The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
A couple of shots from the garden.

This morning i poured 2 1/2 gallons of H2O2 on the jack herer and took the other one off the line and flushed it as well. They both have that funky rotten smell but after the flush they smell clean.

I will let them dry out a bit and then flush with PH water later and see what happens.

MxP Stem that was super cropped. Looking all fancy!

DSCF1520.JPG

2 Dubsteps early in flower.

DSCF1518.JPG
Poor Jack...fight that root rot jack
DSCF1516.JPG

Today i am getting more h2o2. I got the 29% stuff 1 quart made 10 quarts of 3 % solution.
I will see if 3% is cheaper :D

But wow you need gloves. That stuff is hot. If a drop finds a cut you will know it.

I will also clean out all of the autopots that are on the system again tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
A couple of shots from the garden.

This morning i poured 2 1/2 gallons of H2O2 on the jack herer and took the other one off the line and flushed it as well. They both have that funky rotten smell but after the flush they smell clean.

I will let them dry out a bit and then flush with PH water later and see what happens.

MxP Stem that was super cropped. Looking all fancy!

View attachment 12018

2 Dubsteps early in flower.

View attachment 12019
Poor Jack...fight that root rot jack
View attachment 12020

Today i am getting more h2o2. I got the 29% stuff 1 quart made 10 quarts of 3 % solution.
I will see if 3% is cheaper :D

But wow you need gloves. That stuff is hot. If a drop finds a cut you will know it.

I will also clean out all of the autopots that are on the system again tomorrow morning.
Those two Dubsteps are quite different. How does the stem rub on them compare?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will check in the morning before i smoke a doob. One of them might be something else. There was a mad bean sprouting confusion there for a while.

Something funny...The white rhino smells like nothing...the purple cake and skeleton cookies already smell loud.

Thanks @HydroRed man your version of this flood and drain is really good. I also got a 100 GPH pump so it is a little tamer.

These are 6 litre pots (can fit 4 and 2 of the small ones) and i also got 5 litre ones (can fit 8)
10 gallons TDS 850 with 10ml silica 10mlcalmag and 35 grams of Megacrop. Water started at 0 PH 5.9

All are under a 240 watt 4k samsung strip fixture in 80kCRI

I put the solo cup in there for now until i can get a light out of the flower room :D It is the without the clay pebbles.

:D
DSCF1523[1].JPG

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I will check in the morning before i smoke a doob. One of them might be something else. There was a mad bean sprouting confusion there for a while.

Something funny...The white rhino smells like nothing...the purple cake and skeleton cookies already smell loud.

Thanks @HydroRed man your version of this flood and drain is really good. I also got a 100 GPH pump so it is a little tamer.

These are 6 litre pots (can fit 4 and 2 of the small ones) and i also got 5 litre ones (can fit 8)
10 gallons TDS 850 with 10ml silica 10mlcalmag and 35 grams of Megacrop. Water started at 0 PH 5.9

All are under a 240 watt 4k samsung strip fixture in 80kCRI

I put the solo cup in there for now until i can get a light out of the flower room :D It is the without the clay pebbles.

:D
View attachment 12043
Easy peasy! Thats a pretty good fit in that tent. Those 240W seem to light it up well too.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I had to dial the light down. It was too much stress and purple cake wasnt looking so good. I will see if can resuscitate it. I have beans on standby.

The two jack herers still had water in the bottom of the pots from the slow fizzle of h202. They dont stink anymore. I got 1 gallon of 30% h2o2 for future emergencies and cleaning out systems. It was 30 bucks for the gallon.

After stem rubbing those two heisenbeans they are different plants.

The smaller leaved one stinks like a chemical funk. I will pull that pot off the system and check it out to see if it is getting that root rot funk. If anything is suspect i will hand water it off the system and flush if needed. It looks like it needs more nitrogen.
DSCF1526.JPG

Nasty like the GG4 that is growing. Almost makes you wrinkle your nose with a burnt rubber wire smell kind of. I think that is dubstep.

The other is probably purple punch. The leaf pattern is the same and it smells like the other purple punch. Which is a lot fruitier and not so much a chemical fire.
DSCF1524.JPG
The good news is i label the shit out of stuff now. I am not doing that again.

I am soaking a few beans to replace the soon to be deaders.

