The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I end up with 4 Vin Santo and the 007up to go along with the three CSI fems (chem's-n-cheese) I won't be dropping beans for a month or more.
I HATE THAT!!! 😁 Impatience to try everything at once did it to myself. Less beans more often... less beans more often... 🤪

IMG_5663.JPG
Even when I do harvest a plant from The above tent, there's stuff that needs to get spread out from the other tent as well as the closet.
The Flo Rida (back right) is browning nice and might have another two weeks, the GSC (front left) is just now showing some scattered browns but getting fat nugs more than the Flo. Between the two of them they take the space of three plants (for me) unless I really bind them up, and it's a little late in the game for that.

Since I'm not culling the CLHP clone (front right), it won't make much difference if I cull the Mimms clone (center) since It is straight and tall and not taking any space like the others.

The Royal Limez (back left) is on the same schedule as the tent below, but not a good match because of the height differential. It is behaving like all my other 4-tops, and might get joined by the double Freakshow if she gains a little more height. I still have a floor-fan I can move, so after this photo therapy I might do some rearranging. I know the UK Cheese and the ChemD 2-gallons can fit in the closet now. I could also do another shelf in the clone tent and put a smaller plant in, which might be easier. I'm pretty nocturnal until the fall starts setting in and outside stuff isn't miserable.
IMG_5664.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I harvested worm castings for the transplant, like coffee grounds. I did 6 plants and got about 7 party cups of castings. I justg dumped the last cup back in the worm bin. There's tiny baby worms all in it, so haven't added worms to these yet. As far as the build a soil, it's in all the tan pots and I have a large tub left. So the $300 investment easily filled (the equivalent of) both tents. IMG_5669.JPG
The middle two and front left are the Vin Santo, that rear one is the different structure one, the front two could be twins. Both have the same lean that I had to compensate for when potting too :) The plant gets purple/black at harvest, so maybe there's something different there.
Back left is the 007up, back right UK Cheese, front right ChemD
IMG_5670.JPG
I now have a Freak in each tent since the two-prong really stretched. Pulled the CLHP clone in here since it was on a shelf in the other tent.
Chemdog in the middle, two pheno's of Royal Kush on the right, and the two-in-a-pot Pine Tar Kush back left. No problems at all with that. They started out with one a little taller, and both are growing at the same rate.
IMG_5671.JPG
Left side is living soil, the Royal Limez is in the back. Mimms Kuch is hiding in the center, heirloom cuts on the right.
IMG_5673.JPG
And last but not least, the ChemD auto. She's finishing quick and I pruned away several dead-dry leaves. I snipped them before they dropped to keep some stem on for drying. They yellowed normal first then shriveled - fast. Looks like when it self-trims the fan leaves will be the harvest window. It's about half milky with just a few leaf ambers
IMG_5674.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner data for reference later.

I have 15g x 1 (2 PTK), 7g x 3, 5g x 9, which is 81 gallons of soil. Plus I have an 18g plastic tote mostly full of the leftover - but it was supposed to be about 70g.

since they aren't full that probably drops it to about 13g in the big pot (or less) then 6g and 4g in the others. That would bring it closer to the 70g advertised, plus the tote. I'm guessing it was over 80g of soil once all the stuff was mixed.

I'll probably dump the 5-gallons and use bigger pots next round instead of re-planting in the same pot, but regardless of pot-size $300 was enough for soil to fill two flower tents in whatever size final pots and if everything goes well it is almost a one time purchase. I think the amendments that will be needed down the road will be like dropping a little cash on nutes, nothing extravagant.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Repot successful. Since the living soil stuff is supposed to get some kind of watering every 2 days what seems to be working is alternating between a good watering with any additives or teas I want, then just using garden sprayer with RO water to wet the surface every other time. I think that is more for the worms and microbe life than anything else. Some pots can get really dry in 3 days which would be death to many worms.

I wanted 6-7 plants to fill a tent and got 7 (These 6 and the Chemdog) so that part went off perfect. The space hiccup was from the longer veg on the previous plants, not just dumping 4 big clones into the mix.
IMG_5689.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those lined pots are the shit man. I LOVE them. I use a 45 in my 28 x 28 (fits the entire tent).
I like that you don't see the water dripping out the sides when you water. It all goes south :)

I got a 100gallon that came with the build a soil to mix it in. I have a large oak stump ground down right in the middle of my sunny garden space. That bitch is going to be perfect for that, and will probably have a bunch of my old soil filling it for tomatoes.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I like that you don't see the water dripping out the sides when you water. It all goes south :)

I got a 100gallon that came with the build a soil to mix it in. I have a large oak stump ground down right in the middle of my sunny garden space. That bitch is going to be perfect for that, and will probably have a bunch of my old soil filling it for tomatoes.
i use some 5s to 7s...but the 20 is really nice outside....2 X 30s and 1 X 45 inside (grass roots lined planters).

