Stoner thoughts and toasted talk

I didn't want to create an entire thread for a quick question...If I can get humidity in my veg tent to 60% ish, should I put a dome over the top of a bubble cloner inside said tent?

D

Deleted member 60

I agree @H.A.F. There are multiple ways to fly. We are fortunate that (most) cannabis does like to root/propagate so readily.

"Most".....unlike certain cultivars like Chem D...which IME...would always frustrate the Hell out of me cus it always took 3 weeks to root up.

Gotta use a dome here though...unless you can figure something else out to deal with the <20% humidity that is common here...especially at this time of year.

D

Deleted member 60

You method sounds like something I used to do. Basically...a full tray of damp perlite with rapid rooters snuggled down into it. Fuckin never seen roots form in any other method like that one. You do have to want perlite in your show though... cus within 2 weeks the roots will be full of it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Tricks I have picked up is just simple stuff like immediately into water after snipping,
re-cut the 45 at the bottom just before you put it in any root-hormone.
I have a node section buried if I can - lots of natural growth coming from those sites.
I score the stem 3-4 times with the razor on each side just before I snip the 45
Dip the wet stem in the rooting powder (if you use it) first, then tap off the excess before the clonex, then the gel holds it on better. .

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I fill a big Mason jar w an inch of perlite. Can fit like six one inch cubes in there . Cover w a clear Dixie cup. Takes up no space at all and the glass jar allows me to look at roots w out having to take em out to check. Tbh I am just glad to have an effective system now

D

Deleted member 60

TBH here...I haven't kept clones in about 8 years since the market went to shit here. I did, however, run clones solely for about 20 years. 15 of those I was running the same clone over and over and over again. Fortunately for me at the time...the fuckers couldn't get enough and it always vanished like vapor in a day.

It was tough to pass up the generous offer given here by Heisen regarding clones....but everything changes and I'm just not set up for that stuff anymore....unfortunately.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆
I was just sexing plants with those - no heat mat, no attention except opening the dome and peeking each day. They sat on the floor in the corner of the tent, right under the fan where I don't put plants anyway.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess what I am saying is that for someone that does not like or intend to get into cloning, but needs to for a specific task (sexing a plant for example) the horticubes are basically set it and forget it. Just like the root-riot plugs, but you don't even need the plastic holders. And there is no equipment needed other than a dome which I use for seedlings anyway - but half a 2-liter bottle or a clear solo cup works as well. Nothing really to store in between when you need to run a set of clones.