The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Tower fans take up far less space. They are awesome for tents where you have to worry about it.

For my bloom room i have 2 spots that are void of light so i can put fans there. And i scored 18 inch floor fans for 45 CDN on for half price from Princess Auto with a 2 year warranty.

Thanks @Jewels for the GREAT recomendation.

And they are serious fans. The low setting is faster than anything i have in the garden :D We are going to get some air flow.

I also got mosquito dunks, a dozen 1 gallon hard plastic round pots and some other goodies.

So my plan is to run female seeds mostly...and every now and then a full pack of regs in the 1 gallon pots at 12 12 until they sex then up pot back into veg. I like that idea the best.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
One of the Dub-Steps has a better shape and structure so i cut 3 clones and put them in rockwool plugs in these cheap pots i got at the dollar store.
20200223_064901.jpg
And wifi is in the growbox. Seeds were all cracked so they are also in rockwool plugs in coco.
20200223_064846.jpg
I have no room to take cuts of the purple punch but i have a pair of seeds left and that WILL be stocked. The dubstep i want to keep. I love Stardawg AND A-Dub and the two together are very complimentary. Hopefully she is a softball yielder !

I am very pleased with purple betty. 56 day finishes are not very common in the bloom room. I do have quite a few sativa leaners so you get used to 65 to 75 days being when the ambers show up.

I should have taken cuts of purple betty! oh the shit you learn. But thats ok i am sure i will want to try some of the ones i didnt yet :D

Twinkle Tart and Magnum PI sound pretty damned tasty too. It is so hard to stick to any strain i love everything.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
One of the Dub-Steps has a better shape and structure so i cut 3 clones and put them in rockwool plugs in these cheap pots i got at the dollar store.
View attachment 50295
And wifi is in the growbox. Seeds were all cracked so they are also in rockwool plugs in coco.
View attachment 50296
I have no room to take cuts of the purple punch but i have a pair of seeds left and that WILL be stocked. The dubstep i want to keep. I love Stardawg AND A-Dub and the two together are very complimentary. Hopefully she is a softball yielder !

I am very pleased with purple betty. 56 day finishes are not very common in the bloom room. I do have quite a few sativa leaners so you get used to 65 to 75 days being when the ambers show up.

I should have taken cuts of purple betty! oh the shit you learn. But thats ok i am sure i will want to try some of the ones i didnt yet :D

Twinkle Tart and Magnum PI sound pretty damned tasty too. It is so hard to stick to any strain i love everything.
Grow box came out just fine huh . Def think I have to do something similar. Def need more space ! Just popped a bunch of Heisens so can't wait to see how urs come out!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
View attachment 50295
View attachment 50296

You can take a PP cut later. she roots easy in flower but doesn't snap right back into veg. After that cut starts to reveg, you can take quite a few clones from it that will be in veg mode.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Random stuff

This is my favorite Dub-Step and she will be a yielder. I have cuts of this one and another. And they are actually tagged :D lol.

20200224_033550.jpg
Left is Dubstep right is Purple Punch and they are really filling out. I put them in flower at the right time.
20200224_033047.jpg
Bloom is filling back up.
20200224_033630.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So never make asumptions. My friend sent me awesome pics of their day 41 plants...when did you switch them to 12 12

what...

So they are going to have a bedroom full. :D lol but they have room.

my bloom room temps are rising so i am doing another light switch

315 CMH is going back in veg and the 4k board will go in bloom for now.
And i will run the dehuey on a timer so it runs when lights are off. I think it should work with the fans now.

Always something..:D it is what keeps you on your toes.

Last edited:

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I will start posting my grow here. Currently finishing one of my tents and the other is empty. When I move in 3 weeks I will start building my new room and get beans in solo cups.

I am going to build dedicated veg and flower rooms in a space I have just for the occasion.
480 watts of 3k cob
200 watts of 3.5 cob
315 CMH with 3 and 4k bulbs (3k in the flower room)
400 watts of Samsung strips and boards in 4k.
That will run everything.

