The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hope your dank sinatra turns out like ours. It’s bowl weed for us. Absolutely ripper, just finished a bowl.. 😀 Think it’s 8 months old now. Beautiful smell still. Super dense buds. Still beautiful too. Hope this run I’m doing turns out the same. If not I’ll try again. I got 3 fairly different females from this run of f3’s.

High is a couch locker but it leaves your brain still rolling along.

I really hope yours turns out as special as ours. Hope this next run is a repeat.
I did that roulette grow a while back with about 8 different breeders represented. I found 2 (Hazeman White Grape, and the 3HD x LBF from Bad Dawg) that I have on my list to keep in stock. 2-for-6 ain't great, and after I got settled in with "plenty-o-smoke" I hashed most of those others.

Conversely - since growing mainly stuff @J.James sends me (from him and his cohorts) I can't think of one that I would not run again.

So the Dank Sinatra I have is tall - might be leaning back towards the Bodhi parent - well damn! 🤪 so the clones are as well. Which is what is driving my 'cull-fest'. A half gallon of nugs will last me a year or more with all the other stuff on hand. I don't need that much, and until I run out I won't plant more. And the other beans might be better - or at least different.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Only thing left in veg is the clones, are 4 Left Behind on the left, None are showing "re-veg wierdness" On the right is the Dank Sinatra, regular and two flower.
IMG_0214.JPG
I would have been rushing to get the seedlings in there, but the new set-up is good. You can see how much the two fans are The cups aren't dry by weight, but the top is air-dried - plants move a little. They loved the soaking and are almost ready for more after two days. IMG_0213.JPG
Sundae Driver x Dosi Dos, Gelato33 x Dosi Dos, Wedding Cake x Dosi Dos, IMG_0216.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Today sucked, but not nearly as bad as it could have. Hurricane remnants blew through and I lost power right after lights out (6AM) this morning.
Call the power company and they say some areas could be out 3-4 days. All day I am thinking about moving things outside, chopping the other Heisen's a little early, and what could be salvaged, etc.

Power came on right after 6pm. So the flower tents had nothing but some high humidity all day. The 18/6 stuff got that and a day of 12/12.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Today sucked, but not nearly as bad as it could have. Hurricane remnants blew through and I lost power right after lights out (6AM) this morning.
Call the power company and they say some areas could be out 3-4 days. All day I am thinking about moving things outside, chopping the other Heisen's a little early, and what could be salvaged, etc.

Power came on right after 6pm. So the flower tents had nothing but some high humidity all day. The 18/6 stuff got that and a day of 12/12.
Wow. Lucky!

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Generators. I lose power for a day at a time when it’s sunny out 😂
Sounds like everything will make it👍
Wonder if a person could use a few car batteries and LED's to get through emergencies. I know, it depends on grow size. I don't see why I couldn't rig them up for short term outages.
I can always rig up C celled batteries in strings. I bet I have 500lbs of C batteries. lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wonder if a person could use a few car batteries and LED's to get through emergencies. I know, it depends on grow size. I don't see why I couldn't rig them up for short term outages.
I can always rig up C celled batteries in strings. I bet I have 500lbs of C batteries. lol
I have a generator, but it's not 'integral'. Put it outside and run extension cords. I can justify that for the freezer/fridge, and maybe even the wifi router. But this is a hobby. Shit happens, you always learn, and when things go sideways you can get creative.

What I had figured was that the babies would be fine. Set them outside until the power came back on. The clones are all I have in the veg tent, and they would be fine like that as well. Basically all the green ones not flowering yet.

The Heisen plants all have ambers, so it would be early on a few, but not drastic. The ones that were dark I was preparing to chop tomorrow since there was no fan on them. The Sacred Lotus clone I haven't looked at close, but there's lots of brown pistils, and the secondary limbs are falling everywhere from weight. Probably smokable.

The others were the ones in question. the 'tweeners with lots of white pistils. Put them outside and mess with the light cycle and they would probably start popping nuts.

Anyway, it was a good brain exercise

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But I have water aerating and am getting ready to re-pot stuff. I think I have one each RIR and HQ that are male, but I am waiting to see more. No pistils

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Three beautiful
healthy
males...
IMG_0405.JPG
Both Rock Island Rockets - which means that the only reg left is the Homecoming Queen. It is showing no sexy parts yet, but the males popped quick. So I have room for flipping, One each Dank Sinatra and Left Behind. The SD x LT is gone soon, as are a few in the big tent, so up-potting can wait. I just want to see how these do over the next week to decide if I want to keep any other clones. IMG_0423.JPG
In here the Sacred Lotus is about the same stage as the SD x LT. and the Lemon Tree S1 is a mystery. Very silvery looking but very little amber, and looks like it could still be growing. IMG_0417.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sooooooo right now I have an interesting opportunity. I had 4 little clones in that yuuuuuge veg tent, and seedlings sturdy enough to handle whatever environment. My usual practice is to shift the babies to the veg tent and shut down the seed lights for a few weeks.

