The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Had the fam in town for the long weekend so it was a good time to let things settle down here.
Heisen testers are killing it. and I might get a quarter-bag out of the little top.
IMG_9658.JPGIMG_9638.JPG
The LT x SD is propped up (shorty) and the WC x DD is on the floor instead of a plant caddy (taller). The other three are about the same size.
The shorty is also a week behing on flip so no stretch yet.
IMG_9657.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm making room tonight to flip the giant dwarf :) Based on the strain I think the DS that took off is male, time to find out.
The shorter DS got some LST and is in no hurry.
IMG_9665.JPG
I repotted everything else to get them to about the same starting height. Tall ones deep and such. Nothing showing so much as a hiccup.
IMG_9666.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My next drop is depending on the Sacred Lotus.
IMG_9641.JPGIMG_9646.JPGIMG_9648.JPGIMG_9649.JPG

Stoner trying to explain stuff so beware - I don't dig bro-science, but some of it is based on actual science.

I think for planning purposes the best old-stoner's tale I have picked up on is that when you see the first good sprinkling of brown pistils, (more than just one random one here and there) you have about 3 weeks until the plants are at least minimally harvestable (low percentage of amber trichomes, but they are there).

Letting them go the extra week or so after that fit's with the rotation of letting the next plants veg 4 weeks before flip. I have two flower rooms, so it works out to wait to drop until I see browns on the next crop to harvest.

Sooooooo if I have to flip the crop in the veg tent still in the veg tent - that won't mess up the rotation, but dropping the next set before I know I'll have room will.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner notes. I top fed the heisen testers for the first time when I topped them. several didn't like that and got the uglies for a few sets of leaves.

These babies haven't been fed yet except some liquid supplements - big bloom and whatnot, but no real food.

I think I'll feed them next then top later.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Side window shot, so the Left Behind is at the bottom. I topped the two girls, and 4 of the HC x RS. Some were ready, some weren't, one needed water... the individual attention starts now. Tedious but worth it.

Nothing is showing signs of needing food desparately, so I'm reversing the topping and the feeding - still not doing them at the same time.
👆 This is how bro-science begins :)
IMG_9705.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Momma Moonshine - damn!
For context, I was getting ready to head out and run some errands. I burned one while getting ready to go...
I am doing a smoke report instead - I ain't going nowhere for a bit 🤪
IMG_9706.JPG
This was the landrace Thai and Raspberry Moonshine cross from mysturis420 (some other forum) that @J.James sent me to try.
This was the plant with the red sap when I topped her.

There is a hint of sweet/berry - but it's mostly musty dankness. I dump it out and check for bad ju-ju every time I open the jar, but that's just how it smells. When it's ground up there's a harsh, almost body-odor funk to it. But in a good way 😁

I may be off on THC% guestimations, but this is face-punch compared to other stuff I have. Has to be in the 25% range, or have some wierd combo of THC/CBD/CBG/whatever that just works.

The funk stops at the grind though. Very tasty smoke. Like a mildly flavored cigar - think Acid cigars from Drew Estates

D

Deleted member 60

Stoner notes. I top fed the heisen testers for the first time when I topped them. several didn't like that and got the uglies for a few sets of leaves.

These babies haven't been fed yet except some liquid supplements - big bloom and whatnot, but no real food.

I think I'll feed them next then top later.
Mine topped very well. they didn't even slow down.

Question: So what are "real" nutes in your book? Big Bloom is a bit weak but it's definitely a fert.... Just wondering. We all see this shit differently.

lookin good.........

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mine topped very well. they didn't even slow down.

Question: So what are "real" nutes in your book? Big Bloom is a bit weak but it's definitely a fert.... Just wondering. We all see this shit differently.

lookin good.........
I use top feeds - 'real nutes' with actual numbers in all the NPK slots bigger than 1 or 2 🤪 I just think of the bottled stuff as additives.
I don't use any of the actual bottled nutes (the other two in their 3-pack) but I do use the other micro-this-that-and-the-other.

So when the H testers were ready for topping (still in the small pots) I top-dressed them at the same time. Might be any of a number of things besides the nutes, but I got what could have been either nute-burn or deficiency on the lower leaves on a few. They all grw out of it fine.

Mysturis420

The Momma Moonshine - damn!
For context, I was getting ready to head out and run some errands. I burned one while getting ready to go...
I am doing a smoke report instead - I ain't going nowhere for a bit 🤪
View attachment 72175
This was the landrace Thai and Raspberry Moonshine cross from mysturis420 (some other forum) that @J.James sent me to try.
This was the plant with the red sap when I topped her.

There is a hint of sweet/berry - but it's mostly musty dankness. I dump it out and check for bad ju-ju every time I open the jar, but that's just how it smells. When it's ground up there's a harsh, almost body-odor funk to it. But in a good way 😁

I may be off on THC% guestimations, but this is face-punch compared to other stuff I have. Has to be in the 25% range, or have some wierd combo of THC/CBD/CBG/whatever that just works.

The funk stops at the grind though. Very tasty smoke. Like a mildly flavored cigar - think Acid cigars from Drew Estates
I'm glad you enjoyed her friend i do lol also great description you hit the nail right on the head with that description I gotta say your a true stoner lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sacred Lotus by @J.James - I have two pheno's ! (and no clue which the clone came from :ROFLMAO:)
I also have the first plant I may cull mid-flower. I have been tempted to cull it several times, but didn't need the room. The front left and the ones on the right are thriving - The back left is not drinking a thing. Yellow leaves, and it's taking up space. I may actually yank it and see what the roots look like, then down-pot it. It's a tiny plant for the 5gal pot.
These pics were during watering, before I jammed the other plants back in. I flipped the other DS, so it's crowded.
IMG_9710.JPG
This front one has an almost citrus smell, but none of them are stink-bombs yet. This one shows no brown pistils yet. This is the one holding up the next drop :) The back one is the cull-candidate.
IMG_9712.JPG
These two have a more sour smell - still nothing face-slap - but they both have pistils turning all over. They'll chop by this time next month.
IMG_9711.JPG
And the clone is the main reason I'm considering culling. This is a champ.
IMG_9714.JPG