The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those little usb fans are definitely for seedlings at best. Super quiet, but I have moved them down to blow directly on the plants. Ad says they were about 50 CFM, I think that is total between the two. That said it was only about $15. Definitely a gentle breeze. Don't know if it would blow away a gnat...

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I put the next size bigger (S7) in the cart for later. I think it might be more what I wanted, and these will be perfect for the drying closet.
The S7 has each fan at 50ish CFM

But so far, I have been impressed with everything AC Infinity. I wish they had oscillating fans.

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I put the next size bigger (S7) in the cart for later. I think it might be more what I wanted, and these will be perfect for the drying closet.
The S7 has each fan at 50ish CFM

But so far, I have been impressed with everything AC Infinity. I wish they had oscillating fans.
I got the S7-P’s and they don’t move much at all either. I’m using one as an intake fan on the veg tent and the other is just resting on the floor blowing a bit of air upwards.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got the S7-P’s and they don’t move much at all either. I’m using one as an intake fan on the veg tent and the other is just resting on the floor blowing a bit of air upwards.
They are definitely task specific. I am thinking that these could actually be mounted on the extender for that large propagator I have as intake/exhaust. By the time plants (like clones) would be ready for it, it would be great airflow with little wind.

I will pass on that one for now, because I think it will be perfect for swirling the air around the buds in the drying closet. Then again, for $15 I can get a few more.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’d gladly pay a little more for fans that actually last. I’m what 18 months into growing and I’ve got 4 dead fans now I think.

Almost as many dehumidifiers... Thanks nafta/China.
Thanks unions for making any Amerian version too expensive - or a non-starter at even making one to compete.

As soon as the scamdemic is put to rest and everything opens, manufacturing will start back up. Any company that wanted to make fans, lights, QB's, etc. in America would make bank. I have seen more "plant light" led's on the shelf from GE and Phillips, but unless and untill it is federally decriminalized I don't see them going full-on "weed lights" - where a small start-up could. And I am talking manufacturing boards and such - not putting together Chinese or Korean stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
IMG_0356.JPG
These all just got various dry feeds based on pistil stage or lack thereof. SL clone got Fruit & Flower, probably it's last feeding. I have room to flip the three fems when they are ready, the PJP pretty much ready.

Stoner interlude - No pic of the Purple Jelly Pie - so I am going to take one because this is how I really decide stuff 🤪

The pic - the cheap seats are future culls when they dry out. Center mass is the keepers, all female, the three in the middle fem-beans.
IMG_0357.JPG
They'll all get repotted into 3g's as I flip them, and the first bean (or two with the Sangria Cookies) for me is just to get a good taste.

I have enough prepared water leftover, and just enough new FFHF left before busting out the new bag.
The stars are aligned for me to repot and flip the PJP.

Probably be another pic or three later...

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
View attachment 76423
These all just got various dry feeds based on pistil stage or lack thereof. SL clone got Fruit & Flower, probably it's last feeding. I have room to flip the three fems when they are ready, the PJP pretty much ready.

Stoner interlude - No pic of the Purple Jelly Pie - so I am going to take one because this is how I really decide stuff 🤪

The pic - the cheap seats are future culls when they dry out. Center mass is the keepers, all female, the three in the middle fem-beans.
View attachment 76425
They'll all get repotted into 3g's as I flip them, and the first bean (or two with the Sangria Cookies) for me is just to get a good taste.

I have enough prepared water leftover, and just enough new FFHF left before busting out the new bag.
The stars are aligned for me to repot and flip the PJP.

Probably be another pic or three later...
So my second last grow, I up-potted, topped for eight tops and flipped to 12-12 all within a week I believe.

The plants turned out great, but they weren’t root bound. I’m wondering If I left anything on the table by not letting the roots develop more prior to flipping.

This time around, I should find out since the plants will have been in the three gallons at least three weeks prior to being flipped.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So my second last grow, I up-potted, topped for eight tops and flipped to 12-12 all within a week I believe.

The plants turned out great, but they weren’t root bound. I’m wondering If I left anything on the table by not letting the roots develop more prior to flipping.

This time around, I should find out since the plants will have been in the three gallons at least three weeks prior to being flipped.
I'm actually wanting to keep the plants smaller. Like - forever.