Strains to be determined but i am leaning to Jack Herer and Trainwreck and a pair of Heisenbeans...:)

And I will try megacrop exclusively with calmag as needed for the RO water.

The current tent is at 5.5 weeks of flower with 1 king tut and 1 gg4. Hopefully this is my last full grow in a tent.
The GG4 is smelling really good. It is an aroma I have not encountered growing yet and it smells really good. The pistols are starting to change color and the frangrance is really changing. I love when they start to come in to their true aroma and you can imagine the flavor.

And this is not a low aroma strain. The KT was not so bad but GG4 is really powerful.

I chopped a KT bud because i want to taste it...the tops have amber trichs (10%) and i want to see how it matures the buds that are under the tops.

I believe with the samsung an even canopy is even more important than it is with cobs. Cobs penetrate further.

This grow will result in 2 harvests per plant. 1 will be just the fat colas and then i will leave the rest for a week and let it ripen. That will be the future for me selective harvesting. Like a harvesting grapes for wine.

This is another advantage of more space and not really needing to fill the space. This is all for personal use.

A funny story. Once upon a time i made home brew beer. I got good at it and i had a system. It got to a point i had to throw parties when i had 10 X 24 beer cases and 5 batches on the go.

Glad i quit drinking that was crazy. :unsure:
View attachment 469
Gotta ask how did you like the gg4? it's one of my favorites

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I like GG4 but there was so many cake variants i stayed in that side of things.

It was tasty and strong. But they are.

:D
Just getting to some cakes now and amazed I have not popped any of the GG4 yet, altho BZ is one of the cakes. GG4 will have to remain untapped goodness in the seed vault for a bit, because the all diesel program is coming to a theater near you soon ;)

In the beginning 2019 I had a handful of packs........uh.....now I have more, lmao!

GCG

Dinosaur
View attachment 50295
View attachment 50296

Those are cool little clone pots. Each has an individual dome? I like those.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
They have a dome and the 3 pack is at the dollar store for 2 bucks or something like that. I will get 2 more packs of them for clones. The dollar store...i never thought of that.
my cloner holds 9 so i think it will work.

The dollar store has a gardening section and some of the stuff is a good value. Just smell the containers. Some of that chinese plastic sure smells like petrolium to me and i dont want that to leech into my flavors of ganja.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Light swap again complete. I will now run the dehuey at lights out only to keep the heat in a favorable area for VPD. Always heat bullshit. As the canopy shifts it impacts the balance...outside went from 20F to 48F for two days and my bloom room went from 79 to 86. So i think its back to 80.

But its part of the adventure.

My old job life someone asked what i did. I said no matter how sophisticated a system may be there is a guy with a grease can and a wrench holding the shit together. That is what i do.

The can is smaller and its filled with water but its similar :D

The veg room. I am working on 2 in the bloom room per week.

3 topangas and an oil slick. One day they will be HUGE. Probably 2 to 3 weeks from bloom. But that oil slick just had the roots hit bottom. It will explode in growth over the next week.

The coco pots have 4 inch rockwool cubes in them....i didnt know wtf to do with them so they went in a coco pot. :D lol.

1 experiemental topanga in a 4 inch rockwool and will be used in the 8 inch rockwool cube. Lets see what it does.

5 gallons of coco is about 10 bucks. 1 8 inch cube is 9.25.

i think they are probably comparables.
20200225_044815.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I ordered a couple things from amazon Monday at 4pm and they were delivered Tuesday at noon. Crazy.

The new camera card arrived and i can use the fuji waterproof point and shoot again. I tested it on the pooch.
That purple tote is full of weed. Jars and jars of fire weed. I put it back in the vault.
DSCF4450.JPG
Purple Punch...bushing out that 5 gallon pot. This is a keeper!
DSCF4458.JPG
And a couple of purple betties. I turned the light down a bit to reduce the heat.

I am probably going to hawk the HPS and a 4 x 4 tent and get this for the 32 special.
The shape is ideal for a square tent.

