The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I burn a lot of fallen limbs, but now that I have the natural growing thing going when I see something like this from the top of a 100+ yr old oak It goes into the compost pile.
IMG_6764.JPG IMG_6766.JPG
Jarred a little bit of Freakshow. This was the runt.
IMG_6754.JPG
Someone asked about the bowl trimmer... this is the kind of plant I use it on. I snipped off every top, and all the side nugs on the main cola. The rest may be hash.
IMG_6757.JPG
I got the stems out and ran the rest through the bowl trimmer. The tops after losing the foliage are up top. The hash stuff is bottom left, after dumping the bowl the tray of kief is what brushed out. The bowl trim nugs are bottom right. I pulled the green and a few stems out of that and got a shorty cone and enough for a few bowls. It's good. No report yet but it got me high and tastes good. surprisingly smooth after just a week hanging.
IMG_6760.JPG
after I jar the big plant I'm making hash :sneaky:IMG_6755.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I bet I can get it to herm. Just put it up against a high Kev grow room and u will see
I just mean that I have the environment pretty dialed in, good ventilation, no light issues since the tents are in a blacked out bedroom and all the equipment that could have any kind of light source is outside the tent.

My humidity is a bit low which might be a stress factor for some cultivars.

My temps are on the low side because of having the drivers outside the tent, which might also be a stressor for some plants.

I'm not changing either of the bottom two possible issues mechanically. If a plant tosses a few nanners for whatever reason 2-3 weeks into flower I'll pick-n-watch now instead of 'auto-cull'. But if it's more than a few the tranny is gone. No use for that.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The beer-cup-bottom worm feeder is working like a charm. I spread them out in that big pot, and I should have everything I need for each new pot just by scooping out a handful of soil with each cup. A mess of wiggers and the eggs and castings from this little orgy, should have a 5gal pot set.
IMG_6767.JPG
The rest of the top layer should have mosrt of the other worms in it and I'll make sure they get into every pot as well.

Lurrabq

Redropped the Cement Shoes and I may have a quirky Querkle. The other 6 are running hot straight and normal.
View attachment 100099
It has a wierd sideways thing going on. It has a few seed-leaves that look to be starting. They looked like that yesterday too. I don't really want them staggered too much, so it's sink or swim for the Q. Not dropping another this round.
View attachment 100100
The CBD Sage twinsie is still looking like a normal plant. I snipped the ugly step-sister and it started growing better. Stuck her in a 1g pot, and I think this is a situation to use up some of my FF top dressing stuff and skip the living soil. If she jumps in the 1g then I might give her a large pot. But I think it will be runty so fuck it, a 3g is probably all she'll get. View attachment 100101
Zoom. I was about 15' away in a lawn chair with the Pink Floyd on. They were arguing. Red vs Blue. I was really high and it interested me.
Red won... I was listening to Animals LOL
View attachment 100102
I had an Erkle cross a while back. Slowest growing plant I've ever had. Didn't show sex until 10 weeks, and the three were 12-14" tall.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had an Erkle cross a while back. Slowest growing plant I've ever had. Didn't show sex until 10 weeks, and the three were 12-14" tall.
Only reason I am keeping the CBD Sage is because it is feminized. A runt like this that I didn't even know was a girl would be gone. Plus with my schedule I'd like to not have to drop one for a while to get to try a little of it. No matter the size when it shows the first sign of offset nodes up top it gets flipped.

So at least I can get a taste if it and see the effect. It was mainly for concentrate anyway.

Lurrabq

@Lurrabq when I say "my schedule", since I am running the testers I have some obligatory drops around my bean-per-strain fun runs. I'm an old retired dude, and just for clarification/reiteration purposes it's not my initials. I stay High As Fuck pretty much alll the time. :cool:
I am in the same boat. Retired guy with a shitload of seeds. I have five different strains going at the moment including a Dank Sinatra f4 x Hibernate chuck that I did. Those are the Shorty's in my tent this run.

D

Deleted member 60

To be clear....I haven't tested for J. James. Just didn't want anyone to read anything into what I typed above.

FWIW....When I first started growing perpetual ('90) I grew bagseeds cus there weren't any hucksters out there yet. I always laugh today when I see folks direct noobs to grow bagseed to figure things out/etc. before buying seeds/etc. What totally shitty advice...LOL. Fuck em right out of the gate.:ROFLMAO:

After 2 years or so I lucked into 6 clones...3 I flowered... 3 became "moms' that I tortured for months until I figured out how to clone. (pre- root gels/rooting plugs/cloning machines/etc). I then grew that clone (Basic 5 from SSSC) for 15 years...again...due to lack of choice....but moreso...cus it still ranks up there with any pot out there today today...maybe even better. The focus wasn't on frost then..it was on effect. This shit was crazy good on all fronts..except yield. It was so heavy/strong that people routinely accused me of "poisoning" them. LOL.