I like big things. Big planters are really awesome...chop...plant a rooted 1 or 2 gallon plant right in a spot beside it and let them grow.

its as easy as it gets.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i use some 5s to 7s...but the 20 is really nice outside....2 X 30s and 1 X 45 inside (grass roots lined planters).

I like big things. Big planters are really awesome...chop...plant a rooted 1 or 2 gallon plant right in a spot beside it and let them grow.

its as easy as it gets.
I like the smaller plants and more variety so for me the big pots are for multiple plants, and that will probably only be for testers that are similar or if I drop two regs to get a girl and both are. The 15gallon seems to be perfect for that. Maybe a 20g for 3 plants.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I like the smaller plants and more variety so for me the big pots are for multiple plants, and that will probably only be for testers that are similar or if I drop two regs to get a girl and both are. The 15gallon seems to be perfect for that. Maybe a 20g for 3 plants.
I think about it differently. Why should a 45 gallon planter grow 1 plant :D

I have 5 vegging in there at the same time...i will flip them all together. Variety a different way

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think about it differently. Why should a 45 gallon planter grow 1 plant :D

I have 5 vegging in there at the same time...i will flip them all together. Variety a different way
OK cool. That's about what I was planning just smaller scale. 2-3 plants. I thought you meant big ass pot, big ass plant :)

One thing I have gotten 'tuned in" to doing the worm bin and hunting for my own worms is how asome my own soil is. Old forest hardwood with some fruit and berries wild, there has been a good feeding ground for the soil web for quite some time.

I am not planting anything else in pots except for that one place with the stump. It's about 6' diameter and has a ~1' hollow in the middle with a pepper plant using that so a 100g pot should get me half a dozen peppers there. .

I am digging the build-a-soil so far. no issues jumping out at me so it should just get better. So the dirt I have been building up on my own with mainly organics will be the base for the entire little garden, then I'm adding local soil and mulch/compost to get the worms busy. I'll start that as soon as it cools off and the 'maters die.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The auto is surprising me. Still hate the fucked up light-cycle to get a decent return thing, but they make weed.
IMG_5691.JPG
Got up before lights out to water the babies
IMG_5693.JPG
The rest get it tonight. Just RO with 1/2tsp/g coconut water powder. no pH-ing or anything. Two days ago this tent had a fresh pine/citrus smell to it. I mentioned dryer sheets I think... Since I put the CLHP in here it is dank :) Granted, she's farther along in flower, but the sour chicken smell is just like what's in the jar. THAT is why I made room for her.
IMG_5704.JPG
But I am not sacrificing these beauties for the Mimms Kush clone that I already have jars of, and (for now) it's a milder pleasant high. I have plenty of that stuff, and the rank-dank-stanky stuff just does me good. So this tent is now spacious, and the FloRida/TK is getting close. Motly brown pistils, no new ones, and starting to cloud up. When she goes I have the room I need to get two out of the closet and have room everywhere.
IMG_5694.JPG
The Freakshow looks to have some impressive buds. Getting plump all the way down, No issues with light penetration, so the leaves are not just for show.
IMG_5696.JPG
and fluffy curly pistils that are like a sea anemone. Not gonna be much leaf hash since there's not much leaf, but it's there
IMG_5698.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My other success so far. Worms are pooping in my dirt and feeding the plants :)
IMG_5703.JPG
That's the avocado shell that had that and other stuff mashed together and stuck back in it. The shell seems to keep gnats from swarming around it. These look about spent so each living soil pot got a food cube. Kitchen scraps, coffee grounds, eggshells etc. blendered and slightly drained, then put in ice cube trays. I just dug a hole to stick one in then covered it back up.

I am really trying to make the best use of the little composters. I save eggshells and blend them up fine to mix with the food (calcium) and I need to look into something that has magnesium as a waste byproduct. Shout out if you know the answer. I'm leaning towards banana. Should get some potassium from that at least. Yes, I will now grocery shop for my worms.

I have also been chopping up and drying all my culled plants and prunings/trimmings to mix into the worm bin bedding. All those nutes the plant got fed didn't evaporate at harvest, so if the worms eat it, it goes back to the plants eventually. I took a limb of the Mimms I culled and put it on top of the bin green to see if the frostier stuff attracts or repels the worms.

