The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is day 12 and my plants are still hanging. I bucked the CLHP the other day because it felt done but when I started trying to break leaves off they were still a little flexible. Put them on a net and back in the wardrobe. The temp has been around 69F and the rH at 62%. I have some watering to do tonight, but I may get stuff jarred as well. Never gone two weeks before.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got a sample pack of "Recharge" with a seed order, which is a microbial innoculant. I gave everything a dose in varying quantities based on pot/plant size.

Limez and clones - just one living soil pot, but they are all going to get water every two days. Just smaller quantities.
IMG_5521.JPG
GSC is getting plump and the TK (FloRida) isn't far behind. I'm not pruning any of the clones. Larf makes better hash than just trim ;)
IMG_5522.JPG
And the GSC has me rethinking the topping. I like Christmas Trees. Could be all trees with the next batch.
IMG_5524.JPG
Which are coming along nicely. The two droopy ones back left are the Soundclash, and I'm thinking they like a different environment than the rest. The "V" from the back corners is all the 'others'. The Vin Santo are the 6 shrubs up front. Letting them go for a bit before up-potting. They all look happy and I need to keep them a smallish because of the back-log created by the clones.
IMG_5526.JPG
The livng tent. I said screw the trays, I need the plants under the lights.
IMG_5538.JPG
The Freaks
IMG_5537.JPG
IMG_5536.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
CLHP - County Line Hashplant - FUCK!

Busy day yesterday. Got 4 plants cleaned and jarred. and in a month or so I'll have several more jars - I am constantly refining my processes. I will likely never do a "tolerance break", but my version of that is constantly having new strains. And I can't go through that much weed. I am keeping at most a quart of the best flowers until I smoke test everything. Then I'll take my time and do some strain specific hash or dry-sift with the larf as well as the trim. A chillum of some Northern Lights, with some NL hash, dusted with some NL kief (for example) just appeals to me.

Here's how the "Twin Towers" Mimms Kush broke down. Everything was tight to the stem, so it was a great space-saver in the tent.
IMG_5540.JPG

Clockwise, the 1/4-sheet bigger pan is the purple pheno Mimms Kush. The kushes are gonna take a wile to sort the smells, but the purple is the strongest and both smell the same.

The NL runt I got what I expected, 4 excllent tops, and larf. Until I smoke some that larf is still in the jar.

CLHP is fucking acrid! Sour chemical cheese, and the only one of these with real density. Also the first one I wanted to try. Glad I did ;) More on that with the smoke reports in a few weeks but I am HIGH - and the smell reminds me exactly of the Paradise Diesel pheno that I hunted for unsuccessfully.

Then the green pheno Mimms Kush. It had 4 dense tops, but the lower stuff was fluffy like the purple one.
IMG_5549.JPG
Don't mistake 'fluffy' with bad. This is my larf - and my hash will be that much better for it. The Kush are still sticky as hell and I don't think would smoke well yet. Basically if it looked like a hassle to trim it went in the hash pile.
IMG_5555.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also have a little jar of each I am going to smoke on now like the CLHP. It was the stuff that was small but had some meat to it. The CLHP nugs will now go into the 'save' jar if I don't just smoke it. It is great gassy smoke in a cone, and if it goes out the dry hit has terpentine and oranges 🤷‍♂️

The others will either go back in the jar to cure or into the freezer with the future hash.

Actually, based on the smoke it'll either go back in the jar to cure or I'll just save a pint of the tops for future smoke. and make more hash

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
CLHP - early winner.
Northern Lights runt - I'm betting it's not a great expression of the plant. I'll cure out the 4 big tops, but it has an odd flavor - at least on the larf. Like a menthol tootsie roll. It may cure out nice, but it's back on my list to try again to get a normal plant. It probably has some great hash terps so that's where the rest is heading.

