The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Using the floor fan 6 plants is about max in the 40"x40" tents. I have room to drop beans now but I want to wait to get the closet ready to flip, or at least have a timeframe. Maybe a week from flip drop the next set.

I can squeeze one or two more in the closet though, especially whith small plants and not flowering ones, but the second CBD SAGE popped a tail then nothing. So I have a mutant, and a dud out of 5 fems. Guess who's getting a new pack-o-beans shortly... TH Seeds is on my ??? list. I have one of their freebies and a pack of MK Ultra to see if I'm Dunn with them :ROFLMAO:

I am going to drop another one when I get around to it. Not as excited to drop it now as I was when they first showed up. Might even skip it and drop something I am excited about then come back to it in the next larger drop.

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kickin' contest.
Up-potted the baby and everything got a malted barley and kelp tea-ish concoction.
View attachment 99531
Moved two plants out of here to get better light plus the mini freak is gone quick. I have extra drivers and HLG boards so I want to empty this one and re-light it better.
View attachment 99529
Added a fan in here, plus @TerpyTyrone makes lights ;) View attachment 99530
I now have some supplemental reds and blues in there, and light to the corners. Still not blasting it, only about 30k lumens at the tops - but they're better lumens 😁
View attachment 99528
Thanks for the shout out brother! I'm glad it made it 😄
The maiden voyage went 👌, kinda. Your the best!!!

Opie1

Master Grower
Apparently it is from the shade?
That’s a new one on me, weird.
Busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kickin' contest.
Up-potted the baby and everything got a malted barley and kelp tea-ish concoction.
View attachment 99531
Moved two plants out of here to get better light plus the mini freak is gone quick. I have extra drivers and HLG boards so I want to empty this one and re-light it better.
View attachment 99529
Added a fan in here, plus @TerpyTyrone makes lights ;) View attachment 99530
I now have some supplemental reds and blues in there, and light to the corners. Still not blasting it, only about 30k lumens at the tops - but they're better lumens 😁
View attachment 99528
Nice light, how many watts?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lots of learning. The right side appears to be the way to go. The plant is a little ahead of the cover crop and the BCL 's have already started popping.
IMG_6562.JPG
The cover crop in here was weeks old, I "mowed" everything to pot-edge level before transplant and I think it needs done again. I'm betting the competing roots (at least for now) have the first Orgi growing slower - or it could be the different cultivar. Regardless, the entire crop survived the mow-job, so that is the way to go for the other plants instead of just letting it go.
IMG_6563.JPG
The second Orgi has a Finding Nemo leaf but looks healthy, no issues with big potting it early since I have to keep the whole pot moist for the worms.
IMG_6564.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The smaller up-pot might be the best way and lots easier in the long run. If it wasn't for the low humidity I would just drop beans right in the 5g. A little cup-dome would fix that but moisture level right around the seed would be harder to maintain.

To compromise I went back to the 8oz mini cups instead of the beer cups for the Lemony Wicked. I should see roots at the bottom about the same time they are the size of the little Orgi BX, less medium I'll have to displace in the new pot too.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I fired up a no-light tent with just a fan and exhaust and I stuck the PTK in there for a 3-day dark. It was almost ready and I wanted the room from the damn 15gallon pot. I got the other three pots sowed with cover crops and transplanted the three that were big enough, the one is just sitting there until it's ready
View attachment 99464
Closet is back on 17/7 and the closet plants got the fresh clean tent.
View attachment 99465
This one will be down to 4 plants soon. View attachment 99466
The small Freakshow is finishing quicker. Lots of milky and the purple is creeping up the trich stems.
View attachment 99469
The bigger one is gonna have some weight unless it's complete fluff.
View attachment 99467
Judging from the lower fan leaves the hash return should be nice
Leaves in this photo look a lot like a Douglas fir tree....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a one week report on the County Line Hashplant flower clone.
IMG_6604.JPG
All those little nugs are like gravel. Dense and frosty, and stinky.

The few nugs I had to remove hit the one week mark today and I smoked that shit. Same exact profile with the sour/chemical/cheesy-chicken thing, and I'm fucked-upper than a football bat. So the 'report' is just to say that the CLHP clones effectively and there doesn't seem to be any drift from the mom pheno.

Sooooooo I have been figuring out what to drop next. The biggest "epiphany" is that I have a tester that I want to run as much or more than the ones I paid money for. The Spyrock Special Hashplant x Baguettes has been sitting too long considering that the other two crosses from that drop (Croquembouche and Homecoming Queen) immediately went to my top shelf.

Both of the Lemony Wicked are looking like duds - which sucks. I may pull them and stick them in a paper towel to see if that does anything.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So patience on the CBD SAGE may be paying off. There is now a new growth out of the top so I may get an actual sprout with nodes eventually.
What's wierd is the plant beside it. There was a cover crop, so I buried all of it with some new soil except the one "looks like cannabis" seedling. If the first one was a mutation then I can definitely see this being one of those two-in-a-bean scenarios. And there are no hemp seeds in the cover crop. The ones here were actualle sifted so it was mainly alfalfa and clover - way smaller than any hemp bean.
IMG_6606.JPG
I finally heard something about the living soil in smaller pots. The main detriment to having less soil is there is less area for new root tips so the more they grow the less they can make use of the soil. This can be remedied by feeding more regularly with fancy-water (aloe, coconut, sprout teas) instead of plain RO. I have time for that.
IMG_6607.JPG
Everything is loving the new light, and I am seeing some plump tops - I dig growing trees again.
IMG_6621.JPG
Here's two of the Vin Santo. Took pics of everything but these came out clear. Just starting to turn and pretty frosty. The first one is the bubblegum smelling one. Looking at the sugar leaves it seem to have fewer/larger trichs and the other one has more, but smaller.
IMG_6622.JPGIMG_6624.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Listened to this episode of the Dude Grows with Jeremy from Buildasoil

