The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More stuff. This tent is getting fat in general.
IMG_0667.JPG
The Left Behind (front left) is the one I kept two clones from. More later.
IMG_0668.JPG
I also kept one clone from this Dank Sinatra - which is getting close Probably chopping Monday. Everything in the tent got fed today except this
IMG_0669.JPG
and the Lemon Tree - which may also come down Monday.
IMG_0670.JPG
The two Sangria Cookies are furry-topped and starting to stack. The DS clone front left is just three extra tops for more smoke. The LB clone on the right is also just a few tops, but that may be a pain since the stems are skinny and the buds get Yuge.
IMG_0665.JPG
The center one is a flower-cloned Christmas tree, and I am hoping for lots of fat nugs with the only big top being the center one if any.
I trimmed a few sets of lower limbs that weren't hacking it. IMG_0666.JPG
lots of 4-tops. Most will flip in a week or so. The 4 on the left are ones I already know I like and want more, so I will veg them a little longer. The Hydra Hobbit gets tall, so I may top them back to an 8 top before flip. The Momma Moonshine was small, so it's just gonna grow more. IMG_0673.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything got their first veg feeding, and will be flipped today. Changed my mind, not worried about letting stuff veg longer. I'll get what I get but if I veg longer and I get two males from the strain it's a waste of time. Yesterday was 28 days, and I think running this system will be easier to just keep flipping the veg tent, then shifting the females once identified.
IMG_0674.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The first cob is done. Initial impression is that it doesn't look like something I am scared to smoke...
It has a fermented smell, but not like rotting vegetation or anything. Just a little more sour than the original.
IMG_0699.JPG
I snipped up some to dry out better, the frst bowl was too damp to stay lit. What I did get from it was mellow.
I like the little plus sign where I sliced through a stem ;)
IMG_0697.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In the future, if I do it again, I'll be using all the smaller nugs. I think that it would break apart like brick-weed easier. this was only a few big ones, with the stems. I thought that would help hold it together better. I think it would compress better without them.

The next one to get done was more dry after the first 7 days, so better or worse it will tell me which direction the rH should be to get a good one.

The buzz is good though - settles into the spinal column and the back of the skull. Real relaxing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Part investment, part testers. I got in on a Mr Nice order with @J.James and got a selection of strains from Shantibaba to try. He's the dude that invented the widow strain if ya don't know ;)
0C6CCE35-8D99-4461-8FD0-5A469C327223.jpeg
Anyway, $3/bean ain't bad at all. Got 6 regs each and have a few wet already.

The new lineup is as follows
Re-drops
  • Purple Jelly Pie from JJ - one fem
  • Rock Island Rocket F1 - two more, got both male last time
  • Homecoming Queen - the three I had left because I probably won't get a female :)
New gear - these are 2ea, regs.
  • Vietnamese Silver Leaf from James Family strains - Landrace and long flower - 12 week plus.
  • Pine Tar Kush - I gave JJ a pack of CSI Humboldt PTK IBL's. Only 5 beans, so it was a waste for me to just burn through them. Now I have my return on investment :)
  • Early Skunk - Mr. Nice - Noted for its fast flowering and quickness to be completed in outdoor, greenhouse and indoor grows. It has a certain appeal to those growers in colder climates with short seasons. The combination of Early Pearl with Skunk #1 means its will be completed in a 7 week flowering cycle. The density of the flower will rely on the darkness hours and is a plant to consider for darkening greenhouses or something similar. It has something special about the flavor and taste of the flowers
  • Angel Heart - Mr. Nice - If there was a plant close to perfect in flavor I would advocate this one. It will leave your mouth watering, and the body wanting more. The possible complex interaction and combinations of terpenes will simply amaze all that grow her and the remedy for others will flow from the taste. This hybrid should be expected to flower in an indoor grow for 60-70 days.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sacred Lotus. The smoke is interesting and I am still working up a detailed smoke report- too many harvests at once. But it is what I did the cob from in all 4 instances.
IMG_0707.JPG
I now have both fully cured smoke, and a completed cob. The cob smokes slow like a hash. I am trying using a lower 55% rH pack for it.
IMG_0709.JPG
But THIS!!! 50/50 cob and bud. It smokes slow like a cigar. I think the aged/fermented weed has some of the aged/fermented tobacco qualities. This cone will last a while - and I have 5...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The DS and LT got put in the dark for a few days, so the rearrangement is done. Ready to receive girls. I may have to ditch one of the LB clones.
IMG_0711.JPG
I can fit a bunch of small plants in that tent, and i can fit two more in here if they are tall or I stack them on something.
IMG_0712.JPG