The Mimms Kush will be tomorrow. I ground some up, felt it and smelt it, and it is sticky The purple one has the stronger terps after being jarred for a while as well. It has a fresh smell but still kushy. Kind of woodsy, kind of herbal, but like you left that bud of kush on the seat in a new car overnight. The greener one is tending a little more sour, but the same profile.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have been hating on the autos but if they all grew like this ChemD instead of that waist high Zkittles I could see saving a small spot for one. And it's starting to get the brown pistils already so for my purposes I should get a taste of the Chem D.IMG_5566.JPG
I'll also get to compare it to the fem I have going. But this is what I mean about space. I'll probably get an ounce or so from the plant, and I still have room to stick a propagator in there and start beans - and make worm dirt under it. Very productive corner
IMG_5569.JPG
The longer veg is going to make me drop every other month (instead of every 4 weeks) - or drop with a full moon every other drop (6 week cycle). I'm guessing it doesn't really matter that much except for my OCD 😁

These are at 5 weeks tomorrow, and I am skipping my usual new-moon drop. Looking like an up-pot next and flip at 6 weeks. That is a schedule I can work with long term I think. Six weeks of veg, but being ready to flip any stretchers sooner if needed - or top those. But longer than that and almost anything can give me height issues in stretch. I also have room for a few in the mini tent if needed since I ain't dropping yet.

I pruned the seed-leaves and any shoots they had, and all the 3-toed leaves (all were in the weeds) But I kept some of those shoots if they were stretching for canopy. I'll also need to flip these in here to get some culling going. I can squeeze some plants in the other tents but it would get ugly. Fucking clones...
IMG_5571.JPG
Fucking clones which are looking amazing. Based on the early smoke reports If I need to I can cull for space the purple pheno Mimms can go. I have PLENTY, and when I run out I can drop a handfull and I know what to look for. Of the two I think the CLHP will be better (more diverse) meds. Smoke to edibles to hash (Kush is too sticky) and it is funky and strong. The Royal Limez living soil pot in here is now on the ground, but I think that's about it for stretch.
IMG_5565.JPG
This tent is now on cruise control. Plain RO water unless I brew a sprout tea or add aloe or coconut or something.
IMG_5564.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking at the pics, I might flip sooner. They'll get 2-gallons next watering which doesn't take long now, especially with the cover crops in there too. The three fems will be getting bigger pots eventually so they might be in the mini tent for a week while the rest flip.

Right now that tent is on 20/4 for the auto, but since it is finishing up I think it can plump just fine under 11.5/12.5. Might not have mentioned that before. Bushy Old Grower (RIP) said he got that from his mentor. that half hour on each side of 12/12 makes for an hour of separation between the light and dark times and supposedly makes the plants flip faster and finishes the plants faster - but you will sacrifice weight.

The other thing about the weight and flipping. I don't need weight or big plants. I just need the patience to let them get more mature before flipping instead of the "Fox Farms Grow Schedule" 4 week veg then flush and flip :cool: you know what I mean...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Damn...
IMG_5572.JPG
This closet was made for 9 small plants not 12.Tonight they get 2 gallons and I have to thin the herd somehow. The three CSI fems might just flip. Hell, when I get a good look at then while repotting I might flip in the closet and move a few to the mini tent to stay in veg. If I'm not topping, they're ready.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think this will have to be incorporated in my new style. I need to be able to flip and cull before the flower tents, but giving them 5 weeks veg is a lot different from 4. I still don't want big plants (weight wise) as long as they stay short enough for the tent I can prune any other issues. But if I grow happy lilttle trees I don't want to have to super-crop - then what's the point?

I'll put more thought inbefore next drop. Stoner brainstorming begins here... (comments welcome)

Obvious answer is less beans, but with regs you could end up with a mostly empty flower tent, and a 5-6 week wait to fill the voids.
But as long as there's a good selection they have room to spread out so there's a happy medium.
I have been basing drops on trying to get 7-9 girls (a tentfull of 3gallon pots) but now I have bigger pots... I wonder why there's nowhere for this batch to go... :unsure: :rolleyes: fucking stoner...
So I need to figure optimum "full" for the flower tents.

