The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The PJP u got isnt that from JJames?
It is, but if I remember correctly it was just a freebie/thank you that won't be for sale. @J.James bred stuff with the Jelly Pie, and made fems out of a purple pheno one. But since it wasn't his, he wasn't going to turn around and sell someone elses work. But if you paid for it, why not make beans to keep the strain in your bank? I think that is a pride thing for breeders - the not selling something someone else made, and you just copied.

But I tagged him so he can correct me LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well that sucked. The beautiful 'epic' plant dies an epic death LOL
Fantastic looking male though - wish I was a breeder.
IMG_0552.JPGIMG_0553.JPG
So it was a fem batch that caught a stray pollen or something. Definitely dropping again.

Also found a interesting clue as to why the SD x LT was a shorty. Don't know if it was an upside down bean or what,
IMG_0556.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Running a rotation keeps the curing part busy as well. Every harvest I tend to check all the jarred stuff.
I had three strains shift from half gallon to quart (needed the half's)

I had about an ounce between the three that wouldn't fit safely in the quarts so I groound it up :)
I mixed roughly a third each of G13 Genius, Hippie Drippler, and Rainbow man, then packed cones until my fingers started to cramp.
It's a good mix LOL

I find that doing this with 'safe' strains helps keep me out of the un-cured stuff I'm itching to try :sneaky:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had the two wildly different Rainbow man. One was very larfy top to bottom. The tops were not dense. It was a harsh smoke but it was frosty as hell, and potent. So I decarbed over an ounce of it to eat like popcorn. The rest I hashed for budder. It was a fun day.

The Lemon Tree is something I'll keep the keif separate and just smoke on it - or hash, simething to keep the flavor. and the Dank Sinatra is frosty, but there looks to be very little trim. So I am cleaning out the freezer today and bubble-hashing. I have a gallon zip of assorted trim, and several ounces of older strains I quit smoking on as much.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Beautiful!
Both that and the Hippie Crippler cross are killing it. Both have to dominant tops and two smaller ones. The fat ones are easily mini-football size. Those little plastic ones, not the nerfs. And they all have knobby foxtails popping everywhere. I think that's cool when it happens early. Sucks when you are waiting on buds to ripen though.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The babies are getting close to topping time.
IMG_0600.JPG
Glad I planted two of the Sangria Cookies now LOL The clones don't look like tent-fillers.
IMG_0588.JPG
The big tent
IMG_0589.JPG
I haven't had a huge-bud variety in a few grows, now two at once. Crazy how similar the Left Behind and the HC x RS look.
The far left is the lvtk - it is closer - not huge. Just frosty as Christmas.
IMG_0590.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
21 days first feeding - 23 days topped. 7 days of concentrated growth on the selected sprouts, then most should be flip-ready at day 30
IMG_0601.JPG
A few I left 6 tops on until I see which do best, but mostly 4-top.
Crappy zoom from the above pic, but I am shifting away from using the grafting wax unless it's needed - like for a hollow stem after you top.
I did this on a few last batch and there were no issues. I just half-ass FIM-cut it just above the node instead of in the internode. Heals up quicker.
IMG_0601 (2).JPG
It also helps if you aren't sure exactly where you want to top, or can't see it well because it's crowded.
You lift two fans and bunch it together, then snip at the base. On a few I topped 2-3 times, a node at a time, just to see better.
For two of them I ended up keeping nodes 4 and 5 instead of 3 and 4 because the lowers had a scrawny side.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
lvtk s1 by @thenotsoesoteric is a crazy plant. Everything is skinny. The stems, the leaves, the pistils are skinny, even the trichs are skinny. There's a ton of them, but they look dainty. Like a finer seive-grade of keif will be the good stuff. IMG_0663.JPGIMG_0663 (2).JPG
Not really stinky much yet, but she's stealthily turning brown. In the bud pic you can see it easy, but the brown pistils are almost a light yellow. Step back a few feet and everything looks white from the frost.
IMG_0655.JPG
I ended up tying a few lower limbs I should have pruned to the fan leaves that I also didn't prune :)
But even thaat lower stuff is plumping out.
IMG_0664.JPG

Last edited: