The dope cave

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
4-letter word....KIDS. Had a small greenhouse on my deck years ago. Friends of my oldest son decided they needed weed one night and stopped by to rip me off. This started a chain of events that ended up with the Sheriff on my front door step (OK..3 of em). We were legal with cards at the time (2006-2007) so they couldn't do much...but they did spend a few hours in/at my house investigating the crime. The kids all got juvie...and funny enough...i got my wet/steamy/stinky bud back.....handed to me by one of those cops. It was all surreal as fuck.....and I had a garage full of above count blooming plants at the same time......whew....so it could have gotten VERY interesting. As it ended up...the kids got juvie and I got outed to the 'hood as a grower/etc. Some folks knew...but not everyone.....like the Sheriff Deputy who lived next door whose kid came over to play all the time...LOL . 5-6 cop cars in front of yer house does that shit real fast...LOL.
Damn dude that’s insane haha I can’t even imagine how strange that felt to have the cops hand you your weed back. Fucking asshole kids tho damn did the sheriff deputy ever let his kid come back over lol?

D

Deleted member 60

Kinda figured as much. Nowhere else in CO gets 100F everyday on the Western Slope....LOL....

Yeah...Up to Glade Park road and then a right off by those towers up there. It's a couple of joints drive back in there :D:D...not too gnarly of a road.....but be cautious/wary if there are T-storms cus some of it turns to that gumbo shit when wet. You used to be able to camp pretty close to the bottom parking spot....but last time I was there...it had all been moved back up the hill and camping was a bit more restricted. Either way...it's a sick ass place.....just nothing else like it and likely...nobody else around. When I first went there in the mid 90's they said only 500 people a year visited it. It's unlikely you will see any "Official" type folks down in there either...LOL.

We dropped a couple hits one afternoon and hiked all over that thing just trippin like crazy. Definitely some "woah" places/hikes out on the arches and shit.... then you can hike around the bottom and look up at it all. Gotta be a good dozen arches in there in a 1.5 mile span.... Desert Bighorns....rattlers....all that good shit...
"Mee" canyon to the West looks fun as well...but no arches. All these canyons drop a couple thousand feet down to the river... just incredible views and scenery.

Can't wait to hear your take on it......... gonna blow yer mind.

D

Deleted member 60

Yeah...my kids had a couple of "MIP" charges (Minor In Possession) each and had the cops on the doorstep or calling me to come get 'em somewhere more than once. After this incident with the greenhouse I got to know a couple of the cops...who were just doing their job...and would see em at the grocery store and shit...and just wave and smile.

My neighbor (a female Deputy) told me later she kinda figured I was growing...but she was cool about it and said it would all be legal someday...and nobody ever acted like they gave a shit. I did all I could to hide it but they'd smell us tokin and shit occasionally....and after I went Med I just told em I finally had a card and was legal. Never a dull moment.....

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Kinda figured as much. Nowhere else in CO gets 100F everyday on the Western Slope....LOL....

Yeah...Up to Glade Park road and then a right off by those towers up there. It's a couple of joints drive back in there :D:D...not too gnarly of a road.....but be cautious/wary if there are T-storms cus some of it turns to that gumbo shit when wet. You used to be able to camp pretty close to the bottom parking spot....but last time I was there...it had all been moved back up the hill and camping was a bit more restricted. Either way...it's a sick ass place.....just nothing else like it and likely...nobody else around. When I first went there in the mid 90's they said only 500 people a year visited it. It's unlikely you will see any "Official" type folks down in there either...LOL.

We dropped a couple hits one afternoon and hiked all over that thing just trippin like crazy. Definitely some "woah" places/hikes out on the arches and shit.... then you can hike around the bottom and look up at it all. Gotta be a good dozen arches in there in a 1.5 mile span.... Desert Bighorns....rattlers....all that good shit...
"Mee" canyon to the West looks fun as well...but no arches. All these canyons drop a couple thousand feet down to the river... just incredible views and scenery.