The auto is surprising me. Still hate the fucked up light-cycle to get a decent return thing, but they make weed.
View attachment 97936
Got up before lights out to water the babies
View attachment 97937
The rest get it tonight. Just RO with 1/2tsp/g coconut water powder. no pH-ing or anything. Two days ago this tent had a fresh pine/citrus smell to it. I mentioned dryer sheets I think... Since I put the CLHP in here it is dank :) Granted, she's farther along in flower, but the sour chicken smell is just like what's in the jar. THAT is why I made room for her.
View attachment 97942
But I am not sacrificing these beauties for the Mimms Kush clone that I already have jars of, and (for now) it's a milder pleasant high. I have plenty of that stuff, and the rank-dank-stanky stuff just does me good. So this tent is now spacious, and the FloRida/TK is getting close. Motly brown pistils, no new ones, and starting to cloud up. When she goes I have the room I need to get two out of the closet and have room everywhere.
View attachment 97938
The Freakshow looks to have some impressive buds. Getting plump all the way down, No issues with light penetration, so the leaves are not just for show.
View attachment 97939
and fluffy curly pistils that are like a sea anemone. Not gonna be much leaf hash since there's not much leaf, but it's there
View attachment 97940
Girls are looking 5 by 5 H.A.F. And I like your observation on freakshow not having much of an issue with light penetration (y) If she ends up smoking as good as she looks(did a fern fuck a weed plant? :ROFLMAO: )this might be a scrog growers dream strain.

My other success so far. Worms are pooping in my dirt and feeding the plants :)
View attachment 97943
That's the avocado shell that had that and other stuff mashed together and stuck back in it. The shell seems to keep gnats from swarming around it. These look about spent so each living soil pot got a food cube. Kitchen scraps, coffee grounds, eggshells etc. blendered and slightly drained, then put in ice cube trays. I just dug a hole to stick one in then covered it back up.

I am really trying to make the best use of the little composters. I save eggshells and blend them up fine to mix with the food (calcium) and I need to look into something that has magnesium as a waste byproduct. Shout out if you know the answer. I'm leaning towards banana. Should get some potassium from that at least. Yes, I will now grocery shop for my worms.

I have also been chopping up and drying all my culled plants and prunings/trimmings to mix into the worm bin bedding. All those nutes the plant got fed didn't evaporate at harvest, so if the worms eat it, it goes back to the plants eventually. I took a limb of the Mimms I culled and put it on top of the bin green to see if the frostier stuff attracts or repels the worms.
1 C of Avacodo cubed up = 44g of Mag H.A.F. not sure how much is in their skins though. Pumpkin seeds are a killer source of Mag and 1 oz of kernels is 168g of mag.

I was thinking the opposite. A scrog is spreading out an even canopoy so you don't need light penetration I haven't pruned anything on them but the lower two shoots off the seed-leaves. If you have good lights this would let you grow trees or manifolds and let them get taller.
That plant looks to me like you could spread her out any kind of way and you are still going to have light penetration everywhere which means you could just put colas in holes and not have to worry about defoliating at all and you are still going to keep the lower buds engaged and happy. Hell now that I think about it that plant might be a dream for any grow style and especially for led growers.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@J.James has the other half-pack of these Freakshow. We just split the cost. I think he might attempt to make beans with his.

I got a boy and two girls so far and I have three left out of six - and won't be running another soon. But if I run out and want to run another before he makes some, I'll buy more. I noticed it fluctuates being in stock, but the breeder (shapeshifter) I think just does those. His niche. Last I checked the Freakshow were in stock and the Supafreak was not. It was the opposite a few months ago. Now that I'll know what the smoke is like I can prioritize because they really are fun to watch. Like having the purple plant in the middle of the greens.

1 C of Avacodo cubed up = 44g of Mag H.A.F. not sure how much is in their skins though. Pumpkin seeds are a killer source of Mag and 1 oz of kernels is 168g of mag.
Awesome stuff. Searching was my next step ;) I don't know if that is enough to keep plants happy or not. I know there's also stuff in that Clackamas Coot's mix that went into the soil that should be good for a grow or two.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I start seeing any issues I'll jump right back into the calmag though. At the recommended ppm i don't think it would do any more damage than using tap water instead of RO. And if it doesn't kill the worms, the soil-food-web may have a hiccup but it'll recover on it's own.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had the ChemD auto runt outside with nothing but castings and a few worms to feed. I put a dozen worms in. I chopped it and will get a fat joint out of the plant when it dries - not much to see but it stinks and is my first outdoor grow 🤪 The tiny buds actually got plump, and even the seed-leaves were alive. They were all that started turning.

Anyway, I unpotted it and the roots were shit and I'm surprised it stayed green. Of the dozen worms I found three sifting the soil, and they were thriving and tried to escape like snakes when exposed. the pot had been mostly in the shjade and they were deep, in the cooler part oc the soil - right where the roots were.