Flowers are ripening now too on the others.
The Trainwreck and White widow are hardening up the buds now. Hairs turning color and the smell is shifting. Day 38 of flower.

Purple punch flower
DSCF1539.JPG
GG4 flower
DSCF1529.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Crop King autos love the pool deck. If not for that damned street light i would have gigantic hesienbeans out there but they will 100% hermy under that light. So autos it is.

That square bucket plant was the solo cup giveup. Turning out pretty damned good.

I got some fancy organic soil and topped up all of the pots. I figured it was better than nutes and everything is organic so i might not need to do anything. It has been raining every 3 days or so.

And i put 2 space gorilla and 2 purple cake in paper towels. I think I murdered the purple cake so its time to start it over. The good news is it offers time space between harvests and should allow some space so i can adjust things. And I think these 2 and the Stardawg CC will be my favorite flavors.

I was going to run GMOcake but the description of the flavor....wow. I think i will wait on that one. :D

I am going to use the 4k 315 bulb full run next round to see if i can shorten some internodal distance with the light :D I have room for 3 or 4 in the flood and drain so we will see what happens.

The GG4 took me a long time to get going because of my newbness with water systems so i need to figure it out. We will get there ASAP !!!

20190630_103344.jpg20190630_103331.jpg20190630_103326.jpg20190630_103320.jpg

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The flower room is starting to take on a whole new dankness. :)
The 2 jacks have stabilized and are ripening FASTER as a result of the damage. Buds are dense and the hairs are all going brown and turning in.
At least the eyesores will be gone soon.

I made the 2nd flood and drain (27 gallon) so I am ready for the next phase now. I did end up using an autopot as a planter. I will revive the purple cake and hand water it in the 4 gallon pot.

I will sell the 4 autopot system with rez etc. I will keep the 3 big ones and other systems.

I sprouted 2 space gorillas and 2 purple cake. 1 of each in the flood and drain and 1 of each in 3 gallon pots with coco coir.

Trainwreck buds are looking good. Fat and long and packing on some density. Smells GREAT too.
DSCF1541.JPG
DSCF1543.JPG
GG4(L) and Purple Punch(R) soaking up the cobs.
DSCF1548.JPG
GG4
DSCF1544.JPG
Purple punch...brown spot is a touch of some hot chemical (h202 or PH down).
DSCF1550.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This morning I culled big Jack. The bloom room smelled like hay after a harvest and that aint going to work in MY bloom room so fuck you jack...you are a rosin pressing learning experience now bitch.

Tomorrow i take all pots off that line and start hand watering like a 4 gallon planter pot. We can finish it that way and nothing else has to suffer. :D

In other learning curve news...wow the PH on water systems can swing around fast. My poor babies were in 6.5 and that is what almost killed the GG4.

We are back to 5.5 for now and i will see what happens. I am hoping it rebounds. For the next while until i get this down I will plant one in a 6 litre pot with coco and 1 in the water system so at least something will make it !!!

This fall i will build a heisen system like in the DIY and add to the collection. RO system is going in next week.

I converted my grandmas secret garden to the seed sprouter. I also found the lizard mat so i think the seed sprouting will be as good as it can henceforth (peat plugs in a jiffy tray after seed crack or sprout and then under a mars 48 just the blues (40 watts) with a small heat pad under the sprouter. This will be the cloner when i get time to make it and find those 14 inch air stones i put someplace not in the growroom...fuck i need an assistant.

All 4 seeds sprouted with 1/2 inch tails in 24 hours using white bounty paper towel and tap water and in an 80 degree environment. 2 space gorilla and 2 purple cake. Heisenbeans are fine and i got my mojo back.

2 more bubble buckets arrive next week. No more autopots for me. I think it will just be taming wild beasts from here on in...floating in a bubble bucket. I bet that purple punch has 1 to 2 gallons of roots in that bucket. I have never seen anything like it.

For my next adventure (space gorilla and purple cake) i will put 1 each in a 1.5 gallon coco pot and 1 in a bubble bucket. I will dick around with the flood and drain until i know i have it right and then I am testing some eso seeds with a dedicated flood and drain for whatever we are running.

The removal of jack the dirty bitch has resulted in room to bloom something else...and we can't have that. I think perpetual just means full all the time :D

But some things still worked out REALLY good too. Like this pair of getting close and the MxP I am still not sure of...looks indica in the bud department.