Can't wait to hear your take on it......... gonna blow yer mind.
Dope hell Yea man I’m gonna go out there tomorrow morning before it gets too hot. When it cools down in octoberish I’ll probably go trip out there too. Sounds dope. So far silverton is my favorite place in Colorado. To trip or otherwise, but there’s a specific place down in silverton that’s just insane. Clear lakes and creeks, heavily forested, giant ass peaks with snow on top year round. But hell yea man thanks for the heads up

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Yeah...my kids had a couple of "MIP" charges (Minor In Possession) each and had the cops on the doorstep or calling me to come get 'em somewhere more than once. After this incident with the greenhouse I got to know a couple of the cops...who were just doing their job...and would see em at the grocery store and shit...and just wave and smile.

My neighbor (a female Deputy) told me later she kinda figured I was growing...but she was cool about it and said it would all be legal someday...and nobody ever acted like they gave a shit. I did all I could to hide it but they'd smell us tokin and shit occasionally....and after I went Med I just told em I finally had a card and was legal. Never a dull moment.....
That’s really cool that the cops didn’t fuck with you. Where I’m from the cops love to fuck with anyone, anyway they can, especially for herb. They are definitely the enemy back home lol.

D

Deleted member 60

I popped 3 of heisens east coast 91 chem last night. This morning I killed the cookie wreck. It was moving way too slow for me I don’t got time for that shit lol. So far all of the cannaventure I have run has been bullshit lol
Can't say "Bullshit" here.....but I hear ya. I had some really nice CVS plants last season in the OD. Triple Nova, LVTK, PRK, Tennessee Kush#2... and they yielded well and were nice and frosty like you'd want 'em to be. Problem is....after sitting in the jars all Winter there's almost zero smell on any of 'em. None of them were THAT stiinky in the first place.....but compared to the radogear/Tri-fi (smells like full on lemon/Ronson/leather) and the Sugarberry (smells like a musty wine cellar)....the CVS gear pales....at least cure-wise. The "bullshit" here was all my fault......I just ran too many plants of the same stuff....all of which ended up not having enough terps.

Hopin to fix that this season....hope all is well over that way

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Can't say "Bullshit" here.....but I hear ya. I had some really nice CVS plants last season in the OD. Triple Nova, LVTK, PRK, Tennessee Kush#2... and they yielded well and were nice and frosty like you'd want 'em to be. Problem is....after sitting in the jars all Winter there's almost zero smell on any of 'em. None of them were THAT stiinky in the first place.....but compared to the radogear/Tri-fi (smells like full on lemon/Ronson/leather) and the Sugarberry (smells like a musty wine cellar)....the CVS gear pales....at least cure-wise. The "bullshit" here was all my fault......I just ran too many plants of the same stuff....all of which ended up not having enough terps.

Hopin to fix that this season....hope all is well over that way
Yea I shouldn’t say bullshit just yet, I’ve only popped 4 cvs beans and only flowered 3. So I haven’t given them a proper chance. Kinda shitty about the smell loss, I hate when that happens. At least your rado gear is holding on. But yea man all is well over here. How you holding up? I didn’t get a chance to go to rattlesnake canyon that day. One of my employees called in sick so I had to go in, only had one day off since. The plan is to go on Wednesday tho.

D

Deleted member 60

Just be prepared to >burn< the entire day there. It's a truly special/magical place. It also takes a bit of time to drivel back in there. If I remember it's 10 miles or so in. The roughest part of the road is down by the lower parking area. You can also access by parking where they erected the posts to contain the camping farther up the ridge and walk along the ridge to the arches. Used to be some seriously cool cliffside camp spots there til they blocked it off.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
4-letter word....KIDS. Had a small greenhouse on my deck years ago. Friends of my oldest son decided they needed weed one night and stopped by to rip me off. This started a chain of events that ended up with the Sheriff on my front door step (OK..3 of em). We were legal with cards at the time (2006-2007) so they couldn't do much...but they did spend a few hours in/at my house investigating the crime. The kids all got juvie...and funny enough...i got my wet/steamy/stinky bud back.....handed to me by one of those cops. It was all surreal as fuck.....and I had a garage full of above count blooming plants at the same time......whew....so it could have gotten VERY interesting. As it ended up...the kids got juvie and I got outed to the 'hood as a grower/etc. Some folks knew...but not everyone.....like the Sheriff Deputy who lived next door whose kid came over to play all the time...LOL . 5-6 cop cars in front of yer house does that shit real fast...LOL.
Ya no thanks. I like my growbro's for that reason.
Fences make good neighbors. My forever home wont need fences. Cause i wont have neighbors!
I am a canper as well I wiuld love to svore come caps and do what u did. Trip balls, watch the fire, stare at the stars, and make love like we are teenagers again!
But I hear ya about the kids and keeping it cool.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
All 3 east coast 91 chem popped. I just put 2 in cups. One needs a bit longer tail before it gets a cup.
Just be prepared to >burn< the entire day there. It's a truly special/magical place. It also takes a bit of time to drivel back in there. If I remember it's 10 miles or so in. The roughest part of the road is down by the lower parking area. You can also access by parking where they erected the posts to contain the camping farther up the ridge and walk along the ridge to the arches. Used to be some seriously cool cliffside camp spots there til they blocked it off.
Hell yea I planned on spending the whole day there so That works. Thanks again for the heads up man. I’ve lived here almost 2 years now and had no idea lol. Sucks they blocked off the camping. Is it blm land? Cuz if so you can pretty much camp wherever.

