The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'll see how it works out, but the HLG135 that is in my skinny tent will just shift, along with the 4" exhaust.
I have a 6" exhaust in the 40x40 now, but it is ventillating an HLG260.
I have an extra 135 that I can add but I don't think I'll need it just for veg. And it might make the 4" exhaust useless if I do.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I need a label printer!....its getting ridiculous and when you have not smoked or grown the strain it wont pass the smell test...

As in i cant smell my way to identification.

Fem beans are great because.....you can just up pot them. I keep the regs in 1G until they show up with sex on. But i veg everything that long now anyway so most stuff stays in 1gs.

How many pots you fit in the 3 x 3 ? All 1 gallons?

I think i had 4 in it max at one time before.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I need a label printer!....its getting ridiculous and when you have not smoked or grown the strain it wont pass the smell test...

As in i cant smell my way to identification.

Fem beans are great because.....you can just up pot them. I keep the regs in 1G until they show up with sex on. But i veg everything that long now anyway so most stuff stays in 1gs.

How many pots you fit in the 3 x 3 ? All 1 gallons?

I think i had 4 in it max at one time before.
P-touch label maker I got was cheap. A sharpie on the lid works well.

I can pick out the ILGM Northern Lights by smell - and that's about it. Smells like spearmint.

I don't have a 3x3, but just for veg and tiny plants you can fit 16 (4x4) of the 1gal nursery pots in easy. If you did try to keep that many and flower in 1gal, it would have to be a SOG.

In the 40 x 40 I can fit 25 in easy. And that works great for regs but I am putting the girls in 3gal from now on instead of 5. I could jam 16 of those in, but it would be a pain in the ass without an auto watering system, and i don't need that much weed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For coco (i am not sure about soil i grew in coco a long time)....2 to 3 gallon pots are THE best return on investment. I picked up a dozen. I will keep 5s for soil.
I was putting everything in 5gal but I always check pots when I dump the soil and knock the dirt off the roots, and I did the same when I did a tent-full of 3gal. Nothing was rootbound, which was my only concern. I'll take getting a quart from each plant and have more plants over bigger plants in bigger pots with longer veg to get 2 quarts.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Manifold lesson number last.
The SL have good tops now. so they got their last pruning. I don't care how much or how many flower sites I leave, but every secondary sprout that achieves a decent stem and a second node got gone.
View attachment 69131
All were on the lowest remaining sets, and if I took one I took both - even if one was long and one short. View attachment 69130
This should get me the golfball size nugs leading up to the top. This is the tallest limb that put out the most post-flip flower sites.
View attachment 69132
Is that frost on the fan leaves that is starting to form on the Sacred Lotus?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Good lesson to be learned here . Don't take the first thing you hear and make it fact. Try stuff on your own to make determinations about things. And if u do any kind of comparing it should at least start w clones as the subject. 🤠

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also pot size should be determined by length of veg. Jmho
Beware - just smoked a fatty - rambling may follow - look for the good stuff.

The lesson from the guy that taught me how to grow said that a quart of soil per week of grow is a good safe way to make sure the pots aren't too small. This is just based on when they might start getting rootbound if left in smaller pots.

4-week veg and 8-week flower means 3gal is perfect. Longer flowering a 5 would be better. Again, that is just to be safe. You can flower out in a solo cup, but it's a lot more work.

But based on how I grow - my style of pruning where there is not a lot for the plant to feed, the fact that I don't do a long veg unless the plant dictates it, and using less intensity on the lights - means that for me the 3gal should be fine as far as keeping the plants healthy.

I based all my repots up to now on watering. The only thing I keep track of is what I did last - when I fed or watered each plant.

If it takes 2-3 days for the plant to drink a pot-ful it's good. I have been trying to to the repot after I know they are girls or at flip for fems into what their final pot should be. Guessing wrong I have repotted plants 8 weeks into flower from a 3 to a 5 because it was drinking everything in a day.

Now I'll just deal with the daily waterings if needed. I'm retired :cool: so a 3gallon pot will be my final destination unless obvious rootbound issues arise.