The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’ve never observed a snake with its trunk form all kinked up like that before and then you explained why . I wonder if it’s a survival technique common only to this species. Looks bizarre
I found a rat snake last fall. warming up in the sun. I thought it was dehydrated because the kinky thing was even more pronounced. I grabbed a handy stick, and gave her a nudge and she straightened out fast, quick, and in a hurry! I grabbed that one and brought it closer to the house. This one I left alone since it was already by the house :) Might be the same one.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
I found a rat snake last fall. warming up in the sun. I thought it was dehydrated because the kinky thing was even more pronounced. I grabbed a handy stick, and gave her a nudge and she straightened out fast, quick, and in a hurry! I grabbed that one and brought it closer to the house. This one I left alone since it was already by the house :) Might be the same one.
Are they venomous. I’m thinking if you left one near your house maybe not ?correction , two near your house .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since no one wants to get bored growing, when everything starts running smooth you mess around.

Dank Sinatra.
IMG_9565.JPG
I topped the one, and cloned the top. My plan is to flip the mom as soon as I know the clone took. Have an initial small plant and find out sex then work on the clone if it's a girl.

The two plants are very different, but both beautiful. It's likely boy/girl, but could be girls of different pheno's.

I want to try my hand at having one small plant, but clone the top a few times to keep her going when I find a girl.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Makes sense rather than using toxic pesticides . They’re sneaky little reptiles as half the time you wouldn’t even know they’re around .
Exactly - so as long as you don't step directly on them you're good. I could have gotten much closer to that snake and messed with it, but I didn't want to scare it away.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
They will kill copper heads also, ive seen it
I dont like snake but i like seeing a black snake around or 4 lol
Yep I’m not a huge fan of snakes also but they have a place in the food chain I suppose. Most of our native snakes besides a few Pythons are nasty fuckers though that are more than likely going to take you down town big time. I used to always be nervous back in my bushland growing days lugging water to my crop waiting for that tap on the leg to start the shit fight .

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Crocodiles can be full bastards as well. They’ve ambushed and shredded many a unsuspecting tourist that couldn’t resist that little dip in a stream or pond . They can be absolutely anywhere as well on our North East coast . You’ll get a 15ft Croc in a 20ft long waterhole a couple feet deep and you will have no idea until its upon you . I’ve heard some pretty nasty stories over the years

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Oh come on mate . It’s not all bad . We have fuzzy Koala Bears stoned from eating Eucalyptus leaves all day . We sort of model ourselves on their behaviour. Sit around all day ripped and do stuff all . Not much snow and the highest percentage of skin cancer in the world due to plenty of sun. What’s not to love ?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The seedlings all look good, I put some LST on the Sundae Driver x Lemon Tree, and the Dank Sinatra are adorable :ROFLMAO:
IMG_9581.JPG
The other Heisen testers got bent. The SL clone is almost ready to go in with her taller sisters. She got double-bent. Out to get some spread, but then back in to keep it from being 3 feet wide.
IMG_9582.JPG
Sacret Lotus are getting plump now so stretch is done. IMG_9574.JPG
Going to get plump top to bottom.IMG_9575.JPGIMG_9576.JPGIMG_9578.JPGIMG_9579.JPG