And I did the smoke test in the flower room (in the dark of course) and the smell is taken out of the room. You can not smell it anywhere. Handy to know :D

White Widow buds
DSCF1559.JPG
Maybe MxP?
DSCF1558.JPG
Splendorous TrAiNwReCk...4 to 5 oz off of this one i think she takes up about 8 to 9 square feet. The buds you see are about 10 to 12 inches long and hard as a pencil eraser. :D If I can make it to the finish line this is the first success in the new space...Hooray!!!
DSCF1557.JPGDSCF1556.JPG
Jiffy seed sprouter in a 16 x 28 x 36 inch grow box with a mars 48 at 40 watts (veg) and a reptile mat under the sprouter. We are shifting to 100% success now. Tired of doing it wrong.

This growbox will be my cloner when i get the tub in and add the airstones.
DSCF1554.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The garden got the move around. I culled the other sick jack too.
Currently 1 rez feeds just the dubstep
1 rez feeds the other 2 left in autopots. Train wreck and Purple Punch It is PP for sure now that i see it stretching. The autopot makes it smaller but it will still be almost touching the lights.

2 bubble buckets arrived yesterday and are cleaned setup and ready to go..

Now the 315 is just for the trainwreck and it is 9 square feet (3 x 3 squares of tile under the 315). The heisenbeans get too tall to stay under this giant fixture.

I put the purple punch under the 3k cobs and the board with 660 pretty red chips. The board can go about 6 inches higher than the cobs. So I may end up putting the glue under it.

DSCF1569.JPG

DSCF1573.JPG
And look at these roots. Insane...I think they are stained from the megacrop. It could be why that purple punch got so big..now they are bud stacking roots !
DSCF1574[1].JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

dstroy

Insanely Active Member
The garden got the move around. I culled the other sick jack too.
Currently 1 rez feeds just the dubstep
1 rez feeds the other 2 left in autopots. Train wreck and Purple Punch It is PP for sure now that i see it stretching. The autopot makes it smaller but it will still be almost touching the lights.

2 bubble buckets arrived yesterday and are cleaned setup and ready to go..

Now the 315 is just for the trainwreck and it is 9 square feet (3 x 3 squares of tile under the 315). The heisenbeans get too tall to stay under this giant fixture.

I put the purple punch under the 3k cobs and the board with 660 pretty red chips. The board can go about 6 inches higher than the cobs. So I may end up putting the glue under it.

View attachment 12742

View attachment 12743
And look at these roots. Insane...I think they are stained from the megacrop. It could be why that purple punch got so big..now they are bud stacking roots !
View attachment 12746
Looks healthy to me. I use a lot of megacrop. Great job

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will be posting pics a lot less over the next 2 weeks. Family is in town and i am on covert missions early in the morning. But it is week 6 of 12 12.

For these 2 they are on day 30 of flower

And what do you think is causing this brown burn on the leaf? I thought i touched it with h202 or phdown but it isnt that for sure.

There are a few of these on the odd fan leaf of purple punch.
20190705_054753.jpg
pp
20190705_054739.jpg
gg4

20190705_054732.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I think this is not MxP...the stem rub smells different and not at all like that strain.

And the buds are way too chunky....this is a heisenbean. Dubstep maybe? Because it sure aint purple punch either :D
DSCF1592.JPGDSCF1591.JPG
White widow at day 42 of flower (week 6 down 1 or 3 to go)
DSCF1587.JPG
GG4
DSCF1584.JPG
Flood and drain rebound....TDS 850 PH 5.6 Hoping they green up a little better.
DSCF1582.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Had a bit of time before the old man woke up so i could get in and check stuff. But he got up at 6 so it was not a lot of time :D

The Jack culls dried out. They smell more like jack now and not like hay so i started cooking them in the ardent. I will save the big one for pressing if i dont dry it out too much. Until July 19 these kind of projects are impossible (family), hey mom lets press some rosin...