Probably need to settle on what pot sizes I'll use. If the 5gallons work they are definitely easier, but with the living soil they are supposedly too small.
7-gallons can still only hold one plant - basically the same thing, less in the tent but better for that soil.
Bumping up to 15gal, it;s a 4pot max with no floor space availablt for even a fan, but I seem to be able to get two plants per pot.
Probably more if they are thin leaf and light can get through.
7 gallons is pushing the limits of being able to raise the pots to adjust the canopy.

Lots to consider. If I am missing anything chime in. The flower tents are 40" x 40" for floor space.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
1628859746471.png
3.5' square.
Four pots if they are 20", or 18", or even 16"
The 7 gallons is where re-arranging to fit more can happen but not that many, maybe 6-7, then it's one plant per pot instead of two wth the larger pots. But I don't know if I'll like the two per pot.

Fuck - my head hurts.

4 big pots means 8 plants at two per pot, but no maneuvering room might as well be an outdoor garden. This might be good for testers that are all similar like the Vin Santo are doing.

It seems like a random pot mix like I have going might be best all around and I just lucked into it. The 5 gallons are going to be the critical factor. If they work then I have a lot more options.

The fucking stoopid thing about this is that I don't need a lot of weed. The growing is as much the medicine for me as the product. And I just have a lot of beans I want to try :cool:
I'ts not stoopid H.A.F.
Nerp.gif
The plants I see you and a few other juggle(and the process for their soil) makes my head spin. I am sure you will figure it out just stop thinking about it for a day or 2 and come back at it fresh. Your grows are a blast to watch.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Coming back to it after a different strain... and that's the key is different strains.

I think just dropping less beans is the only answer, but I am still dropping testers and other regs.

The answer might be a half pack of regs or the equivalent, then a few fems. I'll get my variety, and if the regs aren't testers I can slide two strainss into that 6 beans.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
9 plants means I can go right from party cups to the 2 gallons and have room in the closet until they are sexed.

6 regs (~3 girls) and three fems ia a 6-plant tent.
6 plants works with 7 gallons
7 gallons work with living soil
7 gallons are shorter and allow for a little taller plant.
Yahtzee!

But this next run I'll have some 4 fems from @J.James so the 6/3 reg to fem will be off but the 6 plant thing needs to be a goal.
4 fems and 4 regs, :unsure: or 4 fem testers and 2 more fems. 🔥
I think this is the answer to get the new rotation started.

Having 6 plants, and redropping for any duds to make sure there's 6 girls to flower should be a good start.

I just need to have patience on wanting to try all my beans. Patience sucks bad for me.

Wow. That was a whole thing there. Thanks for watching😁

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just getting started. Part of the problem is sorted. I had enough buildasoil left for one plant, so I did the Chemdog - which is the main one I want to try just because of the hype. I think there's enough space in here to jam in 2 more plants, so the ChemD and UK Cheese fems will squeeze in but in smaller pots. Everything that is left is going in my old soil with no worms or anything until the 23rd when the soil is cooked.
IMG_5584.JPG
Should have the regs sexed by then. With just 9 plants in the closet it's roomy, and I can put others back in the closet as I cull males if the space thing is an issue in the tents. IMG_5585.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I up-potted the two remaining fems (UK Cheese and ChemD) and noticed a trend rather than an oddity. When I did the Chemdog it was nowhere near rootbound. It was the smallest of the three so I didn't think much about it. But when I did the other two it was the same. the roots were plentiful, but nowhere near being in danger from a small pot. IMG_5589.JPG
I looked at the bottom holes on these and I could see roots, but no clumping or mass escapee's. So if these can hold out until they are sexed the good soil will be ready and they can all go to final pots. The 6 Vin Santo I pretty much know what I'm getting and I don't need a lot from any girl so they are staying in smaller pots - 3 gallon max. The 2 Soundclash and the 007up are the only question marks. They will get bigger pots if they ain't dudes.
IMG_5590.JPG
So far fuck Swamp Boys. 4 duds and a male out of 6 beans with one still undecided. I have three more beans I'll be unloading from my seedbank at the earliest convenience to see if there's actually a girl available or just more bullshit.