The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Today everything was working...I didnt even need to top up the bubble buckets so....they are ripening fast and will slow down the water uptake. I will slow down the nute feed as i top them up now (500-600PPM from week 6 to finish).

The flood and drain is crazy good. The plants grow at a level that is quite impressive and they love it.
3 plants in the flood and drain. White Rhino, Skeleton Cookies and Walter White solo cup. Currently under the 315 CMH. I will have to move it soon unless the white rhino stops stretching.
DSCF1789.JPG

And the veg tent is coming along. Bubble buckets have roots in the water and now they will really get moving. The 2 coco pots are growing ok too. These will move in the flower room when I get eso test seeds ready for the F&D in the veg tent. A full 240 watts of light now temp 78 RH 55. I am exhausting it faster into the bloom room (For cooler air exchange in the bloom room and to pull the smell out of the dryer tent through the scrubber in the bloom room).
DSCF1788.JPG
Good thing I am chopping stuff we need room!.

And here is a trainwreck bud that is dry enough to smoke easily. White widow is chopping next when there is room in the dryer!.

DSCF1790.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Hey Wheels. It took me a day or two but I finally caught up. I haven't read your stuff since before the move. Looks like all the little ducks are in a row. Now you've got me reading about rosin presses.
I wish all the folks at your ranch well.
Some of us will grow to be men,
it takes something extra to be a good son.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
OMG funny story. My 13 year old says geeze dad all i can smell all over your mouth is weed. And it did not make any sense.

This morning he says it again and i said what are you saying he said all i can smell all over the MOUSE for the computer is weed!.

Well that makes sense i take pics every morning and they are fresh and exciting smelling :D LOL

So now i use a wipe to cover my tracks....wait a minute this is my computer!

He also said stop eating at the computer but son...those are crumbs of weed not food. I wont eat there but i sure like rolling there.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
When you dry in one of those drying racks...should I take off the fan leaves or let it dry slow in there?
68F and 60RH with a fan circulating air (and not on the buds).

I want to be sure i get it right and i have never used the dryer thing (the fabric net with the layers).

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I trimmed it all down to buds last night and they are drying. What a great decision. They are dryer this morning than they were after 2 days.
From now on unless i hang the whole plant i remove all fans. I would do it all the time but sometimes its chop and get it someplace time to do something else.

But wow. Stellar looking buds. Smokes great. Tastes great. Works great. Tested a small doob this morning. About a 5/16 diam size. Works like a CHAMP. When its cured it will be fantastic for sure.

There are lots of colas like this. These are all i am trimming and the best of the golf balls. The rest is getting dried and either pressed or cooked. We need more edibles. If only i could find that magical butter machine so i can run 5 cups of coconut oil with a 1/4 pound all at once. It can take 10 times what the ardent can.
My last batch of coconut oil i used rosin pucks, decarbed them and then made 4 oz of coconut oil out of it. That makes a great edible for sure.
Its like roach free living :D

DSCF1822.JPG
This is a stock photo from a online weed seller. I think mine looks better. Way more orange and brown hairs and all sparkly.
trainwreck stock pic.png
Purple Punch taking up a lot of space!.
DSCF1818.JPG

Next Gen...Space Gorilla X 3 and a purple cake (I think Space Gorilla will be my fave but i say that at every harvest). The buckets have been topped once. I will keep them spreading out until the Eso beans are ready for vegging.

The difference between bubble bucket and coco coir growth is shown. Coco is easy but nothing grows mass like water (or fucks up so fast as water in a bubble bucket). If you can check it daily they are crazy.
DSCF1817.JPG

The baby starter box is loaded with eso testers (2 of each) and a GMO cake.

I actually did it. I grew to my 25. I can not pop a bean until i harvest. White widow on deck this weekend i think. A train wreck this weekend or next. then heisenbeans about every week until September.

Its the most wonderful time of the year....Christmas in the bloom room !

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This is how the flower room ended up. Each square is 1 square foot the room is 5 1/2 x 10 feet.
Lights are scaled to size and the coverage is shown.)

Grey spots are not in use (storage etc)

I think I am well lit for the space.

Total light (and everything is running full bore) is 1385 watts (200 in the veg tent of 240 and 40/100 in the sprout box).

I would like more height for the 315, the fixture is 10 inches high, and its too much juice to veg a tent so i will figure something out. Maybe I will build a trellis frame to fit under it so i can scrog them to fit. At least its FREE! I have a set of 4 x 4 grow tent poles that may be re purposed to greatness.

That is this weekends project. Back to on a mission again !

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
White widow is now getting water to flush out some salts. The doob tasted like it needs a flush before i chop it.

Same for the other train wreck. These are both a lot smaller maybe 5 oz total dry buds for the 2 plants.

But that trainwreck..That was a good size. In the bud keeper bucket (2 1/2 gallon) are 9.6 ounces of bud tops that are dry enough to smoke. I will burp them in the bud keeper and then jar it later when i need the bud keeper for the next batch.
9.6 oz plus 1 i already smoked and made rosin with and about 2 oz of buds for the edible pile (I am not trimming small buds).
To date this is the single biggest indoor plant I have ever grown (harvest weight).
DSCF1829.JPG
This is the Skeleton Cookies in the F&D (pulled out for a pic and to see how big it was.
DSCF1831f.JPG
And this is the incubator, starter box.
eso beans, a gmo cake and a cutting which will likely die but...it had to get chopped anyway :D Lets see what happens.
DSCF1830.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I had insomnia last night so I have been cultivating for hours. Trainwreck helped a lot !