First run of a strain (I have about 60 for the time being...) I just want to try a plant to see if it goes on my "WOW!" list to grow more of. But they are regs, and I don't want to spend all that time vegging a male.

The Dank Sinatra and Left Behind are examples of my plan for "those" strains. I dropped three beans, found a girl, then cloned her. I took clones at two different stages of flower, when I was pruning lower stuff anyway. So I am keeping both of the Left Behind just because I don't have any more beans. But the Dank Sinatra clones are down to two keepers - and that will depend on space. Might just keep one if the ones I just flipped are all girls.

Regs makes it fun :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Old ST1R but there are still a lot of strains I have that I haven't tried yet, plus more coming soon. With the limited space I have, more strains, fewer plants, and re-run or clone ones that interest me.

I have several of those strains already just in my limited career.

Anywhoooooo - I flipped the PJP. She's in the 3g, and so far has needed no training. Beautiful plant. I'm keeping those 4 center shoots then prune the tops up until they get pistils. That worked well on the BHP amd Momma Moonshine to get a few extra tops without it detracting from the main cola.
IMG_0363.JPG
I stuck it on the shelf,
IMG_0358.JPG
Then I remembered I had another shelf. I can adjust that top shelf down if needed. Or just shift back to the short one if they stretch a lot.
IMG_0359.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I'm actually wanting to keep the plants smaller. Like - forever.

First run of a strain (I have about 60 for the time being...) I just want to try a plant to see if it goes on my "WOW!" list to grow more of. But they are regs, and I don't want to spend all that time vegging a male.

The Dank Sinatra and Left Behind are examples of my plan for "those" strains. I dropped three beans, found a girl, then cloned her. I took clones at two different stages of flower, when I was pruning lower stuff anyway. So I am keeping both of the Left Behind just because I don't have any more beans. But the Dank Sinatra clones are down to two keepers - and that will depend on space. Might just keep one if the ones I just flipped are all girls.

Regs makes it fun :)
On my last grow, as I described, I netted about 2 zips per plant, that was with 8 tops per plant. It’ll be interesting to see what I yield this time around with a more developed root system and only four tops per plant. .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On my last grow, as I described, I netted about 2 zips per plant, that was with 8 tops per plant. It’ll be interesting to see what I yield this time around with a more developed root system and only four tops per plant. .
Yeah, between an ounce and a half and two has been my average with the 4-tops. Shifting down to 3-gallon I expect a little drop, but looking at the Heisen closet, maybe not.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The babies are all doing well
IMG_0375.JPG
I did the actual culling, but reconsidered the Left Behind clones. Since I don't have any more beans I'll wait a bit. Water is cheap. I also kept the one regular DS clone for now. Really taking off, and with some selective topping it might be fine. Maybr 5 tops.
IMG_0374.JPG
The HC x RS have a really crazy bud structure. should be interesting.
IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0371.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a process when I need to feed/water/prune etc. I'll scratch in the fertilizer, water it in, then take care of the plant while it drains.
IMG_0368.JPG
When I did that giving each of these a last feeding (except the Cheap Thrills) I pruned away any fans that had no keif.
IMG_0367.JPG
And three of them have almost no white pistils left and the browns are skinny and tight. So I wasted a little nutes. I've never tasted anything in the buds using the organic stuff though so that shouldn't be an issue. But a few of these will be gone soon.IMG_0369.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Having two HLG65's instead of one is beneficial. Even with the little exhaust fan on it gets to 82F though. That may work well as it cools off for the winter, but I may need to upgrade to an actual exhaust.
They got a decent amount of water two days in a row, maybe a quarter cup each squirted around the outside. It was enough to feel the water-weight, and enough to tell that it was gone the next day. They got soaked to run-off today (day 11) which was into the second week with one board. IMG_0386.JPG
Lights went off as I was buttoning up so while I was at it I snapped the closet too
IMG_0387.JPG

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Hope your dank sinatra turns out like ours. It’s bowl weed for us. Absolutely ripper, just finished a bowl.. 😀 Think it’s 8 months old now. Beautiful smell still. Super dense buds. Still beautiful too. Hope this run I’m doing turns out the same. If not I’ll try again. I got 3 fairly different females from this run of f3’s.

High is a couch locker but it leaves your brain still rolling along.

I really hope yours turns out as special as ours. Hope this next run is a repeat.