

The 4-top CBD plant is none of those though. There are two limbs from node 3 and two from node 4. then a topping.
This method of just keeping a few tops worked much better for timing and a quick flip, generally they were equal but sometimes there were runty limbs. But there was no training required, and you could still flip at 4 weeks.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything looks fine in the morning. I don't mess with stuff in that room much when the flower tents are lights-out so they'll get situated in the new homes tonight
IMG_7168.JPG
The Sweet Cindy don't look sweet. Bigger cup to give her time to recover and more root room. Added some compost and worm castings to the bottome so it has some refreshments... but I doubt she'll see a pot.
IMG_7170.JPG
The Mojito never broke soil. After 3 days I dug in the soil and found a little curly-Q of root with the leaves open. I just adjusted it so the leaves were above ground and left it. Based on the 007up experience Swamp Boys has a shit germination rate. No matter how good the smoke is be ready for that and adjust expectations accordingly.
IMG_7171.JPG
But they don't take any room so there's no sense killing them.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I put up a list of current dank and forgot to list the Vin Santo. @J.James just mentioned it on a different thread, and I have grown out four girls. The first was almost black-purple top to bottom from mid flower and the buds (left) kept it during the cure. The second batch was my first living soil grow, so I can't make a apples to apples comparison. None of the three had much purple. One did and you can see a few nugs on the right.
As far as I can tell there is no difference in them except potency. The purple ones are "sit down first" if you're hitting a bong or pipe. The lighter one still has the high, but you don't get the initial body-rush as reliably in a one hitter.
.IMG_7178.JPG
But that lack of face-punch makes the big batch perfect for a chillum. Very fuelly on the taste, and sharp smoke. Not harsh enough to make yoyu cough but it has that bite.

"Vin Santo is a queen among hybrids, delivering powerful trance-like effects with a sweet grape wine flavor. This balanced hybrid descends from the two renowned lines that are quickly gaining legendary status among cannabis breeders. Vin Santo’s happy, euphoric relaxation branches out in full-body effects that later ease into deep restfulness conducive for sleep. Patients treating stress, pain, and nausea can benefit from Vin Santo’s potent relief, but less seasoned consumers should take caution with this hard-hitter and growers are recommended an 8 to 10 week flowering time for their indoor plants.

** The Oilspill Male used in this cross was an F4 Fuel Line that was preserved by members of Overgrow.com"

Yup!

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got these just at lights out
IMG_7183.JPG
These only lost a few more fan leaves and that's likely it.
IMG_7180.JPG
I have had ladybugs in the tent before and they all died in a few days even though there was plenty of gnats for them to eat. This time there's no bugs and they are still hanging out. I think the cover crop might be the difference.
IMG_7181.JPG
So far so good on the babies. I left cups over them overnight to ease the transition and they looked perky this morning. The Creature Panic is the only one that went directly to a just harvested pot with the existing cover crop left. I added a few more seeds but it's basically a cut-n-paste into the old pot.
IMG_7179.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On the Creature Panic pot I did add worm castings and compost to the top so it wasn't just going into a depleted pot. I just raked it in a little then added new rice hulls

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Tonight everything got RO with 1/2tsp/gal of freeze dried coconut water powder. 3 gallons watered all 12 and I had some leftover.
BCL (left) Orgi (right) Definitely similar structure, the buds on the BCL have more pistils per square whatever than the Orgi (if that makes sense) and are more pointy than rounded on top.
IMG_7191.JPG
IMG_7193.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh, and the lower canopy on the BCL is starting to turn so I'm looking at 3-4 weeks left. It's been 4 weeks so that should make it an 8-ish week strain. Didn't see anything yet on the Orgi.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking at the 8-plant tent. I need to remember that I am just trying to get a good taste of everything. If I get a bumper crop fine but I am still just trying everything in the seedbank to see what I like and want more of. I have beans left of almost everything and can go for weight before I run out.
The 8 plants are gonna get tight unless I take more limbs - which I prefer over binding them up. I also need to remember that I get to check 8 strains off the list and file the packs in whatever category they deserve.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Looking at the 8-plant tent. I need to remember that I am just trying to get a good taste of everything. If I get a bumper crop fine but I am still just trying everything in the seedbank to see what I like and want more of. I have beans left of almost everything and can go for weight before I run out.
The 8 plants are gonna get tight unless I take more limbs - which I prefer over binding them up. I also need to remember that I get to check 8 strains off the list and file the packs in whatever category they deserve.
IMO it's your tent, your grow do what ever you want/need I am slowly moving that direction too I have my favorites but there are so many strains to try and growing big bushes takes to much time and space I even been trying to shorten my outdoor trees these days no more 20ft trees.....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
but there are so many strains to try
I was just sorting through stuff and this is the list of just regs I haven't tried yet... Either haven't dropped or haven't gotten a girl.