White widow has been elevated to finish. It can be chopped now but i want to clear out some of that nitrogen.
I will scope it on Saturday after i get a new loupe!
Week 9 of flower is complete tomorrow. (day 63)
DSCF1843.JPG
DSCF1842.JPG

And the plumber just showed up (leaking mess of a pipe) and he is going to do my laundry tub and RO water machine install too. WOO HOO. I just used my last bottle of water and would have to get more today!
And after moving some lights and some pots to get max lighting on things here is the entrance bud shot.

DSCF1846.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Well theres good news and bad news...The good news is I have a new laundry tub sink and RO system to fill my bottles. The bad news is the only way to make it work because of location of things was to shut the water off to the tap. When you turn the tap on RO water comes out...a gallon every 8 minutes or so.

The waste water comes out a hose too and i will save some of that to wash gear. 1 gallon every 5 minutes or so.

Start water today 650PPM after RO 20 PPM waste water 950PPM. But it will clean gear well enough and that was the other reason for the laundry tub.
an 18 x 22 inch one so it would fit.

At least the water is the next room. No more water jug stair climbing.

My grow room is now complete...And all 6 eso seeds and GMO cake sprouted and are in peat plugs (carefully labelled and transferred to preserve the right damned strain names!)

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I decarbed some of those awesome train wreck buds. I ate a half quarter (eh).

So I said well lets err on the side of its only 15%...that is about 500mg but i think its more like 20 which is 650 to 700ish mgs could be why it came in harder than i thought. And 3 hours ago it started humming. Now its really moving.

You dont know how it works without a great bake on.

Fantastic buzz. I love the ardent most of all gadgets. Push a button and 90 minutes later eat a toasty bud and 2 hours later your toasty alright.

Toasty..

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
White widow CHOP !. Day 54 (week 9).
Trichs are turning amber and that is where i like it. Very easy to trim. A total of 5 or so popcorn buds and the rest are golf balls and fat colas. Probably 2 to 3 oz haul (i already pulled 1 oz from it) Trimmed off most of the greenery and put it on the drying rack.

I will never bitch about trimming again. You know whats worse than trimming? Having no bud to trim!
DSCF1849.JPG

The garden is taking up less of a footprint and i turned off the QB135 and moved lights around better. No more head cutting on the quantum board. I also have room now that i removed the reservoirs for the autopots. The freed up room will be used for totes and bubble buckets. Currently flowering about 25 square feet with 1100 watts Front right is the baby trainwreck. I will wait another week to see if i can amber it up. Its tiny but those colas are dense. 2 oz maybe if i am lucky ! Chop next Friday for this one.
DSCF1850.JPG

Flood and drain tucked in the back. This weekend i will give it room so i can do a tote swap easy when i have to do res changes. White Rhino is showing me it would have done ok in a solo cup too! Take that Biotch!
DSCF1851.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Small TrainWreck CHOP !. That thing was about 20% amber on the scope at week 9 and 2 days.

A complete garden adjustment was in order to make the room work out better. I really like it now.

The new recruits in the bloom room this morning. I put GG4 and PP in at this height and they hit my max room height so in they go. The ones in coco are stalled and can take their time vegging. The purple cake is a real mutant but i will let it keep going to see if she grows out of it.

Space Gorilla a pair in the new bubble buckets under the 4k QB135.
DSCF1861.JPG

And without the reservoirs for the autopots i freed up quite a bit of space. Future tweaks are some 12 slot power bars with space for timers and stuff (15 bucks each or so at princess auto).
With all of the lights on it is currently 85F after 12 hours. I can get it cooler if i back up some lights but so far it is not causing heat stress.
I have 1 Canuck white rhino and all the rest are Heisenbeans in the bloom room.
DSCF1863.JPG
The veg tents, storage, trimming, drying area is better too. I can move around in here now.
DSCF1868.JPG
And my favorite tent...the dryer. And wow this works GREAT. About 1 week and its ready for the 2 1/2 gallon burp bucket and then i will jar in a week.
DSCF1866.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
One auto amnesia 30% amber. CHOP. New loupe and these awesome japanese trimmers. I think I may never buy fiskars again. 30 to 40 grams maybe. Auto amnesia crop king seeds. Smells kind of skunky with a hint of that amonia white widow smell and a slight fruity back note.
This one is for edibles for my aunt. Going into a batch of cookies after it cures a bit. Organic soil with 1 feeding 3 weeks ago with RAW bloom
DSCF1877.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The babymaker works great. That grow box really bugged me for a long time. And now it serves a perfect purpose. It starts seeds pretty damned great. With the re purposed reptile heating pad it is now achieving great germ rates.
And I was needing some blurple in my life.
Eso beans, 3 lemon potion autos (2:1 CBD 15/7%ish) and a gmo cake that is going to break free in a day or two with the LVTK).

My next DIY thing I will build is a smaller tote system that has cutouts for 2 to 4 of the baskets i use in the flood and drain. This will use airstones to get the roots started in the veg tent and maybe top them etc. Then they just go in the bloom flood and drain system when they have roots.

I will run 2 of the totes with 1 spare tote for water swaps.

Now I am finally getting to where i like it and i can just look after plants (veg room is now perfect for me to go with the bloom room). We are in the heat now for where I live and my lights are actually getting things to 85F which is a bit warm. If I see a portable AC unit come up for sale cheap I think I am getting it. If I could get it to say 75 for the entire cycle the trich coverage will be mental.

This is where that spare 20 amp circuit comes in handy,
DSCF1891.JPGDSCF1890.JPG
And Space Gorilla loves the warmth and the 4k QB135. Now they will take off.
DSCF1892.JPG

Last edited: