The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pro-tip - Have a clean spray bottle (small is better - refill it) of everclear handy to spray-wash any utensils into the jar. rinse the coffee filter even. see above about evaporating LOL.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Had everything set for cloning the tops, only one was ready. The other two need a other day or so to get those shoots going.
IMG_4115.JPG
Don't know if the cloning is a waste of time or not. Big fat hollowness. Couldn't top like I normally do because I wanted the clone to have some height, and the node I would have cut at is now buried in the rooting cube.
IMG_4118.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Heisen tent got more room, - one of the testers didn't pan out. The Candleabra is still killing it. Looking at the stretch I got on it, I think the other one was stressed in some way. No stretch like most of the others in the contest.
IMG_4122.JPG
The Lemon Tree is going to be a beast 4 tops, LTS-d sideways and most of the shoots kept. The Sundae Batter is a rock star. Doesn't come through in the pics much but there is an irridescence to the leaves. They look purple-ish at a certain angle, so as you change angles different leaves have the look.
IMG_4123.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Early morning watering right before lights out. I want to rearrange everything, but with the luck I've been having I want to wait until I know the two other testers I have in the H tent are comfortable with their assigned gender 🤪 😁 Nothing new in that tent but wet soil. This is the one that needs thinning out. But that might happen naturally quicker than I expected.
IMG_4126.JPG
The Vin Santo is speedy Gonzales this out of this flip. No great pics of it but the lower fans are purpling a bit.
IMG_4132.JPGIMG_4128.JPGIMG_4129.JPGIMG_4130.JPG
Ahd the Headbanger Zee is getting really chubby
IMG_4133.JPG
And speaking of chubby - so far any of the GSC crosses I have run come out with these perfect, thick, coneshaped buds. I don't think the taste or terps necessarily dominate, but the bud structure is spot on. I am an amateur at all this and never bred a thing on purpose. I think the 'Forum Cut' is a coveted bitch mom for a reason.
Here is the Hippie Crippler x GSC (forum cut).
IMG_4134.JPG
This stuff is GREASY
IMG_4136.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Soooooo one of the Mimms is having leaf issues. New one to me. Can't tell yet if it is systemic or an early issue that is past - or just a mutation.
IMG_4138.JPG
But none of the others have it. If anyone has insight, speak up!
IMG_4137.JPG
And the Grapefruit - leaves...
IMG_4142.JPGIMG_4140.JPG
These fans are near the top, but ones that usually don't frost up. Cool how the one blase of the fan has frost, but the rest are naked.
IMG_4141.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Quick trip around the spare bedroom. One Mimms (back row) is taking off, everything else is kind of slow
IMG_4155.JPGIMG_4156.JPG
The Lemon Tree and Sundae Batter are stretching a lot now. IMG_4152.JPGIMG_4153.JPG
This is the crazy tent. All the aromas are mixing together. Big funk? Nope. The 4 HQ (upper right group) have a piney/perfumy smell, and the 2 Grapefruit (lower left) are bitter/sweet citrus. Everything else is drowned out.
It smells like a fucking dryer sheet :ROFLMAO:
IMG_4161.JPG

NorthnNuggs

Super Active Member
Soooooo one of the Mimms is having leaf issues. New one to me. Can't tell yet if it is systemic or an early issue that is past - or just a mutation.
View attachment 91736
But none of the others have it. If anyone has insight, speak up!
View attachment 91735
And the Grapefruit - leaves...
View attachment 91739View attachment 91737
These fans are near the top, but ones that usually don't frost up. Cool how the one blase of the fan has frost, but the rest are naked.
View attachment 91738
If you are using tap water that could be the culprit. Winter to Spring and Fall to Winter our lovely water suppliers put in additives in our water for those transitions might have got a heavy dose of there additives. The transition is short but can cause freaky havocs that go away as soon as they appear.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you are using tap water that could be the culprit. Winter to Spring and Fall to Winter our lovely water suppliers put in additives in our water for those transitions might have got a heavy dose of there additives. The transition is short but can cause freaky havocs that go away as soon as they appear.
I run everything through an RO. Whatever is left in there can't be enough to matter.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This doesn't mean I disagree with you. I have a new light, and just replaced the RO, so there is an adjustment period. This is a 'tester" grow in more ways than one. I have an auto, a two fems, and three regs as the run to dial in the new light. I also just removed the driver from the space, so lower temps as well.