84 Pepe Le Pew
92 Grape Musk
Bad Attitude
Chemberry Crippler
Chinook Haze
Chocolate Thai Zkittles
County Line Diesel
County Ticket
Double Dawg Biscuits F2
Dreamtime
God's Gift
Headband Cookies
Kilimanjaro
La Niña
Lemony Wicked
Mango Widow
Mojito
N.H.S
Nigerian Bubblegum
Nigerian Goji
NIgerian Skunk
Oilspill F5
Orange Blossom Special
Pig Whistle
Pink Floyd
Purple Jabba (Old Fam Purp x Jabbas Stash)
Purple Jelly Pie
Queens Sangria
Rock Island Rocket F1
Sin City Juice
Sky Cuddler Kush
Sour Hebrew National
Step Child
Sweet Cindy
The Stones
TL;DR
Trufflez

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have about the same number of packs that I've already tried, and I "only" have about 20 strains of fems I haven't run, but those are easy to check off the list.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I was just sorting through stuff and this is the list of just regs I haven't tried yet... Either haven't dropped or haven't gotten a girl.

84 Pepe Le Pew
92 Grape Musk
Bad Attitude
Chemberry Crippler
Chinook Haze
Chocolate Thai Zkittles
County Line Diesel
County Ticket
Double Dawg Biscuits F2
Dreamtime
God's Gift
Headband Cookies
Kilimanjaro
La Niña
Lemony Wicked
Mango Widow
Mojito
N.H.S
Nigerian Bubblegum
Nigerian Goji
NIgerian Skunk
Oilspill F5
Orange Blossom Special
Pig Whistle
Pink Floyd
Purple Jabba (Old Fam Purp x Jabbas Stash)
Purple Jelly Pie
Queens Sangria
Rock Island Rocket F1
Sin City Juice
Sky Cuddler Kush
Sour Hebrew National
Step Child
Sweet Cindy
The Stones
TL;DR
Trufflez
That is quite a list of potential fire!!! Going to look up pink Floyd strain I am a huge fan....My problem has been I made clones with every seed drop then felt obligated to grow them in case they expressed something different it's taken me way to long to get down the list lol...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That is quite a list of potential fire!!! Going to look up pink Floyd strain I am a huge fan....My problem has been I made clones with every seed drop then felt obligated to grow them in case they expressed something different it's taken me way to long to get down the list lol...
That's exactly why I refuse to take clones yet, no matter what.

The Pink Floyd is one of the Mr. Nice strains. 25% Afghan, 25% Skunk, and 50% Haze

I think the names are the only thing 'fancy' about his stuff so far. Lots of old school Sensi Seedbank type stuff in different mixes. I split an order with @J.James that his dad had placed before he passed. Apparently they found the order a long while later and contacted him after not recieving payment, so I assume dad was a great customer and their customer service eventually caught up.

I got several half-packs of strains from them to try and the crosses all look like:
  • Mango Haze x Afghan Skunk "sativa leaning hybrid"
  • A selection including Skunk, NL, Haze, and Afghan.
  • Early Pearl with Skunk #1
  • Mullumbimby Madness x Black Widow
  • NL/Haze/Skunk x Brazilian/South Indian
  • 75% Skunk 25% NL5 Haze
  • 25% Afghan, 25% Skunk, and 50% Haze
  • Master Kush side of strains. Bringing the double Haze male

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think in about a year I could drop everything once then probably another half a year to re-drop what was male.

That's assuming I don't drop any fems (not happening) and that I don't buy any more beans (also not happening)

But I am retired. I was watching Band of Brothers on Veterans Day and this hit me as the perfect representation of where I am now
View attachment Band.of.Brothers.E02.2001_Trim.mp4

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
That's exactly why I refuse to take clones yet, no matter what.

The Pink Floyd is one of the Mr. Nice strains. 25% Afghan, 25% Skunk, and 50% Haze

I think the names are the only thing 'fancy' about his stuff so far. Lots of old school Sensi Seedbank type stuff in different mixes. I split an order with @J.James that his dad had placed before he passed. Apparently they found the order a long while later and contacted him after not recieving payment, so I assume dad was a great customer and their customer service eventually caught up.

I got several half-packs of strains from them to try and the crosses all look like:
  • Mango Haze x Afghan Skunk "sativa leaning hybrid"
  • A selection including Skunk, NL, Haze, and Afghan.
  • Early Pearl with Skunk #1
  • Mullumbimby Madness x Black Widow
  • NL/Haze/Skunk x Brazilian/South Indian
  • 75% Skunk 25% NL5 Haze
  • 25% Afghan, 25% Skunk, and 50% Haze
  • Master Kush side of strains. Bringing the double Haze male
I have never grown any of Mr nice gear I came close to ordering a couple times, The last couple seasons I have been trying to get my grubby hands on some early pearl have you grown any of the EP-skunk crosses before HAF?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have never grown any of Mr nice gear I came close to ordering a couple times, The last couple seasons I have been trying to get my grubby hands on some early pearl have you grown any of the EP-skunk crosses before HAF?
I did one plant of the Early Skunk and it was meh... I think most of that gear is for hunting rather than being homogenous. Grow a closet full and pick the one you want.