D

Deleted member 60

You can camp wherever on BLM...except where they say you can't. I dug out some pics of a trip we made in . 2010.. We actually had shrooms on this trip but (much to my buddy's disappointment) I didn't feel it this go around and was actually very tripped out without em....camera in hand..lotsa joints and some beers...

As I say..it's a magical/trippy place without drugs. I tripped the first time here and then went back and just hiked the second time,,,,to make sure it was real....

My truck is parked just inside where I found (on my last trip in probably 2014 or so)...there are now posts/barriers. I don't think they are really trying to stop you from camping...nobody is up in there to stop you anyway...but where my truck is parked is the start of a boonie road that had those cliffside camp spots along it....and I think they blocked it off to stop folks from driving in/tearing things up further.

Where the road veers off to the right and down the hill is where you go to get to the closest parking to the Arches. From there it's still a mile+ or so hike to get to the sandstone outcrop where the Arches are. When you get there you can hike on top of them...then drop down and walk up under them on the return....or vice versa.

Colorado FWC Rally Sept 2009 447.jpg
Colorado FWC Rally Sept 2009 449(2014-9-15).jpg
Colorado FWC Rally Sept 2009 412(2014-9-15).jpg

Colorado FWC Rally Sept 2009 419(2014-9-15).jpg

I love the West. So much variety...so much elevation change...so few fuckheads. (but we do have idiots and CORPORATIONS who fuck up shit like this cus they aren't being watched/can...and IMO...folks like that should be buried out here in shallow graves...)

but I digress. Don't wanna get started talking about stupid....

Yer gonna freak....

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
You can camp wherever on BLM...except where they say you can't. I dug out some pics of a trip we made in . 2010.. We actually had shrooms on this trip but (much to my buddy's disappointment) I didn't feel it this go around and was actually very tripped out without em....camera in hand..lotsa joints and some beers...

As I say..it's a magical/trippy place without drugs. I tripped the first time here and then went back and just hiked the second time,,,,to make sure it was real....

My truck is parked just inside where I found (on my last trip in probably 2014 or so)...there are now posts/barriers. I don't think they are really trying to stop you from camping...nobody is up in there to stop you anyway...but where my truck is parked is the start of a boonie road that had those cliffside camp spots along it....and I think they blocked it off to stop folks from driving in/tearing things up further.

Where the road veers off to the right and down the hill is where you go to get to the closest parking to the Arches. From there it's still a mile+ or so hike to get to the sandstone outcrop where the Arches are. When you get there you can hike on top of them...then drop down and walk up under them on the return....or vice versa.

View attachment 15967
View attachment 15968
View attachment 15970

View attachment 15971

I love the West. So much variety...so much elevation change...so few fuckheads. (but we do have idiots and CORPORATIONS who fuck up shit like this cus they aren't being watched/can...and IMO...folks like that should be buried out here in shallow graves...)

but I digress. Don't wanna get started talking about stupid....

Yer gonna freak....
Damn dude those pictures look awesome. I can’t wait to check it out. Yea from Colorado to the pacific is just amazing. I won’t live anywhere else. Next time you come out this way let me know, we’ll burn a few.