The James Gang

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Stoner report - The Cob.
First, the half-ounce attempts that were not as controlled for temp. It definitely shanged the buzz profile. I did all of these with Sacred Lotus clone-weed because I had plenty! I tossed a few nugs of the fresh on top for comparison. So far, I have tried it in the bowl, as a joint itself, and blended. I would compare it to cigar tobacco vs cigarette tobacco. In appearance, in burn, etc. No terps. Those are gone and it's a smooth, but sometimes harsh smoke. No psychadelic trips or anythine (yet) from smoking it 🤪 .
View attachment 80703
I have enjoyed it best mixed with other stuff. So how I have been using it is after I grind a handfull of nugs to pack some cones, there's usually some leftover. I keep that in doob-tubes for handy one-hit bowl-weed - or I 50/50 it with the cob. It slows the burn down, intensifies the buzz, great stuff if you're bored.

This is the jewel that I went scientfically by the instructions. It was in a soux vide for 24 hours then a week on a seedling heat-mat, This is the third unwrapping, the first two I put new paper on it and re-vacuued it.
View attachment 80699View attachment 80700View attachment 80702View attachment 80701
Report tomorrow if I'm vertical :)
It looks like it came out the back end of Chong’s labradore, but it looks like it’s super sticky and I bet it smells awesome.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It looks like it came out the back end of Chong’s labradore, but it looks like it’s super sticky and I bet it smells awesome.
Some of it looks almost like candy where all the resin glands have jelled together. Should be interesting.

I still like fresh flowers though. Unless this completely surprises me this was a one and done. It was probably more beneficial when the weed sucked.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But if you were looking for a long-term weed-storage solution that didn't require refrigeration this would be a good option.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
2 up, one down, 2 to go.
Lost one Rock Island, the other is still gender neutral.
Left is the Angel Heart, The two on the right have pistils and are in 3gal now.
Up front is the VSL, and the corner pocket is a female Homecoming Queen!
(I thought that was kind of fucked up that "homecoming queen" kept coming up boys - to woke for me 😂 )
None have been pruned yet other than the initial topping and a few leaves, so taking clones is not off the table.
IMG_1430.JPG
IMG_1429.JPG
Sangria Cookies #2 is taking it's time but looking pretty nice :cool:
IMG_1439.JPGIMG_1436.JPG
The Dank Sinatra is just a hard plant to get a clear photo up close. The buds are leafy, so it focuses weird. Leafy, but there is weight hidden in there somewhere :) Also a good shot of those pistillate calyxes at the nodes which look like they are starting to get plump
IMG_1435.JPG

Last edited:

angel4us

Super Active Member
@thenotsoesoteric I am still learning this. I think that when I stopped counting weeks and just started watching the plants (for feeding and everything) they have gone longer. I don't have that constant reminder that they are however many weeks old.

The ones flowering in the tent have grown up into the 40k lumen range from the light and still going. I think I will get them more light in general from now on.
Yep I don’t write down my flip date ... learned long ago breeder days of flower is not accurate - only way to know when they are ready is to know when they are ready !!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yep I don’t write down my flip date ... learned long ago breeder days of flower is not accurate - only way to know when they are ready is to know when they are ready !!!
I actually go completely by the flip date now, just less confusing. I tried keeping track of when they show pistils, but I don't want to track that for every individual plant. Since I rarely do crops of the same strain it would be a hot mess.

What I quit caring about was "breeder predictions on packs" :) It's a good rule of thumb if you know one will go long or finish really quickly, but other than that it's a couple of week range for a reason - and still a guess.

