The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In guess the short version is that space is now sorted out and not an issue, with every male I cull making it less of one.

But I ain't dropping beans for a while. I'll have all three spaces as flower rooms until the clones start ripening.

The only thing I can think of that might keep the roots from packing the pots, when the plants were obviously killing it, is that I topped off each with fresh worm castings when I went to the one gallons.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Noticed a few dead lower leaves on the GSC, so these girls all got some individual attention. And I pulled the GSC to the front where there's only one light sp I can lower the other two.
CLHP and Mimms clones. Still no support on the Mimms (taller one) but I put a wire hoop set-up around the CLHP to corral the limbs
IMG_5591.JPG
The Royal Limez and the elite's
IMG_5592.JPG
and the new place settings...
IMG_5593.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interesting stuff in a podcast I was listening to. They (I forget who) had the same plant that was foxtailing late tested as they harvested at various stages. The highest total canabinoid ratio was when the original parts of the bud were just showing a few amber. It was all downhill from there.

So my take is to always check around the older, browner pistils for ripeness.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The highest total canabinoid
I should clarify, they said as the total canabinoids went down (all of the TH's and CB's together) the ratio of THC to the rest went up.

And it wasn't a big dropoff in the total, mainly a bigger ratio of couchlock - which supports every broscience theory out there. But the better overall high is from the earlier harvest.

So headstash early, stuff to sell late ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And another podcast nugget. Leo Stone said that instead of stripping the fan leaves before hanging the plants he snips them leaving an inch or two of stem on the plant. You eliminate moisture coming straight from the main stems and slows the drying, and is a good indicator of how dry the plant is getting as they shrink and dry.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Plants didn't need anything tonight so I fed the worms. I had a few overripe avocado I mashed up with some eggshells, coffee grounds, tomato, apple, etc.😋 into a pasty mush, then put it back in the half-shells and flip them upside down on the soil. Supposedly it's like bait to fish, and you can eventually see the shell moving from the works eating underneath. THAT is the main reason I did it because that will be coool :cool:
All girls, two waiting on soil. And I'll squeeze something in the other tent if needed. Looking for something to stretch. I know keeping them all in here would be a pipe dream. Then again, I have many pipes :unsure:
IMG_5600.JPG
Fucking COOL - but it still looks like weed. Trimming is gonna actually be fun :giggle:
IMG_5601.JPG

This tent that has room if I make it, but for now everything can spread out. Only 5 plants. Treating the GSC like the twin towers Mimms and putting it in the blank spot with three boards on the other three quadrants, but the front one slid as close as comfortable to the tall girl.
The CLHP is funky, leaning towards a chicken smell now. Maybe a chicken soup or something. And the tester joints were a high quality buzz. The Mimms Kush are starting to show different expressions in the jar. The green one is like a fresh woodsy inscence, the purple one is getting a little more sour (the cloned one), like after the inscence burned out and whatever smell your were trying to hide starts coming back 😂
IMG_5613.JPG
This room will thin but it'll be in flower for a while. No drops in the near future.
IMG_5608.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I dropped my last cash on beans for a bit and I need to slow down. But I still have a few purchases I'll make regardless if they drop.

Supafreak is the product of an extensive breeding and selection project conducted recently by Shapeshifter. It was selected from 120 phenotypes of f-6 generation Freakshow, and is completely stable for the following new traits; early finishing, it’s done Sept. 10-15 outdoors at most latitudes. A quicker finish indoors, 7-8wk, It has a lacier, thinner leaf structure especially toward maturity. Impressive bud structure with astounding calyx ratio. The terpenes are unique and hard to describe, unlike anything we’ve smelled or tasted before. Blends of floral, fruit, chem, spice, and skunk. Nice fat colas can be expected, and also, like all the Freakshow lines she’s amazingly pest and mildew resistant.

The other would be a drop (pretty much anything) from Freeborn and Duke Diamond's Vault/Dominion.

