The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looks really nice HAF, even if some ol’ high ass geezer did it, lol
I use the safe equipment like a mower and hedge clippers because I get high then go play 😁

Looks like you got yourself a nice little piece of heaven there.
That is the goal! Clearing out the rubbish and leaving mostly decent hardwoods. Most of the little boulder outcroppings have dogwoods growing out of them. I counted and after losing one large oak in a storm this past winter I now have 12... The 13th was Gone with the Wind. !2-Oaks... :rolleyes:
I have a ton of hickory as well, several species. They take about three years to get thick enough for tool handles, like files and such. about 5 and you get a walking stick out of it, then they start fattening. Heavy wood. I bought a sawmill guide for a chainsaw I haven't figured out yet, but I am not wasting anything. Those pine logs may be boards in the near future.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last year I was pulling briars, grape vines and poison ivy and such out of the trees and hauling it off to burn. THAT was a bitch. Now I'm thinking long term. Mow it all under and eventually the mulch will build up from all the trees that are left. I think just keeping it mowed will eventually fix all that. And it gets me off my ass.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I'm right there with you HAF. We bought a hobby farm a couple years ago and have just started to make progress clearing and thinning. It's just me, some power tools and a no clue. Today was the first time I was able to mow the lawn in one shot using a zero turn. It took 4 hours instead of three days with a push mower. A tractor is in the five year plan.

I tell you what though, the smoke breaks in between and the sesh after while your bask upon your work are the best. Nice work man

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
the smoke breaks in between and the sesh after while your bask upon your work are the best.
And the edible after. I have a high CBD (with high THC as well) strain that does wonders to keep you from feeling old a few hours after. a small decarbed nug (less than half a gram) ground up onto lunch. Nuthin fancy.

Oh, and with the battery mower it keeps me from overdoing it. I can mow for over an hour straight on the battery, and I have some smaller capacity batteries that came with the blower and hedge clipper that are all interchangeable. Intermittent stuff I am usually done in 5-6 hours.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've yet to really geek on edibles (just haven't found the right one) more sleepy than anything. I'll experiment with that when the yields allow. It makes sense though, like taking a motrin before PT.
The trick is the Ardent Nova decarb machine. No guesswork or crappy ovens. It's a small investment, but worth waiting on a sale.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
IMG_4257.JPG
The Mimms Kush took off and also hit the offset node thing. I raised the lights, and I also dropped a few light hours off so I'm at 16/8 now. They were consistently looking like they needed water (droopy) before lights out, regardless of when they were last soaked. I think the veg-specific spectrum is the difference. They have graduated from here to 12/12. The CLHP will follow shortly, but it's not quite there. NL might be a wash, not drinking well, didn't get anything with the rest. I may un-pot it to see what-s up, and up-pot it to dry soil or just jiggle the wet soil off (if the roots are sparse) and go back in the same size with some endo-buggies to get better roots. Zkittles Auto will stay in the veg room until I need the space.
IMG_4256.JPG
To make room I moved one of the HQ clones and the Vin Santo which is on her last legs. My thinking is that I like the Lemon Tree. If she does toss a nut before I catch it I wouldn't mind a few bagseeds on the HQ clone or the other H-gear. And the VS just got her last light feeding and might get one more good watering before chop. With the organic I don't flush. No need. Then I got to thinking about why I stopped feeding? So I havent. I realize they don't need as much and the soiol has a good reserve of goodies, but why add another stress? I don't need to purge anything or whatever like with salts.
IMG_4258.JPG
The Vin Santo might be purple-ish in the pic, but with the naked eye it went straight to black. It has an almost blue-ish indigo quality to it. Should make some pretty buds. I couldn't get an aroma other than gas in the other tent. The Grapefruit dominate in there. I also have more pots with mushrooms growing out the bottom, and the GMO cake has shown me my secong leaf pistil plant. It's not looking like little nugs though like the Grapefruit
IMG_4239.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Pot Cast | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Damn. The wealth of knowledge on here is amazing, but the level of common sense from some of the breeders is as well. Ep 6 with Mr. Soul has a lot of good advice for new breeders, and breeding in general. Even for just buying beans.

I'm a cheap bastard, and if I drop cash on something I want to get my money's worth which means lots of cloning and smoking the same plant for a year, or making a batch of beans. I have also learned that at this point I am not willing to put in the work to be a breeder - maybe later.

But making a batch of S1's and then afew good sounding crosses open pollenation is something that seems hard to screw up knowing that everything that comes from that breeding is something to hunt through, except the S1's - which still may only have 50% that give a good expression of the pure mom.

So my plan (for now) is to keep any males from the next drop and stick them back in veg for the next run, then choose one male to flower and ditch the rest. Then plant a set of beans for breeding. I might have clones set back, but that depends on what pops female. But dropping one bean of everything I won't have a female to match the male. The next drop I'll make sure and drop several of the ones that match the male, then random other stuff that sounds good. At that point I could use one of those males, but I think having a more mature male on hand will make the pollen production from the one plant more on par for pollenating a tentful.

But that's as far as I plan on taking the chucking - getting jars of beans to hunt through at my leisure maybe do actual breeding later. But depending on how it goes I might do the S1 thing more often - likely when I'm down to a few beans left.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There are stories with every legendary strain, and it seems the common denominator was finding that one bean in a thousand that is unique.

Having these and a few fire fems I can rock out to catch pollen, I think one dedicated run for beans is gonna be a treasure chest of stuff if I can do it right.
1622291354941.png
The Freakshow is the main variable in this one. I hear that they are hard to breed, pollen is scarce, etc. So that is the only male I would not use, but if it pops female I'll definitely clone it, and one will catch pollen from something else.

Not planning any further for now.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The thing I am puzzleing out, since this is just beans for me to drop later (or share) I don't know if I want a steady dad like the RK or PTK, or something wild like the TL;DR with a shit-ton of variety in the immediate lineage.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not a great pic, but this was what got me thinking about chucking.
IMG_4282.JPG
I call it "Lemon Bagseed" because it would have been in a bag if it had not fallen off a plant to pop up in the soil later. It is sticky, greasy, dense, and mostly lemon, and the buzz is better than average. If I do this on purpose I know I can do better.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
The trick is the Ardent Nova decarb machine. No guesswork or crappy ovens. It's a small investment, but worth waiting on a sale.
I have been wondering if the Nova is worth the investment? Was all convinced then I read some "don't waste your money" reviews an I talked myself out of it, how long have you been using it? It's holding up?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have been wondering if the Nova is worth the investment? Was all convinced then I read some "don't waste your money" reviews an I talked myself out of it, how long have you been using it? It's holding up?
Dude!

I never got off on ANY edible until I tried this. They have a sale going right now and I would grab the small one. I can't justify the large one, but @gwheels has one and likes it. I bought a second one last 4/20 sale if that means anything...