I wish I had that cut to play with now. We'd all be poisoned....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Flipped the Briscoe County Line at a month, but the Orgi need another few days for the one, and a week or so for the late drop. IMG_6773.JPG
CBD S.A.G.E. (Sorry Ain't Growin' Ever) was dropped at the same time IMG_6777.JPG
This tent now houses the three Vin Santo, and the two BCL. I'll jam the other two in here when they flip.
IMG_6772.JPG
This is the oddball tent. Always put the tall plants in the front so you don't bang your head on the light. IMG_6769.JPG
Chemdog, ChemD, UK Cheese and 007up clockwise from the front left.
IMG_6770.JPG
And patience is more than just a song by Guns-n-Roses - The quirky Querkle quickly, quietly turned around :) Stull runty. IMG_6774.JPG

D

Deleted member 60

Not meaning anything. Just that you can test beans for a guy just starting out and you might have some challenging grows. If I bred and you tested for me - you're fucked :ROFLMAO:
LOL. Like I say...I'm kinda over doin' the work others should be doin'...so no worries here if you open shop :giggle: FWIW...you'd probably do well cus yer pretty organized/etc. and are fully into it all 24/7. I remember those times...LOL.

I was a tester for some of the early fems (Dman) in 2002 or so when (the original) OG was raging. Spice crosses...with Genius and Grimm in the mix. Fortunately the guy knew his shit...even then....so while there were a few problems I gotta say it ain't nothing like the shat show goin' on today. (where herms are now accepted and you 'pick them off") There wasn't none of that shit then. Nanners would fuck yer game and have you scrambling to replace hundreds..maybe thousands of packs. Ask "Swerve" about that. LOL. Poor guy couldn't keep up with the mess he created and was slingin' replacements to save his soul. He was SHIT for a long time there. Ah....the perks of today. Just not the same game as it was then.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm kinda over doin' the work others should be doin'...
I don't mind being one of those 'others' - it started a process that led me here.

In 2016 I was buying QP's just to save money on smoke, planted bagseeds out of necessity, eventually got gnats and looked for answers. I had no clue what 12/12 was. Found a forum (ILGM) and learned a little and was tempted into buying their super-average genetics.

That forum was a political shitshow like Trollitup - which I found after leaving ILGM. Trollitup sucks but I met @Big Perm and @J.James on there. JJ asked if I wanted to grow some beans. :unsure: "For FREE???" I asked... :ROFLMAO:. I went to one or two other forums before landing here, one of which was run by the Perm.

Anyway, JJ sent me some testers then he told me how to grow them. I mostly listened and got better. So now if he asks me to drop beans for him there's no question. I have no need for them but I'm old and old school. The fact that I am the first to grow out the fire in most circumstances is pretty cool to me.

But I am also realistic and know that every bean I get ain't gonna be the one. Since that now goes for many storebought beans instead of just untested beans, what is the difference? That is why I have a list of breeders I want to grow from now instead of a list of strains I want to try.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Vin Santo are done at 9 weeks. Stuck them in the dark until I jar the Freakshow. It's still doing the hanging cure thing and I don't want to fuck up the humidity. It is on day 10 and the weather has the wardrobe climate as perfect as the inside of a jar with an rH pack. I could jar the FS now, but I think this is the perfect time to try letting it cure as long as possible on the vine. I have the little exhaust fan on low just taking any humidity off the top.

None of these purpled early like my first one, and none have the fuelly dankness yet. I think this is pheno's 2 and 3.
IMG_6822.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That tent is 18" x 32". Not even a 2x3. But it will apparently hold three 5gal nicely and I have two spare HLG-135's I could use to turn this into another grow area in an emergency. But after pulling the Vin Santo I am back to empty spaces again.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The Vin Santo are done at 9 weeks. Stuck them in the dark until I jar the Freakshow. It's still doing the hanging cure thing and I don't want to fuck up the humidity. It is on day 10 and the weather has the wardrobe climate as perfect as the inside of a jar with an rH pack. I could jar the FS now, but I think this is the perfect time to try letting it cure as long as possible on the vine. I have the little exhaust fan on low just taking any humidity off the top.

None of these purpled early like my first one, and none have the fuelly dankness yet. I think this is pheno's 2 and 3.
View attachment 100231
How'd you keep those so short? I need to start working on keeping my plants smaller just to make things easier.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How'd you keep those so short? I need to start working on keeping my plants smaller just to make things easier.
I flipped them on day 28. 4 weeks. I also pruned nothing but the lower shoots by the seed leaves.

On this batch I am going more by plant size. I want it to be as big as the 5gal (12") then flip. If it stretches 3x I will only have a 4' plant.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I flipped them on day 28. 4 weeks. I also pruned nothing but the lower shoots by the seed leaves.

On this batch I am going more by plant size. I want it to be as big as the 5gal (12") then flip. If it stretches 3x I will only have a 4' plant.
Day 28 from sprout or day 28 from the first set of multi-fingered leaves?