Several other breeders that I am interested in growing stuff, but I'm sure ther'll be sales and most of them generally have stuff in stock. And for those it's mainly wanting to see what a breeder puts their name on and if it meets the hype.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am an observer, and I can remember stuff. It might take a while to put the bits together. Learned something about having a worm bin inside. I occasionally get escapee's on the carpet in various stages of dehydration. But I noticed that after feeding them I have zero for a few days, then they start back up.

Hypothesis: worms eating and happy stay put, if they need food they wander.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got my two purchases in. The Chillum took about two weeks total, way shorter than the estimated time.
Welcome To my Chillum Shop by manalicraftshop on Etsy under $70 with shipping and the wool sack, extra stone and poker.
Candle so you can light it easier. So far I like it. Like joint to bowl, to vaping, to edibles, its's just a different high. IMG_5622.JPG
And I have Aficionado. Didn't really care what strain, but this is different from anything I have so win/win. No info on the Best Coast freebies available. I can see how people hang on to freebie packs forever now. IMG_5625.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I forgot to add my 'outdoor grow' 😂
This is the other ChemD auto I would have culled. Outside, mostly shaded, in nothing but local worm casting/dirt from the forest, some worms, and some rotten veggies as they fall to feed the worms. Little cherry tomato plants from the worm-feeding stuff. The pot stays heave, almost no watering after the first except keeping the top moist. Basically zero effort-almost zero return. But the damn thing is healthy, stinky, and I had to prop it up this morning because the top is plumping.
IMG_5636.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Starting to get some sexy bits. No culls yet but I have made some initial guesses on a few. Looking like the Soundclash is a m/f duo, and the tall one looks female (droopy's back right)... Nothing on the 007up back left. And a few of the VinSanto are showing.
IMG_5644.JPG
I pruned the bottom two pairs of shoots and leaves from everything since I am keeping trees. Basically the ones I would have kept for 4-tops.
The Vin Santo are made of clones - every branch a winner 😁 This is AFTER pruning LOL
IMG_5643.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I watered all the living soil stuff with coconut water and hit it with the basics for worm and plant based IPM. I top dressed them with some insect frass and crustacean meal along with some malted barley and kelp. Stuff for worms and the dirt, and the first two are full of chitens which help the plant defend itself - among many other things. Here's a forum article on it.

Insect Frass | THCFarmer <--- that is a link

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I should add, no I'm not on that forum. I just searched for info in frass and that's one that popped up. Didn't feel like researching where they cut-n-pasted it from on the original forum that this dude cut-n-pasted from :ROFLMAO:

I think it's the Freakshow, but this tent has a very fresh smell to it. A sweet/spice kind of like unlit inscence.
That's not a rodent or a turtle. It's an avocado skin with mushed up worm food under it.
IMG_5645.JPG
I took the Chemdog off the shelf and stuck it in the middle to see if I can get some stretch. Same for the mini Freakshow behind the 2-top.
The propped up 2gal up front will come down either from stretch or when I stick them in 5 gallons - when the soil is cooked - in 4 days... So probably next watering and the soil can be done enough for two plants I know are girls. I'll wait on the regs even if a few show until I can start culling.
IMG_5647.JPG

Getting some respectable plumpness that I didn't really expect from a novelty.
IMG_5648.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Please let us know if your Freakshow has any psychedelic effects once you get it in your smoking device of choice H.A.F.
That looks like a really fun plant to grow!
Definitely. How it looks is the main reason I wanted to grow it. So far I don't see a downside. They have the beans available at SHN. Just not the Supafreak.

I have a few left, and if the smoke is halfway decent I'll eventually get more of one or the other.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'll eventually get more of one or the other.
Or not... I am not gonna be stressing over finding this or that. Just something I'd be keeping an eye out for if it wasn't available. I am not the type to pay more than market value for something just because it is scarce. I don't mind paying a high market price from the breeder - but they better prove that it was worth it if they ever want me to buy another pack of their beans.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One Vin Santo had two separate preflowers at the same notch. Looked male with one, definitely with two.
The red ones are most likely male, including both Soundclash. Won't be trying that strain - ever. Last beans.
The VS in the center is definitely female, and the 007up (center-back) has what looks like a pistil, but green?
Three just beginning to show, and in my short career those longet-to-show plants end up female more often than not.
IMG_5650.JPG