I want to see how long I can use this new little tent, so the two smaller LB are in the baby tent, the veg tent is empty and dark, IMG_0425.JPG
The two LB 4-tops are flipped (bottom two), and a DS clone and flower clone (top two). Dank Sinatra is for smoke, and I know it's gonna be good - so clones. But I have more beans. One clone. Don't know which yet. PJP top right, and SC on the left are fems. How many of the LB clones I end up keeping will depend on the Homecoming Queen sex. Those are special though, limited supply of beans and none in my pocket. 6 beans to get one girl. So I'll flower out what I have room for without crowding.
IMG_0435.JPG
This tent is only full for a few days. The Sacred Lotus is good. I had some 'early' (5-10% amber) and it is good smoke. The other two were in the 20-25% range and the early nug was good as well. All of it will get better, but it was very similar buzz-wise. I dumped it all in together and I have a topped-off half gallon, The SL clone is going early as it really doesn't seem to matter so much It's all good and greasy. It will chop when I take down the Heisens tomorrow.
IMG_0431.JPG
I also think I'll have a decent supply of DS just from this girl that's starting to fade a little. IMG_0432.JPGIMG_0433.JPGIMG_0432 (2).JPG
If you want a good easy-to-clone crop for some fire, this DS flower clone was in a one gallon pot - what didn't break off. IMG_0434.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On the clones, I'm re-potting what I'm keeping, so that decision is soon.

Next drop is stacking up nice.
I have three Homecoming Queen left that may or may not get wet.
The rest will be two each - or one fem if any mail shows up that needs attention ;)
Rock Island Rocket until I get a girl, so, every other drop.
SSHP x Baguettes because I want to try me some Baguettes - and in case the HQ beans go the full Monty. If I get a girl HQ, then that one is flexible.
92 Grape Musk Another of the James Family mystery strains - "2016 F1 cross between Mendocino Purps and my fathers A.P.E." but the A.P.E. is an unknown.
Pig Whistle from Greenpoint - Red Headed Stranger #14 x Stardawg - supposed to be stinky :)

And then who knows.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm getting mentally ready to chop and trim 4 plants today. The SL clone was a hot mess so I did that first.. Skinny stems and fat nugs drooping all over.
The seed plant was actually better/sturdier. I think I didn't prune enough after flip. Each limb was still between 40g and 60g, and 195g total just more branches and smaller nugs.

The H-plants are next.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The last 7 plants I've chopped have been eerily similar in weight. Average is just under 200g/plant

And since there is very little larf it's working out to about 2oz dry.

angel4us

Super Active Member

I just had an electrician buddy install a rebuilt carrier 14 kw home standby generator !! He does service on 158 generals in local area and had three nice used ones he rebuilt stator and rotor (????)
2500$ plus 700 to install it ... but the new transfer switch is cost him like 700 bucks so I made out pretty good
Maybe look around your area for similar service men and ask about used units

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the last two of my Heisen testers. Putting more pic on his page. I am DYING to ess how these two play out with the weight per pot thing. I bet it's closer than it looks. node-spacing can be deceptive ;)
These are the Lemon-tree batch. The Sundae Driver cross smells like a pineapple. The S1 is tall, and has almost no pistils left, and very few amber. Silver. Still has the lemon pledge smell, but getting a smoky-deisel note to it.
IMG_0445.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Dank Sinatra (bottom left) will be the next non-Heisen chop.
IMG_0467.JPGIMG_0462.JPGIMG_0463.JPGIMG_0466.JPG
The Homecoming Queen (bottom right) is beautiful, and still androgenous... PJP (top right) is telling me to feed it next watering :)
IMG_0469.JPG
These are getting soaked every two days now, but they are not dangerously dry or wilting in that time. I think re-potting is up next, which means they won't fit in here. So that answers my question. It would be just as easy to repot them and move them as to try and hold them in here for no reason. But the new tent set-up works. Might put it on 12/12 for a few weeks to for the clones when I re-pot the seedlings.
IMG_0468.JPG