Purple Punch
DSCF1603.JPG
9 square foot train wreck. This plant would have filled my tent.
DSCF1599.JPG
Buds are ripening...Sticky and dank and wonderful. And these buds are over a foot long. As long as I can get it through the next 2 weeks without screwing it up too bad...this one is going to be a huge. I think 3 to 5 oz was way off. More like 8+ oz !
DSCF1598.JPG
Beauties like this.
DSCF1596.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So i cooked about an oz of jack herer from my root rotted plant. It has an earthy jack flavor and WOW do not eat a quarter of those buds.. So I have edibles for a really long time and about 4 oz of jack herer buds to put through the ardent and make some coconut oil and buds to eat. Not a loss at all and plenty of fibre.
Jack cut early is a racier buzz...more up than sleep which makes for a better edible and not sleeping on the couch at 7:30 watching family feud...or something.

Mystery Bean looking pretty nice. It loves that root farm crap where all other plants died in it.

Crazy

But crazy good.

DSCF1616 - Copy.JPG
This sick dubstep was the last pot on that autopot rez that went bust and got all funky. I said fuck it and took it off the rez. It doesnt stink so thats a good sign.
I flushed it well with PH 5.8 TDS 900 Calmag (150TDS) and Megacrop BudExplosion (16/2G per 5 gallons)
I think i can revive it.

I am down to just 2 autopots on a seperate rez that is doing ok.
DSCF1613 - Copy.JPG
Baby purple punch in the 3.5 gallon autopot is long too. Put them in short !
DSCF1612 - Copy.JPG
Better canopy thanks to some tomato wire i found in my box of stuff so i tied the giant GG4 branches down so they are away from the lights. And LED may not be hot but they will singe the top of your bald head ! Ouch. Now how do i explain the red circles on the top of my head :D UFOS !!!
Speaking of UFOS... 3 space gorillas sprouted after 36 hours and are in peat plugs. The rapid rooter kind. I found 30 of them in my grow room closet. I should organize that shit.
DSCF1611.JPG

White Rhino (L) Space Gorilla(R) and finally figuring out the flood and drain. The white rhino was originally the runner up in selection for the solocup.

I keep topping that white rhino to keep it low enough i can get something to catch up.

I fixed the PH and TDS problem and now they are growing. The hydro learning curve but i am getting them to live longer! I did the exact same thing with the waterfarm and bubblebucket i have to keep the PH right and i will have faster growth at the beginning.

And i will try the 5 lire pots next time to fit more !. These are 7s (1.7 gallons roughly)
DSCF1610.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This morning I realized that that flood and drain has to get in the flower room or they will get too big for my clearance . I will be getting more room in the next 2 to 3 weeks. We are very very close to harvest time. I would be surprised if trainwreck goes 2 more weeks it looks more ripe every day now.
DSCF1648.JPGDSCF1651.JPG

DSCF1647.JPGDSCF1646.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
LOL. The good news is...its on 20 amp circuit.

The mess looks bad but one is a bar that runs the timer for the flood and drain and the other is how i got 1 timer to power 3 lights. One of these days i will just get some really wide power bars (4 footers) and wall mount them 4 feet high and it will look a lot nicer.
LMAOOL. Just yankin’ your chain man.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I still get my morning farming time so life is good. And yesterday we fixed a fan and a toilet and this weekend I put that laundry tub in the bathroom...and then the RO water system...
Its coming along.
I picked up 35 gallons of water yesterday and used 20 of it since. So that RO system is very necessary.

It smells GREAT in there. That Trainwreck is now louder than all others. Wow does it smell of fruity fantastic.

The flood and drain is now working really well in the flower room. And the girls liked the water change and warmer conditions.
DSCF1652.JPG

Back to bud shots..
Mystery Bean.. The one with the long, big inter-node distance, beefy heisenbean structure and not the whispy mxp structure
DSCF1660.JPGDSCF1662.JPG

DSCF1660.JPG
Purple punch....starting to smell just like that bag of weed i had...I love this flavor
DSCF1659.JPG
GG4
DSCF1657.JPGDSCF1655.JPG

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Autos on the deck. 3 auto amnesia (crop king) and 1 new humbolt tangerine dream auto in a 4 gallon autopot with organic soil. Doing pretty good. I think its time to actually feed those flowering girls. They are each about 5 to 8 days apart from each other in development.
Tangerine Dream is a fresh seed pop.
DSCF1669 - Copy.JPGDSCF1666 - Copy.JPGDSCF1665 - Copy.JPGDSCF1664 - Copy.JPG