I have some fire beans dropping next that I actually spent $$$ on, with no tester-discounts or anything. Stand-by LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner thoughts/notes

I am starting to wonder if I need to just stop checking lumens and raise the lights. Something about the high veg-spectrum light is acting different from when I had the regular veg/flower boards. I am leaning towards they're happy, and have no need to stretch.

The one Mimms that had issues on the fan leaves, pruned them! No more problem 😁 :rolleyes: :unsure: (all the new growth looks fine)

Something random I noticed on some of the flowering plants as I was pruning some shoots. There is a direct corellation between the fan leaf, and the sprout that is just above it - at least during that initial growth phase. On plants where I pruned those center leaves like on the CLHP the associated sprout will not stretch. I never paid attention much, but I almost always prune any of the 'outer' shoots just because they don't get the light when I lean the tops out.

Every time I end up pruning the inside shoot as well, it is because it was runty. And it was always associated with where I pruned fan leaves in veg. On stubby plants where nothing stretches those would still get good light though. And if they don't stretch they might be a little 'stemmy' but should end up as plump nugs with what would have been that lower-node larf just molding into the top.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also watered them with a full set of fox farms goodies, and raised the light when I made that last post. No way to tell which one kicked them in the ass, but they are stretching now. Except the Northern Lights - ass remains un-kicked. Lazy bitch 😁
IMG_4196.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They are 5 weeks today, and would have already been flipped for a week on my previous schedule - except the NL...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Grandpa's tired... Getting ready to edible out until my plants get watered tonight. I have been reclaiming my land, but after finding a few gems in the tree or berry area I have been taking my time and doing it with a mower and hedge clippers.
Starts out like this
IMG_4197.JPG
then I'll mow a path if I can, using a little battery mower as a bushhog. Definitely worth the money. Getting another one at some point to use for the yard when I have beaten the current one to death.
IMG_4198.JPG
I find boulders, fallen trees, stumps of trees I took down previously, lots of rocks. Just get it mowable with the mower on the highest setting. This is backing up towards my garden, the Wheelbarrow is in most of them for reference (not planned) if you care...
IMG_4200.JPGIMG_4202.JPG
I saw them advertizing varnished fucking logs as either furrniture or decoration. This is an old knotty pine that fell, but was held off the ground as it dried. Very little bug damage, but some of this will get burned. Probably use the good stuff for landscape junk.
IMG_4204.JPG
One of the burn piles drying farly close to the burn pit.
IMG_4205.JPG
I have terraces like a rice paddy.
IMG_4206.JPG
IMG_4207.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Grandpa's tired... Getting ready to edible out until my plants get watered tonight. I have been reclaiming my land, but after finding a few gems in the tree or berry area I have been taking my time and doing it with a mower and hedge clippers.
Starts out like this
View attachment 92290
then I'll mow a path if I can, using a little battery mower as a bushhog. Definitely worth the money. Getting another one at some point to use for the yard when I have beaten the current one to death.
View attachment 92291
I find boulders, fallen trees, stumps of trees I took down previously, lots of rocks. Just get it mowable with the mower on the highest setting. This is backing up towards my garden, the Wheelbarrow is in most of them for reference (not planned) if you care...
View attachment 92292View attachment 92293
I saw them advertizing varnished fucking logs as either furrniture or decoration. This is an old knotty pine that fell, but was held off the ground as it dried. Very little bug damage, but some of this will get burned. Probably use the good stuff for landscape junk.
View attachment 92294
One of the burn piles drying farly close to the burn pit.
View attachment 92295
I have terraces like a rice paddy.
View attachment 92296
View attachment 92297
Looks like you got yourself a nice little piece of heaven there.