Start Growing Organic Cannabis Today With Jeremy From Buildasoil • Dude Grows Show Cannabis Podcas - Podcast Addict

The main concern about smaller pots is easily fixable. Going with the bigger pots is a must for bigger plants - hashtag, duh. Should be no problem continuing my grow style with smaller pots since I am not vegging for more than 5 weeks - 4 if they are close enough. Some of the nuggets I got from this are

Top dress more. It gets those root tips used to feeding from above and you can always keep a 'food reserve' for the plant in stock. As you water in it will replenish the soil as well. And if it's organic stuff you can't really overdo it unless you try.

Fermented plant stuff is like the "Recharge" or other microbial stuff for keeping the life in the soil going. Same with straight LAB. Right now I have a quart of the Lacto stuff that I have been using and I fermented some aloe. I may get into a few more of those but something else I was considering was getting more fungal stuff in the soil.

The cover crop I did on the most recent ones may be about right instead of having a jungle. I want to keep a mulch layer from the stuff grown in the pot rather than add stuff (like rice hulls or straw) just to keep that worm-food available like in nature. With it thinner the "chop-n-drop" mulching mower aspect should be easier instead of 'bagging" it :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One thing I have been doing is adding coco coir via the worms. I use about 25% of that in their bedding and I think they eat that before any food I put in. I am hoping that helps keep the castings from compacting as much in the soil and helps with drainage.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For my fall garden I am just getting free stuff forn the plants. I sowed the storebought cover crop and plan on letting everything go to seed. There's a few bird-seed sorghum that I let go that look like corn. I chopped on to dry and it revegged and has about 4 good tops out of the nub I left (beside the almost ripe on lower left). The 3g pot is from a harves and lettting the cover crop go.
IMG_6627.JPG
I'll have a garden full of this in a month or two. And in a slight nod to the KNF and using local stuff, I am thinking that if it doesn't grow well and go to seed here I can do without it for eventual cover crops. I think this is alfalfa, but I have a little bed of alfalfa going that is just sprouting so I'll have that for "alfalfa" uses and this stuff for cover crop. Planting come comfrey when I get the seeds.
IMG_6628.JPG
And I started another attempt at barley. Last one made hay, I think it was too hot. This will be for sprout teas and maybe malting for top dress.
IMG_6632.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That entire area above is basically what I have for a garden space. Ditched the little raised bed and I am going to build a wall along the sidewalk so I can have one large level garden instead of terracing it. Should allow me to fill above the huge oak stump with enough soil for garden crops. I'll pull out the line level and do it right, so it might need one terrace to prevent moving a few yards of soil by hand.

By next fall I want to have a regular row-garden with beans and corn and stuff. Tomatoes don't do well here for some reason, probably too much shade. Those may be my outdoor living soil pot projects around the garden.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Under that bird feeder is my compost pile. The birds hanging out have increased since I started it. The morning doves like the warmth, there are bird-feeder-feeders, and these that go for the spillage. And a chipmunk. Main thing is I am getting some added fertilizer from getting them to hang out. I have also seen 'resident' families growing. I have about a dozen cardinals now from a pair last year, and from about three doves last year I have a small flock. If stuff circles the bowl enough those are good eatin' 😋
This is me hanging out at the back door stoned watching the wildlife for a minute before going out 😁
IMG_6633.JPGIMG_6636.JPGIMG_6637.JPGIMG_6638.JPGIMG_6640.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Freakshow are gonna hit 10 weeks tomorrow, I think I'm calling the small one. Not much there either way, but it's showing black trichomes.IMG_6654.JPG
I haven't seen a single head turn amber yet, so I am wondering if that is the equivalent and the resin glands fall off when the stem dies?
IMG_6647.JPG
The big one is almost done too but looks more normal for gettting ambers.
IMG_6652.JPG
And my ugly plant. The Chemdog is a bitch to grow as expected. I am just glad I have enough grows under my belt to not freak out about it.
It's getting brown pistils now, so I just need to get it to survive a month or less. Ugly dead leaves will start disappearing next...
She smells stinky and is putting on weight. Just like my Ex :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️ If I had to diagnose it I would guess it needs cal-mag. I may add a bit just on her to try and get her past the finish line with some foliage. Or not. It'll smoke.
IMG_6658.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The other ugly I have going on is the 007up, and just on the fan side. She doesn't like the wind and has some leaves showing it - but fuck her. Very little smell and a runt out of 4 duds and a male. If anything is gonna get wind damage it's her.

I think that the biggest hurdle with the natural growing is having the patience to not fuck with stuff. I'll make a note that next time I need to ammend the soil with more calcium before dropping the next Chemdog. But none of the other plants show issues so it's a grow note rather than a major malfunction. This might be a spot to use the Recharge or some other microbial boost instead of the "I need to fix this" cal mag.

This does confirm all the stuff I have heard about how the Chem's grow. I can see that the ChemD is less finicky, But I also know the Chemdog is the favorite of many that grow both. And for me it's about the buzz. If it was for slinging quarters I can see people leaning towards the ChemD. Also means I am really looking forward to smoking that ugly bitch :)

I'll be able to pick out that terp profile and explain stuff to other people that have smelled that same thing. I can already smell the similarity between the ChemD auto from Ethos that I am smoking now and the fem from CSI Humbolt that is just turning. It's kind of like learning a new language.