The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The small pots were vegged 2 weeks. Once they were stable i put them in bloom. Because they are testers and i like to test them FAST. Lets taste those buds!

So far a 5 gallon coco pot really takes about 4 to 6 weeks to really fill the root mass...probably a week per gallon or so is about right (in coco)

A quart a week would be a much more developed root mass....but i love a big pot and i just cant lie..

I will never be convinced that bigger is not better...it just defies logic.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Thx for this . I gotta figure out why my guys are so dam short. Got good lighting and ventilation. It has to be because I veg at 23/1 . Right? Root growth is always good too. U got me thinking now I'm gonna throw a couple of smaller girls in and fill those empty spots in the bloom tent !

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If the root mass is not full enough in the pot when you put it in veg...much of the stretch and bud development will be consumed with root development.

The shit I learn as i go...But if i stop learning things i think it would get boring :D
YES!

That was the other thing he taught me. I was scared of repotting, and would go from a solo cup to a 5gal. Now it's a progression. I keep them in 1 gal until they are about as tall as the pot and flip. Since I was running regs I only up-potted the girls, so that worked to save soil as well.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
YES!

That was the other thing he taught me. I was scared of repotting, and would go from a solo cup to a 5gal. Now it's a progression. I keep them in 1 gal until they are about as tall as the pot and flip. Since I was running regs I only up-potted the girls, so that worked to save soil as well.
I find it difficult too the first few weeks after u go from solo to big pot to gauge your waterings. Especially w the fabric pots . What u use g?

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I find it difficult too the first few weeks after u go from solo to big pot to gauge your waterings.
Cup- or pot-weight, and how long it takes to get light. In soil I think 3 days is the optimum water cycle. They may take longer after a re-pot to lighten the pot, but the roots that can't reach the bottom need something after 3 days. I use a sprayer to get the top wet again.

When they start getting light every 3 days consistently I think about up-potting. That is for any size.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Thx for this . I gotta figure out why my guys are so dam short. Got good lighting and ventilation. It has to be because I veg at 23/1 . Right? Root growth is always good too. U got me thinking now I'm gonna throw a couple of smaller girls in and fill those empty spots in the bloom tent !
I read somewhere that the tops grow when the lights are on and the roots grow when the lights are off. Have you tried an 18/6 for veg?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
When the roots come out the bottom of the pot i find you can up pot (thanks Heathen!)

I use coco. I can water it all the time (I put them in a flood and drain so i dont spill it eveyrwhere). I will eventually make my entire veg space 1 giant flood and drain on a table fed and drained by a tote under it. Set it and forget it.

Like ronco.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I read somewhere that the tops grow when the lights are on and the roots grow when the lights are off. Have you tried an 18/6 for veg?
Think I'm gonna add an hour or two of dark and see if I get a little more stretch. The spaces between nodes is laughable right now and can't even imagine these heavy indicas going to bloom .

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Since the temps hit a max of 78...well things are getting FROSTY! and the colours are developing nicer. Aromas building very nicely on both of these.
Dubstep

1584179332469.png

Purple Punch.
1584179511674.png
1584179556374.png
And I broke my oil slick but she is taped back up...soon she will be in flower. Just waiting for the tops to all set from the last round of abuse. She is going to be HUGE !
20200314_050846.jpg

Last edited:

GCG

Dinosaur
Since the temps hit a max of 78...well things are getting FROSTY! and the colours are developing nicer. Aromas building very nicely on both of these.
Dubstep

View attachment 53010

Purple Punch.
View attachment 53011
View attachment 53012
And I broke my oil slick but she is taped back up...soon she will be in flower. Just waiting for the tops to all set from the last round of abuse. She is going to be HUGE !
View attachment 53013
Without electrical tape real close, Id have been screwed more than once training a plant. Cant wait to see that Oil slick. i think thats the only one I dont have. Looking good brother.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
@Jewels. man that is awesome. And it is super tasty and strong smoke. I have a mason jar of assorted buds and that one is very identifiable.
I do love some ghost og...i might have to try that hickock haze.

I discovered those 12 gallon totes actually fit sideways in the 20 x 36 tent..2 of them fit. This is very handy.
12-12 for the oil slick starts tomorrow (wifis for sexing in the tray), they are just about to show their sex bits.
DSCF4662.JPG
And a complete case of accidentl chuckery...chuck you male parts!

Squelchy. Welchie (Grape Sato x LVTK) x Skunky VA (skunky D X chem91va)
stem rub is horrendous skunky rubber, buds are smelling vaguely skunky blueberry_She is super sativa shaped. at least its all girl bits and she can run to the finish. I might find a gem or two.
I should actually grow a couple of these outside...i have
GMO CAKE X WELCHIE The way that plant stacked colas...both are frosty...it should be wretchingly delicious and an ofactory assault. Just want im looking for. Ok 2 GMO cake and 2...Garlic Grape Cake.
What could go wrong
DSCF4664.JPGDSCF4663.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Oil slick STINKS....As soon as I open the tent it is nasty. The diesel is already smelling and it is day 1 of 12-12.

It is time to flower her. The roots are coming out the bottom of the 7 gallon coco pot. :) I will build another one of these systems for the contest it works GREAT and i have the pieces.
The bubbler with a flood and drain...This was Heisens idea ! Something similar anyway. I had a feeling the added O2 in the feed water would work...and if its constantly moving bacterium has more trouble growing (and peroxide for sterlility).

She is currently 18 x 20 inches. I have a feeling she may need some space. Soon she will have this tent to herself. If i can hold her in here for a while maybe i can finish the punch in the 32special and put this in there to finish. We shall see what stretch is like.
DSCF4667.JPGDSCF4666.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The tote of burning love :D

A dubstep, a Heathens Hammer and a Nigerian granny walk into a tote.....sounds like the start of a bad joke.

Whats up with the 12 inch piano player on the bar.....the genie....do you think i said pianist?

I used to work at a fire hydrant factory....you couldnt park anywhere near the place.

DSCF4680.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The tote of burning love :D

A dubstep, a Heathens Hammer and a Nigerian granny walk into a tote.....sounds like the start of a bad joke.

Whats up with the 12 inch piano player on the bar.....the genie....do you think i said pianist?

I used to work at a fire hydrant factory....you couldnt park anywhere near the place.

View attachment 53267