The main thing I use a calendar for now is the past. What did my stoner ass do to them last time? Did I feed them or just water? That kind of thing. Or notes like "feed ___ next" for a group or specific plant.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If this is seriously the difference between going to a half gallon pot and a one gallon pot, after 8-10 days, pot size really does matter. Only a few of the PD are even close to the smallest of the other plants. Crazy. I was debating going to the 1/2 gallons just to save on soil, watering etc. This was a good time to try them since I'll have plenty-o-diesel. The Paradise was not a dainty plant. One had huge leaves with long stem like the Croquembouche. Conversely, if there's a strain that I know will be a monster, this would be a good start.
IMG_1449.JPG
The BBF is getting fat center-left
IMG_1448.JPG
And so is the MinMuffin back right. Croq has the beefiest undergrowth.
All are just showing brown pistils and getting some smells. Game on! I should be smoking these by March. IMG_1443.JPG

Dis39

Really Active Member
If this is seriously the difference between going to a half gallon pot and a one gallon pot, after 8-10 days, pot size really does matter. Only a few of the PD are even close to the smallest of the other plants. Crazy. I was debating going to the 1/2 gallons just to save on soil, watering etc. This was a good time to try them since I'll have plenty-o-diesel. The Paradise was not a dainty plant. One had huge leaves with long stem like the Croquembouche. Conversely, if there's a strain that I know will be a monster, this would be a good start.
View attachment 80809
The BBF is getting fat center-left
View attachment 80808
And so is the MinMuffin back right. Croq has the beefiest undergrowth.
All are just showing brown pistils and getting some smells. Game on! I should be smoking these by March. View attachment 80807
Interesting results! I am starting some autos in 3" Cowpots and plan on up potting to 6" after the first week, then up potting the fems to 2 or 3 gals. I've never up potted autos, due to their nature, but as a result of starting 22x in my limited space Ive opted to give it a try. Its a larger number of plants for a small scale pheno hunt to self the genetics. Definitely worth noting, in the case of this run I am trying to restrict plant size for plant count, but based on these results Id be hard pressed not to start in larger pots in the future. Thanks for the nugget of knowledge sir.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interesting results! I am starting some autos in 3" Cowpots and plan on up potting to 6" after the first week, then up potting the fems to 2 or 3 gals. I've never up potted autos, due to their nature, but as a result of starting 22x in my limited space Ive opted to give it a try. Its a larger number of plants for a small scale pheno hunt to self the genetics. Definitely worth noting, in the case of this run I am trying to restrict plant size for plant count, but based on these results Id be hard pressed not to start in larger pots in the future. Thanks for the nugget of knowledge sir.
I was thinking about going small to make things easier, but after nioticing this I think that from now on my known fems will go right into 3 gallons instead of the 1g first. The PD were in half-size starter cups compared to the others as well.

I'm happy with the size so far with everything going from 1g to 3g, but if this 1/2g thing produces consistently smaller plants it'll have it's uses but won't be a new thing. Mainly because I am vegging for just a month or so.

Screwed up thing is, I could go and repot them now into 1 or 3 gallons and they would still be behind. I think this just gets run as planned and see what happens. I am hoping to get them to flip still in the 1/2 gallons without watering every day, but I had moving them up to 1g as a back-up anyway.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sangria Cookies #1.
Pics don't do it justice, but it definitely fits my philsophy off quality over quantity. No larf except on a few of the lower stems. I'll be smoking that soon :)
IMG_1454.JPG
There's something to be said for flipping them quick and not giving them time to acquire any bad habits :)
IMG_1451.JPG
Just over 37g dry. Can't wait for the burping - a.k.a. jar-sniffing to begin :) The keif I got from it has an amazing sour candy smell.
IMG_1452.JPG

Dis39

Really Active Member
Sangria Cookies #1.
Pics don't do it justice, but it definitely fits my philsophy off quality over quantity. No larf except on a few of the lower stems. I'll be smoking that soon :)
View attachment 80889
There's something to be said for flipping them quick and not giving them time to acquire any bad habits :)
View attachment 80887
Just over 37g dry. Can't wait for the burping - a.k.a. jar-sniffing to begin :) The keif I got from it has an amazing sour candy smell.
View attachment 80888
Throwing mine into flower in the next day or two, can't wait. She looks amazing sir.