290 CDN = 215 USD roughly

Then it will be a row of 240 watt boards at the back of bloom
3k with far reds........4k.........3k with far reds....this one is in the 32 special.

And
3.5k cob 3k cob 3k cob

covering about 7 - 8 feet by 5 (room is 10 x 5 1/2)

That is the plan....

Attachments

Last edited:

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I ordered a couple things from amazon Monday at 4pm and they were delivered Tuesday at noon. Crazy.

The new camera card arrived and i can use the fuji waterproof point and shoot again. I tested it on the pooch.
That purple tote is full of weed. Jars and jars of fire weed. I put it back in the vault.
View attachment 50681
Purple Punch...bushing out that 5 gallon pot. This is a keeper!
View attachment 50685
And a couple of purple betties. I turned the light down a bit to reduce the heat.

I am probably going to hawk the HPS and a 4 x 4 tent and get this for the 32 special.
The shape is ideal for a square tent.

290 CDN = 215 USD roughly

Then it will be a row of 240 watt boards at the back of bloom
3k with far reds........4k.........3k with far reds....this one is in the 32 special.

And
3.5k cob 3k cob 3k cob

covering about 7 - 8 feet by 5 (room is 10 x 5 1/2)

That is the plan....
OMG that purple punch looks like a winner 😍

Sc006

If I know anything. I know nothing.
I see a couple of my regs are probably going to have balls (1 heathen hammer and 1 other reg).

So i am going to soak a few reg beans...

I will use only opened packs until i reduce some :D So i have it down to 2 choices...i might do best 3 out of 5 on the wheel of deciding.

I think i am going to go smoke a bong load of hash and ponder it further...but something is soaking tonight,

Copper Chem

Or

Wildfire 43 F1 Pirates of the Emerald Triangle. I opened it to look at the seeds to covet them...i have issues.

I have not tasted either...i like the sounds of both...decisions decisions.

View attachment 50018
I know nothing of the wildfire but I popped two seeds from the cc. Had male and female. Man what a nice plant, this one smells of lemon and fuel. My second run of the clone it was much shorter and didnt stretch as much as from seed.
I had three nice colas
20200118_191005.jpg
20191226_231048.jpg
Here the clone at 4 weeks
20200214_204658.jpg
20200214_204649.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Was it good hitting?

lemon and fuel sounds good to me. And i will ponder keeping a boy maybe.

I put them 12 12 from seed so i can sex them. I found a use for that mars light but if i dont like how she grows i will get that QB pronto.

Sc006

If I know anything. I know nothing.
Was it good hitting?

lemon and fuel sounds good to me. And i will ponder keeping a boy maybe.

I put them 12 12 from seed so i can sex them. I found a use for that mars light but if i dont like how she grows i will get that QB pronto.
Ahh yeah! shit is good everyone loves it. Nice stone to it. I call it the bush master lol. I literally trimed half the plant off that clone, probably should took more. The male I had smelled more of detergent kind of smell hard to describe. I ended up with mites from some where lost all my mom's except for cc and couple others. Sucks ass but least I got some new stuff to try.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I forgot the quantum 4k strip board was 240 watts. It works great but my veg room is too cool.

I put the 315 back with the 4200 bulb...the difference was noticeable overnight. My cmh is my forever veg light problem solved. Trying to save 80 watts is stupid if the performance is better with the 315...and it is.

Everything grew better overnight. That bit of heat was all i needed (and the light works great)

The grow box is dormant. I have everything in the locking room. I will use it to gather pollen or i might make it a dryer. :)

I moved things to my 20 x 36 tent with the mars light and its now the hatchery. I like that they are all swiss army knives...they can be whatever i need them to be. Tents are great.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
View attachment 50295
View attachment 50296

The twinkle tart I have looks like itll be a fast finisher too. I'll have to check dates but she is already showing many red pistils. She looks like momma black dog a lot and smells just like her, over ripened blackberries.